C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
View Poll Results: Any problems with your new C-class W205 Mercedes Benz ?
Yes
63.49%
No
36.51%
Voters: 441. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2015, 06:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications and General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
More command problem:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-20-issue.html
Old 12-01-2014, 09:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43
Ha, I had the same issue!

Originally Posted by RealCasually
I've only had one strange issue with the auto-start and brake hold features. I was at a red light, and the engine stopped (expected), and I engaged brake hold. When the light turned, I went to accelerate and the engine didn't start and my dash lit up like when you first start the car. I was flustered so it took me a while to realize I had to shift to park, then restart the car with the push start to get it going again. Makes me very weary of using the auto-start now...

200mi in on a C400 W205. Overall, extremely happy with the car (other than squeaky wipers!).
Old 12-08-2014, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Had to replace ipod cable after 3 weeks of ownership because it tore.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 c class
Angry Smart key issue

[QUOTE=jbbeauso;6227207]I'm experiencing a new problem. This problem has happened 2 times over the past month. I would approach my car with the key on me and try to open the door like I normally would with keyless go, only the door doesn't open. Same thing when trying the other door handles. Then I took out my key and tried using the remote unlock....didn't work either. In fact, none of the key functions worked and I was locked out of the car. This is pretty embarrassing and frustrating. After a minute of no luck, I am about to try opening the car with the mechanical key (which i'm told will set off the alarm system), all of a sudden the key works again like normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I imagine it will difficult for the dealer to troubleshoot this problem when it happens so infrequently.....[/QUOTE
Old 12-09-2014, 02:42 AM

2014 c class
My car is now 5 months old and has had key problems since new. The keys regularly fails to open the car resulting in need to use the small metal emergency key to access the car, once in the car the key starts the car as normal. 2 new factory supplied keys failed to work at all and the car car has now been in in the garage for over 3 weeks apparently awaiting another "properly programmed" key and hopefully all should be then be ok.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:10 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
I know all me keyless go, at one point or another do that, but obviously not to that extreme!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:46 AM

W205 C250 Bluetec Sport
Small issue in comparison to some others on here but niggly and annoying nevertheless....

The start stop technology hasn't worked since day 2 of ownership. 1,700 miles (and two weeks) into the W205 and despite the range of driving the bloody thing won't turn off at traffic lights. I just have the amber A on the dash all the time regardless of how much charge is apparently going back into the engine during my runs.

It's just annoying that it's so different to the W204 which used to cut out at every opportunity.

At least my getaways are faster I suppose
Old 12-09-2014, 12:03 PM

2015 C Class 4 Matic
Key fob issue

I have experienced the same. I usually lock the car by touching the handle... but if I try to open it with key fob, then it wont unlock. If I lock with key, then it unlocks with key.

I thought the key fob and the touch should work seemlessly. I am not going to dealer to check yet as it is 40 mile drive each way. If it gets worse or an noying, I will perhaps do that.

Originally Posted by robbroy
My car is now 5 months old and has had key problems since new. The keys regularly fails to open the car resulting in need to use the small metal emergency key to access the car, once in the car the key starts the car as normal. 2 new factory supplied keys failed to work at all and the car car has now been in in the garage for over 3 weeks apparently awaiting another "properly programmed" key and hopefully all should be then be ok.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:56 PM

2015 C220
Although I don't have Keyless Go, a couple of times my fob didn't work. I went back into the house and got the other one. Not impressed with this as my E class had the same system that never failed.
One thing I noticed was that every time I had the problem, my IPhone was in the same pocket as my fob. I have stopped doing that and (fingers crossed) have had no problem.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:50 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
I've had a few transmission "malfunctions"...fortunately they're pilot error related. On two seperate occassions I began to accidentally reverse out of a spot after parking (luckily I noticed the car moving after about a foot of movement)...I really dislike having to press the button on the end of the stalk to engage "Park"
Old 12-11-2014, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
Originally Posted by SofFMike
Although I don't have Keyless Go, a couple of times my fob didn't work. I went back into the house and got the other one. Not impressed with this as my E class had the same system that never failed.
One thing I noticed was that every time I had the problem, my IPhone was in the same pocket as my fob. I have stopped doing that and (fingers crossed) have had no problem.
I have keyless access in my other vehicle which is a Lexus. One time, I had my key in the drink holder lying on top of my iPhone and suddenly on the dash, I get the message of "Key not detected" while driving. Removing the key from the drink holder made the message go away. Its clear that the iPhone does in some way affect the signal
Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 AM

