C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Driver's assistance package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:52 PM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
2021 Mojave Silver E450, BRG Jaguar F-pace S, 2011 335d (RIP), 2010 E350 (sold)
Originally Posted by Dabo
Interesting post! I'm trying to decide if I should order the Driver Assist Package or not..... my main concern has to do with how intrusive is it? I think I read something about the car vibrating the steering wheel when it's approaching the line. Does this mean that my steering wheel will vibrate and try to keep me in a lane when I'm purposely trying to change lanes? I'd like to think the electronic nanny system will only make itself known when it's actually needed. What can I expect?
Use your blinker or turn it off (Burton on the dash below the light switch). I can't comment on the active lane tracking, but mine is more of a minor annoyance.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:16 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
E53
Originally Posted by Dabo
Interesting post! I'm trying to decide if I should order the Driver Assist Package or not..... my main concern has to do with how intrusive is it? I think I read something about the car vibrating the steering wheel when it's approaching the line. Does this mean that my steering wheel will vibrate and try to keep me in a lane when I'm purposely trying to change lanes? I'd like to think the electronic nanny system will only make itself known when it's actually needed. What can I expect?
If you intentionally change lane by signaling or actively steering, the lane keeping assist won't vibrate the steering wheel or apply corrective braking. It's very good at figuring out what you want to do.

The active lane keeping assist is completely separate from steering assist. Active lane keeping assist operates even if your not using DISTRONIC plus.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S, 2017 Mazda 3 HB
My two cents on my C400 with DAP:

Distronic Plus is an amazing tech - but it doesn't drive as well as a seasoned driver. You'll notice the more abrupt stops, minor delays from stop to start. It hasn't failed me yet, but it's proven invaluable in bumper to bumper traffic in LA where I can look at the Comand system to find out about traffic.

Active Lane Assist/Wheel Assist - I've drift lanes, but I've never seen the system come active. Makes me wonder what it actually does. I haven't felt any vibrating and what not yet. Maybe I haven't drifted over enough? No idea.

Overall - it's a really "cool" feature to show off. I agree with the others where having the extra set of eyes is amazing.