C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

what has the ownership of your benz been like

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes clk320
what has the ownership of your benz been like

just wondering how everybody's cars are treating them i have had mine 6 month now just have had a few problems i talk about them in this video

Old 01-10-2018, 09:39 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2008 C-230 4Matic Sport
No issues here really except the dreaded ESL failure but I was expecting that to happen sooner or later so no surprise there. The car I bought used was unmolested and well taken care of the by dealership. No kids got a hold of it and tried to ruin it with bolt on garbage before I bought it.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 c300
stock!!

Originally Posted by Colin G
No issues here really except the dreaded ESL failure but I was expecting that to happen sooner or later so no surprise there. The car I bought used was unmolested and well taken care of the by dealership. No kids got a hold of it and tried to ruin it with bolt on garbage before I bought it.
Great quote. I with you on keeping things stock. to each his own. I've only had mine a 3-4 months with little driving, but I love every time I drive it. I got 1+2 warranty so I'm not sweating driving it. I have a crossfire srt. Mercedes components with AMG engine. I'm afraid to drive it with all the known issues.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:36 AM

2008 Mercedes clk320
i dont mind stock but i am just not a big fun of non amg wheels they just dont look sporty enough if u dont mind me asking how many miles are on your cars
Old 01-10-2018, 11:56 AM

2020 c300
Miles

Originally Posted by Dylon Stomm
i dont mind stock but i am just not a big fun of non amg wheels they just dont look sporty enough if u dont mind me asking how many miles are on your cars
only around 15k on mine. I bought it with low miles CPO. It's not my daily, so I won't be putting many miles on it, so I'm probably not a good barometer of reliability.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:46 PM

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts
2008 C350 Sport 4Matic Swap
Ive had mine for almost 3 years, got it for very cheap since the first owner neglected it but I saved it. Started off with replacing the transfer case bearings and the electronic lock gave out as the car was sitting for the transfer case repair so it was a 2 for 1 repair deal I guess. Ever since then, ive done more then 100k with it and its been amazing, only maintnance things like fluids, belts and bulbs have been an issue although the ESP module is starting to go out, granted mine is approching 240k km yet it still drives like new, no leaks and doesn't burn a drop of oil, not to mention this year up here in canada we are getting huge amounts of snow and very cold weather and its never let me down, I've boosted other cars in -30 temperature and helped pull people out of ditches with it, the 4matic and studded tires help with that.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:08 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
A few...Why the dealer does not care-Interesting at least

1-New front tyre wear through casing inner sides=Replace bushes.
2-Sudden death-Replaces EIS & ESL, ESL was the problem.
3-It have an issue since 1str service where they replaced the CPS on bulliten, and since then it would unexpectedly just swing a long time no start.
They could never found this problem under guarantee. If it happens, its never on cold, and never on repeated starts. It usually happens after I driven between 20-40Km distances and stop, stay in the car, whatch the scenery, and then try to start. Its intermittand and not predictable. One could say it happens say from once a month to once every two months. It did not happen for some time now.
This is the 1st car I ever owned that did not start predictably at the same amount of turns every time. The Mazda=1/2 a turn, the Izuzu predictable at 4 turns.
4-It has the advanced suspention package which fails miserably on poor gravel road(Monroe shocks). They replaced control unit, I felt no difference actually.
I drive 99.9% tar roads on which the suspention is good and soft in C mode and hard in S mode. I drove in similar W204's without this package and their softest ride is rather bumpy towards the sport mode side, like the B170 I had.

Otherwise I replaced the 3x pulleys & belt myself just i time, and had all the fluids analized, ok-Passed, decided to keep it.

So far 3-years + out of gurantee and running ok enough. Will scrap it if necassary. Another reason I keep it is I think with the suspention & AMG package its a beautiful car.

Why the dealer does not care:
Have sympathy with 1stly yourself, and 2ndly the dealer(New cars), no remorse to the manufacturer....

Last edited by Moto_Guzzi; 01-11-2018 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:36 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by Dylon Stomm
just wondering how everybody's cars are treating them i have had mine 6 month now just have had a few problems i talk about them in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUtpn0PQwA&t=103s

Can't watch your video in detail since I'm in the office, however keep in mind most of everyone here is very vocal about problems (some even on the border of over dramatic), yet you will never hear from the ones who are satisfied. As for my personal experience, I couldn't be happier. This "Mercedes experience" has been one of the best (out of the different manufacturers I’ve experienced so far), but while I've become a fan of Mercedes over the years, this will be my first and last one (more on this later).

