C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Supercharger kit for C300, dyno test is around 320hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
I don't wanna be that guy, I'm definintely cheering you on, however...

why not just buy a facelift c300 and tune it and make 320hp?

Also if you have a 4matic the transfer case cannot handle the power I'm sure.

It's just my first Mercedes. I never really thought about doing anything aftermarket to my car until one day a thought popped up, and it only kept growing, otherwise I probably would've done the research beforehand. I guess bragging rights comes with it too, probably with a lot of out of pocket costs vs just buying something with more aftermarket parts, but it's rare so it'll be fun at the least. I don't have the 4matic version though so hopefully the transmission will hold a bit more torque being stock.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:47 PM

2010 Mercedes C300
Also I'm working on adding a few more pictures. I've come to notice that the way the supercharger was mounted is ahead of the existing serpentine belt and a second belt added to power the supercharger. I'm not sure if they added an additional pulley to the front of the crankshaft/harmonic balancer pulley or what, but I've tried emailing the author of one of the articles about the build to see if I can find a little more information and/or get in touch with the builder. Hopefully I'll hear back from them at some point, but it was originally written in Chinese so I'm not positive I'll get any response. The pics will be up later tonight on the Facebook group.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 150 Likes on 130 Posts
2008 C350 Sport 4Matic Swap
Originally Posted by BiggestWorm
It's just my first Mercedes. I never really thought about doing anything aftermarket to my car until one day a thought popped up, and it only kept growing, otherwise I probably would've done the research beforehand. I guess bragging rights comes with it too, probably with a lot of out of pocket costs vs just buying something with more aftermarket parts, but it's rare so it'll be fun at the least. I don't have the 4matic version though so hopefully the transmission will hold a bit more torque being stock.

The only thing I would worry about is the stock internals, they are cast rods and pistons which probably cant handle much boost, I would play safe and only go 5-8 lbs of boost. The transmission will take it, its the same in every mercedes all the way to the c63, 722.9 transmission is rated at around 550hp and 600 ft/lbs torque.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM

2010 Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by ltwargssf
The only thing I would worry about is the stock internals, they are cast rods and pistons which probably cant handle much boost, I would play safe and only go 5-8 lbs of boost. The transmission will take it, its the same in every mercedes all the way to the c63, 722.9 transmission is rated at around 550hp and 600 ft/lbs torque.
I don't plan on jumping right into high boost at first until later on without adding additional sensors for temperature issues or having to worry about putting too much stress on internals. From what I've read the 3.5 has forged connecting rods, so I would assume the 3.0 has the same, but I don't know as a fact. It does have forged aluminum pistons that are iron coated though so I'm not sure how much they will handle without adding something to keep the heat from them. There's an article about a water/methanol injection system installed that keeps the temp down and off of the piston heads, but I think it's illegal in anything other than off road/track racing? I don't know much about it, but that's way more than what I'm asking for right now lol.

Edit: The transmission statement is a huge relief!
Old 04-08-2018, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 546 Likes on 482 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
yea our transfer case is made out of fiberglass actually (sarcasm), and thats why it fails all the time in the s class and c class under normal load

however the trans itself is fine, and you should have no worries.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:37 PM

2010 Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
yea our transfer case is made out of fiberglass actually (sarcasm), and thats why it fails all the time in the s class and c class under normal load

however the trans itself is fine, and you should have no worries.

The outer shell? I haven't seen the transfer case in these cars since I don't have the 4matic version. I don't understand why they would make anything with torque on it out of fiberglass. I know enough about fiberglass and carbon fiber to understand the capabilities of it (and it's extremely capable in the right situation) when it's laid properly but that's still pretty wild considering they could've used other materials. Also I finally added the pictures. I don't know "exactly" how they ran a second belt, but I understand what they did I'm just not sure how well it worked. It seems like if it's attached to the crankshaft pulley it would have to be balanced?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1901012683523202/
Old 04-08-2018, 10:57 PM

