C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Delayed......again (UK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C300 Estate
Allegedly it has been built and awaiting shipping. As it's a lease car the dealer doesn't give a flying wotsit, I may hassle the lease guys for a VIN.

Can you track a car once the VIN is allocated?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by fizzicist
Allegedly it has been built and awaiting shipping. As it's a lease car the dealer doesn't give a flying wotsit, I may hassle the lease guys for a VIN.

Can you track a car once the VIN is allocated?
Others have said they have been able to identify the ship the car is loaded on, from the VIN. I have no idea how, but perhaps others can advise ( I would be interested in "how" as well).
Old 04-01-2015, 04:23 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
C63 W205 17' + W205 C250@brabus + NSX 95'
Dealer gave me tracking number for ship. So you can monitor its way from SA. But since car is in Bremenhawen they don't know anything..
Old 04-01-2015, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Hybrid (AMG Line), MG TF 160, BMW 120d
Well at least I'm not alone.

I was torn between a Jag XF and the C Class. Asked my local dealer, they assured me lead times were 12 weeks, 14 at the most.

Ordered a C300 hybrid estate.

In November.

Currently anticipated mid May.

The galling thing is I'm tooling around in a Kia Sportage until the Merc arrives. It's shockingly bad.
Odd, I wonder which options have caused the delay on yours? I ordered my C300 hybrid estate at the start of January and collected it a couple of weeks ago.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 AM

Mercedes C300 Estate
I gather airmatic is the big delay, but I have grey leather and black ash wood, so probably an unusual spec.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:10 AM

C300 Hybrid (AMG Line), MG TF 160, BMW 120d
I gather airmatic is the big delay, but I have grey leather and black ash wood, so probably an unusual spec.
I also have airmatic and black ash but not the leather, maybe that was the difference?
Old 04-03-2015, 11:36 PM

bmw m3
I still have no word on my car..

Ordered in June..

mercedes sucks on delivery times, my dealer sucks on providing information
Old 04-04-2015, 04:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by kots
I still have no word on my car..

Ordered in June..

mercedes sucks on delivery times, my dealer sucks on providing information
June? - bloody hell - that's 10 months, so far. By the time the car gets here it'll be the best part of a year!

A) what market (country) are you in?
B) what spec/options have you ordered (anything particularly exotic that we know is on delay - 360 camera)?

Not sure I could be that patient....
Old 04-07-2015, 03:48 PM

Mercedes C300 Estate
No VIN number available to leasing company thus far.

Despite it allegedly having been built a few weeks ago.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:13 AM

bmw m3
Originally Posted by jolt8631
June? - bloody hell - that's 10 months, so far. By the time the car gets here it'll be the best part of a year!

A) what market (country) are you in?
B) what spec/options have you ordered (anything particularly exotic that we know is on delay - 360 camera)?

Not sure I could be that patient....
Im really getting frustrated because of the VERY poor information Im getting about my order, they just dont seem to care.

My order at June was as follows:

Amg line
pano roof
airmatic
premium pack
19' wheels

I understand that airmatic and 360 camera were causing delays but
If I was informed properly about the actual delivery time, I would probably change or have cancelled my order since I'm in need for the car.

Here's how we got here from last June:

- mid Of June 2014 I placed my order, I was said manuafacture date end of August - Delivery Semptember

- early September I called multiple times asking for the status of my order, after a lot of called I was told that airmatic and 360 are delaying orders with these 2 being available for November builds.

So I make a change on my order, taking out the 19' wheels and adding Command and 360 Camera.

I was told build date in November - Delivery late December Early January

- Early in December I called to ask for a change in my order and I was told this cannot be done because the car is on the line for being made.

- Through multiple calls in January and again a lot of frustration on my behalf, I was now told that delivery of the car would take place in March !

- Early March I called to ask about the status of the order and I got the following reply: ''Good news, the car is due for being made this month and as soon as the factory releases it for shipping we will inform you.''

at this point my patience was already exhausted so I demanded to know exactly when I would receive the car, If I was to receive a car.

