C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-29-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

new LED Projector Headlight Pair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Sport - 4 door sedan
Anyone facing Car warranty void issues because of the headlights mod???

Hello guys,

Anyone facing any warranty void issues because of this headlight modification (from halogen to projector type) ? or any other warning from MB dealer when went for repairing other problems during warranty period?

I recently changed from halogen to projector type LED headlights and just nervous about going to visit dealer with the car for some break pad sound problems.

I'm worrying that if this voids the warranty. I know I should have thought about this before doing this mod

please help me guys.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:03 PM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
Originally Posted by gouth_C250
Hello guys,

Anyone facing any warranty void issues because of this headlight modification (from halogen to projector type) ? or any other warning from MB dealer when went for repairing other problems during warranty period?

I recently changed from halogen to projector type LED headlights and just nervous about going to visit dealer with the car for some break pad sound problems.

I'm worrying that if this voids the warranty. I know I should have thought about this before doing this mod

please help me guys.
Wouldn't worry that much if it's just in for brakes, are there any error messages on the dash?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:17 PM

C250 Sport - 4 door sedan
Originally Posted by ash59fifty-uk
Wouldn't worry that much if it's just in for brakes, are there any error messages on the dash?
There are no errors so far, but the lights flickers a little when turning off the lights or engine (only the low beam project).

Just wonder, my MB dealer normally takes one or two days to finish the repairs even if the problem is very small, so during that time if they look any difference in the lights and create any problems to my warranty because of it.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Fendmarson
I've been looking at the Win Power version for a while, since the Depo headlights have known unresolved shutter problems and in general seem hit-or-miss quality. I found the Win Powers at ECS below (recently were 10% off at $630)
https://www.ecstuning.com/Mercedes_B...hts/ES2975825/
They are certainly intriguing with the mounted ballasts, perfect (IMO) 5000K bulbs, and the "Intelligent Light System" written on the chrome rings of the projector housing (not identical to OEM as it doesn't say Mercedes Benz, but probably not noticeable until you take a really close look) as can be seen in ash59's pics. I like having the text but the chrome ring is def a bit thinner than the Depo ones, which is thicker like OEM, so it's kind of a toss up which one is more OEM-looking with both being 99% similar.

I'd love to try them but there's no reviews to base a decision on, and reviews of Win Power headlights for other cars are pretty mixed. It's just tough to say how much problem-free use you would get out of these, I'll probably wait to see if we can get any data points on how well these work.
I actually have these winpower headlights installed in my vehicle. My body shop agreed to replace my Depo headlights with aftermarket ones and I chose the winpower one.

I didn't expect the headlights to come with a white LED bar where the turn signal light is, but seems to look alright. not sure if I prefer one to the other.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:16 AM

2014 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by sev7nflow
I actually have these winpower headlights installed in my vehicle. My body shop agreed to replace my Depo headlights with aftermarket ones and I chose the winpower one.

I didn't expect the headlights to come with a white LED bar where the turn signal light is, but seems to look alright. not sure if I prefer one to the other.
Does the LED bar only do white or both white and amber when using the turn signal? ash59's pics show amber turn signals, and on the Winpower site it almost looks like there are different versions (some white some amber).

What do you think of the overall quality, how long have you had them?
Old 01-22-2016, 09:46 AM

2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Fendmarson
Does the LED bar only do white or both white and amber when using the turn signal? ash59's pics show amber turn signals, and on the Winpower site it almost looks like there are different versions (some white some amber).

What do you think of the overall quality, how long have you had them?
the LED bar does both white and amber. White shows when idling and then switches to amber when you use the turn signal.

Overall quality seems good. One of my coworkers has the legit ones and besides very very minor differences the only obvious one seems to be that the "mercedes-benz intelligent lighting system" engraving is not found on the winpower headlights.

I thought I was going to receive an amber only headlight but when I contacted winpower they said these were the "updated" version. Not sure how true that is
Old 01-22-2016, 09:56 AM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
the LED bar does both white and amber. White shows when idling and then switches to amber when you use the turn signal.

Overall quality seems good. One of my coworkers has the legit ones and besides very very minor differences the only obvious one seems to be that the "mercedes-benz intelligent lighting system" engraving is not found on the winpower headlights.

