C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

I need everyone's help and opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
C300 sport 2008
I need everyone's help and opinion

Thank you for even clicking on this thread but yesterday something serious happened to me. I am a new driver and I am very into cars, I finished helping a family member make his c250 look so much more aggressive and I was excited as he gave me a c250 steering wheel for the work. As we went to his house we were driving "45" mph and a lady takes a right turn past 3 lanes, she saw us coming but he insisted that we were so far away. My friend who slams on the brakes was inches from ruining the work I have done, I was so concerned I was staring at their bumpers almost touch because my brother was in the car with him. A second after my friend saved himself she swerves into me. I did not want an accident on record so I avoided it, oh did I avoid it but instead I went over a curb and starting fish tailing on the curb, if it wasn't for the fact that I had bald tires I would have flipped over and went straight into those signs that tell you what road you are going to with the 2 posts to hold it up, I avoid that aswell but my car goes into limp mode (easy fix) turn off and on the car. The old lady took off, like literally she slammed her gas after the scene. My friend blocks her, I was infuriated as she saw my car about to flip and see that there was definitely damage. She fled because it was not her fault according to her. I put my car in first and floor it to where she was Ans block her car. As I blocked her I was yelling at her, I have never yelled at someone the way I have done and acted. She refused to talk and proceeded to try and hit me with her car as I was standing infront of it. Me being the hothead I was I attacked her car ripping out her door handle and constant blows to her glass, it got to the point I would have kicked in the glass and most likely killed her if she came out. She was not affected by what has happened and it was my fault for damaging her vehicle after all the driving rules she has broken. The cop on scene wasn't even American (not racist) just didn't think his verdict was right. So now her damages on her car will be repaired by my father who is a mechanic. My car will be fixed out of my pocket. Passenger fender is bent, wheel is broken, and tires are damaged. So that's where I stand
Old 10-22-2017, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
This occurred on lyons and century village exit near Yamato
Old 10-22-2017, 10:30 AM
CJG

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
WTF? Where do you stand? You stand responsible for the damage you did to her car. She is not legally responsible for anything.
You made several poor decisions. Sorry.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:37 AM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
You’re possibly also guilty of false imprisonment (at least in the U.S.).
Dang, dude.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by CJG
You’re possibly also guilty of false imprisonment (at least in the U.S.).
Dang, dude.
you said several poor decisions, enlighten me to what they are
Old 10-22-2017, 11:56 AM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
Driving a vehicle for starters. Sounds like that’s a bad idea. Losing control of the vehicle. Bald tires. Assault. Property damage. False imprisonment. The general manner in which you reacted to *everything*. Denial that you are at fault for any of this. I’m sure there are others.
I’m not trying to be rude, but you should be in jail.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by CJG
Driving a vehicle for starters. Sounds like that’s a bad idea. Losing control of the vehicle. Bald tires. Assault. Property damage. False imprisonment. The general manner in which you reacted to *everything*. Denial that you are at fault for any of this. I’m sure there are others.
I’m not trying to be rude, but you should be in jail.
property damage for sure, assault I don't think so, bald tires not really they are a centimeter from the indicator, false imprisonment- she attempted to leave a crash that occurred by her if it wasn't for me damaging her property I would've not been at fault. Jail ehhh I was told I committed a misdemeanor
Old 10-22-2017, 12:09 PM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
By your own words you committed several misdemeanors and possible felonies. Not to mention it was simply irrational and crazy. And the tough guy you are you did all this to a female.
That’s sad. You’re an embarrassment to men.
Actually, you’re an embarrassment to humans.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by CJG
By your own words you committed several misdemeanors and possible felonies. Not to mention it was simply irrational and crazy. And the tough guy you are you did all this to a female.
That’s sad. You’re an embarrassment to men.
Actually, you’re an embarrassment to humans.
the fact that I almost lost my life, and some old ***** almost runs me off the road inwhich she did, she did not look to take the right turn nor did she stop she continued to go, an 60+ year old just drove away seeing that I lost control and attempted to run me over as I stood infront of her car asking her to stay so police to come, but the fact that she continued to roll foward I felt the need to give her a reason to stay
Old 10-22-2017, 01:05 PM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
Like I said...
Old 10-22-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Wow! I am glad that no one sounded like they got hurt, but there are so many troubling things abou this. Although it does not sound like you realize this right now, but maybe after you have more time to calm down and reflect you will realize the gift you were given.