They said They would call me back,

I called them yesterday and I was told that the factory is now closed for Easter Vacations and they will inform me on Tuesday. Now of course they wont.

I am a logical person and I do understand that its not their fault that Mercedes was not making airmatic and 360 until march 2015 .

BUT.

This does not justify me being pushed through June until today with false information.

I was completely misinformed, or actually not informed at all about the status of my order since Im sure they did little efforts to get any real information about the status of my order.

At this point I dont know if I should cancel the order or not since I really need the car.

This has been my lovely experienced until now.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:02 PM

Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Hi,
I ordered a c220 amg line premium plus (but picked from stock) in november, had it in less than a month. In feb i tried to order another one telling me end of march. After the lease company messing me around i gave a call to a few others, all telling me no one can get a class in the UK until june, and MB arnt doing any c250s for a while (whatever thats about) Im dealing with a separate lease company now, at least honest telling me as mercedes hit their quota for the second quarter i will probably not get mine until june/july, and if you add the 19's the man assures me this always delays UK spec vehicles. I never really understand how this whole ordering system works but as so many people/companies are ordering them I can understand a slight delay, but for you to basically wait a year for a car im sure you can get in no time. you should ask if another company can take on your order.. try calling around first and see what the companies can do for you then move on? This is what i did and it worked out better as im ordering to spec and coming the same time the original lease company told me from a cancelled order.

Hope you get your car. they are definitely worth waiting for!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:16 PM

c class 250 amg
So, After a long wait and a lot of calls and visits to the dealership, my car is ready to pick up tomorrow morning.

It's been a long time comming as i did order it back in June 2014, something to do with Airmatic, Red leather, black 19s and some other components that were apparently available at time of order but not available 2 months later?.

In any case it's ready to pick up at 10am in the morning. I hope it was worth the wait
Old 04-10-2015, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by doralmark
So, After a long wait and a lot of calls and visits to the dealership, my car is ready to pick up tomorrow morning.

It's been a long time comming as i did order it back in June 2014, something to do with Airmatic, Red leather, black 19s and some other components that were apparently available at time of order but not available 2 months later?.

In any case it's ready to pick up at 10am in the morning. I hope it was worth the wait
Hopefully it will be all you wanted. I didn't even know you could get black 19's.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:39 PM

c class 250 amg
I didn't even know you could get black 19's.

Nor did i but the dealer said it was possible so i ordered them
Old 04-10-2015, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Given up on a S205 and ordered a S212
I actually canceled my C200 sport after I couldn't have Hyacinth red on a wagon. None for 2015. So I have ordered a Hyacinth red E class 250 SE wagon instead, silk beige and walnut as before. Cost another 3K mind. I wonder if this will arrive?

Let's not even mention getting a 360 camera!
Old 04-12-2015, 06:28 PM

c class 250 amg
So after a long wait i finally picked up the car on Saturday. Iv'e done around 100 miles since picking it up and all i can say is its perfect.
One more thing to add, if anyone is thinking of getting the Airmatic I can confirm (for me) it is without a doubt the best decision i made.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:03 AM

C250 AMG Line (Prem Plus) Bluetec & Land Rover Discovery 4
I ordered my C250 AMG Prem Plus with Black ash trim back in early Feb. I was originally told delivery was showing as 1st June but would likely move forward to before that. Now been pushed back to 2nd July, with no real reason or explantion as to why. I'm hoping it doesnt move again!
Anyone else experienced a recent delay with this spec in the UK?
Old 04-14-2015, 09:47 AM
PK1

Oh lord, please grant me...
Originally Posted by MBJC
Anyone else experienced a recent delay with this spec in the UK?
I went for an auto 220 Bluetec with the black ash and red leather (my bank manager ruled out the airmatic, pano roof, and other Premium toys ).

