C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Delayed......again (UK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 1.8 TFSI Black Edition
Originally Posted by jumpsuitelvis
My 24th October delivery date was put back to 31st October, then 3rd November, and now 3rd December.

That will be 23 weeks from placing my order!

I'm aware of delays due to production being transferred to SA, and potential delays due to the steering issue, but even so...
I'm delighted to say that my car is now at the dealership and I'll be picking it up on Thursday!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:22 AM

Mercedes C250 Bluetec AMG
Finally 360 camera released

I've got confirmation that my one fitted with 360 camera has finally being scheduled to build in March 2015 as Mercedes released the camera.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
I'm delighted to say that my car is now at the dealership and I'll be picking it up on Thursday!
Fantastic news. The moment you drive off, the long wait will just be a memory...
Old 12-03-2014, 12:58 PM

C200 AMG Line Premium Plus
Red face

Great news JSE. I know that like me, youve been waiting a while.

Enjoy your car and remember to post some pics.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by jolt8631
Fantastic news. The moment you drive off, the long wait will just be a memory...
One more get up!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by tgrx1901
Great news JSE. I know that like me, youve been waiting a while.

Enjoy your car and remember to post some pics.
Thanks. Any news on yours? I'll try and get some photos posted over the weekend all being well.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
C63 W205 17' + W205 C250@brabus + NSX 95'
Ordered mine in October, suggested delivery March / April. Yesterday asked dealer, car should be made in SA in february. C250 euro.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:58 AM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Great stuff.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:23 PM

W205 C250 Bluetec Sport
Originally Posted by UKDriver
Exciting stuff....post some pics when you get. I'm also getting mine via Leaseplan so let me know how you get on with the de badge.
Sorry for delay in responding, just found this thread again. De badged with no problems
Old 12-05-2014, 12:23 PM

Thanks. Any news on yours? I'll try and get some photos posted over the weekend all being well.
Just heard that the car should be at the dealer middle of next week, ready for pickup next weekend!
Old 12-11-2014, 10:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S205 C200 Sport
Originally Posted by pavloPL
I've got confirmation that my one fitted with 360 camera has finally being scheduled to build in March 2015 as Mercedes released the camera.
Just noticed that the UK December 2014 brochure/pricelist now says Q2 2015 for 360 Cam.

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cur...oon-estate.pdf
Old 12-12-2014, 05:43 PM

Thumbs up

I thought I'd close of my tale of woe!

I picked my car up today, almost 5 months to the day after I placed my order.

From what I've experienced of the car so far, I'm glad I waited and didn't cancel.

I've found it smooth and refined. The build quality is excellent and I think the car looks stunning inside and out. Its packed with tech that will take a bit of getting used to but I'm looking forward to it.

The car is back in again in a weeks time to have winter wheels and tyres fitted.

If it ever stops raining I'll take some photographs but that's a big if in Scotland in winter!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:21 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by tgrx1901
I thought I'd close of my tale of woe!

I picked my car up today, almost 5 months to the day after I placed my order.

From what I've experienced of the car so far, I'm glad I waited and didn't cancel.

I've found it smooth and refined. The build quality is excellent and I think the car looks stunning inside and out. Its packed with tech that will take a bit of getting used to but I'm looking forward to it.

The car is back in again in a weeks time to have winter wheels and tyres fitted.

If it ever stops raining I'll take some photographs but that's a big if in Scotland in winter!
Nice one, just in time for Christmas!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by W124-FTW
Just noticed that the UK December 2014 brochure/pricelist now says Q2 2015 for 360 Cam.

http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cur...oon-estate.pdf
I also thought there was a delay. I test drove one last weekend and they said that the 360 camera was still delayed...
Old 01-08-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A180 / On order S205
Interesting to see that you get the connect me service as standard (page 24 in the pdf ) on all c-klass. I might just cancel my Swedish order and pop over and collect a car in Germany or the UK if I cant get it here
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM

W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
Sorry for delay in responding, just found this thread again. De badged with no problems
Hi Do you mind me asking if you managed to get this as a factory option?

When I placed my order just before Xmas I was told de-badging wasn't an option for the W205. I was offered the alternative of the dealer removing the C200 badge from the boot but I didn't want to run the risk of paintwork damage.

Many thanks
Roger
Old 03-14-2015, 06:31 AM

BMW 330d
Delay upon delay!

I ordered my C250 AMG Line Premium Plus in early Feb and was told that I can expect delivery in mid-April. I kept in contact with the leasing company and found out (only after calling them) that Mercedes S.A. had some severe issues with their order processing system and that I was looking at new deliver date in towards the end of May. This date was then revised to JULY! What on earth is Mercedes doing!??

