C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bypass valve/air recirculation flap actuator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
Bypass valve/air recirculation flap actuator

The dealer told her that they need to replace this part for a cost of $2300+.

My son in law has a Haynes manual with some instructions on replacement. Looks like this is something I can do. The replacement part can be purchased on E-Bay for less than $200.

Does anyone have a link to on line instructions?

Thanks in advance,

Don
Old 08-24-2013, 05:38 PM

I drive what I drive
Hi Don,

Can you provide the Year / Model of the W204?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by C230Kompressed
Hi Don,

Can you provide the Year / Model of the W204?
Sorry, it's a 2005 c230.

Hope you have some info.

Don
Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by donsz1
Sorry, it's a 2005 c230.

Hope you have some info.

Don
You're in the wrong subforum then, your car would be classed W203 not W204 which started in 2008.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by Knightmare69
You're in the wrong subforum then, your car would be classed W203 not W204 which started in 2008.
Well, thanks for your info. from your subtle response I take it you are offended that I asked in a forum one off from what I should have. You are the only one that responded, but with the manor that you responded I think that you just want to post negative instead of positive. If that is the case, you can pound sand!

Don
Old 08-24-2013, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
Well, thanks for your info. from your subtle response I take it you are offended that I asked in a forum one off from what I should have. You are the only one that responded, but with the manor that you responded I think that you just want to post negative instead of positive. If that is the case, you can pound sand!

Don
WTF was that all about? How did I even sound remotely offended? Just because I didn't sugarcoat a response that didn't need any? I stated the facts, your car is a W203, you're in the wrong forum hence you wouldn't get the help you needed. Stop being a overly-sensitive moron
Old 08-25-2013, 12:07 AM

CL500
WTF was that all about? How did I even sound remotely offended? Just because I didn't sugarcoat a response that didn't need any? I stated the facts, your car is a W203, you're in the wrong forum hence you wouldn't get the help you needed. Stop being a overly-sensitive moron
Well thanks again. It is not my car it is my daughters. Is a W203 that much different than a 204? I am just looking for info on the issue. You are the one that made it sounded like I was in the wrong because I was in the wrong forum instead of offering advice. I am just looking for some help here. Thanks anyways.

Don
Old 08-25-2013, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
Well thanks again. It is not my car it is my daughters. Is a W203 that much different than a 204? I am just looking for info on the issue. You are the one that made it sounded like I was in the wrong because I was in the wrong forum instead of offering advice. I am just looking for some help here. Thanks anyways.

Don
Yes, a W203 can be substantially different from a W204 which is partially why we have separate forums so in a sense you are in the wrong. However that wasn't even close to my intention when I replied to your thread, I saw that no one was really posting and thought it'd help YOU to know that being in the wrong forum will hugely impact the help you're seeking. Take responsibility for your own actions man jeez. You read too much into my post and got p*ssy hurt for no reason.

As for your car's issue, if your son in law has a manual with some instructions on how to replace the part then you've pretty much solved your own issue. Even if it's not complete, if you have some mechanical know how and have worked on cars before, then you can fill in the missing blanks the manual potentially does not have. Good luck.

BTW, here are some google results you could have gotten also on your own.

https://mbworld.org/forums/tags/recirculating.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-actuator.html

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203...failure-5.html

http://www.google.com.hk/url?sa=t&rc...85jESzP-BFOCPg

Last edited by Knightmare69; 08-25-2013 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Added links
Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 AM

CL500
Yes, a W203 can be substantially different from a W204 which is partially why we have separate forums so in a sense you are in the wrong. However that wasn't even close to my intention when I replied to your thread, I saw that no one was really posting and thought it'd help YOU to know that being in the wrong forum will hugely impact the help you're seeking. Take responsibility for your own actions man jeez. You read too much into my post and got p*ssy hurt for no reason.

As for your car's issue, if your son in law has a manual with some instructions on how to replace the part then you've pretty much solved your own issue. Even if it's not complete, if you have some mechanical know how and have worked on cars before, then you can fill in the missing blanks the manual potentially does not have. Good luck.

BTW, here are some google results you could have gotten also on your own.

https://mbworld.org/forums/tags/recirculating.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-actuator.html

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203...failure-5.html

http://www.google.com.hk/url?sa=t&rc...85jESzP-BFOCPg
I do thank you for the links but do not find what I am looking for. I also thank you for the quick responses as you are indeed the only one to do so. I see nothing with specifics as to the replacement in your links. Yes, he has the Hayne's manual but we all know that is not as good as someone that has actually done the job.

I am sorry if I sounded short handed, as I did not mean to initially. My SIL is going to order the part and I will attempt to replace it with the info we have.

Please accept,

Don
Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
I'm sorry the links provided no useful information as I suspect for W203's they made C230 with and without a compressor? If that is the case then you may have quite a long search ahead of you. Good luck with your project and I hope it all works out.