The outer shell? I haven't seen the transfer case in these cars since I don't have the 4matic version. I don't understand why they would make anything with torque on it out of fiberglass. I know enough about fiberglass and carbon fiber to understand the capabilities of it (and it's extremely capable in the right situation) when it's laid properly but that's still pretty wild considering they could've used other materials. Also I finally added the pictures. I don't know "exactly" how they ran a second belt, but I understand what they did I'm just not sure how well it worked. It seems like if it's attached to the crankshaft pulley it would have to be balanced?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1901012683523202/

haha no no he meant it as its weak. It probably is and definitely not made for 2 step launches with 300+hp lol. The weak point tho is just the bearings, they are just small, over heat and warp. I actually got my car with a faulty transfer case bearing ( knowingly for a very cheapo price at the time). Dealer told tried to sell me a whole transmission for 8000$ but they sell just the bearing separably.. Im sure they got someone. Anyways its not that bad, its like doing a wheel bearing but on the transmission, pulling the transmission and wiggling it back in was the hardest, still only took around 4 hours and the bearing kit was 250$ with all oem gasket.Pulling the trans is the expensive part at a shop I guess since the cheapest I was quoted at an indy shop was 1800$.

I guess if you can't do the work, make sure your transfer case bearing are good before buying a 4matic, it's pretty common, the mechanic that advised me and helped me do this told me he's seen them fail as low as 30k mile and as high as 200k and some just never have to deal with the issue. It's an odd issue. Mine only failed because the transgression was changed prior to my ownership and they didn't torque the transfer case bearings properly, resulting in failure, there was almost no preload on the bearing when I took them out.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:43 PM

2010 Mercedes C300
haha no no he meant it as its weak. It probably is and definitely not made for 2 step launches with 300+hp lol. The weak point tho is just the bearings, they are just small, over heat and warp. I actually got my car with a faulty transfer case bearing ( knowingly for a very cheapo price at the time). Dealer told tried to sell me a whole transmission for 8000$ but they sell just the bearing separably.. Im sure they got someone. Anyways its not that bad, its like doing a wheel bearing but on the transmission, pulling the transmission and wiggling it back in was the hardest, still only took around 4 hours and the bearing kit was 250$ with all oem gasket.Pulling the trans is the expensive part at a shop I guess since the cheapest I was quoted at an indy shop was 1800$.

I guess if you can't do the work, make sure your transfer case bearing are good before buying a 4matic, it's pretty common, the mechanic that advised me and helped me do this told me he's seen them fail as low as 30k mile and as high as 200k and some just never have to deal with the issue. It's an odd issue. Mine only failed because the transgression was changed prior to my ownership and they didn't torque the transfer case bearings properly, resulting in failure, there was almost no preload on the bearing when I took them out.

Ha! My bad, I guess I was to busy to see the (sarcasm)! That was totally worth the laugh! It would be ridiculously expensive probably but you could try consulting with a major bearing manufacturer about getting bearings made within the same inner and outer race tolerances that have a higher heat/speed rating, or do some research and find a way to keep them cooler so they'll accept a little more stress? I took a bearing class with SKF recently for work and neglected to read anything at all in the books they gave me, but I can pull them out sometime and look through them to see if there's a solution. They have a lot of very legitimate experience behind their bearings, but don't tell them that I prefer F.A.G. bearings over theirs in the particular application I had to use them with because it seems like they almost always wanted to start squealing while being tested, and the temperature differences between two bearings didn't always want to cooperate lol. The squealing doesn't hurt them, and the temps were still much lower than the failing mark but its annoying in both scenarios. Especially when you have the option for a slightly more expensive brand that doesn't have those problems.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:18 AM

https://www.*********.com/content.ph...n-the-1-4-mile

With the right amount of money anything is possible,. The m157 as you see in the article is the first 4matic twin turbo v8 Mercedes produced. The transfer case looks Identical to mine, they must off upgraded something inside for sure but the design they started off with is the same as our system. Like you say, they must of upgrades the bearings and races, the transfer case is quite simple, its just 2 gears together and 4 bearings, my guess is they harden the gears and bearings on the m157 4matic. Or they are exactly the same, I never really hear these transfer cases are weak, they dont explode because they're weak, the weakness is in the design of the bearing and cooling capacity, there's barely 1 quart that stays in the transfer case. Usually its just the bearings that fails and im sure the m157 4matic is prone to the same bearing failures.

