C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C250 Fuel problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black CLA250 4Matic
I was told mid-march, concerning that you haven't seen yours ship and you've been waiting about a month longer. I'm considering going in and seeing if they'll repurchase the car back from me, unacceptable to sell me a car with a bad fuel pump and have wait 3+ (maybe) months to replace it.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:17 AM

Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
Progress

I’m currently having the exact same problem and getting nowhere where with MB Austin. Service advisor had a part that was shipped in 3 weeks after I dropped my vehicle off and “it’ll be ready in 2 days”. Contacts me next day to say they were having “issues & the part received was used and not sure how it happened but back in line waiting on new part.” It’s exactly 1 month now and they can’t provide an estimate when it’ll be in. This is extremely frustrating. Has anyone gotten this issue actually resolved??
Old 02-27-2018, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C250 SPORT
Originally Posted by bullcharles1
I was told mid-march, concerning that you haven't seen yours ship and you've been waiting about a month longer. I'm considering going in and seeing if they'll repurchase the car back from me, unacceptable to sell me a car with a bad fuel pump and have wait 3+ (maybe) months to replace it.
I inquired about trading it in after I heard how long it would take to fix and they seemed to suggest they were being very generous with their offer of $17K. I'm sure they can still hear echoes of my laughter throughout the dealership.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:18 PM

Black CLA250 4Matic
In my case, I purchased the car Jan 13th, and the service engine light came, car went into limp mode during the drive home. The next day it went back to the dealer where it has been ever since, maybe I'll have more leeway? Not sure, this is my first experience with Mercedes vehicles/dealers not overly impressed to say the least.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:25 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
It just blows my mind that apparently nowhere on this planet can a part be found to fix this ongoing issue. Like come on, from one of the biggest brands/dealers on the planet in the USA in 2018??? And they just all of a sudden don’t have parts for cars that’re only 3-4 years old?!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:06 AM

Black CLA250 4Matic
Is this a pretty standard practice for Mercedes? I realize probably only people with a c250 and a fuel pump problem are going to check this thread out., but has anyone else experienced this with other mercedes models/parts?
Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
I’m not sure about anyone else but It’s a very frustrating and disappointing experience for mysefl especially since I’m a first time Mercedes customer and this is my first vehicle I’ve ever purchased
Old 03-01-2018, 08:54 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by USA 61
Turns out the high pressure fuel pump on my C250 is on backorder with mercedes USA and could take 3 months to replace the pump.

Car is under warranty and very frustrated.

Anyone else been told this?
yes this has been my exact situation. Dropped the car off feb 1st and still waiting. Noticed you posted around Xmas. Did you ever get your issue resolved? If so, how is the car doing after repair?
Old 03-10-2018, 08:21 AM

Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
Anyone have any luck with the HPFP actually being delivered to the dealer yet?
Finally after 6ish weeks of waiting MB Austin got this resolved. The car runs great now. Maybe even better. An entire batch was shipped in for 7 cars here. Hope you got your issue taken care of.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:34 AM

Black CLA250 4Matic
Currently sitting at 8 weeks here. Called yesterday, still no idea when the part may come in, said possibly the end of the the month. But I've been told a few days, then a week, then a couple weeks, then two months, now saying at least three more weeks. Since in my case this is for a car I purchased from Mercedes and the pump died that same day, I am going in today to discuss either repurchase or trade for a vehincle that actually works, we'll see.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:31 PM

Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
Currently sitting at 8 weeks here. Called yesterday, still no idea when the part may come in, said possibly the end of the the month. But I've been told a few days, then a week, then a couple weeks, then two months, now saying at least three more weeks. Since in my case this is for a car I purchased from Mercedes and the pump died that same day, I am going in today to discuss either repurchase or trade for a vehincle that actually works, we'll see.
if they won’t help you maybe consider contacting an attorney. You could have a lemon on your hands. Worth a shot. Best of luck. Hopefully you can get it resolved.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:25 PM

Black CLA250 4Matic
So the sales manager offered me full reimbursement (price paid plus docking fees) etc against another car or $3500 less than I paid in cash. I chose to take the money against a trade and got a 2014 CLA 250 4Matic with 20k miles. The interior definitely is a step down from the C class but the body lines look very nice imo. So I guess I'll need to mosey on to another section of this forum. I appreciate everyone else's perspective dealing the the HPFP issue!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C250 SPORT
finally got mine back over the weekend, exactly 3 months to the day it was put into the shop. put in almost 12 hours of driving that day but well worth it to have my car home.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:34 PM