You say you were going "45". What was the speed limit? And if you say it was 45, not sure I can beieve that. How close were you folowing the car in front of you? You admit you are a new driver and that you were so focused on what was ahead that what happened it sounde like you were not in control of your care and you started to panic. You said you swerved beause you did not want an accident o your record? Seriously, in that split second that was what went through your mind and not braking on your safety? That sounds more like inexperience. Not saying you had a way out, but you make it sound like you made the only decision you had available. Sorry, but based on your comments, I wonder. Go through in your mind how quickly that whole thing happened. You were driving along without a care in the world and within the blink of an eye your life changed, Luckily in a somewhat minor way. It could have been so much worse.

I hope you go through everything in your mind and what YOU could have done different-from possibly not being in a situation to have to avoid the "accident", how you reacted, and how you reacted after. You coud have just as easily chased after her, got her license numberf and called the police.

You mention you were so mad you could have killed her? Think about that a second. Had she come out of her car or you got in her car you could be in jail right now, possibly heading to prison. By the tone of your post I don't think you were hyperbolizing either. If that is the case I woud have to believe you have exibited that kind of behavior in other situations in your life. I hope that isn't the case, but maybe think long and hard about that, so if your "hot head" comes out you take a breath befire acting out. Use that same quick thnking where you swered to avoid having an accident on your record.

Lastly, I'm sorry, when you say you aren't racist, you are at least guity of making a racist statement. The cop was not an Amercian? What does that have to do with anything? You mean if he was "an American" you would have agreed with his decision? What does that even mean? I would have to surmise that he was a minority and to even bring that up is racist. Do you judge people like that in other situations where the person does not agree with you or says something to upset you? It has to be them, it can't be you in any way. A good rule of thumb, although certainly not an absolute. is when someone has to say they are not a racist, it is a good sign they are.

I am hoping most (all?) of this is more related to your youth and inexperience, but there are so many troubling things in your post, I have to seriously wonder. This might sound like some dumbass old fart talking (it is, I'm 59), but you need to do some serious growing up. I hope this situation is a wakeup call on how quickly things can happen that could seriously change your life and how you prepare and anticipate for them can have a big affect on your the course of your life goes.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
I think it's not your business to "arrest" people leaving a crash no matter who's fault it is. Let her run away, write down her license plate number and call the cops. That's enough, there is no need to chase her, block her way and etc.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by dol4er
I think it's not your business to "arrest" people leaving a crash no matter who's fault it is. Let her run away, write down her license plate number and call the cops. That's enough, there is no need to chase her, block her way and etc.
you are 100% correct, it's my fault for doing that and I should've acted so much differently
Old 10-22-2017, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by Alfadude
Wow! I am glad that no one sounded like they got hurt, but there are so many troubling things abou this. Although it does not sound like you realize this right now, but maybe after you have more time to calm down and reflect you will realize the gift you were given.

You say you were going "45". What was the speed limit? And if you say it was 45, not sure I can beieve that. How close were you folowing the car in front of you? You admit you are a new driver and that you were so focused on what was ahead that what happened it sounde like you were not in control of your care and you started to panic. You said you swerved beause you did not want an accident o your record? Seriously, in that split second that was what went through your mind and not braking on your safety? That sounds more like inexperience. Not saying you had a way out, but you make it sound like you made the only decision you had available. Sorry, but based on your comments, I wonder. Go through in your mind how quickly that whole thing happened. You were driving along without a care in the world and within the blink of an eye your life changed, Luckily in a somewhat minor way. It could have been so much worse.

I hope you go through everything in your mind and what YOU could have done different-from possibly not being in a situation to have to avoid the "accident", how you reacted, and how you reacted after. You coud have just as easily chased after her, got her license numberf and called the police.

You mention you were so mad you could have killed her? Think about that a second. Had she come out of her car or you got in her car you could be in jail right now, possibly heading to prison. By the tone of your post I don't think you were hyperbolizing either. If that is the case I woud have to believe you have exibited that kind of behavior in other situations in your life. I hope that isn't the case, but maybe think long and hard about that, so if your "hot head" comes out you take a breath befire acting out. Use that same quick thnking where you swered to avoid having an accident on your record.

