C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Hello, Jess here : ) need help on built in sat nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class c
Hello, Jess here : ) need help on built in sat nav

Hello everyone, I'm new and joined up to see if anyone can help me out and to follow everyone after I make my purchase, hopefully on a C180 1.6 BlueEFF Executive SE (2013)

I wondered if any of you could please explain and point me in the right direction of installing a sat nav built in? The dealership have said this vehicle has a CD player / colour display screen but no built in sat nav - but it can be installed apparently. Is this via software or do I need to actually remove this current set up and replace with a sat nav? (Is it doable on specific model and rough price please)

Thanks

jess.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W204 forum...
Old 05-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C350 CDI
We would probably need a bit more information and I'm afraid that I cannot answer your question directly but...

Retro-fitting anything to a Mercedes seems to be very expensive. For example, on a W204 with the COMAND unit but no reversing camera, it costs £400 before fitting just for a little camera and a few metres of wire.

I have only had my C350 CDI for a week (which comes with satnav) and I'm already looking for ways to use my phone and Google Maps. My experience with the MB satnav is that it's mediocre at best. It's hard to programme (compared to saying "OK, Google. Directions to York train station" for example), the maps are not very current and it's expensive to update them and the route finding is poor.

If I were you, I would abandon any idea of doing this and get a decent mount for your phone and use Google Maps. You will get a much better satnav with up to the minute traffic information and it will cost very little.

The only good thing I can think of about the MB satnav is that it's built in to some cars already and is neat. Everything else about it is unimpressive.
The following users liked this post:
herbert68 (05-02-2017)