C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-29-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

new LED Projector Headlight Pair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300, 2012 GLK350, 2012 C350C
Ok so, I have an email address for the supplier. What is proper forum etiquette to share this info? PM or just post it?

I conducted my whole transaction via email when purchasing these headlights as there is no storefront.

The headlights are direct plug and play. I used the same wiring harness and plug that went to the original halogens - No modification whatsoever. The ballast is mounted underneath the housing just like the OEM xenons. There are no wires hanging outside of the housing. The bulbs are D1S phillips.

The low beam projector acts as both low/high beam in a dual setup. Cut off lines are spot on and activating the high beam does not trigger the cornering lights. Everything works as the standard xenon setup. Only real difference is the white LED bar and of course no active headlight features as there is no motor. The cornering lamps are not wired at all in this headlamp but do accept an H7 bulb.

I will take another video and post ASAP.

I purchased these a few months ago and paid $1200. Not sure if price has dropped as of recent.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:03 PM

2013 C204
Originally Posted by UCSD_C350
I ordered these from fishcake also but noticed that another user, americanmotorparts, was selling them for around $320. The seller contacted me the day after and said there is a manufacturer recall on them right now for an unknown reason and had to cancel my purchase. Makes me kind of nervous but went ahead and ordered them anyways.

Any of the users having problems with them so far?
I ordered a set and they were defective. The driver side low/high beam shutter would stay on high beam if driving for a few mins with the high beams on. The only way to get the shutter to lower for low beams was to rapidly blink the lights. I sent them back and had to pay shipping because the seller denied they were defective. I am curious what the recall is for....BTW, I believe all of the sellers asking $399 for these are the same company, something like KT Campus. I wonder if the ones for $320 are the exact same light?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Experiencing same issue right now as well

High beam shutter on my driver side remains open.

Fishcake has been really helpful with me so far trying to resolve the issue. he is sending me a replacement headlight for the defective side now.

Also seems there is a quick fix for this @polar13

Did you just open and close high beams really fast?? Does the shutter stay off after that or is it just temporary? I am blinding people right now and have been avoiding night time driving.

For anyone looking to buy these i recommend waiting a little until this is resolved.
Here is a video with my issue btw

Old 05-28-2014, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
that's what i was afraid of....well good luck guys!.. I'll keep checking in to see your progress or if any better quality units are being sold out there
Old 05-28-2014, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by hellasmania219
Ok so, I have an email address for the supplier. What is proper forum etiquette to share this info? PM or just post it?

I conducted my whole transaction via email when purchasing these headlights as there is no storefront.

The headlights are direct plug and play. I used the same wiring harness and plug that went to the original halogens - No modification whatsoever. The ballast is mounted underneath the housing just like the OEM xenons. There are no wires hanging outside of the housing. The bulbs are D1S phillips.

The low beam projector acts as both low/high beam in a dual setup. Cut off lines are spot on and activating the high beam does not trigger the cornering lights. Everything works as the standard xenon setup. Only real difference is the white LED bar and of course no active headlight features as there is no motor. The cornering lamps are not wired at all in this headlamp but do accept an H7 bulb.

I will take another video and post ASAP.

I purchased these a few months ago and paid $1200. Not sure if price has dropped as of recent.

a little pricey but if the quality is there i might go this way. Are these OEM bi-xenons modified for the LED white strip or just Depo brand headlights? Do you know?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
is it recommended to seal up the area of the headlights with the black silicone on the depo headlights? Mine are a little bit loose

Should i be concerned?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by sev7nflow
is it recommended to seal up the area of the headlights with the black silicone on the depo headlights? Mine are a little bit loose

Should i be concerned?
i believe they stay tight once you fit them in. You can also use your OEM black rubber to put on the new headlights...
Old 05-28-2014, 04:44 PM

2013 C250 Sport
sorry i meant to say the black silicone stuff that is around the back of the headlight where the bulb was inserted. (not the black rubber stuff around the entire headlight
Old 05-28-2014, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Oh oops! I would totally seal that yes! You do not want moisture in there
Old 05-28-2014, 04:47 PM

