C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 and horsepower upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
C350 and horsepower upgrade?

Hi all,

Looking at getting a C350 as it's nice and small to drive around town, either for wife and/or in-law.

Does anyone know what year the V6 goes to 302hp vs 260ish(2008's), and is the difference noticeable?
I'm assuming both are equally reliable?
Thx in advance?

Patrick
Old 03-19-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
2011 E550
The 2012 MY and up got the 302 HP engines!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
2012+ is what you are looking for. Also, in addition to the new engine, the interior was redesigned as well.

As for "noticeable differences", I'm sure you can look at stats for yourself, but I try to minimize opinionated comments. I'm sure my selection speaks for itself.

Last edited by edgalang; 03-19-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
M272 engine in 07-11', M276 engine in 12'+
7G transmission in 07-11', 7G+ in 12'+
Reliability is different.
Difference in horsepower is probably pretty noticeable.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:56 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by edgalang
2012+ is what you are looking for. Also, in addition to the new engine, the interior was redesigned as well.

As for "noticeable differences", I'm sure you can look at stats for yourself, but I try to minimize opinionated comments. I'm sure my selection speaks for itself.
edgalang - I see that you have the OE tune on your c350. Since most of us have not done a Bench Flash tune on our c350 can you provide detailed impressions of the tune? Did you do x-pipe install?

I would like to do the x-pipe install this weekend and then do the ECU tune early next week. OE has the best price for tune so I am wondering how has the tune affected the car? Are you getting better throttle response along with HP & TQ? How's the low-end? I see you get good gas mileage. Any CEL issues?

I am torn between the OE and Eurocharged tune as both of them are providing the same HP & TQ increase. Kleemann offers more HP (+4) than OE however, the cost is $800 more.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by DameMD
edgalang - I see that you have the OE tune on your c350. Since most of us have not done a Bench Flash tune on our c350 can you provide detailed impressions of the tune? Did you do x-pipe install?

I would like to do the x-pipe install this weekend and then do the ECU tune early next week. OE has the best price for tune so I am wondering how has the tune affected the car? Are you getting better throttle response along with HP & TQ? How's the low-end? I see you get good gas mileage. Any CEL issues?

I am torn between the OE and Eurocharged tune as both of them are providing the same HP & TQ increase. Kleemann offers more HP (+4) than OE however, the cost is $800 more.
we can match the pricing for you.

Yes, you will surely feel better throttle response along with the hp/tq gains. No cell issues what so ever as well.

PM me and I will take care of you.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:03 PM

X-Pipe: No. I'm still on the fence regarding this mod since user reports say it does not add any power. Ironically, I bet you if our cars had the X-Pipe to begin with, I'm almost positive the "cool" mod to have would be to add an engineered resonator for a more refined ride (leaving us to where we are now). Sound is subjective, so I may never pull the trigger on this mod until further facts are found.

CEL: No issues.

HP&TQ: Can't say 100% since the most noticeable difference is in the throttle response (at least in ECO mode, I do not spend enough time in SPORT mode to make a proper judgement). The perceived TQ increase may just be a placebo effect, so I don't want to rule out that possibility. In addition, cars equipped with the "dynamic handling package" have already improved throttle response in sport mode from the factory, so that adds another layer of complexity on my part. What I CAN verify is that the tune increased the delta of the computer estimated MPG with real world figures...BUT, it does NOT reduce the overall MPG figure (if that made sense).

Regarding Low End Toque post tune: I can't comment on this much because it was always there to begin with. Having came from a Japanese sedan, I no longer ever have to go above 3k rpm in daily driving (including freeway merges), so even without a tune, this 350 was a godsend. The immediate throttle response post tune is clearly evident however, and you do have to alter your driving technique if you want to drive smoothly.

As for which tune to go with, I did similar research and was on the fence myself. In the end, I went with a tune that can offer local support in the event anything went wrong, so for that alone I chose OE, but I wouldn't hesitate to go with Kleeman or EC if they were neighbors as well.

