C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Anyone taken delivery of a new W205 C-Class yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
Polar white is the best choice !

Originally Posted by k187
np!

I'm getting the C220 (single turbo 2.1) because my insurance will be astronomical on anything larger. I'm going for a (boring) polar white

C220 Premium Plus AMG Line
- Diesel - 2,143 cc, 4 cylinder, 170 hp/125kW
- Mirror Package
- Parktronic with Active Park assist
- Interior lighting package
- High gloss black trim with aluminum door trims
- 19" Alloys
- Panoramic sun roof
- Keyless-go comfort package
- Burmeister surround system
- Ambient lighting
- Memory package
- COMMAND online system,
- Driving assistance package (blind spot assist, distronic plus, lane keeping asist, Pre-Safe)
- 360 Camera,
- Heads up display,
- Privacy glass

I really love the polar white too <3
Old 08-28-2014, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160
We are taking delivery of our new C250 tomorrow!

Ended up cancelling the car we'd ordered and buying one out of stock that had everything we wanted, except Airmatic, which we decided wasn't a big deal for us.

So we got:
Brilliant Blue (not available in Australia interestingly, but they brought a handful of them into the country anyway, for some strange reason)
Crystal Grey/Black interior
AMG Line with 19" multi-spoke wheels (wanted 18"s twin 5-spoke but not available here)
Vision Package (Panoramic sunroof, LED ILS & head-up display)
COMAND Package with Burmester Surround Sound System
Seat Comfort Package (memory & heated seats, plus additional electrical adjustments for seats, headrest & steering wheel)
TV Tuner
Air-Balance feature
And other standard features that are on all C250s here:
Leather upholstery
Ambient Lighting
DAB+ radio
KEYLESS-Go
and Driver Assistance Package Plus (DISTRONIC Plus, speed assist with stop & go pilot, active blind-spot and active lane-keeping assist etc)

It's not my car though, it's for the other half. But at least I'll get my ML back now.

Don't expect to get alot of sleep tonight with all the excitement!

Cheers fellow Benz lovers

Last edited by Benz Werd; 08-28-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by AussieBenzLover
We are talking delivery of our new C250 tomorrow!

Ended up cancelling the car we'd ordered and buying one out of stock that had everything we wanted, except Airmatic, which we decided wasn't a big deal for us.

So we got:
Brilliant Blue (not available in Australia interestingly, but they brought a handful of them into the country anyway, for some strange reason)
AMG Line with 19" multi-spoke wheels (wanted 18"s twin 5-spoke but not available here)
Seat Comfort Package (memory & heated seats, plus additional electrical adjustments for seats, headrest & steering wheel)
TV Tuner
Air-Balance feature
Leather upholstery
Ambient Lighting
DAB+ radio
KEYLESS-Go
and Driver Assistance Package Plus (DISTRONIC Plus, speed assist with stop & go pilot, active blind-spot and active lane-keeping assist etc)

It's not my car though, it's for the other half. But at least I'll get my ML back now.

Looks like great car!, dont forget pictures after delivery
Old 08-28-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB 2023
We are talking delivery of our new C250 tomorrow!

So we got:
TV Tuner
Air-Balance feature
Leather upholstery
Ambient Lighting
DAB+ radio
KEYLESS-Go

you can watch tv in the car? The U.S. is missing some really important options I'm guessing you can watch tv on your phones too?

Last edited by cleankutazn; 08-28-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 AM

'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160
Originally Posted by vic viper
Looks like great car!, dont forget pictures after delivery
Thank you, we are quite happy with the way it's all worked out. The car we'd ordered isn't due to arrive for another 5-6 weeks.

Yep, we'll certainly post some pics when we get organised ... cheers
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by cleankutazn
you can watch tv in the car? The U.S. is missing some really important options I'm guessing you can watch tv on your phones too?
Sure can. Although as soon as you get to 6-7km/h the COMAND screen goes black but the sound still comes through. In my ML I have rear entertainment so you can continue to watch Tv while driving if you're in the backseat!

