C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

FRONT Camber Kit w204 c350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c350 sport RWD
FRONT Camber Kit w204 c350

Hello MBWorld,

I'm having a hard time locate a FRONT camber kit for my 2008 c350 sport RWD. I need a way to adjust my camber to be around between around NEGATIVE 2 to 3 degrees. Would anyone be able to provide any insight on where I could find the parts to adjust the front camber in my car to be negative?

The reason I need negative camber is because I'm running BC coilover with 30 offset 18x9.5 wheels on a squared set up and I currently cant clear my fenders in the front with how low I want it.

A couple more questions I have are:
Are the stock bolts able to go to negative 2 degrees camber?
What is the range of camber the stock bolts have?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2016, 01:53 PM

2008 c350 sport RWD
bump :c
Old 06-19-2016, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 C300
I dont believe youll get -2 degrees from the stock bolts. There arent many front camber option for the w204, unfortunately. Even if you see ingalls camber bolts for the w204 on ebay, dont buy them. they wont work.

Renntech makes some camber bushings you can buy, but theyre like $1200 and a ***** to install. K-mac has some bushings too, theyre like $500 but i highly doubt they will get your anywhere near -2 degrees.

I have about -6 degrees in the front when im aired out to accommodate my wheels. they are 9.5" wide with a +20 offset. I relocated where the hub mounts to the strut on top and machined an angle where the two lower bolts mount. It was alot of work and as far as i know, I'm the only one who's done it. I got a rough-angle from the machine work to the hub then fine tuned it with my adjustable top mount on the air strut.

I looked for front camber kits for a long time for the w204. No such luck. Its funny because I get PM's and DMs all the time from people with w204s asking how i got my front camber. There's just no easy way with these cars.

You might be able to fit an adjustable top mount from a different coilover to the top of yours and make it fit to your strut tower. It would be some work though.

This picture is a while back, but I still had the same camber.

Last edited by Dizm; 06-19-2016 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:10 PM

2008 c350 sport RWD
Originally Posted by Dizm
I dont believe youll get -2 degrees from the stock bolts. There arent many front camber option for the w204, unfortunately. Even if you see ingalls camber bolts for the w204 on ebay, dont buy them. they wont work.

Renntech makes some camber bushings you can buy, but theyre like $1200 and a ***** to install. K-mac has some bushings too, theyre like $500 but i highly doubt they will get your anywhere near -2 degrees.

I have about -6 degrees in the front when im aired out to accommodate my wheels. they are 9.5" wide with a +20 offset. I relocated where the hub mounts to the strut on top and machined an angle where the two lower bolts mount. It was alot of work and as far as i know, I'm the only one who's done it. I got a rough-angle from the machine work to the hub then fine tuned it with my adjustable top mount on the air strut.

I looked for front camber kits for a long time for the w204. No such luck. Its funny because I get PM's and DMs all the time from people with w204s asking how i got my front camber. There's just no easy way with these cars.

You might be able to fit an adjustable top mount from a different coilover to the top of yours and make it fit to your strut tower. It would be some work though.

This picture is a while back, but I still had the same camber.
Thanks for the reply! Looks like I'm going to be stretching and pulling the fender out as far as possible then lol. Your fitment is what I'm going for but static, but obviously a bit higher in the front so i can still turn without running over my own car.

If anyone reads this that can fabricate something then I'd be willing to pay the price!
Old 06-19-2016, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 C300
Like i said, you could get universal adjustable camber top hats. Alot of them have no bolts/hole for mounting to the strut tower. So you put the up under your strut towers, mark the holes, drill them, and buy some grade 8 bolts/nuts to mount them. Then put them on your coilovers and youd have camber adjustable coils overs.

They look similar to these.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:04 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Top Strut Mounts & Bushings to suit most Mercedes models

K-MAC MANUFACTURES SIMPLE / REPLACEMENT (NO MODIFICATIONS) TOP STRUT MOUNTS TO SUIT VIRTUALLY ALL MERCEDES MODELS WITH COIL SPRING SUSPENSION.

W204, X204 (incl. Black Series) C207, A207. P/N: 503016-2 (Street/Race) $545 pair, P/N: 503016-3 (Full Race) $545 pair

CHECKLIST RE FEATURES:

1. Not soft billet alloy but highest aircraft 7075 grade aluminum.

2. Stage 2 (Street/Race) - Centers similar to OEM but elastomer not rubber for quicker response times.

3. Stage 3 (Full Race) - Massive Extra H/Duty self align spherical bearings (twice the normal size) self lubed PTFE lined.