2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Clkboi
Oh oops! I would totally seal that yes! You do not want moisture in there
is there a reason they do not come sealed directly from the manufacturer?? pulling them out to seal them is going to be such a pain

what is the recommended way to seal them and with what material?
Old 05-28-2014, 10:26 PM

2013 C204
is there a reason they do not come sealed directly from the manufacturer?? pulling them out to seal them is going to be such a pain

what is the recommended way to seal them and with what material?
I think you are missing something here.....there is a round disc that goes over the big hole where the bulb is inserted. About 4 inches in diameter......the lights come with them loose in the box.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:32 PM

2013 C204
Experiencing same issue right now as well

High beam shutter on my driver side remains open.

Fishcake has been really helpful with me so far trying to resolve the issue. he is sending me a replacement headlight for the defective side now.

Also seems there is a quick fix for this @polar13

Did you just open and close high beams really fast?? Does the shutter stay off after that or is it just temporary? I am blinding people right now and have been avoiding night time driving.
Yeah quickly flicking the high beams on and off would fix it....then it should stay unstuck. I uninstalled and returned them as I really didn't want unreliable headlamps and I lost my faith in them.....headlamps are kind of important .
Old 05-28-2014, 11:21 PM

2009 C300, 2012 GLK350, 2012 C350C
I've had zero issues thus far. No moisture leakage and no high beams getting stuck. They headlamps are not DEPO brand, I didn't see any markings of the factory though.

I believe they are made in Taiwan, I can't guarantee though. I sent an email to supplier and also asked about new pricing.

I have seen something similar from a Singapore auto company, but when I was shopping they wanted $1600 for a set.

I felt bad about my purchase when I saw offerings on eBay for around $400. But the set I have installed seem of much better quality. The best feature is that everything is self contained and the bulbs used are Phillips brand.

Only time will tell. I'll keep everyone posted. If you would like suppliers email just shoot me a PM and you can contact directly.

I'll take another video tomorrow and post here.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:06 AM

2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by polar13
I think you are missing something here.....there is a round disc that goes over the big hole where the bulb is inserted. About 4 inches in diameter......the lights come with them loose in the box.
which round disc are you speaking of? I didnt find any discs in the box my headlights came in.... I am talking about this area in green that is sort of "loose" and the silicone is not sealed all the way around: see attached
Attached Thumbnails new LED Projector Headlight Pair-5-29-2014-7-05-06-am.jpg  
Old 05-30-2014, 01:26 AM

2014 C250
Angry Has anyone found a solution for the high beams?!?!

I installed these Depo's on my car and had the high beam issue being stuck on the passenger side, so I returned them as defective. When I received a second pair, they also have the same issue. I'm blinding everyone on the road and it just sucks having defective headlights.

Anyone find a solution yet?
(Flashing them quickly doesn't work anymore)

Except for the high beam issue they're extremely bright, no issues with condensation, extremely easy DIY, and a huge upgrade from halogen.
Attached Thumbnails new LED Projector Headlight Pair-img_4527.jpg   new LED Projector Headlight Pair-img_4531.jpg   new LED Projector Headlight Pair-img_4536.jpg  

Last edited by crazymofokah; 05-30-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:51 AM

2013 C250 Sport
To everyone that bought and installed fishcake's DEPO headlights:

Is there a proper area/way to mount the ballasts? Right now I've mounted them with zipties to the top area where the bolt is located on the highest point of the headlight assembly. Is this asking for trouble, or should I be OK with this set up?

I've come across some HID horror stories where they catch fire and want to make sure I won't accidentally be permanently damaging my newly bought W204...
Old 05-30-2014, 11:14 AM

2014 C250
To everyone that bought and installed fishcake's DEPO headlights:

Is there a proper area/way to mount the ballasts? Right now I've mounted them with zipties to the top area where the bolt is located on the highest point of the headlight assembly. Is this asking for trouble, or should I be OK with this set up?

