C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Unique Style Racing (USR): SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE FREE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 3 Series
Talking Unique Style Racing (USR): SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE FREE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS

*SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE A FREE SET OF
LED DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS*

WE ARE LOOKING FOR ONE OWNER OF A 2008-2010 W204 Non-C63 / C Class Sport Package TO COME BY OUR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FACILITY TO TEST FIT.
**WE WILL INSTALL IT FOR YOU**
This limited promotion is available, because we are trying to create an installation guide

PLEASE PM OR EMAIL US IF INTERESTED & ASK FOR CHRIS TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT

*BASED ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS!

BRAND NEW SET OF BUMPER LED DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS (DRL)
W/ PLASTIC TRIM AS PHOTOS SHOW BELOW

Last edited by UniqueSRacing; 01-05-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW 3 Series
Bump!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E43
Too bad it ain't florida!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW 3 Series
Thanks for browsing!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 MB C350
still up for grabs? im in socal.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK230K ASP Pulley
Hey MBWorld,

My car was used for this promotion so I believe it is closed now The quality of these DRLs are awesome and way better than ones I got from eBay that I refused to install on my car. So I definitely recommend getting these once they are available from USR. They are super bright and well visible during the day. Anyway, they should be available from them soon and pictures of my vehicle with them on will be posted soon! Thanks USR for hooking it up! Chris is a super nice guy as well.

Brandon
Old 03-11-2015, 02:10 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
They look good but sold out on the site , any idea when they will come in? And shipping to Canada?
Old 03-11-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Do these require cutting or do they use the factory mounting points.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:26 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
Originally Posted by tgidave
Do these require cutting or do they use the factory mounting points.
They do require bumper cutting, but even the OEM ones do as well for reference.

I had mine cut at DTM Autobody in El Monte, CA. They did a real clean job and it looks totally like OEM after for a very reasonable price. The DRLs from USR (when available) have modified bolt points that fit right in and fit easy after cutting.

I'm sure USR will update soon with more information.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by sightless
Hey MBWorld,

My car was used for this promotion so I believe it is closed now The quality of these DRLs are awesome and way better than ones I got from eBay that I refused to install on my car. So I definitely recommend getting these once they are available from USR. They are super bright and well visible during the day. Anyway, they should be available from them soon and pictures of my vehicle with them on will be posted soon! Thanks USR for hooking it up! Chris is a super nice guy as well.

Brandon
How different is it from the ebay ones? Quality difference? So it's is based of the OEM ones then. They should've made a version that's just plug and play and does not require modifying the bumper. When it comes time to reselling your car, you would have to replace the bumper now to get the old one to fit.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:59 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
Originally Posted by aznmode
How different is it from the ebay ones? Quality difference? So it's is based of the OEM ones then. They should've made a version that's just plug and play and does not require modifying the bumper. When it comes time to reselling your car, you would have to replace the bumper now to get the old one to fit.
The one from eBay I got had to be returned... the LEDs were not nearly as bright when tested, nor was rear of the light housings as "waterproof?" (These have some black plastic sealing behind the LEDs). Wasn't very confident of them.

Not sure it would be exactly possible to have a good design without the bumper modification. the housing wouldn't look right and the grill pieces wouldn't look OEM in that case.

When I resell the car I would just resell it with the DRLs... I couldn't imagine the next buyer not wanting a "facelifted" look to the car instead of the fog lights. These look OEM for the most part so I'm not worried much.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
The one from eBay I got had to be returned... the LEDs were not nearly as bright when tested, nor was rear of the light housings as "waterproof?" (These have some black plastic sealing behind the LEDs). Wasn't very confident of them.

Not sure it would be exactly possible to have a good design without the bumper modification. the housing wouldn't look right and the grill pieces wouldn't look OEM in that case.

When I resell the car I would just resell it with the DRLs... I couldn't imagine the next buyer not wanting a "facelifted" look to the car instead of the fog lights. These look OEM for the most part so I'm not worried much.
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. Where does it plug in?

Also if I'm not mistaken, these will not function the same as on a FL w204. It requires a relay. It's supposed to be bright during daytime but once the headlights turn on they dim. So I guess it depends who is buying it or if the dealer you trade this in at will notice or if a potential buyer will be ok with that.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:59 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. Where does it plug in?

Also if I'm not mistaken, these will not function the same as on a FL w204. It requires a relay. It's supposed to be bright during daytime but once the headlights turn on they dim. So I guess it depends who is buying it or if the dealer you trade this in at will notice or if a potential buyer will be ok with that.
These plug in to the foglight harness so it runs when the foglights are turned on. I don't personally have an issue with it, in fact if treated as "foglights" these are much brighter than the foglights that came with the car so it is superior in that regard.

I could modify to turn on with the side markers and use DAS to turn off the fog lights down the road... but I kind of like it the way it is for now.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
These plug in to the foglight harness so it runs when the foglights are turned on. I don't personally have an issue with it, in fact if treated as "foglights" these are much brighter than the foglights that came with the car so it is superior in that regard.