C250 (2014)
It's nice to see that some high pressure fuel pumps are shipping to the dealers. I have been waiting since about December 15th. Hopefully mine will be next.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 147 Likes on 135 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
It seems these pumps are failing at such an alarming rate that production cannot keep up with the demand? Fuel pumps running out of supply. WTH!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:05 PM

C250 (2014)
Originally Posted by xsever
It seems these pumps are failing at such an alarming rate that production cannot keep up with the demand? Fuel pumps running out of supply. WTH!
I was told that the fuel pump shortage stems from the fact that Mercedes is unable to keep up with the demand for new "C" Class cars in Malaysia.

BTW, I was also told that my fuel pump arrived today and my vehicle will be ready tomorrow. Perhaps they are reading this forum!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 994 Likes on 766 Posts
2003 CL 600
Mercedes is not the builder of the fuel pumps, when the supply is not there, there's nothing they can do.
I have a feeling the same company is producing the pumps for the 270/274 engine which is in current production, and they will not let them stop building new motors to build parts for old motors, so they are letting the 271 pumps sit on backorder until they get enough stockpile on the new ones. Strictly a personal theory, they may be from a different company, I don't know.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Mercedes is not the builder of the fuel pumps, when the supply is not there, there's nothing they can do.
I have a feeling the same company is producing the pumps for the 270/274 engine which is in current production, and they will not let them stop building new motors to build parts for old motors, so they are letting the 271 pumps sit on backorder until they get enough stockpile on the new ones. Strictly a personal theory, they may be from a different company, I don't know.
Any idea who the OEM for the pump is? Is their plant in Germany or elsewhere?
Old 04-26-2018, 10:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 benz c250
Originally Posted by floobydust2
My daughter has a 2013 C250 Sedan. She recently started getting some P0002 codes and the car basically looses power. I've looked at freeze frame data and throttle position is around 87%, RPM ~4400, vehicle speed showing 62MPH. The odd thing is the fuel pressure is showing at 1191 PSI. It's happened a few times now, so it's a concern.
I decided to do some tests on my 2014 C250 sedan... using a Kiwi3 and DashCmd. I setup a fuel pressure reading gauge. Oddly it fluctuates from under 700PSI to over 2000PSI depending on operating conditions. I'm not sure if this is realistic or perhaps a scaling error for the generic OBD-II codes. Any clues on this one?
As the error only happens when she's accelerating more briskly, I'm leaning towards a fuel flow delivery problem, possibly the fuel filter. The car has close to 75K miles, but as she travels a fair amount, she has to stop for fuel in various places around the state, so it's possible she's gotten some dirty fuel.
I've scanned multiple parts sources but none list a fuel filter for the C250. Is it possible this is integrated into the fuel pump assembly in the tank? I intend to replace the filter and check the tank for any debris in the bottom... but prefer to have a new filter in hand before pulling the rear seat and digging into it. Any help/insight would be helpful.
Regards, KM

I have the same car a 2013 C250 and had the same problem .FORTUNATELY.. I bought the extended warranty because my car had the same symptom your daughter's is having and it turned out to be the high pressure fuel pump which is attached to the fuel injector rail and engine. This is an expensive part and UNFORTUNATELY, it's on back order from Germany and the entire United States there is only 4 left in stock which MB headquarters is hoarding them for those they deem most urgent. The dealership had my car for 3 months just having my car sit in their lot while they wait for the part to get released from HQ. Once I put in the request to have my car payments reimbursed for the time they held my car, that's when HQ approved the release of the part needed.
I know all this due to I have a friend who is the Supervisor of Customer Service who works on a MB dealership and was able to be told all the inside workings.
He even told me that our car has this known issue with this part. And is why the part is on back order from Germany.

So hopefully you have extended warranty on the car and I'd suggest not to drive the car while it's acting this way because you could get stranded while out and about. This was why the dealership held on to my car and gave me a free new loaner car.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by bbbbbbb
I have the same car a 2013 C250 and had the same problem .FORTUNATELY.. I bought the extended warranty because my car had the same symptom your daughter's is having and it turned out to be the high pressure fuel pump which is attached to the fuel injector rail and engine. This is an expensive part and UNFORTUNATELY, it's on back order from Germany and the entire United States there is only 4 left in stock which MB headquarters is hoarding them for those they deem most urgent. The dealership had my car for 3 months just having my car sit in their lot while they wait for the part to get released from HQ. Once I put in the request to have my car payments reimbursed for the time they held my car, that's when HQ approved the release of the part needed.
I know all this due to I have a friend who is the Supervisor of Customer Service who works on a MB dealership and was able to be told all the inside workings.
He even told me that our car has this known issue with this part. And is why the part is on back order from Germany.

