C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Can you identify this bolt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
Drifting away from the original reason for this post but I've got an update on the clunking noise after installing the new strut bearing! The noise is still there... I'm starting to lose sleep over this noise lol. I am 99% positive this is coming from the driver side and I cannot figure out what the hell it is.

So far we've replaced: Sway bar links, Control arm, CV axle, and Strut bearing. I've also inspected the entire strut assembly, sway bar/torsion bar bushings, tie rods, all plastic clips and connections for the plastic floor pans/wheel well, and any other items I can think of in the area of the noise. I've checked what portions of any type of heatshield that may be loose as well and all seems good. Not sure where to go next and my pride is really starting to burn a hole in my wallet but I'll be damned if I take it to a shop at this point lol.

Thanks all for the thoughts and ideas. If anything changes for the better I'll be sure to update.
Old 07-06-2024, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 324 Likes on 278 Posts
W204 2010 C300 4matic Sport M272
If you havent already try removing the sway bar links, drivers side, and take it for a drive and see if the noise is still there. I tried zooming in on the bottom sway bar link boot, is it seated in there properly? Cant tell, looks a little off unless its just blurry.

I searched around for reviews on Delphi sway bar links, reviews look good typically though one person claimed the nylon locknut kept coming loose and they were getting a clunking noise. So I guess it can happen.