I thought I was going to receive an amber only headlight but when I contacted winpower they said these were the "updated" version. Not sure how true that is
I have that text engraved on my winpower lights, however they aren't the recent ones with the white bars
Old 01-22-2016, 10:13 AM

2013 C250 Sport
I have that text engraved on my winpower lights, however they aren't the recent ones with the white bars
not sure why they would take the engraving off, seems like a positive thing to keep it on. Wish it had it though - makes me wonder if they are truly an updated version?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
AMG C63s Coupe
not sure why they would take the engraving off, seems like a positive thing to keep it on. Wish it had it though - makes me wonder if they are truly an updated version?
Do you have any picture you can share with WinPower headlights installed ?
For how long have you had them ? Good to know you haven't had any issues, they really seem to be much better built quality than Depo.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:43 AM

2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by XZACM102
Do you have any picture you can share with WinPower headlights installed ?
For how long have you had them ? Good to know you haven't had any issues, they really seem to be much better built quality than Depo.
Ill try and remember to take some photos today - the weathers been crap over here so my car is filthy.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:26 PM

2014 C250 Sport
Ill try and remember to take some photos today - the weathers been crap over here so my car is filthy.
Definitely looking forward to the pictures.

Can you also confirm if the "C" parking light is ON while driving during the day? With the DEPO ones, they function just like the stock parking lights and turn off during the day.

I have been wanting to get the C to stay on with the DRLs for the longest time.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:25 PM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
Originally Posted by SamTheSammich
Definitely looking forward to the pictures.

Can you also confirm if the "C" parking light is ON while driving during the day? With the DEPO ones, they function just like the stock parking lights and turn off during the day.

I have been wanting to get the C to stay on with the DRLs for the longest time.
I know this wasn't directed at me but I can confirm my ones the C light comes on with the auto headlights, so if it's sunny they won't come on untill the headlights would auto-turn on

Only way to get them running with the DRL's during daytime is wiring them which is quite simple, I saw a thread on here where someone had done it. I have the wiring diagram/pin functions for the lights which may help. Well, I say a diagram but it's more a picture of the pins and a key telling you what is what but it's the same thing
Old 01-27-2016, 04:01 PM

2014 C250 Sport
I know this wasn't directed at me but I can confirm my ones the C light comes on with the auto headlights, so if it's sunny they won't come on untill the headlights would auto-turn on

Only way to get them running with the DRL's during daytime is wiring them which is quite simple, I saw a thread on here where someone had done it. I have the wiring diagram/pin functions for the lights which may help. Well, I say a diagram but it's more a picture of the pins and a key telling you what is what but it's the same thing
A wiring diagram / pictures of the process is exactly what I've been searching for! I've had no luck sadly. Do you have a link to the thread? My searching has turned up nothing.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:10 PM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
A wiring diagram / pictures of the process is exactly what I've been searching for! I've had no luck sadly. Do you have a link to the thread? My searching has turned up nothing.
Unfortunately no link to the thread, it's one of the guys on here it was a while ago that I saw it

Wiring diagram/key~

Old 01-27-2016, 04:17 PM

2014 C250 Sport
Unfortunately no link to the thread, it's one of the guys on here it was a while ago that I saw it

Wiring diagram/key~

Thank you so much. Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but just to confirm, I need to change the connection at pin 2? What other wire can I split to connect to it?

My understanding is I will need to provide a signal that is ON when the car is running, and split that wire to go to pin 2 as well. Was there a wire recommended in the original post?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:27 PM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
Thank you so much. Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but just to confirm, I need to change the connection at pin 2? What other wire can I split to connect to it?

My understanding is I will need to provide a signal that is ON when the car is running, and split that wire to go to pin 2 as well. Was there a wire recommended in the original post?
You'd need to splice the LED wires from the headlight into the cars ignition feed I'd say, do you already have the DRL's in the bumper? Are they aftermarket? Whatever they're feeding off would be ideal

With regards to which wires exactly to splice I have no clue about electronics, but into the ignition feed should be okay. When I get all mine done I'll just be getting the garage to wire my DRL's in

You never know as they may turn on anyway, I've seen other members cars on here the C light is on in the daytime. If I remember from the thread the guy was from Canada so I don't know if that makes a difference to how cars there are wired?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:29 PM

2014 C250 Sport
You'd need to splice the LED wires from the headlight into the cars ignition feed I'd say, do you already have the DRL's in the bumper? Are they aftermarket? Whatever they're feeding off would be ideal

With regards to which wires exactly to splice I have no clue about electronics, but into the ignition feed should be okay. When I get all mine done I'll just be getting the garage to wire my DRL's in

You never know as they may turn on anyway, I've seen other members cars on here the C light is on in the daytime. If I remember from the thread the guy was from Canada so I don't know if that makes a difference to how cars there are wired?
Yea I have a 2014 C250 - LEDs are on the bumper. Ideally I was going to splice the wire from there. I'll play around with that.