I could modify to turn on with the side markers and use DAS to turn off the fog lights down the road... but I kind of like it the way it is for now.
Your way would have to have the head lights on as well? Not sure there's a way to turn on fogs by themselves. I would totally upgrade to this if there weren't such limitations.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:12 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
Your way would have to have the head lights on as well? Not sure there's a way to turn on fogs by themselves. I would totally upgrade to this if there weren't such limitations.
You could use one of these as well:
Amazon.com: LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) Automatic Control On/Off Switch Relay Harness: Automotive Amazon.com: LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) Automatic Control On/Off Switch Relay Harness: Automotive

This would make the mod easily reversible back to fog light only mode when you want to sell the car and remain a "OEM" setup. These still function better as "foglights" due to their brightness than the OEM round ones anyway. I don't mind just leaving headlights on and driving with fog light mode on for the time being. HID bulbs are cheap and last a long time anyway. Its safer to drive with both lights on anyway.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
You could use one of these as well: Amazon.com: LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) Automatic Control On/Off Switch Relay Harness: Automotive

This would make the mod easily reversible back to fog light only mode when you want to sell the car and remain a "OEM" setup. These still function better as "foglights" due to their brightness than the OEM round ones anyway. I don't mind just leaving headlights on and driving with fog light mode on for the time being. HID bulbs are cheap and last a long time anyway. Its safer to drive with both lights on anyway.
I think this relay on amazon is just an on/off relay and won't emulate the dim/bright function of the OEM DRL.

I love when I see these FL cars during the day time and all I see are the DRL being on. Having the head lights and eyelid on at the same time sort of defeats the purpose I think.

Which HID bulbs are you using? I've been looking for replacements 6000k for mine and they are expensive. I've read most of the cheaper ones don't last long as OEM so let me know which you know of. The ones I've read that are good and last long are Phillips and Mtec with the GE capsules but they are between $139-180.

Last edited by aznmode; 03-12-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:08 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
I think this relay on amazon is just an on/off relay and won't emulate the dim/bright function of the OEM DRL.

I love when I see these FL cars during the day time and all I see are the DRL being on. Having the head lights and eyelid on at the same time sort of defeats the purpose I think.

Which HID bulbs are you using? I've been looking for replacements 6000k for mine and they are expensive. I've read most of the cheaper ones don't last long as OEM so let me know which you know of. The ones I've read that are good and last long are Phillips and Mtec with the GE capsules but they are between $139-180.
Yes that won't emulate the dim/bright function. So it would be the sacrifice to make I guess, not a big deal for me. But with that relay you would at least have the DRL on all the time when the vehicle is on, without any other lights on.

I pick mine up from: http://www.hid-warehouse.com/

The quality is decent, and I always have a spare on hand. The last set of bulbs lasted 40k miles so they definitely can last awhile. At only $20 a set... its a good bargain. You can probably call him direct and he handles warranty issues quickly. But I am local, but his service has been stellar!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Yes that won't emulate the dim/bright function. So it would be the sacrifice to make I guess, not a big deal for me. But with that relay you would at least have the DRL on all the time when the vehicle is on, without any other lights on.

I pick mine up from: http://www.hid-warehouse.com/

The quality is decent, and I always have a spare on hand. The last set of bulbs lasted 40k miles so they definitely can last awhile. At only $20 a set... its a good bargain. You can probably call him direct and he handles warranty issues quickly. But I am local, but his service has been stellar!
Wow 40k miles? That's great! Would you say the light output is the same as the OEM?
Old 03-12-2015, 07:09 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
Wow 40k miles? That's great! Would you say the light output is the same as the OEM?
HID is about the same between all the brands. I've had MTEC's and such before. The projector is most important. Also my ballasts are 55 watt so they are much brighter than OEM. My SLK230 is wayyy better than my C350 due to me retrofitting an Infiniti projector in the housing (was $$, but Japanese projectors > German ones for some reason)... Look really good... will take a picture one day.

I gotta take pictures of the DRLs and Headlights on... its awesome!

Last edited by sightless; 03-12-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
HID is about the same between all the brands. I've had MTEC's and such before. The projector is most important. Also my ballasts are 55k so they are much brighter than OEM. My SLK230 is wayyy better than my C350 due to me retrofitting an Infiniti projector in the housing (was $$, but Japanese projectors > German ones for some reason)... Look really good... will take a picture one day.

I gotta take pictures of the DRLs and Headlights on... its awesome!
Thanks for your help. I've heard s2000 projectors are the best. I just need a 6000k to match my LED eyebrow that is just as bright as stock HID and that last long.

Update: It doesn't look like that site carries our stock D1S bulbs.

Last edited by aznmode; 03-12-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:08 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
Thanks for your help. I've heard s2000 projectors are the best. I just need a 6000k to match my LED eyebrow that is just as bright as stock HID and that last long.

Update: It doesn't look like that site carries our stock D1S bulbs.
I'm sure they have D1S as that is what I got, but they D1S varieties are more expensive. Give them a call: 626-386-8012. They probably don't list on site since its not something super popular. Yes I got the FX series projectors since the lense is HUGE compared to S2K... fits the big headlight of the SLK more.

Pics to come...
Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
I'm sure they have D1S as that is what I got, but they D1S varieties are more expensive. Give them a call: 626-386-8012. They probably don't list on site since its not something super popular. Yes I got the FX series projectors since the lense is HUGE compared to S2K... fits the big headlight of the SLK more.

Pics to come...
I will give them a call. Thanks. But 1 last question. Which brand did you get so I can ask for the same.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:32 PM

SLK230K ASP Pulley
I will give them a call. Thanks. But 1 last question. Which brand did you get so I can ask for the same.
Im pretty sure they carry all the same brand. Don't think they carry anyone elses as its their own I believe.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Im pretty sure they carry all the same brand. Don't think they carry anyone elses as its their own I believe.
Gotcha thank you.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW 3 Series
Thanks for the support!