C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

sometimes you have to laugh.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 12:59 AM
SPJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBA
poor seller - buyers beware -but sometimes you have to laugh.....

I like forums for enthusiasts, it usually gives you a wealth of information and valuable insights into tuning and custom work. I’ve been buying and selling parts from my RS4 build and my 335i build and lately I’ve been buying for my new c250 build.

Most often people who mod tend to look after each other and don’t sell junk but occasionally they pop up. Here is my latest purchase a burger motorsport intake with filter in used but great condition.

Apparently the filters works better with gaping holes in it....and the seller can’t see anything wrong with this..

To quote “There are holes on the intake filter, but this does not affect its functionality"

I’m yet to name and shame as I hope he can see the error of his ways and refunds the $$ I am asking

Worth a laugh
Attached Thumbnails sometimes you have to laugh.....-filter-holes.jpg  

Last edited by SPJ; 12-22-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:31 AM

C350 & R350
Glad you kept your sense of humour... I'd be peeved!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:53 AM
SPJ

TBA
absolutely ...

Name and shame coming up shortly..
Old 12-23-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250
Lol.... Those holes are for "Racing" brother! Everybody knows that....
Old 12-23-2014, 04:11 PM

C300 Sport
It will get more air flow with the holes as it is less restrictive.

Allen
Old 12-23-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250
the hole is specially designed and engineered to improve the oil cooling performance.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:39 PM
SPJ

TBA
Purchased from AllEyesOnMe - buyers beware
Old 12-23-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C Coupe
Hi Jamie Arnold,

Thanks for mentioning my name, and I'm glad you did.

This is going through PayPal right now, and I've agreed to issue buyer a refund after I receive the items back from him. This is also the PayPal way of doing things. Seller does not just refund the money and allow the buyer to keep the item at the same time.

I've also agreed to split the cost of a new filter 50/50 with Jamie, which he declined.

I don't see a reason to waste time with a buyer who 1.) neglects to ask for the condition of a used product prior to purchase, and 2.) is untruthful and provides false information.

1.) I never claimed the they are in "used but great condition." I said that for the tune you bought from me, NOT the intake. Jamie, please feel free to take screenshots of our conversation from PM

2.) I did say the intake still works, but I never said how well it would work. Filters need to be cleaned or changed out in the event it's too dirty to be cleaned completely. How often depends on your manual's recommendation. While it's dirty, it may affect the car to perform properly. If it's too dirty, the intake might even fail to perform its sole duty. At this point, do you say the intake is useless?

You didn't ask for the condition of any of my items before you bought it. I voluntarily told you the condition of the tune (other item you bought). That item I said is in [i]used but great condition[/b].

My response here is not to start an argument, but to shed some light to this matter. It is being handled by PayPal. I have better things to do than waste my time scamming you for a mere $75.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
By the looks of this thread...
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...ng-issues.html
The seller was fully aware of the rubbing issues. However, seeing as though he is only a 2 year leaser, I highly doubt he'd care.

Good luck with your exchange OP. I've been burned in the past before so I know what it feels like. Regardless, even if it didn't have holes in it, I still wouldn't trust anyone else's used filter.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:12 PM
SPJ

TBA
No Problem.

Peter Hsiao

Your right the holes are ok

Dont sell rubbish - end of story !!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by AllEyesOnMe
Hi Jamie Arnold,

I am a scammer, and want your mere $75, even though I said I wouldn't scam you

Okay, the first thing I have to say is you cannot be serious.

In this C250 Parting Out thread, you provide a picture of everything you have for sale but the Burger Tuning Intake...I wonder why?
https://mbworld.org/forums/californi...l-spacers.html

Then user "Onamission23" shows interests in the intake and asks for the current condition and pictures; you decide to reply:
No pics yet unless you want pics of it in the car. I'll have pics up this weekend when I take it off.

Pretty much "like new" condition since these stay protected in the engine bay...

So now, in this thread you decide to tell another lie:
1.) I never claimed the they are in "used but great condition." I said that for the tune you bought from me, NOT the intake. Jamie, please feel free to take screenshots of our conversation from PM
On another note, there is no need for a potential buyer(in this case an actual buyer) to ask for the current condition of an item that has already been specifically stated by the seller, in the for sale thread:
Pretty much "like new" condition since these stay protected in the engine bay...

Lastly, I cannot even address the imprudence and stupidity of this statement:
2.) I did say the intake still works, but I never said how well it would work.
The intake has holes that are clearly visible. Is that why you decided not to provide any pictures in your for sale thread?

Last edited by w204_Generic; 12-23-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:00 PM
SPJ

TBA
Nice one w204_Generic !!

You sir are a champion !!

Peter your lies and stupidity are catching up on you....
Old 12-23-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250
Originally Posted by w204_Generic
Okay, the first thing I have to say is you cannot be serious.

In this C250 Parting Out thread, you provide a picture of everything you have for sale but the Burger Tuning Intake...I wonder why?
https://mbworld.org/forums/californi...l-spacers.html

Then user "Onamission23" shows interests in the intake and asks for the current condition and pictures; you decide to reply:

So now, in this thread you decide to tell another lie:

On another note, there is no need for a potential buyer(in this case an actual buyer) to ask for the current condition of an item that has already been specifically stated by the seller, in the for sale thread:

Lastly, I cannot even address the imprudence and stupidity of this statement:

The intake has holes that are clearly visible. Is that why you decided not to provide any pictures in your for sale thread?
Owned "like new" told ya, that hole was engineered n designed previouspy lol.