C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

If there was ONE thing you change with your W204, what would it be?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 201 Posts
A car
Originally Posted by Just204
LMAO.... actually, my wife tried getting me to watch it as a joke but I heard about it before and realized it quickly. That is just wrong lol.

Well.... since you did just ask....
Uhm, idk.... but not much really.. whatever seems interesting. Car stuff, alternative news, random YouTube vids of stupid people so I get my sh*ts n giggles in. but I like technical stuff and think of ways I can use it to make money cuz I'm poor right now
Now now...keep things in perspective. You still do have a W204, so you can't be THAT poor.

I would hope a dose of Top Gear or the Grand Tour is in that line up. What you do with your adult time is your own business (or I guess, in your case, your wife's business too)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:52 PM

Received 71 Likes on 69 Posts
Mercedes w204 4matic sport
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Now now...keep things in perspective. You still do have a W204, so you can't be THAT poor.

I would hope a dose of Top Gear or the Grand Tour is in that line up. What you do with your adult time is your own business (or I guess, in your case, your wife's business too)
I wasn't poor when I bought it, i was making good money till the beginning of the year cuz I got F'd.... I'm lucky I'm getting help from family because I'd lose everything, and I got 2 lil kids.... finding a job that's good these days is a pain but I got friends that are helping on that but it's gunna be hard for a while.. but I gotta keep my humor at least😉

If u mean the real top gear hell yah.... I'd watch grand tour but don't have access to it.

Ahem....
Old 06-23-2017, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by Just204
I wasn't poor when I bought it, i was making good money till the beginning of the year cuz I got F'd.... I'm lucky I'm getting help from family because I'd lose everything, and I got 2 lil kids.... finding a job that's good these days is a pain but I got friends that are helping on that but it's gunna be hard for a while.. but I gotta keep my humor at least😉

If u mean the real top gear hell yah.... I'd watch grand tour but don't have access to it.

Ahem....
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I didn't know you had kids either, thankfully mine have the swimming ability of well...a dead whale, so thank gosh.

Good on you for keeping your humor. I don't know you well of course, but you have kids, a wife and thus a family, so at the end of the day, count yourself a lucky man

I'm going through a divorce myself. I've had better days, but as they say, tomorrow the sun will rise, whether or not we like it. Keep your head up high and count the good stuff going on in your life. It's huge (to me) that you have family helping you out. My family is estranged in my life so I don't even know what life is like when family can back you up. You have an awesome attitude - definite huge kudos for you.

Yeah, Real Top Gear is the only TG that matters. As far as Grand Tour goes, not sure if you followed another thread where we talked about getting access to Amazon Prime for $39/year as an alumni. There are other options too, of course
Old 06-23-2017, 11:24 PM

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I didn't know you had kids either, thankfully mine have the swimming ability of well...a dead whale, so thank gosh.

Good on you for keeping your humor. I don't know you well of course, but you have kids, a wife and thus a family, so at the end of the day, count yourself a lucky man

I'm going through a divorce myself. I've had better days, but as they say, tomorrow the sun will rise, whether or not we like it. Keep your head up high and count the good stuff going on in your life. It's huge (to me) that you have family helping you out. My family is estranged in my life so I don't even know what life is like when family can back you up. You have an awesome attitude - definite huge kudos for you.

Yeah, Real Top Gear is the only TG that matters. As far as Grand Tour goes, not sure if you followed another thread where we talked about getting access to Amazon Prime for $39/year as an alumni. There are other options too, of course
Mine are real young, but amazing and I love them. I learned in life over many years (and I'm fairly young)how crappy things can get and I'm lucky for many reasons.... I get down, but I always get back up and better then before.

damn... now this thread turned into like a confessional lmao. Your threads seem to go like this a lot lmfao.... your threads are bi-polar....

Too bad we'll probably never meet, I could see u as a friend.

Ok, now back to d*cks and MB Tex seats.....
The following users liked this post:
superangrypenguin (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by xEryx
You can buy it OEM and replace the handle. It is an Euro option.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Sunglass...lWi8xg&vxp=mtr
OMG SOLD! Now I can finally free up some space on my center console.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Good thing we don't have bowlers on here.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 4matic
Mine came without rear view camera and nav. I would love to install that.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C220 CDI SLK 200
Originally Posted by Alfadude
ANNUAL replacement? If that is true that must be something you are doing to the seat. I could see if your seat ripped or split at the seam one time, but for it to need to be replaced yearly that can't be a Mercedes issue, otherwise there would be tons of posts on here daily about that.
The drivers seat tore 12 months after I bought the car MB fixed that
18 months later just out of warranty it tore again
Went to MB and complained but they would not replace it. Said a new seat cover 920 bux + labour of $250
I went to a wrecker and sourced a complete leather interior for $1100
5 years later the new interior did not show any signs of distress
Old 06-25-2017, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
The drivers seat tore 12 months after I bought the car MB fixed that
18 months later just out of warranty it tore again
Went to MB and complained but they would not replace it. Said a new seat cover 920 bux + labour of $250
I went to a wrecker and sourced a complete leather interior for $1100
5 years later the new interior did not show any signs of distress
I mean this respectfully, but are you overweight? I know of one person who is pushing north of 200 pounds that runs into this issue in MB cars that are smaller (E.g. the C class).
Old 06-26-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
....I'm wondering what context of "Big Daddy" is being missed here.........................

(just - inoffensively - wondering.................)

ez
Old 06-27-2017, 12:21 AM

C220 CDI SLK 200
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
get your d*ck out of the seat it will work better.

