C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-10-2015, 03:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

2015 C400 Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 05:23 PM
SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by synaptik
do you have any preliminary numbers to share? very eager to hear about it!
No official dyno numbers to share yet, although when the RWD models become more prevalent I expect you'll see a lot more of those. But we've posted some performance metrics and the gains are impressive for such a simple to install tune.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes
edit: found N54 website...

Last edited by SLKRoadster99; 04-23-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate

A tune for this one can be found here:

Please let me know if you guys have any questions. This takes it from 333 HP to 413!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
oh lala!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by coladin
oh lala!
This thing is awesome! the install instructions are listed as well. Easy quick gains
Old 04-28-2015, 03:31 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by GMP Performance
This thing is awesome! the install instructions are listed as well. Easy quick gains
Price?
Old 04-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by coladin
Price?
This item can be ordered

HERE

The price is $1284.00 Plus shipping to your location.

Thank you
Old 04-28-2015, 05:53 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
I only have concerns since the description is for the M276 not the M276 DELA 30 (C400 motor) which, granted, is based on the same engine, but is down on displacement by .5L among some other changes.

Edit: I see Kleeman mention the 3.0L on their site.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400
Yeah the description says the stock 3.0 is xxx but then it becomes a 3.5 with xxx lmfao and no dyno sheet. its also still a piggy back.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by whoLEEoh
Yeah the description says the stock 3.0 is xxx but then it becomes a 3.5 with xxx lmfao and no dyno sheet. its also still a piggy back.
Have you ever used one of these yet? They are great for those who want to keep it low key at the dealer but also add great power.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:56 AM

2015 W205 C400 4Matic
right, but it's literally 3x the cost of the piggyback that BMS is selling..
Old 04-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by l3it3r
Well what you need to understand though however, about these is how much research and development goes into these products. In addition how well Kleeman has done with the Mercedes Benz Brand and how long they have been in business. They also focus on ONLY Mercedes-Benz. It takes very high paid software engineers to design these items and make them run efficiently and safely with your vehicle to prevent any issues as well as longevity. In addition, the product support is important when dealing with items such as these when modifying your vehicle.

Would you rather go for a lower cost item with a less reputable source that could potentially cost you a $20,000-80,000 engine not covered under warranty?
Old 04-29-2015, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG

Well what you need to understand though however, about these is how much research and development goes into these products. In addition how well Kleeman has done with the Mercedes Benz Brand and how long they have been in business. They also focus on ONLY Mercedes-Benz. It takes very high paid software engineers to design these items and make them run efficiently and safely with your vehicle to prevent any issues as well as longevity. In addition, the product support is important when dealing with items such as these when modifying your vehicle.
Two questions:

1) Any actual dyno results...complete with A/F?

2) Is there one available for the C300?
Old 04-29-2015, 12:28 PM

2015 C400

Would you rather go for a lower cost item with a less reputable source that could potentially cost you a $20,000-80,000 engine not covered under warranty?

Yeah I've ran piggybacks before but the biggest issue is the limited amount of tuning you can do, also I don't agree with the statement that "a lot of research and development" goes into the piggy back. I see just other tuners coming out with piggy backs and taking the easy way out. Also the numbers don't exist for either Burger or Kleeman. And from what you said the numbers gained that is stated are off the 3.5l for the cl400. It's the same ecu and the maps are also in the stock tune for all the models but I would like to see Dyno numbers stock and tune same day with the other tunes

Last edited by amdeutsch; 06-29-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by whoLEEoh
Yeah I've ran piggybacks before but the biggest issue is the limited amount of tuning you can do, also I don't agree with the statement that "a lot of research and development" goes into the piggy back. I see just other tuners coming out with piggy backs and taking the easy way out. Also the numbers don't exist for either Burger or Kleeman. And from what you said the numbers gained that is stated are off the 3.5l for the cl400. It's the same ecu and the maps are also in the stock tune for all the models but I would like to see Dyno numbers stock and tune same day with the other tunes

are you aware how an ECM thinks and runs? Weather it is a piggyback or a hard software flash, you will be changing fuel parameters thus changing A/F ratio. If this is incorrect, or doesn't have the Exact numbers for the computer to think it can self destruct different items within the engine. This is very important. So yes, in terms anything that has to do with the ECM and software tune or a piggyback involves R&D.

Thank you for your input.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 06-29-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Originally Posted by MASSC300
Two questions:

1) Any actual dyno results...complete with A/F?

