C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

c250 turbo options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
c250 turbo options?

I've been looking and haven't seen any options so far. Are there any known turbo bolt-on upgrades that would fir the 1.8t? Possibly even a K04 with some kind of adapter?

Cheers
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Trust me, some of us have been looking and extensively. I've sent emails out to IHI which I believe to be the original manufacture based on images I've seen since I can't easily find any markings on the turbo itself the way it's placed in the car. They've been unhelpful in providing me with any information which is sad since I think there is a large enough market for this.

Another issue is that the turbo and manifold are one piece so on top of finding a compatible turbo, you'd need a custom manifold. Some are speculating that we may be able to mod parts from the A45 over. I've been in contact with Forge Motorsports who are more than willing to R&D parts but need volunteers and I posted on all relevant sub-forums and sadly no one was able to step up. It's sad because they actually want to make parts.

Lastly, there is no real tuning of these engines so far, the ECU is locked and worst case if you'd need to have it bench tuned which not many ppl are into.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM

I drive what I drive
Originally Posted by SkeeterV
I've been looking and haven't seen any options so far. Are there any known turbo bolt-on upgrades that would fir the 1.8t? Possibly even a K04 with some kind of adapter?

Cheers
At the moment the best you can do is the JB+ Tune mated with the BMS intake. There is also a shop in Torrance that makes downpipes for C250's but I haven't tried it yet. Turbo back exhausts are usually the best thing for a turbo if you want to contact a muffler shop to make you a custom 3" exhaust all the way back.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 PM

C250cgi AMG
is possible to reprogram the ECU via OBD? piggyback not convince me nothing, unable to raise the overboost nothing good is possible

on the other hand I have seen dyno charts to earn much until 5000rpm and then drops to values ​​that range and maximum power not win, not if small turbo problem or solenoid not stand the pressure, I had a evo 9 and with 5000rpm series solenoid pressure caia hit a 3-way was solved and strong beat above
Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 PM

2012 C250 Coupe 040 black
dam fail, not much performance options available for our C250s, time to save up for an amg then
Old 09-26-2013, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by evolaco
is possible to reprogram the ECU via OBD? piggyback not convince me nothing, unable to raise the overboost nothing good is possible
If you read my post you'd know at the moment it's not, the closest thing would be bench tuning it like I mentioned. Also, I'm not sure you're implying that it is but overboost is NOT a good thing. At the same time, most ppl who run piggybacks that are overboosting are doing so because they are raising the values more than the manufactures suggested value.

I had a evo 9 and with 5000rpm series solenoid pressure caia hit a 3-way was solved and strong beat above
Please clarify what you are talking about here.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:06 AM

e55
Thanks for the info guys! Sad to hear that the turbo and the manifold are unibody... Post e46 m3 life is tough with this reasonable car haha Hopefully something comes up in the future.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
Originally Posted by SkeeterV
Thanks for the info guys! Sad to hear that the turbo and the manifold are unibody... Post e46 m3 life is tough with this reasonable car haha Hopefully something comes up in the future.
Yea that's def. a huge difference in performance.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:27 AM

C250cgi AMG
Quote:
I had a evo 9 and with 5000rpm series solenoid pressure caia hit a 3-way was solved and strong beat above

Please clarify what you are talking about here.

my Lancer Evo 9 from 5000rpm the turbo pressure is going down, and it was because of the solenoid that controls the watesgate, with a 3-way solenoid is getting pressure to have red line
not if the 250cgi be this the problem of power loss at high rpm, but if you can not access the ecu nothing can be done.

this link is a graph of Dr. Hannson of a E250cgi, maybe it's this way, I see a spectacular gain, but not esplica that is what you do to get
http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/8216-e25...-dyno-results/
Old 09-27-2013, 11:37 AM

C250cgi AMG

Here a video of a c250cgi vs c250cgi chip (kleemann), but looks much difference in 1st and 2nd to seize more torque at maximum power not think it's much of a difference
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 PM

I drive what I drive
I don’t believe its the boost solenoid but more of the wastegate actuator being too small to hold much pressure after 5k rpm. Best thing to do is get a better actuator, or hell...weld off the stock wastegate and run an external wastegate! But then tuning comes into play again, so it makes it hard to mod this car at the moment.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:47 PM

C250cgi AMG
in this video you see a reprogramming of C250cgi, the boost is below 1.2-1.3 and 1.0 b 5500 is not I think a large pressure loss in all low pressure turbos above, the stock pression not know

Old 04-12-2016, 08:37 AM

2012 C200 CGI AMG Sport,2011 SLK 200 Komprs R171 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser GXR, 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK
sorry to bring this up again

But I did instal the keelman kit, DPm Kbox & air fillter.

& the car has improved having long rides on high speed the car did open up properly now I'm still looking for more.

doing a research again I can't find anything but there is a programer who will be visiting Qatar soon

he works in most performance cars 911s, amgs & i asked the shop if he can do my car and they were it's possible but it won't be a piggy pack and i will need to get rid of the kleemans Kbox as it will be an open ECU tunning, with a dyno before & after for proof

currently i'm confused and worried if I shall do it or not

I love the car now and looking for more, I'm just worried about an open ECU tunning what if i had a problem in the future will it be possible it revert back to the OEM original tunning.

without the help or need of the tunner him self as hes based somewhere in europe and only comes for a one week visit from time to time
Old 04-12-2016, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Seems to me there's never been much of a performance tuning market for Mercedes (in the broad sense). I look at the landscape now vs. 15 years ago when I had my first Benz and it's almost as if nothing has changed. It is disappointing. I thought, for sure, with the addition of turbo engines in the "normal" MB cars, there would be people jumping all over left and right to get out performance modifications for them and that just doesn't seem to be the case. At least there is a JB4 for these cars, that's something. Also, if you look at the known tuners for MB (Brabus, Kleeman, etc.), they're all using piggybacks as well (just like Dinan with newer BMW's) due to ECU lockage. But the lack of variety for everything else just doesn't make much sense to me. Then again, what do I know of the MB tuning market demand?

That last part said, this is an answer that gives me the most insight:

Trust me, some of us have been looking and extensively. I've sent emails out to IHI which I believe to be the original manufacture based on images I've seen since I can't easily find any markings on the turbo itself the way it's placed in the car. They've been unhelpful in providing me with any information which is sad since I think there is a large enough market for this.

I've been in contact with Forge Motorsports who are more than willing to R&D parts but need volunteers and I posted on all relevant sub-forums and sadly no one was able to step up.

Last edited by davis449; 04-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.