Lastly, I'm sorry, when you say you aren't racist, you are at least guity of making a racist statement. The cop was not an Amercian? What does that have to do with anything? You mean if he was "an American" you would have agreed with his decision? What does that even mean? I would have to surmise that he was a minority and to even bring that up is racist. Do you judge people like that in other situations where the person does not agree with you or says something to upset you? It has to be them, it can't be you in any way. A good rule of thumb, although certainly not an absolute. is when someone has to say they are not a racist, it is a good sign they are.

I am hoping most (all?) of this is more related to your youth and inexperience, but there are so many troubling things in your post, I have to seriously wonder. This might sound like some dumbass old fart talking (it is, I'm 59), but you need to do some serious growing up. I hope this situation is a wakeup call on how quickly things can happen that could seriously change your life and how you prepare and anticipate for them can have a big affect on your the course of your life goes.
Youre 100% correct on inexperience, I have never gotten to the point of extreme anger but stress in my life has led me there. You may think " spoiled *** new driver talking about stress when he drives a Mercedes" I worked for it just like all of you. That does not give me a reason to do that to her, I've been in bed today all day thinking why was I so stupid and rude. I am not racist, I don't know why I said not That about the cop, I honestly wanted something to blame. I should've taken the hit and had insurance deal with it, I braked but she brakes when she went infront of me which led me to swerve, dumb move by me aswell. There actually were no cars infront of me, empty roadway sleed limit was 40 I said "45" because it was around that speed. That experience thing you are talking about being a hot head, that's true I have experienced it in my life, many times. Does take a toll on me but I try to not get angry. About killing her, I would never hit a women in my life, she could be old and I could say it, she did come out the car. I wouldn't dare lay my hands on her. I work at a grocery store and I've seen the good and bad sides of old people but I respect them because they are the older generations. Sorry for making this seem as if I'm a dick and crazy.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Good to hear you are thinking about this long and hard. Hope you use this as a wake up call and learning experience. This could have ended up so much worse in so many ways....but, it didn't. You and your relatives are fine. The car can be repaired. That is why I said you got a gift, Take advantage of that and be deternined to make better choices in the future. Also, consider your parents. I can promise you they are terrified every time you leave the house and relieved whe you return in one piece. Your recent issues with your car must have amped up that anxiousness exponentially.

I saw in another post you mentioned going over double the 50 mile an hour speed limit when you broke your driveshaft. Sounded like another close call and another poor choice. Might be another situation you can learn from. Just because you have a license to drive, does not mean you know how. For your own good, please be more responsible behind the wheel. The stakes when you get it wrong can be very high. I consider myself a pretty safe driver and have been driving over forty years with no acidents that were my fault, but there are a numerous times through the years where I have been involved in close calls that have been avoided sometimes because of experience, sometimes just dumb luck. Each one was a new wakeup call in its own way. Forty years from now I can almost guarantee you will look back and think pretty much the same thing. Right now, you do not have that experience and there is no way to get it other than with time, so please be more careful and responsible.

You might also consider replacing your bald tires when you fix everything else. Depending on where you live it could be the difference betwen stopping and getting into an accident, especially if it is raining or if it snows if you are in a colder climate.

I'm sorry if I come across as that stay-off-my-lawn old MF, but being a father and having a son that was at one time 18 years old, I just want you to be safe and have fun and enjoy your life, but do it more responsibly and respectfully before something happens that can in an instant alter your life in a very bad way.

Now, get your car fixed, so you can enjoy it fully.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by Alfadude
Good to hear you are thinking about this long and hard. Hope you use this as a wake up call and learning experience. This could have ended up so much worse in so many ways....but, it didn't. You and your relatives are fine. The car can be repaired. That is why I said you got a gift, Take advantage of that and be deternined to make better choices in the future. Also, consider your parents. I can promise you they are terrified every time you leave the house and relieved whe you return in one piece. Your recent issues with your car must have amped up that anxiousness exponentially.

I saw in another post you mentioned going over double the 50 mile an hour speed limit when you broke your driveshaft. Sounded like another close call and another poor choice. Might be another situation you can learn from. Just because you have a license to drive, does not mean you know how. For your own good, please be more responsible behind the wheel. The stakes when you get it wrong can be very high. I consider myself a pretty safe driver and have been driving over forty years with no acidents that were my fault, but there are a numerous times through the years where I have been involved in close calls that have been avoided sometimes because of experience, sometimes just dumb luck. Each one was a new wakeup call in its own way. Forty years from now I can almost guarantee you will look back and think pretty much the same thing. Right now, you do not have that experience and there is no way to get it other than with time, so please be more careful and responsible.

