C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

EBD ABS ESP inoperative, power steering malfunction, RUN flat inoperative

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c200 kombressor
EBD ABS ESP inoperative, power steering malfunction, RUN flat inoperative

Hello Guys

My car started to show these messages last week:
EBD ABS ESP inoperative,
Power steering malfunction,
RUN flat inoperative
all the messages appear when I go over 20km/h.

it first appeared when I did a sharp turn few weeks ago but it only appeared once and then it stopped.

recently it started to appear all the time but when I changed the brake pads they stopped for few days but they came back again and they are not disappearing this time.

I know from few available posts on the internet that it could be the ABS ESP module or a wheel sensor. has anyone had the same problem fixed before? can any one help me know the cause of the problem?

cheers
​​​​​​​

Old 07-13-2020, 08:44 AM
hm1

Mercedes C Class w204
This also happened to me too but the light came on whilst on the motorway (I wasn't driving the car at the time) so slightly puzzled. After switching the car off and back on it disappeared and didn't come back until a few days later, whenever the car was switched off and back on it would disappear. As of recently it is constantly on, not sure what is causing it. :\
Old 07-13-2020, 09:51 PM

2010 C300
It happen to me two years ago, replace battery and warning went away.

Fast forward to last year, same warning came back, battery trick does no good. Took it to the shop, need to replace ESP module $1500.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:15 AM

C200
Help

Originally Posted by hany adel
Hello Guys

EBD ABS ESP inoperative,
RUN flat inoperative

it first appeared when I did a sharp turn few weeks ago but it only appeared once and then it stopped.

recently it started to appear all the time but when I changed the brake pads they stopped for few days but they came back again and they are not disappearing this time.

I know from few available posts on the internet that it could be the ABS ESP module or a wheel sensor. has anyone had the same problem fixed before? can any one help me know the cause of the problem?

cheers

​​​​​​I have this exact problem. What did you have to replace to fix it?
Old 04-13-2022, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 436 Likes on 359 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
OP hasn’t been back in almost 2 years, so there may be no reply.

A damaged or failed ABS wheel sensor (minor) can cause this but so can the module (expensive).

Suggest scanning the system for codes to determine the root cause.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:35 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Agreed with Old Piggy ... check all wheels to see if the wheel speed sensor cable is attached. It happened to me because the front right wheel sensor fell off Or get an MB scanner and it’ll tell you exactly what wheel is having an issue. Cable replacement is easy.

Last edited by Demvang; 04-20-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-04-2022, 01:14 PM

GLK300 2010
Originally Posted by hany adel
Hello Guys

EBD ABS ESP inoperative,
RUN flat inoperative

cheers
​​​​​​​

my 2010 GLK300 since yesterday . "Power Steering Malfunction - See Operator's Manual" & "BRAKE - EBD, ABS and ESP Inoperative - See operator's manual" & Run Flat Tyre indicator not operative I restarted twice after an interval of 5 minutes ... it works but again comes back.. - replaced New battery yesterday but no use.. Any help or advise would be great. Thanks. Dinu
Old 11-04-2022, 01:17 PM

GLK300 2010
my 2010 GLK300 since yesterday . "Power Steering Malfunction - See Operator's Manual" & "BRAKE - EBD, ABS and ESP Inoperative - See operator's manual" & Run Flat Tyre indicator not operative I restarted twice after an interval of 5 minutes ... it works but again comes back.. - replaced New battery yesterday but no use.. Any help or advise would be great. Thanks. Dinu
Old 11-05-2022, 01:48 AM

2007 W204 C280 Gasoline
had the same issue with my 2007 c280 a few months back. took it to the dealership, had to replace the ESP module.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:36 PM

GLK300 2010
Originally Posted by sharmadinu
hi guys
i have reset the computer & deleted the faulty msg. The MB technician told that it due to low voltage from battery.. now it’s working fine since last two weeks
Old 06-07-2023, 01:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mercedez
I apologize for bringing up this old thread. I had a similar issue with my vehicle recently; the ABS, ESP Malfunction, Run Flat Inoperative came out to my dash, I scanned it myself and found out that I had a bad ABS wheel speed sensor. I Immediately purchase and replace the wheel speed sensor myself, reset the code and it works normal now. I came across an in-depth article that may be worth reading. Search for "Run Flat Inoperative. ABS, ESP, Malfunction on Mercedes-Benz on YOUCANIC" and you will see an article that goes over common causes and possible fixes. You can read about it yourself. I hope this information can assist someone else with a similar issue.