2) Is there one available for the C300?
I do have one for the C300 as well however it has not been tested yet.

Quote from my rep:"Plug and play tuning box, although it hasn’t been tested on the 300 yet, so power gains are not known. That variant makes 241 HP, which is higher than all other M274 engines, so I’ll guess power gains are +30…"

1.6 & 2.0 L BE Engines
M270 Engine used in A/B/CLA/GLA
M274 Engine used in C Class 204/205, E Class 212 and GLK X204

Price is $1295.00

Let me know if you would like to try it!
Old 04-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Don't really want to get into a debate with anyone, but if I can just point out some straight facts regarding these performance upgrades; in regards to the 400 engine in the C class, it is most likely possible that the tune from the German tuners was based on development of that engine in the CLS400, this 400 engine is now going to be in the ML, C, E, CLS, SL etc, obviously all these models vary in weight and drivetrain but the results of engine performance and compatibility will be the same, however they are required to produce a TUV approval for such modifications and if they don't have the exact car it may sometimes take some time for them to release it.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who is working hard to develop and become a great tuner, but even though I am a distributor for a competing brand, I will say this; if Brabus has a tune, that is the one to follow, don't take my word for it, look at their product, they do every single Current Mercedes-Benz Vehicle in the Line up, from the Smart all the way to the Sprinter.

Everyone complains about the price of their product, but you will never hear or see anything negative about their products...there is never any question about their performance gains with what they offer.

With Carlsson we offer similar Piggy Back performance kits and in past years the same stroker conversions. One example though where Carlsson did not pursue a performance upgrade was with the CLA45, it was no secret that these vehicles have Transmission issues, if you have a car from the factory that already has known problems, best not to modify it or you will face repairs that the dealer should cover but won't because you modified the car.

Modifying a cars performance is always a risk, but we all love to do it and make our cars a little different or more exciting, but if you are going to take these risks I think it is important to go with known brands with a history and that have done extensive testing and have had to go through getting approvals for the use of their product, that way you know your buying a product that is proven and has proper product liability insurance and also a solid reputation to protect.

Looking at how close the relationship is with Mercedes-Benz with each of these tuners is an example and confirmation of who is who, and for sure it is evident that these tuners would never want to risk that their brand name would be viewed negative by Mercedes-Benz.

Note that if your car goes in for service and your dealer is not performance friendly and they find that your car has been modified in a manner that puts the dealer and factory at risk for repairs that they do not want to be responsible for, your car can be Red Flagged, once your car gets the Red Flag, that's it, it cannot be removed...your car becomes valued like a salvage car at that point.

This is another reason why product liability insurance is important and dealing with a bigger brand name also goes with the term; YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Keep in mind that all these Mercedes-Benz cars are daily drivers for most of us, that is a car that is supposed to last 100k+ miles, so the ambition to be the tuner with the most horsepower and fastest car may be great for a weekend quartermile, but keep in mind those guys who drag race for the best times with a racecar, they may do 3 passes in the heat session and then go back and rebuild a motor and change a few things for the finals to make the winning pass, but we are talking about cars that need to drive everyday so don't get too hung up on who gives the most gain, look to who is dependable!

Do your homework, if you really feel that you don't have enough confidence in one brand or another, then don't do anything at all...you are still driving a Mercedes-Benz which is one of the most premium brand vehicles you can drive on the road!

I hope this info is useful!

Jim
Old 04-30-2015, 01:34 PM

2015 C400
are you aware how an ECM thinks and runs? Weather it is a piggyback or a hard software flash, you will be changing fuel parameters thus changing A/F ratio. If this is incorrect, or doesn't have the Exact numbers for the computer to think it can self destruct different items within the engine. This is very important. So yes, in terms anything that has to do with the ECM and software tune or a piggyback involves R&D.

Thank you for your input.
Im not a tuner or anything but I've picked up a few things here and there from knowing one lol from my experience a piggy back is basically an expensive manipulator. From cars I've driven and/or been passenger in, a piggy back just doesn't run as good as an ECU tune. Even the most advanced piggy back systems need to get the CAN-bus gateway busy to even work properly. Its basically a signal interceptor and modified lol like a fancy resistor box with cheap ICs. I mean my biggest pet peeve with the companies that too piggy back tunes are that they claim things but there is no proof from anything yet, IM NOT SAYING THE TUNES SUCK but for me, I don't like the aspect of piggyback. I would stay real quite tho if they come out with a dyno sheet showing 80whp gain/100wtq like I think that one claims lol hell, that'll be impressive.