The leasing company is offering C220 Sports Premium models that'll be available sooner but that'll be compromising everything I wanted on my initial order. I hope there isn't any more bad news.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:38 PM
PK1

Oh lord, please grant me...
in early Feb and was told that I can expect delivery in mid-April. [/QUOTE]

Hi Simon, three different dealers told me that the wait time was 5-6 months for the C (that was a few months ago, mind you, since I ordered mine in early December. I wasn't after the Airmatic or the camera, so the lead time seemed to be standard and not as a result of extra delays).

I'm sorry to say, but it sounds as though your lease company may have made some promises that they couldn't meet....
Old 03-14-2015, 04:15 PM

Agree with the above - my order went in in early October and I was given a confirmed build of decade 2 in March, with a delivery in late April.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:22 PM

c class 250 amg
Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
I'm still really peeved about the wheels! In fact I've just been looking at all the photos on here with the black and telling my wife how I'm annoyed I can't have them and they really set the car off........she's fed up of hearing me go on
Hi Shaun

Been following your story on here and it sounds weirdly similar to my experience with JCT600 Sheffield.
I also ordered my c class in June 2014 and was told i would have it mid September. After hearing nothing from my salesperson at the beggining of September i decided to call into the dealership to enquire when i could pick my car up. As soon as i saw Andrews face i could tell it wasn't good news.

Correct, the car had not even gone into production. I was completely dumbfounded and after speaking to the sales manager i was told that it was something to do with MB not having red leather, airmatic, amongst various other componants that i had ordered.

I should have cancelled my order right there but following some nagotiations i decided to go with it and wait and wait and wait some more, in fact i have been waiting that long my new car is now due for delivery at the end of this month 2015.

I have been completely dissatisfied with JCT600 and its ruined my new car experience and i havent even got the car yet.

One thing to mention, I was able to order the Black 19s from the same dealer that told you they were not available as an option.

Seems they not only let people down with there lack of communication skills, its product knowlage aswell.

Hope the wait has been worth it
Old 03-15-2015, 07:12 PM

W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
Originally Posted by doralmark
Hi Shaun

Been following your story on here and it sounds weirdly similar to my experience with JCT600 Sheffield.
I also ordered my c class in June 2014 and was told i would have it mid September. After hearing nothing from my salesperson at the beggining of September i decided to call into the dealership to enquire when i could pick my car up. As soon as i saw Andrews face i could tell it wasn't good news.

Correct, the car had not even gone into production. I was completely dumbfounded and after speaking to the sales manager i was told that it was something to do with MB not having red leather, airmatic, amongst various other componants that i had ordered.

I should have cancelled my order right there but following some nagotiations i decided to go with it and wait and wait and wait some more, in fact i have been waiting that long my new car is now due for delivery at the end of this month 2015.

I have been completely dissatisfied with JCT600 and its ruined my new car experience and i havent even got the car yet.

One thing to mention, I was able to order the Black 19s from the same dealer that told you they were not available as an option.

Seems they not only let people down with there lack of communication skills, its product knowlage aswell.

My car was ordered on 8/10/14 and was built on 2/2/15 and got on the boat from SA on 23/2/15 and due to take delivery at the end of the month. Maybe our cars are on the same boat!

Going in to the dealers on Tuesday so will get an update where about it is.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:08 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Hi Shaun

Wow, that's a long wait, it's riduculous to be honest, I thought mine was bad but Ive had mine 4 months now!

It must be the airmatic??

If it's any consolation it is a really nice car and I'm sure you'll love it, but that wait is verging on unacceptable - 8 months for a build is really, really poor.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:10 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Hi Shaun

PS. If you don't like the wheels when you get the car I'll swop you 😀
Old 04-01-2015, 03:48 PM

Mercedes C300 Estate
Well at least I'm not alone.

I was torn between a Jag XF and the C Class. Asked my local dealer, they assured me lead times were 12 weeks, 14 at the most.

Ordered a C300 hybrid estate.

In November.

Currently anticipated mid May.

The galling thing is I'm tooling around in a Kia Sportage until the Merc arrives. It's shockingly bad.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by fizzicist
Well at least I'm not alone.

I was torn between a Jag XF and the C Class. Asked my local dealer, they assured me lead times were 12 weeks, 14 at the most.

Ordered a C300 hybrid estate.

In November.

Currently anticipated mid May.

The galling thing is I'm tooling around in a Kia Sportage until the Merc arrives. It's shockingly bad.
Has your car been allocated a VIN yet? When it does, it should then be a confirmed build date, as opposed to a build "slot".

Given you are buying an Estate, then you will have a German build, as opposed to a South Africa, so the Factory to Dealership will be at least 3 weeks shorter. If the are forecasting an ETA at the dealer of mid May, then your build will be (around) the last week in April.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.