And yes, we can watch TV on our phones or tablets, but you have to subscribe and the data charges (if you're not in Wifi range) are highway robbery, so I don't know anybody who does it.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB 2023
I mean't over the air TV....Like the koreans.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:31 PM

2012 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by cleankutazn
I doubt the feds would allow that. People have enough distractions as it is here.... =(
Old 12-30-2014, 07:04 AM
GLO

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W205 C250BT & R320cdi-L V251 (sold c220 cdi Elegance)
We are taking delivery of our new C250 tomorrow!

So we got:
TV Tuner
Air-Balance feature
Leather upholstery
Ambient Lighting
DAB+ radio
KEYLESS-Go

Hi AussieBenzLover,

I have a few Qs for you (if you dont mind)

1.Is yours the CDI?
2.Did you end up with with the HUD and ifso, how is it?
3.How effective is the Ventilated seats (cooling)
4.Do you notice the LED headlamps (compared to Bi-Xenons on other models) being much better?
5.Pano Roof, is it hot in summer?
6. Air-Balance: is this more novelty than anything else?

What are the your pet peevs with the 205?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by GLO; 12-30-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:54 PM

Howdy mate, Happy New Year from Darwin, we're up here on holidays!

Happy to answer your queries ....

1. Our is a petrol - not a fan of diesel cars, to me they belong in SUVs and heavy vehicles. If you have a Benz sedan it's meant to be a luxury car, but hardly sounds luxurious when that engine is rattling away when idling. I understand the whole fuel economy thing, but the new petrol engines are extremely economical too so it's worth the few extra $$$ IMO. The other issue with diesel is the pumps at the servos are usually always dirty and you end up with that diesel smell on your hands (and it only takes one drop to spill on your pants or shoes and it's stuck there too) and it's very hard to get off, then the interior of your car starts to smell after a while. You can avoid this by using gloves, but then you have to store them somewhere and they just smell as well. Not for me, but each to their own.
2. Not sure what you're referring to re HUD & ifso??
3. Unfortunately ventilated seats aren't available here in Australia, although you can see the switch panel on the door next to the seat heater switch and there's a blank switch where the cooling one should be. It may be available now. They tend to update the spec list a few times a year. I do have it in my ML though, and it's pretty good. On those super hot days it certainly helps and prevents you from having a sweaty back and bum, but in all honesty you can't really feel it, but you do know it's on. If I ordered a new ML I would certainly opt for it again.
4. Hmm not quite sure about this LED headlamps 'vs' bi-zenons thing. This new W205 and our old W204 has/had the Intellegent Lighting System so I think they're the same. Wasn't the ILS on the W204 LEDs as well? Ours was one of the later ones built in 2012. What I can tell you though is if I drive any other car now without bi-zenons/LEDs at night it's awful and you feel as though you can't see anywhere near as well. Sorry I can't help you much on this one.
5. Panoramic roof in this car is certainly bigger than that W204, we had one in that car also. Never seems to be an issue with heat in my ML, just close the blind if so. Even if the car is parked in full sun for a few hours it's fine. I believe it's standard with the AMG line on the W205 anyway which will annoy alot of people I'm sure.
6. We haven't used the Air Balance yet. Still enjoying that brand new car and real leather smell.

Can't say we have any pet peeves with the car whatsoever. It's amazing. We've done nearly 6,000kms in it now. Can't believe how much better it is than the W204, which was also a great car! It's not my car, belongs to the other half, but I do drive it from time to time and really quite enjoy it. I'm used to bi-turbo V8 in my ML so driving the W204 was never fun for me, always felt underpowered. This is not the case with the W205, it really hammers and it's only getting better as it racks up a few more kms and loosens up a bit.

Hope this helps your decision making process.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by GLO
Hi AussieBenzLover,

I have a few Qs for you (if you dont mind)

1.Is yours the CDI?
2.Did you end up with with the HUD and ifso, how is it?
3.How effective is the Ventilated seats (cooling)
4.Do you notice the LED headlamps (compared to Bi-Xenons on other models) being much better?
5.Pano Roof, is it hot in summer?
6. Air-Balance: is this more novelty than anything else?