In regards to the guy in Canada, yea we confirmed that it was regional thing. The only other way to get the parking light to come on during the day in AUTO mode is to reprogram it with STAR.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-27-2016, 04:32 PM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
Yea I have a 2014 C250 - LEDs are on the bumper. Ideally I was going to splice the wire from there. I'll play around with that.

In regards to the guy in Canada, yea we confirmed that it was regional thing. The only other way to get the parking light to come on during the day in AUTO mode is to reprogram it with STAR.

Thanks for your help!
Ah happy days then will be so much easier, plus you won't need the adaptor harness. Yeah best way is coding via STAR in developer mode at least that way there's no cutting wires etc. All you gotta do is match the brightness of the C's to the DRL's, I know that can be done with some wiring, guy on here with the red prefacelift has done this if I remember right
Old 01-28-2016, 01:39 AM

AMG C63s Coupe
Another option I was looking at was buying complete OEM bi-xenon headlights and replacing the factory halogen. Do you guys know if it's possible to swap and re-program via STAR ? I understand that the auto-leveling, cornering etc. is not going to work but I read somewhere that STAR no longer allows for this ? It's for sure the most expensive way to go :-)
Old 01-28-2016, 07:13 AM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
Another option I was looking at was buying complete OEM bi-xenon headlights and replacing the factory halogen. Do you guys know if it's possible to swap and re-program via STAR ? I understand that the auto-leveling, cornering etc. is not going to work but I read somewhere that STAR no longer allows for this ? It's for sure the most expensive way to go :-)
That should work yeah, and as far as I'm aware STAR/XENTRY still works to code the lights, most important thing is to buy lights which come with their original HLC (ballasts) beneath the lights as they will already be coded to that particular light, if the wrong HLC is connected it could blow the unit. There's usually a code on the bottom of the unit that matches the headlight.

Credit to a wizard with coding over here in the UK for all that info who has helped me out loads so far
Old 01-29-2016, 05:45 PM

2013 C250 Sport

the C light does not stay on in the day time unfortunately
Old 01-30-2016, 03:50 AM

AMG C63s Coupe
Thanks ! It looks great !
Old 01-30-2016, 03:58 AM

AMG C63s Coupe
That should work yeah, and as far as I'm aware STAR/XENTRY still works to code the lights, most important thing is to buy lights which come with their original HLC (ballasts) beneath the lights as they will already be coded to that particular light, if the wrong HLC is connected it could blow the unit. There's usually a code on the bottom of the unit that matches the headlight.

Credit to a wizard with coding over here in the UK for all that info who has helped me out loads so far
Thanks that's very helpful. I read somewhere that a new front SAM unit and re-wiring is needed as well. Not sure if that's true but I was hoping for simple swap and update via STAR like I did with my old W203.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:12 AM

2010 C200 CDI Sport
Thanks that's very helpful. I read somewhere that a new front SAM unit and re-wiring is needed as well. Not sure if that's true but I was hoping for simple swap and update via STAR like I did with my old W203.
If converting to OEM lights yeah you'd need a new front SAM etc, not sure on the laws over there with headlight washers and levellers but you may need them too with xenons.

Over here it isn't required to have them put in for the annual test as they didn't come with them from factory if that makes sense, so for example on my car I wouldn't need the suspension levellers, washer system etc... I could just plug the headlights in and that would be fine for the test
Old 02-28-2016, 08:11 AM

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
2021 AMG GLE53 | 2013 SLK350 Sport
Hello All.
Just purchased and installed the Depo C63 style Projector LED headlights from Fishcake. I was disappointed to find however that they came with a halogen bulb for the low beam projector and not LED as I thought. Am I missing anything here???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new LED Projector Headlight Pair