So hopefully you have extended warranty on the car and I'd suggest not to drive the car while it's acting this way because you could get stranded while out and about. This was why the dealership held on to my car and gave me a free new loaner car.
Thanks a lot for sharing all this info. Another testimony why I'm staying away from Direct Injection engines from that time period. You've been without your car for 3 months because they don't have enough parts since obviously these things are failing like hot cakes. Not the Mercedes Benz I like to be proud of.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:07 PM

'14 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by xsever
Thanks a lot for sharing all this info. Another testimony why I'm staying away from Direct Injection engines from that time period. You've been without your car for 3 months because they don't have enough parts since obviously these things are failing like hot cakes. Not the Mercedes Benz I like to be proud of.
I have 2014 with 35k. Experienced throttle problem on highway and had to coast to next exit. CEL came on and found P0002 error.
Took 3 days for the MB service tech to diagnose the problem and it turned out to be HPFP issue.
Hopefully, they can get the part sooner than later.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by newdrive

I have 2014 with 35k. Experienced throttle problem on highway and had to coast to next exit. CEL came on and found P0002 error.
Took 3 days for the MB service tech to diagnose the problem and it turned out to be HPFP issue.
HPFP failure after 4 years/35k miles? What is it made out of? Cardboard?

How the hell are they getting away with this? Why hasn't there been a recall for this pump yet if it's failing this soon and at this rate. We only hear about it here from people who have forum accounts and post about it. God knows what's happening out there with non-forum users.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 benz c250
Originally Posted by newdrive

Actually it's not that this part fails frequently, they only have a small inventory through out the world and very limited in the US, especially, this was why it took so long. MBUSA, didnt want to release the parts in inventory due to limited part inventory.

Well the one thing positive that came from this was that MBUSA, reimbursed me 3 months of car payments for being without my car. They do this when a customer doesnt have their car returned to them for over a month or more. That is if you have car payments still.

B.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I'm going to have to ROAST mercedes for the M271EVO and the C250 in general.

Here is my story and my experience with the car so far.

I have a 2012 C250 and i am also a mechanic with 10 years experience. I love my car, but its a big piece of ****. Mercedes doesn't design cars to last anymore. Everything is plastic.

I am at 85Kkm and bought the car at 40Km

Somehow, my driveshaft hanger bearing went at like 50k, and i changed it myself since i'm a tech. You could hear a very loud bearing noise when accelerating

My valve cover gasket is starting leaking now, i can see my ignition coil is getting wet, as i got a misfire code the other day ( remember i'm at 85k)
My thermostat gasket is starting to leak, i can see dried up coolant all around it, and same with a plastic coolant pipe near the reservoir ( again, cheap **** parts )
My engine mounts are TOAST, i can feel vibration on idle and shaking when shifting and torqey acceleration ( basically doesnt feel like one piece anymore )

And here is the best part, which is why THE CHAINS FAIL. Which is what nobody has mentioned yet.

The vacuum hose underneath the intake, that routes PCV gases from the crank case to your intake.

Mine was not only blocked, causing the gases and fuel vapours to REMAIN in the crankcase mixed with OIL, but it also had a hole in the vacuum tube itself, near the intake side, causing about 15% loss of power and and boost. So basically with a blocked PCV, you have extra gas that's running down your cylinder walls, mixing with your engine oil that is supposed to lubricate your chain. Gas eats the oils lubricating properties, and your chain slowly grinds away.

During those few weeks that i drove, not knowing why my car feels slow, i noticed more CHAIN RATTLE during start ups. I was determinted to find this issue and believe it was a boost leak. I took my air filter housing off, and looked through a opening in the intake manifold, and saw a tube, that was covered in oil. So I knew oil was coming from somewhere and i saw also a small tiny pinhole in the vacuum tube itself, confirming where my boost leak is coming from. Once i took out the vacuum tube, i tried shaking it, to hear if the PCV valve is moving inside.. Nope, it was stuck...

As soon as i fixed this vacuum tube, which was also something like $170 CDN for a piece of plastic tube and a valve , and did my oil change, my car doesn't have a rattle anymore, and got my full boost back.. So hopefully my chain will not have this issue, unless i already damaged it a bit.

