C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2009 C300 4matic command/radio problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
2009 C300 4matic command/radio problem

I drove to a restaurant, came back out and drove on the highway home and Command prompts that command will turn off in 3 minutes if engine is not turned on. I didn't understand because my car was on and an hour before I ate it wasn't causing that issue. I've read multiple websites and I purchased a new battery.. that didn't work. I left my battery out for 24 hours, took out the command unit and tried to replug the wires thinking it would cause a reset somehow and that didn't work either. I still can listen to radio, CDs, memory card, aux cable and what not. I just have to manually turn off my radio and manually turn it on when I drive, which is a pain.

I looked into it more and many people have had this issue caused by the iPod kit being faulty. I removed my iPod unit located by the front passenger seat and no help there.

Also, my volume buttons on my steering wheel no longer work anymore ever since command stopped working properly. I still can drive my car but buttons like the dial pad do not light up. My command also turns off every 30 minutes on a long drive and I can't change the time on my car. Night mode and day mode display on command seemed to stopped working too.

Any tips or suggestions? I've been trying to three weeks and I can't find the solution! Thank you all

Last edited by nguyend; 01-28-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:04 AM

C300
bump, anyone? Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 02-04-2014, 10:51 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
350 GLK, C280
Some where the signal from the ignition switch is not getting to the NAV system. Either you have a faulty switch or a connector is not making contact. Look under the seat to insure the plugs are all seated and in the trunk. Since you removed the NAV system, tose connections should be OK. This is normal behavior for the NAV system when the ignition is not turned on so a person waiting in the vehicle can listen to music without the engine running. Therefore, it seems the run signal is not getting to the NAV.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:44 PM

Clk63 Black, G55,993
Have the same problem,please share how to fix it.Thanks
Old 11-19-2014, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 4MATIC LUXURY PACKAGE
I'm currently going through this right now... I found out about the "hidden" aux port In the glove box and the minute I started using It.. My steering wheel controls went off & I get the "command will turn off in 3 minutes if engine is not turned on" while my car Is running. Also I can't see my navi or audio on my speedometer, I just get 4 dashes. The left side steering wheel controls still work though. +++++ My navi Is glitching on me. I called my Local Benz dealer since they had my car yesterday for the tail light re-call maybe they messed something up? I'm not paying them 1 single dollar for something they possibly could've messed up.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C300 4matic Sport
Have you had the EIS replaced/worked on recently? To me, it sounds like its related to the EIS or a coding issue. The radio doesn't know the engine is running from what it sounds like. Good luck!
Old 11-19-2014, 02:59 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E43
Not sure exactly what the unit is called, but I had issues with the device measuring the voltage coming from the battery, so the comand kept shutting down on me and the controls on the steering wheels disables themselves. It took 4 visits at the dealership before they figured out that part, but could be worth having checked out as it sounds like you have the same issues.

The unit basically reads how many volts your battery is running and if not enough it starts to disable the convenience stuff like radio etc in order to keep the main components running like engine etc.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:01 AM

2012 C63
Originally Posted by Becksan
Not sure exactly what the unit is called, but I had issues with the device measuring the voltage coming from the battery, so the comand kept shutting down on me and the controls on the steering wheels disables themselves. It took 4 visits at the dealership before they figured out that part, but could be worth having checked out as it sounds like you have the same issues.

The unit basically reads how many volts your battery is running and if not enough it starts to disable the convenience stuff like radio etc in order to keep the main components running like engine etc.
Any luck with the fix on this? My girlfriend's 09 c63 is experiencing the same issues. Thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2017, 04:15 AM

w204 c class w212 e class
i need help on the 2009 c 300 4matic command /radio problem

I just got the 2009 c 300 4 matic and the command gives the “command will shut down and 3 mins please turn on engine” while the car is driving . It’s so annoying when u have to always turn the radio on. Also the volume button is not working and at night some lights do not come up on the console .... any HELP

Old 12-29-2017, 05:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C350
I got a similar issue after locking the car and everything switch off, i get back in start the car but the command wont turn on so i have to do this manually. I was told it needs coding not sure if that will solve the issue.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:48 PM

Exactly same issue on 2009 c class

How did you solve the issue

Originally Posted by 4MATICJAE
I'm currently going through this right now... I found out about the "hidden" aux port In the glove box and the minute I started using It.. My steering wheel controls went off & I get the "command will turn off in 3 minutes if engine is not turned on" while my car Is running. Also I can't see my navi or audio on my speedometer, I just get 4 dashes. The left side steering wheel controls still work though. +++++ My navi Is glitching on me. I called my Local Benz dealer since they had my car yesterday for the tail light re-call maybe they messed something up? I'm not paying them 1 single dollar for something they possibly could've messed up.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:02 AM

2009 mercedes benz c300 4matic

this part that you are talking about by any chance is it called “voltage regulator” I have the same problems and if it is the voltage regulator then I think I found my the reason why my comand system keeps telling me to turn on my vehicle when the vehicle is turned on it’s basically attached to the rear of the alternator
Old 02-28-2018, 08:18 PM

C300 command / radio problem

Good day
please let me know when you solve the issue with the command

This is why I see when I go into engineering mode