C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Water Pipe replacement diy advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 10:13 AM

Received 107 Likes on 90 Posts
2020 C300, 2013 C250, 2000 Boxster S
Originally Posted by Koosh416
so disconnect rubber hose from the air intake side and then it should be easier to pull it out and have the upper coolant line disconnected without removing the metal clamp?
Yes, that's how I replaced the coolant pipes. I used a small screwdriver to separate the rubber hose from the intake pipe. Just be careful you don't put too much pressure on the intake pipe. If you break it, it's a single-piece unit and around $180.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by meazz1
I installed the water pipes and no more "coolant level" warning and not loosing any coolant.
But, last night the check engine light popped up.
It's
P029921 - indicates that the Turbo or Supercharger "A" has excessively low output.
P006800 - The position of the throttle valve is impossible

I had to removed the valve in the photo to replace the water line and I'm thinking that the culprit. I don't see any other leaks, all the hoses and connectors look right.
What is the part called I circled in the photo?

thanks for all the help, I was finally able to reassemble the new part but theres a little issue now.
anyone knows the the name of the part that’s circled here? And what it does?
when I was putting everything back on I had an issue putting the screw back in (its the longer screw) it got really stiff and the head is stripped so its stuck now, neither goes further in or out (about 10% maybe still out). Now that part is loose a bit. Any suggestions?

also some tips for whoever may need this later.
I was able to get the front clamp lose without disconnecting the intake line. I slowly slide the ring clamp toward the thinner part of the rubber pipe until it went loose. It is almost impossible to put it back on again so I ordered a constant tension spring clamp and used it instead. If you have a dremel tool you can just cut it too.
another problem I had to solve for was that I used an after market part so the bottom screw hole thats supposed to go in between the steering wheel reservoir and the engine was too thick so it didnt slide in. I used the dremel tool to grind and trim the metal bolt holder thinner (on the lower pipe) and it went in.

your help is much appreciated with the stuck screw and whatever the part on top is
Old 11-03-2023, 09:34 PM

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
C250 2013
The part above is called breather hose.

Here's a thread I regarding this part.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ther-hose.html