C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HELP PLEASE...W204 stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c320
HELP PLEASE...W204 stereo upgrade

Hi guys, I'm new here so I'm sorry if I get anything wrong. I'm trying to upgrade my stereo whilst still keeping the sat nav screen and controls for heated seats etc.
if you look at the picture I'm trying to change the part highlighted red and keep the green and blue bits. Does any one have any knowledge on this.
all help will be appreciated.
it's a c320 (w204)
thanks guys
Old 10-05-2017, 05:07 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
I wouldn't recommend you to do it because the monitor, mouse/wheel control will be inoperable.
The following users liked this post:
daryl sinclair (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 03:26 PM

2008 c320
Originally Posted by Demvang
I wouldn't recommend you to do it because the monitor, mouse/wheel control will be inoperable.
Thanks a lot.
Can i add an iphone cable to my existing head unit? I have an AUX but would like the controls through the steering wheel.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by daryl sinclair
Thanks a lot.
Can i add an iphone cable to my existing head unit? I have an AUX but would like the controls through the steering wheel.
More info about your car like the year and version of the stereo would help. I would assume yours has an ipod adapter but we'd need more info. If it's like mine check Amazon for the bevoo ipod adapter after you find yours.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:45 AM

2008 c320
Originally Posted by rivensoul
More info about your car like the year and version of the stereo would help. I would assume yours has an ipod adapter but we'd need more info. If it's like mine check Amazon for the bevoo ipod adapter after you find yours.
its a 57 reg C320 CDI (W204)
its had the flip up screen with satnav, has bluetooth phone but not music.
not sure about the exact heat unit specs.
the AUX wire is in the glove box but cant see an iphone wire
thanks
Old 10-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by daryl sinclair
its a 57 reg C320 CDI (W204)
its had the flip up screen with satnav, has bluetooth phone but not music.
not sure about the exact heat unit specs.
the AUX wire is in the glove box but cant see an iphone wire
thanks
Actual aux wire or a plug? If it's like mine the ipod adapter plug was either pulled out or hidden in the compartment between the door jam and the glove compartment.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
If you have the HK Logic 7 system, then you have one of the industry's best stereos. The system can be brought to its full glory replacing the original speakers if they have rubbing voice coils or torn butyl surrounds with exactly the same OEM drivers.
If it is just the Audio20 headunit, then upgraded speakers will improve the sound significantly. There are no compatible upgrades for the headunit, although a few appeared in China (of unknown quality). Here's the link for improving your speakers if not the Harman Kardon system, best of success:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...r-upgrade.html
Old 11-19-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 E550
I did this in my 2010 C300. I did not have the fancy top screen, just the basic top screen with closeable lid.

I bought the metra dash kit. It comes with a garbage replacement piece for where your screen goes. It also comes with a cable to relocate those bottom buttons up to the top of your dash. I did not like this. I moved the buttons to my glove box. The cord from the metra kit gives you enough length to move this easily.

You will have to figure out what you want to do with your dead top screen. It will not work after adding a new headunit. Since I have the closeable lid, I pulled out my screen and now have a storage space with a lid so when it's closed it looks stock. I also ran a charger cord into it for my phone.

I am on the hunt for some type of liner or rubber piece to fit in the hole where the screen was. This will make it look stock once complete.

You will also want to get the steering wheel control adapter so that volume and skip buttons work on your steering wheel. Also the command *** is no longer functional. I haven't figured out if I should try to remove it or just leave it be.

Relatively easy headunit install, not the easiest car to do but also not a total pain in the but
Old 08-05-2019, 07:31 AM

2009 C200 Kompressor W204
Originally Posted by Boarderjosh10
I did this in my 2010 C300. I did not have the fancy top screen, just the basic top screen with closeable lid.

I bought the metra dash kit. It comes with a garbage replacement piece for where your screen goes. It also comes with a cable to relocate those bottom buttons up to the top of your dash. I did not like this. I moved the buttons to my glove box. The cord from the metra kit gives you enough length to move this easily.

You will have to figure out what you want to do with your dead top screen. It will not work after adding a new headunit. Since I have the closeable lid, I pulled out my screen and now have a storage space with a lid so when it's closed it looks stock. I also ran a charger cord into it for my phone.

I am on the hunt for some type of liner or rubber piece to fit in the hole where the screen was. This will make it look stock once complete.

You will also want to get the steering wheel control adapter so that volume and skip buttons work on your steering wheel. Also the command *** is no longer functional. I haven't figured out if I should try to remove it or just leave it be.

Relatively easy headunit install, not the easiest car to do but also not a total pain in the but
I am thinking of doing exactly this. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am finding it hard to find info on this anywhere. I recently purchased an 09 C200 and want to upgrade it to a new double din radio head unit like you and I like that idea of having a storage compartment where the screen was.

But back on topic, I understand that I would lose control of the COMMAND and the knob, but will I still be able to have access to all the setting on the dash? Like the ASSYST Plus? and will the buttons on the left of the steering wheel still work? (up, down, left, right and ok) maybe with the new head unit?
I am hoping the only options I would lose would be the sound settings and phone functionality (which would be integrated into the new unit anyway). Like would it literally just be the stuff currently displayed on the little screen that would be lost?

Thank you in advance for any information that you can share.