What are the your pet peevs with the 205?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Benz Werd; 12-30-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:20 PM
GLO

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W205 C250BT & R320cdi-L V251 (sold c220 cdi Elegance)
Hi AussieBenzLover,

thanks for the reply from Darwin!

We are diesel converts, with an 03 W203cdi Elegance and an 09 R320cdi-L (long wheelbase). I prefer the fewer visits to the Gas station that the Diesel range provides. Our W203 does sound a bit like a truck at times, but its non existant inside and the R320cdi-L you cant tell its a diesel.

HUD is Heads Up Display.Do you have that on yours and is it practical?

re Climatised seats.
Check out page 42 http://australiancar.reviews/_pdfs/M...ure_201407.pdf

the bottom left image shows 2 buttons, 1 for 3 levels of heating and 1 for 3 levels of ventilation. (is this where yours is showing a blank)

Another Q: How does the Pano roof adjust itself according to the speed? (on the same page as above) it says In the raised position, the glass roof automatically
adjusts in three stages to suit the current vehicle speed.
The glass roof is lowered at high speeds. The noise level
and air circulation in the interior are reduced. Conversely,
it raises itself again at low speeds.

Have you tried this?

Cheers and Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:17 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by GLO

re Climatised seats.

the bottom left image shows 2 buttons, 1 for 3 levels of heating and 1 for 3 levels of ventilation. (is this where yours is showing a blank)
Yep, the sun burnt country gets seat heating yet not cooling - whoever dreamed that up must have been living in Tasmania .
All Aussie cars will have a blank in that spot. The brochure is the generic version for Euro release. In Australia you can't get the seat cooling option (yet). I get how they bundled a whole bunch of extra kit into the standard release in Australia to keep it simpler and 'value-packed', but that would certainly have been a nice add-on for the "Seat Comfort" pack!
Old 12-31-2014, 03:51 AM

You're welcome.

Oh yes, silly me not realising what HUD was. I actually don't like it myself, so I usually turn it off. But I will admit it's a good feature. The height it displays at is adjustable, and also the brightness. Guess I'm still a little disgruntled that MB appeared to copy BMW on that one. This must almost be a first!

That brochure you're looking at is an overseas one, so the Australian specs will be alot different. Check out http://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/cont...11.2014_v2.pdf for exactly what's available here.

Sorry I misinformed you about the panoramic roof being standard with AMG line. It seems it's standard with VP1 Vision Package not AMG. I have a feeling that's changed though since the spec list that we saw a few months ago. This particular one is a new spec list dated November '14.

And wow, I had no idea the panormaic roof actually adjusted itself according to your speed. Will certainly check that out next time we're on the open road. How interesting. The more stuff I discover about the W205 the more I am impressed with it. My ML is a 500, so it basically has nearly everything standard, but what's standard now on an entry level C-Class is just mindblowing too.

What excites me is the brand new E-Class when it arrives in 2016-ish. The standard spec list on that thing is going to be crazy if what they've done with the new C-Class is any indication. Might be time to give up my SUV days and jump back into a sedan. But only if they bring back the 500 non-AMG V8. Just like you being a diesel lover I'm a mad V8 petrol man, but the AMG stuff is way too crazy (and expensive) for me.

Yes, have a great New Year. We expect good old Sydney to put on an awesome fireworks display as always!

Celebrate safely but in true Aussie style of course haha

Cheers

Originally Posted by GLO
Hi AussieBenzLover,

thanks for the reply from Darwin!

We are diesel converts, with an 03 W203cdi Elegance and an 09 R320cdi-L (long wheelbase). I prefer the fewer visits to the Gas station that the Diesel range provides. Our W203 does sound a bit like a truck at times, but its non existant inside and the R320cdi-L you cant tell its a diesel.

HUD is Heads Up Display.Do you have that on yours and is it practical?

re Climatised seats.

Another Q: How does the Pano roof adjust itself according to the speed? (on the same page as above) it says In the raised position, the glass roof automatically
adjusts in three stages to suit the current vehicle speed.
The glass roof is lowered at high speeds. The noise level
and air circulation in the interior are reduced. Conversely,
it raises itself again at low speeds.

Have you tried this?

Cheers and Happy New Year!