Trending Topics

Old 03-19-2014, 04:15 PM

@DameMD:

If I was in your shoes and there was no local tuners in your area...the fact that EC actively responded to your question alone would of earned my business.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:21 PM

X3 M40i
X-Pipe: No. I'm still on the fence regarding this mod since user reports say it does not add any power. Ironically, I bet you if our cars had the X-Pipe to begin with, I'm almost positive the "cool" mod to have would be to add an engineered resonator for a more refined ride (leaving us to where we are now). Sound is subjective, so I may never pull the trigger on this mod until further facts are found.

CEL: No issues.

HP&TQ: Can't say 100% since the most noticeable difference is in the throttle response (at least in ECO mode, I do not spend enough time in SPORT mode to make a proper judgement). The perceived TQ increase may just be a placebo effect, so I don't want to rule out that possibility. In addition, cars equipped with the "dynamic handling package" have already improved throttle response in sport mode from the factory, so that adds another layer of complexity on my part. What I CAN verify is that the tune increased the delta of the computer estimated MPG with real world figures...BUT, it does NOT reduce the overall MPG figure (if that made sense).

Regarding Low End Toque post tune: I can't comment on this much because it was always there to begin with. Having came from a Japanese sedan, I no longer ever have to go above 3k rpm in daily driving (including freeway merges), so even without a tune, this 350 was a godsend. The immediate throttle response post tune is clearly evident however, and you do have to alter your driving technique if you want to drive smoothly.

As for which tune to go with, I did similar research and was on the fence myself. In the end, I went with a tune that can offer local support in the event anything went wrong, so for that alone I chose OE, but I wouldn't hesitate to go with Kleeman or EC if they were neighbors as well.

Thanks for the fast response. I figured that since you chimed in earlier you would be around to provide some answers today.

Thanks for bringing up the neighboring shops, I didn't think of that incase something goes wrong. My neighboring shop would be Eurocharged since they are in the DC area. I may go with them as they are local, and if I have any issues I can just drive there. (Still a hike for me to Sterling, VA). OE's closest dealer is in NY. I will not be making that drive no time soon.

My main goal is to get rid of the throttle lag and add a little more get-up-and-go. I do mostly city driving and I need the rapid response to dodge and weave potholes, other cars, stopped taxis, etc...

Thanks again for the response....
Old 03-19-2014, 04:24 PM
SPONSOR

Thanks for the fast response. I figured that since you chimed in earlier you would be around to provide some answers today.

Thanks for bringing up the neighboring shops, I didn't think of that incase something goes wrong. My neighboring shop would be Eurocharged since they are in the DC area. I may go with them as they are local, and if I have any issues I can just drive there. (Still a hike for me to Sterling, VA). OE's closest dealer is in NY. I will not be making that drive no time soon.

My main goal is to get rid of the throttle lag and add a little more get-up-and-go. I do mostly city driving and I need the rapid response to dodge and weave potholes, other cars, stopped taxis, etc...

Thanks again for the response....
I have heard the potholes are pretty bad over there...

they can get pretty bad here in chi too lol

Old 03-19-2014, 04:26 PM

X3 M40i
@DameMD:

If I was in your shoes and there was no local tuners in your area...the fact that EC actively responded to your question alone would of earned my business.
I sent a few emails to Eurocharged through their site and I haven't heard back from them. Their site is not updated with 2012+ M276 engine tune for c350 and I had some questions. Now that loungn14 personally responded to this thread, they will get my business.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:28 PM
SPONSOR

I sent a few emails to Eurocharged through their site and I haven't heard back from them. Their site is not updated with 2012+ M276 engine tune for c350 and I had some questions. Now that loungn14 personally responded to this thread, they will get my business.
hum, now that is concerning.... was it from the EC-DC site or the EC.com site? I need to get to the bottom of that one, as that is not acceptable.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:30 PM

