C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 by QuineL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C class W204
W204 by QuineL

Hi guys,

You can call me Quinel, and i'm 30 years old guy from Portugal. I'm following this forum for a long time and i'm here to learn more about my model.

I have a C-class c220 w204 from 2008 with AMG kit. I have already done some modifications and he is, actually, like this:

I decide now, to change wheels, and my goal is this wheels:

Can anyone help me with the dammit ET ? I have, actually 8Jx18 235/40 ET45 at front and 8,5Jx18 255/35 ET49 back. I want to use the same tires, and change only wheels. 8,5J front and 9,5J back i think is too much and go out of car range. ( i don't want it )

Can someone help me ?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2014, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB C220 Sport W204, 18" AMGs, Grey lthr, xenons, p'ktronic, HKardon, Comand nav.
Sorry can't help with the wheels but wanted to ask how you did your twin exhaust outlet as the C.220 comes with only one as standard?
Old 05-30-2014, 11:06 AM

C class W204
Originally Posted by NewtwoMB
Sorry can't help with the wheels but wanted to ask how you did your twin exhaust outlet as the C.220 comes with only one as standard?
Hi

It was easy, just bought a C320 exaust, change rear diffuser and put it there. It's plug and play
Old 05-30-2014, 11:18 AM

MB C220 Sport W204, 18" AMGs, Grey lthr, xenons, p'ktronic, HKardon, Comand nav.
OK, get that, but how did you hook it up to the single pipe coming from the exhaust header / cat? With a custom made Y piece or what?. On the C320 there are two headers. Also did you get the heat shields beside the spare tire and battery box that the C320 / C350 has? Thanks for the quick answer.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 AM

C class W204
OK, get that, but how did you hook it up to the single pipe coming from the exhaust header / cat? With a custom made Y piece or what?. On the C320 there are two headers. Also did you get the heat shields beside the spare tire and battery box that the C320 / C350 has? Thanks for the quick answer.
Yes, i did all that you said. I used a custom made "Y" piece and putted the heat shields. Everything in order

When i change something, i change just with OEM spare parts. Well.. except the front grill

The wheels are from an E-Coupé, changed the minimal lights to chrome, lip on trunk, window shade and now i'm searching for those CLS wheels, but can't find it in the dimensions that i want. :-/
Old 05-30-2014, 11:53 AM

Hi, thanks for the information - been thinking about doing it for a long time but never did yet. Did you do it all yourself? Just getting the diffuser off seems pretty difficult! Mine got bumped once and it popped out of its location lugs along the top edge. Had to get a body shop to sort it out for me. Good luck with the CLS wheels - but you have to get the offsets right or they'll rub somewhere, either on the wheel arches or on the dampers or brakes. I love the 5 spoke AMGs on mine - they're so much better looking than the standard 6 spoke that was offered at the time I bought mine.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:02 PM

C class W204
Hi, thanks for the information - been thinking about doing it for a long time but never did yet. Did you do it all yourself? Just getting the diffuser off seems pretty difficult! Mine got bumped once and it popped out of its location lugs along the top edge. Had to get a body shop to sort it out for me. Good luck with the CLS wheels - but you have to get the offsets right or they'll rub somewhere, either on the wheel arches or on the dampers or brakes. I love the 5 spoke AMGs on mine - they're so much better looking than the standard 6 spoke that was offered at the time I bought mine.
Show me your project.

I paid 60€ for the man job and the "Y", 150€ for the C320 exausht and 130€ for the rear diffuser. Wasn't too expensive, i think.

You live in UK and maybe you could help me

I'm searching in ebay.uk, and there are 1 seller, that is seeling this CLS wheels, but he only sell the 4 wheels with 8J. I sent him an email asking him to send me 2 wheels 8j and 2 wheels 8,5J but we said no. Can you talk with him? ^^

here is the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-5-SPOKE...item3f264719c5

I dont know if you live closer or not
Old 05-31-2014, 04:18 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the info - those prices do seem quite low. Probably more here, like most things. Perhaps you could let me have the part numbers so I can check?

I don't live close to this eBay seller - more than 160 kms away! I can contact him in the usual eBay way I guess but its possible that he only has the 8J size wheels and not the staggered sized ones with 8.5J for the rears. Have you checked what the offset of these wheels is? If its nowhere near what the standard W204 wheels are you'll have wasted your money, clearly.

I'll help if I can, but perhaps you should get a little more info first?