4. Both Stage 2 and 3 centers are replaceable for virtual lifetime usage.

5. No height increase (and minimum stack height if coil overs fitted).

6. Separate Camber and Caster adjustment.

7. Patented design provides the biggest adjustment range and easiest to adjust/change settings.

8. Can adjust with strut brace fitted.

9. Adjust from engine bay (accurately under load).

10. Fit with factory diameter springs or all 60 to 70mm I.D. coil overs.

11. Importantly includes separate H/Duty radial thrust bearings for steering loads/prevent spring drag/binding.

K-MAC has the experience of manufacturing adjuster kits longer than any other company with the world's largest range Audi to Volvo.

Also manufacture the 4 highest wearing front suspension bushings for the W204. At the same time they supply "precise" Camber adjustment (up to 4 times that of the one position fluted bolts) and Caster adjustment to accurately resolve steering pull. These patented design front bushings allow 2 axis movement without the OEM air voids. Result is improved brake and steering response. P/N: 502616K $480

FOR THE REAR (TOE ONLY ADJUSTMENT OEM). We manufacture replacement lower inner arm bushings that provide precise Camber adjustment (includes bush extraction tools so bushings can be replaced on vehicle).

Advantage of the K-MAC design is that unlike upper "Camber Arms" that need to reduce all important clearance "top of tire to outer fender", K-MAC adjusts the lower arm inwards (or if wanting "extra negative" Camber adjustment bottom of tire outwards/increases track width).
Rear kit includes extra Toe adjustment to compensate for the new Camber facility. P/N: 502226K $480

The K-MAC patented design breakthrough of precise single wrench adjustment of all bushings on car, accurately (under load - direct on alignment rack) means no more need to labor intensively remove bushings each time an adjustment is made.

Also for the rear, a complete set of 10 bushings to replace all the multi link suspension arm mounts. Eliminating the soft rubber OEM bushings and accurately locating rear suspension against unwanted flex to get power/traction to the ground and tauter handling response. P/N: 502628 K $480

Unlike unforgiving short life delrin bushes that soon pound out, these K-MAC bushes incorporate all the proven features needed to extend bush life.
- Maximum diameter, but lightweight alloy casings with bonded elastomer bushings to contain side loads and large load bearing nickel chromed steel inners - What you would expect from a company with over 50 years in bush technology.

MB World member delivery USA/Canada $30 one kit or $40 front and rear kits.

P/N: 503016-2/3

P/N: 502226K/502616K

P/N: 502628K

Old 11-22-2016, 02:26 AM

2008 w204
front camber

i'm really late on this but i figured a way to get more camber out of the fronts.
not many people would do this to a mercedes but it is really popular in the 240 scene.
im running -6 in the front to match my rear camber at -7.
here it goes:
-redrilled the top mounting hole for the coils a tad bit more closer to each other toward the motor. so basically moved everything over about an inch.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:24 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C300, 93tt RX7, 88RX7 Vet, 83RX7
See post here

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ls-x-w204.html
Old 06-12-2021, 08:26 PM

w204 c180 facelift
[QUOTE=Crissw204
here it goes:
-redrilled the top mounting hole for the coils a tad bit more closer to each other toward the motor. so basically moved everything.

HEY BRO, when you speak of coil overs, are you speaking about the stock coils or aftermarket? I lowered mine by working on my oem coil setup. Can I do the same and redrill the mounting holes of my oem coil to negatively camber my 204 a little?

Old 06-15-2021, 10:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Originally Posted by vishal_w204
HEY BRO, when you speak of coil overs, are you speaking about the stock coils or aftermarket? I lowered mine by working on my oem coil setup. Can I do the same and redrill the mounting holes of my oem coil to negatively camber my 204 a little?
When you're asking a question of someone that made a post 5-1/2 years ago, click on their username, then click "View User Profile". In the case of Crissw204, you'll see "Last Activity: 11-22-2016 02:27 AM". They haven't logged into this forum in the 5-1/2 years since they made that post you quoted, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they're not going to respond to your question.

Now, moving on from that bit of "How Do Internet Forums Work" information...

As to your questions, looking at Crissw204's picture, it's pretty clear that car is not on a stock suspension. As for whether you can redrill the top mounting holes with your OEM coilover, you'll need to look inside the strut tower and see how much clearance there is. Aftermarket coilovers use smaller diameter springs than the OEM coilovers, which would give more room to work with.