C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Shop that's done quad tip install in the bay area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2014 | 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Shop that's done quad tip install in the bay area?

Anyone know of a shop that's done quad tip? Preferably San Jose or Hayward where work. I have 2010 c300 bought extra set OEM tips.
Old 03-09-2014 | 02:51 PM

C300 sport
I had my X pipe done at classic muffler on Winfield in San Jose. The owner is Andy, and is the most affordable and still does good work. I had multiple recommendations from friends and you should check out the reviews. If you want a much more "professional" experience, check out BR racing in Los Gatos. They are way more expensive, but it's still worth it. I've never had work done by them, but a few of my more wealthy friends swear by them. BR Racing are perfectionists, so maybe a quad tip install would be best by them. The last shop, which I had friend recently recommend, was speed element in north San Jose; the reviews also check out. They seem to be a lot more affordable than BR Racing but they work with more JDM and BRR works more with Exotics and 100k+ sports cars. Classic Muffler is the cheapest, and works with a huge range of vehicles, trucks included. As an example, I'm getting my brothers car walnut blasted for $450 by speed element, but BRR quoted me $800.

I've only ever personally had work done at classic muffler, but my friends told me about the other two and the work they've had done looked great.

If I were held accountable for my recommendations here, I would say BRR would be the safest bet. But I'd also say, if you have the time, go check out each shop and get a quote directly. You'll meet the staff and see what kind of experience or work you're paying for.

Good luck Aznmode.
Old 03-09-2014 | 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Ron thanks for the recommendations. I've gone to a few shops yesterday and none of them have done it. Last shop I went to (Sound of Speed) looked more professional and I had to show them a picture of this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...tall-pics.html and they said can probably do it for $225 after seeing the images. But I'll call BBR on monday and see how much they are going to charge. Otherwise I'll call Classic and then Speed Element. Hopefully one of them have done it before. But it looks like all that needs to be done is cut the stock S pipe and weld on a straight one so the stock tip will shift to the left and make room for a C pipe and weld the extra tip. Thanks again!