2014 c class
Thank you this is very interesting and although I normally don't have my iPhone and key in the same pocket it is certainly a possibility. I have done as you have in Lexus kept my key and phone in the same cup holder area so your explanation could fit. My car is still in the garage (almost 4 weeks) awaiting more tests with new reprogrammed keys. When I get it back I will heed your advice and keep keys and phone separate. i will repost an update following my cars return
Old 12-11-2014, 05:26 AM

2015 C220
Funny thing is I never had this issue with my E class. As a side note, never keep your IPhone in the same pocket as your credit cards or hotel keys with a magnetic strip.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43
Just had a run flat indicator inoperative error while driving on the freeway, then the car was only running in like 3rd gear or something. Had to turn it off and back on again.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
I've owned my car for ten days now and so far so good...the comand screen froze on me the first day of ownership and I thought to myself, "oh crap, what am I getting myself into?" I reset the system and haven't had a single issue since. I'm really enjoying everything about this car except the 4x4 ride height but that's a different discussion.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:36 AM

C-Class C200 W205
Exclamation

Hi all. I'm an owner of C200 W205 since July 2014.

So far I've faced two major issues:

1. When I turned on ventilation of the driver's seat I could hear a noise of internal fans scratching the internal surface of the seat. Eventually MB service had to replace the internal grid that protects fans from dust - which comes btw with the heating mat.

2. After 4000 kilometers I've noticed a noise coming out from under the car, when driving between 50 and 60km/h, especially when the car is cold in the morning. I have captured this sound and put the video on youtube. The noise in the recorded video is not so loud but sometimes it gets much louder. The MB service (DDB Mercedes-Benz Polska) is looking for the root cause for fifth day now(!!!), and they still can't determine what is it. They suspect transmission... for me it's more like the drive shaft bearing but I'll let them figure it out.

Here's the video :
The noise starts around 0:14sec

Any suggestions what can cause this crap ?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 12-18-2014, 08:35 AM

2015 C220
Hi, thanks for the video!!! I have the exact same noise that happens at 55-62km/hr. I'm away for the holidays so won't be able to get to the dealer for a couple of weeks.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:29 AM

C-Class C200 W205
Hi, thanks for the video!!! I have the exact same noise that happens at 55-62km/hr. I'm away for the holidays so won't be able to get to the dealer for a couple of weeks.
Hey SofFmike!
Can you share you VIN number with me, or at least tell me what is your model, do you have automatic or manuall transmission, when did you exactly received your car and what is your dealer's location ?

What is your current mileage?

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited by grzegorzgaj; 12-18-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:56 AM

2015 C220
Hi, I have a C220 with automatic. I got the car from MB Villeneuve Loubet in the South of France on the 10th of July. I now have 9200 km. I love the car and apart from this noise and a recurring issue with the key fob not working, it's been fantastic. As a new model, I expect some teething problems and both the original dealer and SAMGF in Monaco where I usually get service are always great.
As a side note, I thought I had the key issue figured out by not keeping the fob in the same pocket as my IPhone. However, the other day my wife had an issue where she couldn't lock the car with either key. After about 5 minutes everything went back to normal. This is on the list for the dealer to look at along with this noise.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:06 AM

Acura TL & C-Class
Hey guys,

I have a quick Question. I got a new C300 last week and I noticed that there was a paint dimple on the passenger door. Its quite small in that it is a circle with diameter of about 5-6 mm. We didn't see this on the day we picked up the car since we picked it up at night. The next day though, we saw the defect and spoke with the dealer. They said that they would send it to the MB bodyshop to fix/paint it.
The only worry I have, is that I now have a new car with a two painted doors (apparently they will work on the two doors on the right to blend it and so on). Will this affect the resale value of the car? Has anyone experienced this before? Like how good is the paint job compared to the original?