You might also consider replacing your bald tires when you fix everything else. Depending on where you live it could be the difference betwen stopping and getting into an accident, especially if it is raining or if it snows if you are in a colder climate.

I'm sorry if I come across as that stay-off-my-lawn old MF, but being a father and having a son that was at one time 18 years old, I just want you to be safe and have fun and enjoy your life, but do it more responsibly and respectfully before something happens that can in an instant alter your life in a very bad way.

Now, get your car fixed, so you can enjoy it fully.
well might be a while before I drive as my passenger side wheels are damaged, and control arm bent, aswell as my fender with my hood sticking out. And my father doesn't want to file a claim
Old 10-22-2017, 06:46 PM

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
I would like to speak to your father, I guess he made a mistake.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi
I would like to speak to your father, I guess he made a mistake.
what mistake, producing me, letting me buy a Merc, or filing a claim. Or all?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 C250
@OP, so sorry to hear about your recent driving experience and I feel for you. Honestly, I could have done far more worse if it were me in my younger days. But yeah, those were the days.
With the help of my dash cam, I now become a very responsible and defensive driver. Dash cam is a cheap insurance at least for me and it really changed my driving habits since.

You may want to consider investing on one of the inexpensive but reliable dash cam? I'm sure it will help you drive more responsibly and might save you from troubles knowing you have the recorded evidences to support your action and others driving around you.
Watch this video clip. If the inevitable happened, there's no doubt in my mind the other driver will claim they got there first (2 against 1). Would you agree?

Old 10-22-2017, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by C0d3Sp4c3
@OP, so sorry to hear about your recent driving experience and I feel for you. Honestly, I could have done far more worse if it were me in my younger days. But yeah, those were the days.
With the help of my dash cam, I now become a very responsible and defensive driver. Dash cam is a cheap insurance at least for me and it really changed my driving habits since.

You may want to consider investing on one of the inexpensive but reliable dash cam? I'm sure it will help you drive more responsibly and might save you from troubles knowing you have the recorded evidences to support your action and others driving around you.
Watch this video clip. If the inevitable happened, there's no doubt in my mind the other driver will claim they got there first (2 against 1). Would you agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akE1gYA2doc
I appreciate the fact you take time and help me prepare for my next experience, I know I handled it horribly. Now word is going around that I did this and it's not good, some people even recorded it and my friends dad who knows my dad for 20+ years knew the cops. 2 videos were recorded at the time and the cop let me go from a felony. I didn't realize what I had done until I went to my car sat down and was thinking how stupid I am. I will try to find a video if it's on YouTube lol. Funny thing is I bought a radar and was about to buy a dash cam the week before but got my carbon fiber spoiler
Old 10-22-2017, 10:50 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Sorry about your accident, as I'm pretty sure we've all been there (at least I have). A few items stick out of your post...

#1 Regarding the, wasn't even "American" comment, careful where you say this. But FYI, the majority of law enforcement agencies (because it is Federal) requires you to be a US Citizen, so by default they are indeed "American".

#2 As for the situation itself, please use this opportunity to make a mental note in the future to mimic that of a pending collision with an animal (example: deer) since the process is the same...you SLAM on your brakes and you DO NOT swerve lanes. If the person is going to hit you, you let them since it would of been their fault for changing directions. Imagine if there was someone in your blind spot, now you've just double ****ted yourself. Imagine if they were a cyclist or a motorcycle, even worse.

#3 I'd also like to point out the same mistake that screams inexperience regarding folks who "modify" their cars (and members here are no exception), is that they tend to not focus on tires. Over the years I've become somewhat of a tire snob, but only because having a good set is the single change that will improve the braking, handling and acceleration of any car (short of ripping parts off to save weight). It may not be as glamorous as your carbon fiber spoiler, but there's no amount of LED lights, plastidip, or "wraps", that will convince me otherwise that quality tires are the #1 best value "mod" bar none. So if you do not want to be a "poser" (a comment you made in your last thread) and improve both safety and performance in one shot, please focus on that first.

#4 Dashcam. I have it, my wife's car has it, and I would NEVER own a car without one ever again. Having this will be your legal protection from anything happening to you in the event point #2 happens again (which it will).