Really that's the straw that will break everything if this happens. You reading this Mercedes? I'm exposing your piece of **** garbage , that i drive myself and love. Start making quality products again, stop producing ****! Im buying an Audi next time even though i hate them more as a tech lol!

Yeah, MAJOR design flaw.

No check engine lights for any of those.

You can have a huge boost leak and no check engine light, due to the MAP sensor design.
We don't have a MASS airflow sensor, which is more precise, and expensive sensor that measures air ( another mercedes cut back )

Our map sensor adjusts, even with a air leak, by dumping more fuel, causing you to not notice any vibrations or rough running

a MASS airflow sensor, will violently shake the car and stall, and throw codes, letting you know that you have a problem.

You all could be driving ticking timebombs with your c250's right now if you have no clue about mechanics and cars

The car is trash for reliability.
The following users liked this post:
ginadiane (09-04-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250 coupe
Originally Posted by sranjesuper
I'm going to have to ROAST mercedes for the M271EVO and the C250 in general.

Here is my story and my experience with the car so far.

I have a 2012 C250 and i am also a mechanic with 10 years experience. I love my car, but its a big piece of ****. Mercedes doesn't design cars to last anymore. Everything is plastic.

I am at 85Kkm and bought the car at 40Km

Somehow, my driveshaft hanger bearing went at like 50k, and i changed it myself since i'm a tech. You could hear a very loud bearing noise when accelerating

My valve cover gasket is starting leaking now, i can see my ignition coil is getting wet, as i got a misfire code the other day ( remember i'm at 85k)
My thermostat gasket is starting to leak, i can see dried up coolant all around it, and same with a plastic coolant pipe near the reservoir ( again, cheap **** parts )
My engine mounts are TOAST, i can feel vibration on idle and shaking when shifting and torqey acceleration ( basically doesnt feel like one piece anymore )

And here is the best part, which is why THE CHAINS FAIL. Which is what nobody has mentioned yet.

The vacuum hose underneath the intake, that routes PCV gases from the crank case to your intake.

Mine was not only blocked, causing the gases and fuel vapours to REMAIN in the crankcase mixed with OIL, but it also had a hole in the vacuum tube itself, near the intake side, causing about 15% loss of power and and boost. So basically with a blocked PCV, you have extra gas that's running down your cylinder walls, mixing with your engine oil that is supposed to lubricate your chain. Gas eats the oils lubricating properties, and your chain slowly grinds away.

During those few weeks that i drove, not knowing why my car feels slow, i noticed more CHAIN RATTLE during start ups. I was determinted to find this issue and believe it was a boost leak. I took my air filter housing off, and looked through a opening in the intake manifold, and saw a tube, that was covered in oil. So I knew oil was coming from somewhere and i saw also a small tiny pinhole in the vacuum tube itself, confirming where my boost leak is coming from. Once i took out the vacuum tube, i tried shaking it, to hear if the PCV valve is moving inside.. Nope, it was stuck...

As soon as i fixed this vacuum tube, which was also something like $170 CDN for a piece of plastic tube and a valve , and did my oil change, my car doesn't have a rattle anymore, and got my full boost back.. So hopefully my chain will not have this issue, unless i already damaged it a bit.

Really that's the straw that will break everything if this happens. You reading this Mercedes? I'm exposing your piece of **** garbage , that i drive myself and love. Start making quality products again, stop producing ****! Im buying an Audi next time even though i hate them more as a tech lol!

Yeah, MAJOR design flaw.

No check engine lights for any of those.

You can have a huge boost leak and no check engine light, due to the MAP sensor design.
We don't have a MASS airflow sensor, which is more precise, and expensive sensor that measures air ( another mercedes cut back )

Our map sensor adjusts, even with a air leak, by dumping more fuel, causing you to not notice any vibrations or rough running

a MASS airflow sensor, will violently shake the car and stall, and throw codes, letting you know that you have a problem.

You all could be driving ticking timebombs with your c250's right now if you have no clue about mechanics and cars

The car is trash for reliability.
sranjesuper, you wouldn't happen to have the part number of the vacuum hose and valve under the intake that you replaced would you? Or maybe a picture showing it? Over the last month or so, I started hearing an engine rattle on startup. It only lasts 2-3 seconds, but has progressively gotten worse to the point where I hear it every time I start up the engine now. The oil does have a stronger fuel smell to it then I recall. Wondering if I have your same issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C250 Fuel problem