C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2013 C250 Codes P2300, P2306, P2309, P2303 ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2024 | 07:00 AM

2013 w204 c250 coupe & 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins
Originally Posted by Sterron6
Thanks for the reply. Im ashamed to say that im using a cheap obdII scanner that i purchased from Amazon so i would maybe invest in a scanner particularly for mercedes vehicles. So I did a little digging around today with my digital volt meter and discovered a huge difference on the cylinder 2 connector compared to all of the others. I placed my volt meter to the highest ohm settings, I did that because it was the only selection that gave me a reading other than (" .1 or -1). Each connector has a red wire with blue stripe, I assume that is the positive wire. Each connector has 3 pins. On pin #3 on cylinder 2(brown wire) gave me a very high reading while the other 3 connectors (pin 3) gave me the same readings. With the reading from cylinder 2, Will this be considered a short or break to ground?. I checked the wire leading from connector 1st then I checked the same wire leading from the pcm and they gave me the same reading of 0.043 ohms while the others displayed 0 ... mite I add when the issue first occurred I changed the ignition coils and also the spark plugs to vehicle specs. I drove the car to work the next morning maybe a 15 to 17 minute drive then the problem occurred again and has not went away since. I checked the ignition coils and the spark plugs and both checked out to be fine..
@Sterron6 - hey, seeing as you stated this started happening after you changed the ignition coils and spark plugs, on certain Mercedes/ direct injection engines, the spark plugs need to be "clocked" a certain way. I would reverify they are all installed/torqued correctly.

Also, you could of gotten a bad ignition coil or spark plug? I've heard of that happening before.

I'm leading in that direction because you said you didn't have these issues until after you performed that work.

Keep us posted on what you find.

Ant
Old 08-24-2024 | 12:37 AM

2013 w204 c250 coupe & 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins
@Sterron6 - hey I was thinking about this again. I agree with Tim leading to a wiring, fuse, relay issue or a bad ignition coil or spark plug. Or the spark plug is not clocked properly.

anyway… I was also curious if you noticed any oil when you pulled the ignition coils /spark plugs? I was thinking if those gaskets failed you could be getting oil leaking onto the spark plugs and coils. Causing the misfires and codes.

there are individual valve cover gaskets around each spark plug that can fail. Just a thought

ant
Old 09-29-2024 | 11:03 PM

2013 c250 sport coupe
Originally Posted by antboii
@Sterron6 - hey, seeing as you stated this started happening after you changed the ignition coils and spark plugs, on certain Mercedes/ direct injection engines, the spark plugs need to be "clocked" a certain way. I would reverify they are all installed/torqued correctly.

Also, you could of gotten a bad ignition coil or spark plug? I've heard of that happening before.

I'm leading in that direction because you said you didn't have these issues until after you performed that work.

Ant
a
Spark plug clocked? I've never heard of that before,but I'll for sure look into it. Yes the car was running fine, but started to give me issues with misfire before the repair. I replaced all 4 coils and gave it a drive and everything seemed ok.I drove it to work the next day,but then the misfire started again after a 15 minute drive on the express way. The misfire isn't constant at idle, but when I press the gas it starts to misfire continuously. KINDA LIKE A FAULTY o2 sensor. I'm getting codes "p0300,p0301,p0302,p0303,p0304.
Old 09-29-2024 | 11:23 PM

2013 c250 sport coupe
@Sterron6 - hey I was thinking about this again. I agree with Tim leading to a wiring, fuse, relay issue or a bad ignition coil or spark plug. Or the spark plug is not clocked properly.

anyway… I was also curious if you noticed any oil when you pulled the ignition coils /spark plugs? I was thinking if those gaskets failed you could be getting oil leaking onto the spark plugs and coils. Causing the misfires and codes.

there are individual valve cover gaskets around each spark plug that can fail. Just a thought

ant
no oil on plugs. I'll refocus my attention back to the coils. I'd hate it to love it if that's the issue because I've replaced a few parts after replacing the coils thinking that it would solve the issue. It would be so bitter sweet if those so called "New" coils are faulty 😡😑😌
Old 10-16-2024 | 09:54 AM

2013 c250 sport coupe
Originally Posted by Al18r21
Hello I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever resolve your problem. Thanks
Did you ever find the issue. I believe we are having the same issue. After alot of part pitching and waisted time I believe I've found the culprit.😏
Old 10-16-2024 | 10:00 AM

2013 c250 sport coupe

Ant
happy to say I found the problem😌
Old 10-16-2024 | 10:01 AM

2013 c250 sport coupe
Found the problem

ant
FOUND THE ISSUE..YESSSS!!!
Old 10-16-2024 | 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Well, what was it?
Old Yesterday | 05:11 PM

2013 c250 sport coupe
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Well, what was it?
Let me start by saying that his has been a pain in tha a$$. I threw a bunch of parts out there and also a bunch of bucks. During the time that ive been working with this vehicle and the numerous of times that i connectect the obdII scanner I only can say that i seen codes (p2008, p2015,p2016) once then they went away and never returned until the other day. I've heard that the car vehicle should be at its operating temperature before getting a proper reading WRONG in my case. In certain cases when the car is at operating temp it enters "I/M Readiness" and from my understanding its difficult to track down the issue after in enters that state. That battery was unplugged for a few days so i connected the battery of course and then connected the the scanner and started the vehicle and let it run for about 10 seconds. I turned the vehicle off disconnected a d reconnected thw scanner and switched the key to the on position and thats when gor the codes. Checked the intake and there was the problem
Turned out to be that the intake manifold swirl flaps are broken from the actuator shaft. I checked for vacuum leaks, cracked or broken hoses, and replaced all fuel injectors while removing and putting back on the intake every time. Hate that I overlooked the issue more than 3 times, but I'm happy that I found the Issue. I hope that this helps someone else.
Old Yesterday | 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
There seems to be a lot of separate postings about broken flaps lately. Wondering if the 10-12 year mark is when these things happen.