Last edited by edgalang; 10-22-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
There are some great replies on this thread. Happy to hear the OP is reflecting on this. Losing one's cool is losing control of the situation. Reacting calmly to situations like that shows confidence and will gain the respect of others. Admitting mistakes does as well.

Driving in Boca Raton requires good defensive driving skills. Unless rear ended both drivers share some degree of fault in most situations.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by michail71
There are some great replies on this thread. Happy to hear the OP is reflecting on this. Losing one's cool is losing control of the situation. Reacting calmly to situations like that shows confidence and will gain the respect of others. Admitting mistakes does as well.

Driving in Boca Raton requires good defensive driving skills. Unless rear ended both drivers share some degree of fault in most situations.
That is very true, I have never gotten into a collision, I have always avoided them but Saturday I wasn't as aware as I should've been. I was staring down my friends bumper seeing if it would hit and it came unexpectedly. Not so sure as to why she turned way after he was already at a complete stop. Yesterday night, was driving on same road almost right next where the scene happened dropping off a steering wheel I got from a friend for a c250, was going to install it but airbags are expensive, back on top, as I was driving I passed a purple pickup truck, same middle lane as I am always on and he swerves into me on purpose trying to run me off the road. SAME INCIDENT, he had a Nevada plate with a purple small pickup truck and I stopped to speak with him, he stopped. I come out he is across the street and I asked him calmly, "What was that for" he speed off the moment I said that. I purchased a dash cam 10 min after that happened and it comes tomorrow. I will not rage as I did before. It's funny because same thing that lady did, he did but I didn't lose control of the vehicle, even with all the damages. He intentionally swerved quickly as I accelerated trying to run me off.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by edgalang
Sorry about your accident, as I'm pretty sure we've all been there (at least I have). A few items stick out of your post...

#1 Regarding the, wasn't even "American" comment, careful where you say this. But FYI, the majority of law enforcement agencies (because it is Federal) requires you to be a US Citizen, so by default they are indeed "American".

#2 As for the situation itself, please use this opportunity to make a mental note in the future to mimic that of a pending collision with an animal (example: deer) since the process is the same...you SLAM on your brakes and you DO NOT swerve lanes. If the person is going to hit you, you let them since it would of been their fault for changing directions. Imagine if there was someone in your blind spot, now you've just double ****ted yourself. Imagine if they were a cyclist or a motorcycle, even worse.

#3 I'd also like to point out the same mistake that screams inexperience regarding folks who "modify" their cars (and members here are no exception), is that they tend to not focus on tires. Over the years I've become somewhat of a tire snob, but only because having a good set is the single change that will improve the braking, handling and acceleration of any car (short of ripping parts off to save weight). It may not be as glamorous as your carbon fiber spoiler, but there's no amount of LED lights, plastidip, or "wraps", that will convince me otherwise that quality tires are the #1 best value "mod" bar none. So if you do not want to be a "poser" (a comment you made in your last thread) and improve both safety and performance in one shot, please focus on that first.

#4 Dashcam. I have it, my wife's car has it, and I would NEVER own a car without one ever again. Having this will be your legal protection from anything happening to you in the event point #2 happens again (which it will).
You should read the reply on this thread I just made, I bought a dash cam right after it
Old 10-24-2017, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Originally Posted by w204_racing
That is very true, I have never gotten into a collision, I have always avoided them but Saturday I wasn't as aware as I should've been. I was staring down my friends bumper seeing if it would hit and it came unexpectedly. Not so sure as to why she turned way after he was already at a complete stop. Yesterday night, was driving on same road almost right next where the scene happened dropping off a steering wheel I got from a friend for a c250, was going to install it but airbags are expensive, back on top, as I was driving I passed a purple pickup truck, same middle lane as I am always on and he swerves into me on purpose trying to run me off the road. SAME INCIDENT, he had a Nevada plate with a purple small pickup truck and I stopped to speak with him, he stopped. I come out he is across the street and I asked him calmly, "What was that for" he speed off the moment I said that. I purchased a dash cam 10 min after that happened and it comes tomorrow. I will not rage as I did before. It's funny because same thing that lady did, he did but I didn't lose control of the vehicle, even with all the damages. He intentionally swerved quickly as I accelerated trying to run me off.
You need that dashcam footage and make sure you get their plates so the fools can get a ticket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.