Last edited by W204Motorsports; 04-09-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:38 AM

2010 Mercedes C300
[QUOTE=ltwargssf;7425722]https://www.*********.com/content.ph...n-the-1-4-mile

With the right amount of money anything is possible,. The m157 as you see in the article is the first 4matic twin turbo v8 Mercedes

I'm not sure if it's just me but I can't read the article. Its full of a bunch of asterisks lmao
Old 04-09-2018, 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=BiggestWorm;7425804]
https://www.*********.com/content.ph...n-the-1-4-mile

With the right amount of money anything is possible,. The m157 as you see in the article is the first 4matic twin turbo v8 Mercedes

I'm not sure if it's just me but I can't read the article. Its full of a bunch of asterisks lmao
Lmao wow, I cant share the link, apparently the forum detects swear words in it, just google w204 m157 4matic and you'll see the build
Old 04-09-2018, 11:47 AM

2010 Mercedes C300
[QUOTE=ltwargssf;7425806]

Lmao wow, I cant share the link, apparently the forum detects swear words in it, just google w204 m157 4matic and you'll see the build

Ha! It's cool, if you just copy and paste the last part of it it pulls up too.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:38 PM

2010 Mercedes C300
I'm not sure how the transfer case is mounted and such or exactly how they sit in the oil. It sounds like you might be able to just make your own oil cooler setup and run run the oil cooler up by your radiator with a small pump somewhere in the equation to get the oil flowing? It might be relatively cheap to do compared to having upgraded bearings if it's just an overheating issue.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:52 PM

I'm not sure how the transfer case is mounted and such or exactly how they sit in the oil. It sounds like you might be able to just make your own oil cooler setup and run run the oil cooler up by your radiator with a small pump somewhere in the equation to get the oil flowing? It might be relatively cheap to do compared to having upgraded bearings if it's just an overheating issue.
That's a good Idea, there's a drain plug on the back of the transfer case, all I would need to do is drill and tap a hole on the top of the housing and I would have a feed and return running too a cooler, that would add a solid quart to the system.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:55 AM

2010 Mercedes C300
Latest discovery... I've been in contact with vortech about their centrifugal superchargers. They're being very helpful with knowledge and suggestions with what type of unit I should go with. From what I've read it seems like a good quality upgrade to use their units. I plan on keeping in touch with them to see where it goes.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c300
Originally Posted by kkman828
my friend installed the Supercharger kit for his C300 3.0L last month

IIRC, Rotrex.

He said Dyno result is around 320hp.

That performance shop have done several C300 already, but it is based in China. u can find C300 Project pics on Rotrex homepage.

I may do this next year.....

BTw, I remember there is a similar Supercharger kit for 350, which generates 400hp
what kind of supercharger? where can I find one? Price??
Old 08-21-2020, 12:45 AM

w204c3004maticsport
Latest discovery... I've been in contact with vortech about their centrifugal superchargers. They're being very helpful with knowledge and suggestions with what type of unit I should go with. From what I've read it seems like a good quality upgrade to use their units. I plan on keeping in touch with them to see where it goes.
anymore info from Vortech or another dead end
Old 04-09-2021, 07:24 PM

w204 c300 4 matic
Originally Posted by Brandon Nowell
anymore info from Vortech or another dead end
i live in iran i have to do the turbo or supercharged lol in here we dont have c63 or lots off engines i can just order parts or brimg engine or bring car part by part i have w204 c300 i want a good gain not just 20hp i want good stages its 2021 its go... be a f... way
Old 09-23-2022, 11:43 AM

E280 AMG line 3.0v6 m272
Originally Posted by kkman828
my friend installed the Supercharger kit for his C300 3.0L last month

IIRC, Rotrex.

He said Dyno result is around 320hp.

That performance shop have done several C300 already, but it is based in China. u can find C300 Project pics on Rotrex homepage.

I may do this next year.....

BTw, I remember there is a similar Supercharger kit for 350, which generates 400hp
hi, I have a E280 3.0v6 m272. Looking to fit a supercharger kit. I’m located in Malaysia. Any help please