C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Estate Towbar question (sorry)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe
Estate Towbar question (sorry)

Just bought a new w204 amg sport plus estate. the car is brand new and pick it up next week however it doesn't have the factory fitted drop down towing hitch. I was wondering if you can retro fit the MB one or if not im looking for a detachable one that you dont have to cut the bumper. I didn't realise how many options there were available. most say you have to cut the sport bumper but there are a couple that say you dont. just wondered if anyone has been in the same situation. any advice would be hugely appreciated.
thanks
Ben
Old 01-22-2014, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by B3NEJ
Just bought a new w204 amg sport plus estate. the car is brand new and pick it up next week however it doesn't have the factory fitted drop down towing hitch. I was wondering if you can retro fit the MB one or if not im looking for a detachable one that you dont have to cut the bumper. I didn't realise how many options there were available. most say you have to cut the sport bumper but there are a couple that say you dont. just wondered if anyone has been in the same situation. any advice would be hugely appreciated.
thanks
Ben
Ben,

My towbar was fitted by the dealer before delivery , all part of the total price.

The trailer lights have to be connected to the cars system & then calibrated to its computer. Best to have the dealer expertise here I think.

There was no cutting needed to fix it but I have the standard rear end.

Here is a link including a photo :- https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ler-hitch.html
Old 01-24-2014, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Coupe
Thanks Carsy. i think you're right, job for the dealer. The prob with the sport bumper is its little bit longer underneath hence why some people say it needs to be cut. thanks for the advice