My car's mb-tex looks brand new.
For your information I do not stick it into the seat
Old 06-27-2017, 12:24 AM

C220 CDI SLK 200
I mean this respectfully, but are you overweight? I know of one person who is pushing north of 200 pounds that runs into this issue in MB cars that are smaller (E.g. the C class).
My wife was the main driver of the car
But I do weigh 185 pounds
My wife is 100 pounds
But I did average 30,000 miles a year in the car.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:28 AM

C220 CDI SLK 200
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-cracking.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-question.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ble-mbtex.html
And the beat goes on, here is the list of all the entries on this problem
https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=19024663

Last edited by Big Daddy; 06-27-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:43 AM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
It's also if you keep anything in your back pocket... I tore mine sitting down with a set of keys in my pocket.

It's really an issue with the perforated material being stitched there. The perforations weaken it, it's only a matter of time before it separates. Very annoying. Ironically the wrecked car I was supposed to get a replacement seat cover from had the exact same issue
Old 06-27-2017, 10:55 AM

C220 CDI SLK 200
Originally Posted by Funkwagen
It's also if you keep anything in your back pocket... I tore mine sitting down with a set of keys in my pocket.
The leather in MB cars do not have an issue. It is only MB TEX a very nasty cheap product. For decades MB put leather chairs in their rides with no problem. Then to save money they produced and installed a nast manky product with a short lifespan, Sheeit my BMW is 25 years old 350,000ks on the clock and the seats look like they were installed yesterday. If sitting on a set of keys destroys a supposedly luxury car seat then they have gone retrograde with product design.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Big Daddy, Mercedes has been using MB Tex for years . It is not a new product. I have had Several Mercedes with it and my Father years ago had a Mercedes with it and it held up extremely well. One of recent Benzes had a Beige interior/Tex and I had it 8 years and it looked like new when I traded it in.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:35 AM

C220 CDI SLK 200
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
Big Daddy, Mercedes has been using MB Tex for years . It is not a new product. I have had Several Mercedes with it and my Father years ago had a Mercedes with it and it held up extremely well. One of recent Benzes had a Beige interior/Tex and I had it 8 years and it looked like new when I traded it in.
You were lucky
I was extremely lucky with my W204 when it was written off by a 100 tonne crane rear ending it after 8 years ownership
An eight year ownership ended with the insurance company paying out 2/3rds the price I paid for it.
Went and bought another BMW. I know I am a masochist
Old 06-27-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big Daddy
If sitting on a set of keys destroys a supposedly luxury car seat then they have gone retrograde with product design.
Thats one of my biggest fears because I carry a ton of keys on my side on a carabiner, scared of doing that getting out of the car. But a lot of cars are like that nowadays to save money so theres money for useless features.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
This.

I admit my phone is in a holster on my belt, and my wallet is in one pocket, and my keys are in the other (nothing in my back pocket), but still, it has lasted extremely well. I have maybe 1 crease, or two on the side bolster where ones butt slides over when getting in the car, but that's it. I lexol it twice a year...and also, that's it.

This fake crappy leather has lasted better than the Nappa leather on my mom's S class.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:40 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2009 MB C300 Sport & 2017 Lexus GS350 F-Sport
To change the direction of this thread...I wish my C300 had a faster automatic transmission; currently, it takes an eternity for it to downshift on its own. It feels like the worlds worst turbo lag on a NA engine.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by dchar
To change the direction of this thread...I wish my C300 had a faster automatic transmission; currently, it takes an eternity for it to downshift on its own. It feels like the worlds worst turbo lag on a NA engine.
Agreed.

Wait, Turbo lag? Do you have the M273? My M272 is naturally aspirated and doesn't have a turbo.

I agree on the auto tranny though. My grandma can shift faster than that, and she's dead
Old 06-27-2017, 10:13 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2009 MB C300 Sport & 2017 Lexus GS350 F-Sport
Agreed.

Wait, Turbo lag? Do you have the M273? My M272 is naturally aspirated and doesn't have a turbo.

I agree on the auto tranny though. My grandma can shift faster than that, and she's dead
No turbo...I said "feels like" because that's what it remind me of due to how long it takes, but when it finally does downshift, the car pulls decently. My car even takes a few seconds to shift from D to R, which is usually almost instant in other cars.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A car
Originally Posted by dchar
No turbo...I said "feels like" because that's what it remind me of due to how long it takes, but when it finally does downshift, the car pulls decently. My car even takes a few seconds to shift from D to R, which is usually almost instant in other cars.
Buddy of mine had a RS4 for a total of 1 year before he kicked the can on that (DI/carbon issues like my B7 crappy A4). Same sort of lag was felt for downshifting D to R.

The main difference though with the Audis (both my crappy A4 and the RS4), was that when the tranny did downshift, the engine would pull happily until redline because they were both turbocharged. The W204 C300 pulls well once it does a double downshift, but then it dies off power wise from 5500 rpm until redline. It's sad, really.

I don't feel that the tranny is any better or worse than other cars I've owned though. The B7 A4 couldn't downshift two gears (from what I remember- please don't crucify me if I'm wrong). I do appreciate the W204 for being able to do so. (kickdown pedal)
Old 07-05-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by edgalang
OMG SOLD! Now I can finally free up some space on my center console.

OK I just installed the holder. And while can't fit my MauiJim wrap arounds, I'm sure it can fit prescription reading glasses. In the meantime, it'll hold my trusty tire gauge.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
1992 MB 190E, 2016 MB C300
One main desired fix/change. The dreaded ignition switch problem.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If there was ONE thing you change with your W204, what would it be?