I am the original owner of a factory build 2012 C350 (originally ordered November/2011, but was delivered in July/2012). I chose every option/color/feature I wanted (even my 2-tone interior) and even planned on a European delivery https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/europ...livery_program which at the time saved you 11% off sticker (not today's 7%). This was an anniversary present from my wife and she only made 1 payment (I forget the details, but in the end the first digit was in fact a 5). It was set to become my daily driver and to date I have accumulated around 93k miles. It was dealer serviced for the first 50k while it was under the original factory warranty (I have extended warranty too), but have since personally took over all aspects of maintenance with the exception of the standard transmission service at 70k miles (for the 7G+).

I have a few mods here and there that I do not feel important enough to list (I do not consider cosmetic changes a "mod" unlike some folks), but the main ones that I promote/happy with that affects performance are premium tires and ECU. After wearing the stock tires down at 30k, I flashed the ECU and have been on Michelin Pilot Super Sports ever since. DESPITE the online fears regarding Direct Injection engines, the M276 have served me well. I recently had an opportunity to test HWY mileage during the holiday season and was able to consistently reproduce 30+ MPG I did a few years ago before my route changed to stop and go driving.

As I've stated in the past, I plan to be here for a minimum of 10 years and/or 160k miles and plan to report all things good or bad. Fortunately I have yet to report a SINGLE issue that wasn't my fault (ex: I ran out of gas one time testing the limits of the tank, so the error codes that fired up was my bad). I think this may be in part of California weather, and the fact that my car is garaged daily, but so far this "Mercedes experience" continues to be wonderful.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:22 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
I have a C250..........not sure what factory build entails - mine is a CPO.

However, I found OP's video engaging, interesting - but rather sad. OP did not mention his odometer reading (but his battery, blower motor and the 3-piece key actuated lock glitch earn my sympathy - - - not empathy - as I've had 0 issues)

After 3 1/2 years, I'm looking at a preemptive battery replacement. Wish I could get OP's $175 price (I know: people in Hell want ice water)

That being said, I've had zero problems since purchase. Granted, the little coupe has been driven about 10k miles.

Thanks again OP (I'll tune in for your next offering).

ez

Last edited by ezshift5; 01-10-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:52 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by ezshift5
I have a C250..........not sure what factory build entails - mine is a CPO.
ez

Factory build means your order your car to spec, and the factory builds it. This is how you get the Dynamic Handling Package in the states. As for the battery, I preemptively replaced mine last month after 5.5 years.

Amazon Amazon

This one is rated at 850 CCA (original Varta is 800). When tested, it was actually reading around 880.

Last edited by edgalang; 01-10-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Added battery reference.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:22 AM

2008 Mercedes clk320
my car is a 08 with 85k miles on it
Old 01-14-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
N/A
6 months of ownership, only problem is the steering wheel can’t adjust up and down anymore. Common problem on W204, just need to find time to fix it. It’s stuck at the position I adjusted to so I’m fine with it. Runs strong, great car for a Daily

4Matic not as good as I thought, maybe new tires will help. Experienced X-drive, Quattro and 4Matic, Audi’s Quattro still the best on Snow.

Bought it for Daily and to get out of the moding game. Turns out I just can’t resist to mods, good thing not too many mods for W204. Performance I mean, so far just exterior mods.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Ninth year of W204 ownership. Besides regular oil/filter changes and the 39k 722.9 trans service, preventatively changed a belt pulley. Still on original brake pads and rotors. TCU update free during an oil change. One set of new tires, new wiper blades and recently the second battery. That's it, no other issues. Of the 33 cars I have owned, the C300 has been by far the most problem-free.
Only mods were replacing the OEM speakers (see https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...r-upgrade.html), plus adding a modest subwoofer and an A119 dash cam. Will try to get a backup camera installed, but since this C300 is Eurospec, US video interfaces are not compatible. Best of success everyone.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:32 AM

2020 c300
Amen

Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Ninth year of W204 ownership. Besides regular oil/filter changes and the 39k 722.9 trans service, preventatively changed a belt pulley. Still on original brake pads and rotors. TCU update free during an oil change. One set of new tires, new wiper blades and recently the second battery. That's it, no other issues. Of the 33 cars I have owned, the C300 has been by far the most problem-free.
Only mods were replacing the OEM speakers (see https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...r-upgrade.html), plus adding a modest subwoofer and an A119 dash cam. Will try to get a backup camera installed, but since this C300 is Eurospec, US video interfaces are not compatible. Best of success everyone.
​​​​​
Great to hear. Warms my heart.....
Old 01-15-2018, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 133 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Original brake pads after 9 years of ownership?! WOW! How much mileage on the car?
Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
Forgot to say the weak foot-handbrake is a killer for me, cant trust it, the car idle right throught it like its a paperclip holding, the red speedo in return is good however.