Sorry about the ranting

Last edited by rogerfrancis14; 12-19-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-18-2014, 05:13 PM

B200T
Originally Posted by rogerfrancis14
Hey guys,

I have a quick Question. I got a new C300 last week and I noticed that there was a paint dimple on the passenger door. Its quite small in that it is a circle with diameter of about 5-6 mm. We didn't see this on the day we picked up the car since we picked it up at night. The next day though, we saw the defect and spoke with the dealer. They said that they would send it to the MB bodyshop to fix/paint it.
The only worry I have, is that I now have a new car with a two painted doors (apparently they will work on the two doors on the right to blend it and so on). Will this affect the resale value of the car? Has anyone experienced this before? Like how good is the paint job compared to the original?

Sorry about the ranting
Not just the doors, but also part of the fender near the doors. I think they overlap about half of the next panel (so if it's one of the doors, half the other door and half the fender next to first door will get painted).

If you're in Toronto and end up going to the Toryork location, they do a fantastic job there...can't tell the difference from original. Had my car done there, as well as brother in-law's after an accident.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:10 PM

C250
[QUOTE=robbroy;6257374]
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
I'm experiencing a new problem. This problem has happened 2 times over the past month. I would approach my car with the key on me and try to open the door like I normally would with keyless go, only the door doesn't open. Same thing when trying the other door handles. Then I took out my key and tried using the remote unlock....didn't work either. In fact, none of the key functions worked and I was locked out of the car. This is pretty embarrassing and frustrating. After a minute of no luck, I am about to try opening the car with the mechanical key (which i'm told will set off the alarm system), all of a sudden the key works again like normal. Has anyone else experienced this? I imagine it will difficult for the dealer to troubleshoot this problem when it happens so infrequently.....[/QUOTE
Y E S! I have experienced this TWICE as well and was highly embarrassed as well. I went to show family my new car and nothing would open, regardless of remote key or proximity . I used key to unlock boot/trunk and then things worked. Mine is a Nov13 build with country code 'R'... South Africa. And once I did get in and went to start it, it didn't start with message 'key not detected'...

Last edited by fix767; 12-19-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-19-2014, 04:03 PM

C-Class C200 W205
Hi, I have a C220 with automatic. I got the car from MB Villeneuve Loubet in the South of France on the 10th of July. I now have 9200 km. I love the car and apart from this noise and a recurring issue with the key fob not working, it's been fantastic. As a new model, I expect some teething problems and both the original dealer and SAMGF in Monaco where I usually get service are always great.
As a side note, I thought I had the key issue figured out by not keeping the fob in the same pocket as my IPhone. However, the other day my wife had an issue where she couldn't lock the car with either key. After about 5 minutes everything went back to normal. This is on the list for the dealer to look at along with this noise.
Mike, they used microphones to catch where the noise comes from and guess what... it's the center support of drive shaft I've been telling them from the beginning and they've keep repeating that it's either transmission or some wind noise They've ordered a spare part and will swap it next week or week after.
I'm relieved

Greg
Old 12-19-2014, 08:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400 2015
Last night I got a warning indicator that the driver rear tire pressure sensor was missing. I panicked and started to think that maybe I had hit a bump and a piece of the car had fallen off. Later I turned the car on and voila, the sensor is back and working.

Another issue I have is that the Burmester speaker metal grills rattle with certain frequencies. It doesn't even have to be loud - it's actually more noticeable in lower volumes. Anybody else noticed this?
Old 12-19-2014, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400 4matic W205
I have another issue although it is minor. The LED light that illuminates my rear passenger side door handle stopped working today....given the normal life span of LED lights, I'm inclined to believe it is an electrical problem and not an issue with the LED itself

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Benz C-class W205 Problems Malfunction What Is Your Experience ?