I've come across some HID horror stories where they catch fire and want to make sure I won't accidentally be permanently damaging my newly bought W204...
Do not mount your ballasts on the headlight unit itself.. sounds like trouble. Mount them somewhere secure in your engine bay. There's lots of space on the passenger side
Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM

2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by crazymofokah
Do not mount your ballasts on the headlight unit itself.. sounds like trouble. Mount them somewhere secure in your engine bay. There's lots of space on the passenger side
any reason why? Aren't the OEM ballasts mounted directly on their headlight assemblies? I agree theres plenty of room on the passenger side, but I had trouble finding an area for the driver side. I'll try to snap some pictures today of the location and how they are mounted
Old 05-30-2014, 12:32 PM

2013 C250 Sport
Here are pictures of where my ballasts are mounted on each side... Any suggestions to the wiring and ballast placements to reduce any possible fire hazzards? Any suggestions would be appreciated, not trying to have my new purchase catch fire on me...

new LED Projector Headlight Pair-20140530_091030_zps80d03a61.jpg

new LED Projector Headlight Pair-20140530_091044_zps614788ce.jpg
Old 05-30-2014, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
I installed these Depo's on my car and had the high beam issue being stuck on the passenger side, so I returned them as defective. When I received a second pair, they also have the same issue. I'm blinding everyone on the road and it just sucks having defective headlights.

Anyone find a solution yet?
(Flashing them quickly doesn't work anymore)

Except for the high beam issue they're extremely bright, no issues with condensation, extremely easy DIY, and a huge upgrade from halogen.

That just suxs. I hope you tested them before you went through the hassle of mounting them...

I am getting my new driver side soon so lets hope it doesnt have the same issues. I am scared to use my high beams now lol
Old 05-30-2014, 04:28 PM

2014 C250
Here are pictures of where my ballasts are mounted on each side... Any suggestions to the wiring and ballast placements to reduce any possible fire hazzards? Any suggestions would be appreciated, not trying to have my new purchase catch fire on me...

Passenger side: I mounted mine under the metal lip where the red arrow is. I put double sided tape above and below my ballast, jammed it in between that space.

Driver side: Fit it where the red arrow is. Had to push that grey foam-like cylinder in the direction of the blue arrows to make it fit

I had this set up on my 300 for 3 years and on my 250 for 7 months, no issues thus far, no fires
Attached Thumbnails new LED Projector Headlight Pair-screen-shot-2014-05-30-1.20.05-pm.png   new LED Projector Headlight Pair-screen-shot-2014-05-30-1.20.23-pm.png  
Old 05-30-2014, 08:53 PM

2013 C204
That just suxs. I hope you tested them before you went through the hassle of mounting them...

I am getting my new driver side soon so lets hope it doesnt have the same issues. I am scared to use my high beams now lol
The issue with testing them is that they seem to work correctly when just flashed or on for a brief moment. The issue with mine was when I was actually driving and left them on for a 30 seconds or longer and then had to switch to low beam. One thought I had was possibly buying replacement shutters or solenoids from the retrofit source. They might be plug and play???
Old 05-31-2014, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by polar13
The issue with testing them is that they seem to work correctly when just flashed or on for a brief moment. The issue with mine was when I was actually driving and left them on for a 30 seconds or longer and then had to switch to low beam. One thought I had was possibly buying replacement shutters or solenoids from the retrofit source. They might be plug and play???
What do these shutters look like? This is my first time dealing with a bi-xenon setup...
Old 06-01-2014, 05:24 PM

2014 E350 4MATIC
This is troubling to hear about the sticking shutters on the DEPO lights. I have not experienced this issue, but then again I rarely use the high beams. fishcake has not contacted me about a recall.

Regarding condensation, I have not seen any and have driven through some fairly violent weather recently. It's worth noting that I did reinforce the silicone seal in the dust covers with duct tape as a preventative measure.

For $400, I still think the DEPOs are a better deal than the ones hellasmania219 installed. Quality is great and likeness to OEM is nearly perfect, and while I agree that ballasts internal to the assembly (like OEM) is preferred and makes the install easier, it is not worth $800+ to me. Maybe I'm just cheap .
Old 06-05-2014, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
The high beam randomly dropped yesterday so i am back to normal now. Mine was stuck for about 1 week...

Getting the new headlight in this weekend and swapping out regardless though.

How is everyone else doing who had the issue?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new LED Projector Headlight Pair