Im also new the MB world so I never heard of the brand, looked up some of their stuff and they have some nice builds and seems like they've been in the market for a long time. Im not bashing the company at all or any company making tunes, just the idea of piggy back. Only thing I have against the company itself is selling a product with absolutely no proof lol no dyno, 1/4 time differences or anything.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:41 PM

2015 W205 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by OSMS_Carlsson
Don't really want to get into a debate with anyone, but if I can just point out some straight facts regarding these performance upgrades; in regards to the 400 engine in the C class, it is most likely possible that the tune from the German tuners was based on development of that engine in the CLS400, this 400 engine is now going to be in the ML, C, E, CLS, SL etc, obviously all these models vary in weight and drivetrain but the results of engine performance and compatibility will be the same, however they are required to produce a TUV approval for such modifications and if they don't have the exact car it may sometimes take some time for them to release it.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who is working hard to develop and become a great tuner, but even though I am a distributor for a competing brand, I will say this; if Brabus has a tune, that is the one to follow, don't take my word for it, look at their product, they do every single Current Mercedes-Benz Vehicle in the Line up, from the Smart all the way to the Sprinter.

Everyone complains about the price of their product, but you will never hear or see anything negative about their products...there is never any question about their performance gains with what they offer.

With Carlsson we offer similar Piggy Back performance kits and in past years the same stroker conversions. One example though where Carlsson did not pursue a performance upgrade was with the CLA45, it was no secret that these vehicles have Transmission issues, if you have a car from the factory that already has known problems, best not to modify it or you will face repairs that the dealer should cover but won't because you modified the car.

Modifying a cars performance is always a risk, but we all love to do it and make our cars a little different or more exciting, but if you are going to take these risks I think it is important to go with known brands with a history and that have done extensive testing and have had to go through getting approvals for the use of their product, that way you know your buying a product that is proven and has proper product liability insurance and also a solid reputation to protect.

Looking at how close the relationship is with Mercedes-Benz with each of these tuners is an example and confirmation of who is who, and for sure it is evident that these tuners would never want to risk that their brand name would be viewed negative by Mercedes-Benz.

Note that if your car goes in for service and your dealer is not performance friendly and they find that your car has been modified in a manner that puts the dealer and factory at risk for repairs that they do not want to be responsible for, your car can be Red Flagged, once your car gets the Red Flag, that's it, it cannot be removed...your car becomes valued like a salvage car at that point.

This is another reason why product liability insurance is important and dealing with a bigger brand name also goes with the term; YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Keep in mind that all these Mercedes-Benz cars are daily drivers for most of us, that is a car that is supposed to last 100k+ miles, so the ambition to be the tuner with the most horsepower and fastest car may be great for a weekend quartermile, but keep in mind those guys who drag race for the best times with a racecar, they may do 3 passes in the heat session and then go back and rebuild a motor and change a few things for the finals to make the winning pass, but we are talking about cars that need to drive everyday so don't get too hung up on who gives the most gain, look to who is dependable!

Do your homework, if you really feel that you don't have enough confidence in one brand or another, then don't do anything at all...you are still driving a Mercedes-Benz which is one of the most premium brand vehicles you can drive on the road!

I hope this info is useful!

Jim

Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by l3it3r
FYI it also has no RPM input, no fuel control connector, no USB connection for logging/updating maps at home, etc. At $279 it would be a good Stage1 competitor. I think they missed the mark on price by around $1k.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:06 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Past:2010 ML63 AMG, 2011 C63 AMG, 2011 E63 AMG, 2015 C400 4matic & 2014 CLS550 4matic. Now: 2017 C43

Subscribed!
Old 06-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E500 Estate
Guys check out our additional offering now ! Some new additional tuning options.

HERE
Old 07-23-2015, 04:24 PM

Mercedes c400
Well at last RENNtech released their tune. Only problem is that it's $2k for 50 extra ponies. I was hoping it would be more ponies. Anyways what do you guys think?

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/inde...-engine-detail
Old 07-23-2015, 05:26 PM
SPONSOR

Reviews have been very strong on our C400 Stage1. Best part is it installs and removes in 1-2 min.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S, 2017 Mazda 3 HB
Originally Posted by Terry@BMS
Reviews have been very strong on our C400 Stage1. Best part is it installs and removes in 1-2 min.
I have a 2015 C400. Would love to hear more!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 C400 Tune