C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
View Poll Results: C63 AMG
Replace battery
100.00%
Alternator
0%
Starter motor
0%
Sell car
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

My electrics are dying pls help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 w204 2010 and c63 w204 coupe 2012
My electrics are dying pls help

Hi everyone, I recently had changed my alternator on my 2010 C63 because I had the red battery light come on the dash. I have been driving the car for almost 3 weeks with no issues at all but couple of days ago all my electrics turned off, said I lost ABS/ESP, lost my stereo and AC, said to release the hand break even tho there was no hand break. So I just left it and my car started driving fine. Yesterday I took it for a drive and the same thing happened once and went back to normal but I got a red battery light. Today it happened again after I took the car for another drive and the red battery light came on again and now car is dead and won’t start. Now I know that red battery light means battery is not being charged but I got a brand new OEM alternator fitted to the car so I don’t know where/what to inspect/replace/fix. Answers are much appreciated!
Old 07-02-2023, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,289 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
New ALT but loosing power?

Originally Posted by adzC63
Hi everyone, I recently had changed my alternator on my 2010 C63 because I had the red battery light come on the dash.

I have been driving the car for almost 3 weeks with no issues at all but couple of days ago all my electrics turned off, said I lost ABS/ESP, lost my stereo and AC, said to release the hand break even tho there was no hand break.
So I just left it and my car started driving fine.

Yesterday I took it for a drive and the same thing happened once and went back to normal but I got a red battery light.

Today it happened again after I took the car for another drive and the red battery light came on again and now car is dead and won’t start.

Now I know that red battery light means battery is not being charged but I got a brand new OEM alternator fitted to the car so I don’t know where/what to inspect/replace/fix.

Answers are much appreciated!
You want to go through a couple steps to assess where your issue lays.
Most likely... the new alternator is not charging well ie. ALT can also just be discharging below 12.0V.

1-- Use a battery charger to recharge your battery from flat to full - It's best you don't rely on ALT to do that.

2-- Use a DVM to measure the battery voltage with engine running and while driving using IC Display.

3-- Use a handheld scanner to read what faults your car is dealing with.

Anything particular we should know about this vehicle to understand your low power issues?