X3 M40i
[QUOTE=loungn14;5978977] I have heard the potholes are pretty bad over there...

they can get pretty bad here in chi too lol

[QUOTE]

LOL the pic...
Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
I have a 2012 C350 Coupe and my brother has a 2010 C350 sedan with the 268 HP engine. He says he can feel the difference especially the reduction in lag that drives him crazy. However, this is a normally aspirated engine and the real torque kicks in much higher than if you purchased a turbo charged engine. If you are going to be slicing through DC traffic and want instant acceleration you may want to look at a BMW 335i or a tuned 328i/Audi A4. The torque kicks in much quicker giving you more power on the low end.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:37 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by loungn14
hum, now that is concerning.... was it from the EC-DC site or the EC.com site? I need to get to the bottom of that one, as that is not acceptable.

Your main site....When you go to this page
http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...oftware-detail

You click the "Ask question about product" link, and a dialog box pops up. After filling out the information, I click "send question" and you get a SMTP error. I sent two or three messages that way last week, and I figured that there may be a problem since I didn't receive a response. Yesterday I used the Contact Us->Contact Form and successfully sent out an email in the afternoon.

No worries. You got my business, I am about to PM you.

Last edited by DameMD; 03-19-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by ralawren
I have a 2012 C350 Coupe and my brother has a 2010 C350 sedan with the 268 HP engine. He says he can feel the difference especially the reduction in lag that drives him crazy. However, this is a normally aspirated engine and the real torque kicks in much higher than if you purchased a turbo charged engine. If you are going to be slicing through DC traffic and want instant acceleration you may want to look at a BMW 335i or a tuned 328i/Audi A4. The torque kicks in much quicker giving you more power on the low end.
Trust me I know. I had a 2012 c250 before I bought the 2013 c350. After I got the BMS tune, intake and custom exhaust done, the turbo lag was non-existence, and throttle response was greatly improved in Sport Mode. My c250 felt better around town and torque was ready at very low RPMS (275TQ that was useable at low RPMS 1500-2500K after mods vs the c350 268TQ at 3500-5000k). No question that the c350 is more powerful, it's just that the torque doesn't kick in quickly which is why I wanted to know how was the low-end and throttle response with the OE or Eurocharged tune.

Last edited by DameMD; 03-19-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM
SPONSOR

Your main site....When you go to this page
http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...oftware-detail

You click the "Ask question about product" link, and a dialog box pops up. After filling out the information, I click "send question" and you get a SMTP error. I sent two or three messages that way last week, and I figured that there may be a problem since I didn't receive a response. Yesterday I used the Contact Us->Contact Form and successfully sent out an email in the afternoon.

No worries. You got my business, I am about to PM you.
damn, I will have to look at that...sorry that happened to ya..

Last week we were slammed in houston... (TX2k14) Had a bit of TT hp in the shop lol

Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by loungn14
damn, I will have to look at that...sorry that happened to ya..

Last week we were slammed in houston... (TX2k14) Had a bit of TT hp in the shop lol

understandable lol
Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 Coupe Sport+
Trust me I know. I had a 2012 c250 before I bought the 2013 c350. After I got the BMS tune, intake and custom exhaust done, the turbo lag was non-existence, and throttle response was greatly improved in Sport Mode. My c250 felt better around town and torque was ready at very low RPMS (275TQ that was useable at low RPMS 1500-2500K after mods vs the c350 268TQ at 3500-5000k). No question that the c350 is more powerful, it's just that the torque doesn't kick in quickly which is why I wanted to know how was the low-end and throttle response with the OE or Eurocharged tune.
Hey DameMD - been following your thread on the dual exhaust you did on your previous c250 - I was totally inspired by that and will be my next project.

Quick question...seems like you got your c250 running just the way you really wanted it for your style of local driving. That said, curious to know why you went with the C350 this time around?