C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz C300
Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix

Hello everyone,
first let me say how much i am enjoying my 08 C300.
i have done a few things by myself already: Oil Change, Transmission Fluid Change, Air Filter, Cabin Filter, oh ya i had to fix a melted wire in the tail light ( i know this is an issue on these cars but i fixed it myself getting the necessary parts from rmeuropean.com)

actually, regarding the tail light issue, i added an extra wire from the light to the body so to help shed the load off the tiny ground wire MB installed. (See Pictures) This seem to have made the tail lights brighter actually.

as far as the main issue here:
for a while now i have been trying to get rid of some road noise / slight vibration from the rear of the car. my back rotors are slightly wavy so i will have to machine the rotors next time i change the brakes but i don't think that's the issue. also since the temperature dropped a few days ago, the suspensions has been making a cricking sound (like an old chair) especially in turns and on accelleration when the back is being compressed. if you oscillate the back end of the car you hear *crick crick crick* is this normal? can i get some troubleshooting help ?

thank you,
Attached Thumbnails Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix-photo-1.jpg   Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix-photo-2.jpg   Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix-photo-3.jpg  
Old 10-28-2013, 11:33 AM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
This is my first post on here and i have had the car for almost a year.
you guys have been really helpful....this is a good resource tool.

here are some pictures of my cars.
Attached Thumbnails Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix-benz3.jpg   Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix-photoasdfasdf.jpg  
Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
ok so i am completely lost on this now.
I went out to the car and bounced the back end and it only oscillated like less then once hahaha. this tells me my shock absorbers should be fine.
maybe the crick crick crick noise when i accelerate is just bushings that need to be lubricated. i will check them out next time i am under the car.

but i am still lost when it comes to the vibration issue.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:34 PM

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
W204
Clear out everything in your trunk including spare tires and see if this noise continues. Just want to eliminate the possibility that it's caused by something else as opposed to bushings and car components. It shouldn't crick when turning in the rear like that though.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
i don't have anything in the trunk except for the spare tire.
if it's the spare rubbing against the metal you would think it happens on bumps not on acceleration right?!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 PM

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by giovannifh
i don't have anything in the trunk except for the spare tire.
if it's the spare rubbing against the metal you would think it happens on bumps not on acceleration right?!
Oh, just making sure it's not caused by two items rubbing against each other that's all. How's your alignment? Nothing out of whack right?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
ya i just got it aligned like two months ago by the dealer
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 AM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
ok this cricking noise is driving me insane....i can't find where it's coming from.
as i was driving yesterday i noticed it doesn't really sound like shock absorbers compressing ...... it almost sounds like weather seals rubbing together .....it's weird......it sounds exactly the same as someone sitting in a leather chair but i have no one in the back seat
Old 11-04-2013, 09:23 AM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300
Could it be that these weird , slight, vibration and noise be coming from the rear suspension cross-member bushings??
i was changing my brakes this weekend and when i lifted the rear engine i saw the bushings that hold the suspension frame to the body looked a little.....well.....crappy??!! i wish i took pictures.

PN's 2043510842 and 2043500075

i guess these could also knock your car out of alignment if they are worn unevenly, which would explain why the rear was way out when i took it in to get fixed

any comments? and maybe a possible diy link to change them :-/ the work doesn't scare me i just don't want to overlook anything
Attached Thumbnails Suspension Noise Help + Tail Light Connector Fix-rear.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 08:49 AM

2009 mercedes benz c300
It might be a broken suspension link..
Old 04-13-2014, 08:53 AM

2009 mercedes benz c300
[QUOTE=giovannifh;5824849]Hello everyone,
first let me say how much i am enjoying my 08 C300.
i have done a few things by myself already: Oil Change, Transmission Fluid Change, Air Filter, Cabin Filter, oh ya i had to fix a melted wire in the tail light ( i know this is an issue on these cars but i fixed it myself getting the necessary parts from rmeuropean.com)

actually, regarding the tail light issue, i added an extra wire from the light to the body so to help shed the load off the tiny ground wire MB installed. (See Pictures) This seem to have made the tail lights brighter actually. "

Where did you find the harness/pin connector?? I can't seem to find it anywhere