Ordered mid-November 2014, and hoping to collect it next week

My dealer did warn me that the red leather would slow things down a little, but 5 months appears to be the standard waiting time. Here's hoping that the East London plant is slower in churning 'em out because they've actually built them properly (not like the folks in Alabama...)
Old 04-14-2015, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I recall my dealer saying the saloons to the UK were starting to fall behind when I collected my estate at the end of March. All in all mine took just seven weeks from order to delivery, well happy with that.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:23 AM

BMW 330d
Update on my order

I was contacted by the leasing company a few weeks ago because they had a cancelled order that I may be interested in. I was told that I can have a C250 AMG Premium Plus by mid-May but in Polar White. That's close enough to what I originally ordered so I said yes. I initially ordered it in metallic black. The only thing I did try to renegotiate is my lease payment.

The metallic paint was going to be costing me £8 extra per month. So now that I'm taking a vehicle with a standard colour, I'd have thought that I'd be paying £8 less. Apparently NOT.

This is allegedly because my credit was approved based a certain agreed lease and any price adjustment will need a new application for finance. But since the general prices of the Mercedes W205 has gone up this quarter, it's impossible that I'd get the same quoted prices I had previously seen for a non-metallic vehicle.

Mercedes prices have indeed gone up so maybe it does make sense but I still feel like I'm getting bumped a little. Anyway, just hoping that there are no more issues and the car comes through!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:06 PM

Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Originally Posted by simon.allen
I was contacted by the leasing company a few weeks ago because they had a cancelled order that I may be interested in. I was told that I can have a C250 AMG Premium Plus by mid-May but in Polar White. That's close enough to what I originally ordered so I said yes. I initially ordered it in metallic black. The only thing I did try to renegotiate is my lease payment.

The metallic paint was going to be costing me £8 extra per month. So now that I'm taking a vehicle with a standard colour, I'd have thought that I'd be paying £8 less. Apparently NOT.

This is allegedly because my credit was approved based a certain agreed lease and any price adjustment will need a new application for finance. But since the general prices of the Mercedes W205 has gone up this quarter, it's impossible that I'd get the same quoted prices I had previously seen for a non-metallic vehicle.

Mercedes prices have indeed gone up so maybe it does make sense but I still feel like I'm getting bumped a little. Anyway, just hoping that there are no more issues and the car comes through!
This is really interesting to know! I myself took a cancelled polar white c250 with 19s from a lease company after being messed around with another one earlier this year. I was told it will be here mid May. Anyway the price increase is a joke, im paying nearly an extra £46.52 a month more than my c220 i already have from january. But what i havnt been told until i read this is about having a new aplication based on pricing. I know that if u change the specs of the vehicle you have to pass their credit or be within their limits. I have been told by mercedes i can only order one more c class but not anytime soon or ive gone over. BUT reading this i now need to make sure i am paying the same price than what i have been quoted for, and ive already signed the papers, just last friday! Thank you for bringing this to attention!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:13 AM

BMW 330d
Unhappy Further update

Originally Posted by simon.allen

This is getting beyond ridiculous now. Here I was, checking insurance quotes on my new C250 (circa £600 btw, significantly less than what I was expecting!) which I was expecting to receive within the next week. But I've just got off the phone with my leasing company and they've now given me a turnaround date in the first week of June!!

What a load of tosh!

I'm getting really frustrated and I don't know who to believe anymore. The following is a list of dates I've been given so far:
* mid-April
* June
* July
* August
* May
* June
Old 05-06-2015, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Surely at this point you'd go with another company?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:57 AM

BMW 330d
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Surely at this point you'd go with another company?
Hardly anyone has a W205 of my preferred specs in stock, so trying with another company will mean placing a fresh new order and joining the back of the queue again. And I really don't want to wait until August or later!

On the flip side, I did get a call from Mercedes today and they were able to confirm that my vehicle is scheduled for delivery between 28th May and 6th June. Mercedes usually then have a turnaround time of 48 hours after receiving the vehicle. The last thing I want to deal with is having to reject the delivery when it comes to me because of any damage.

Well at least my fears of having placed an order with a dodgy leasing company have been allayed
Old 05-07-2015, 03:05 PM

C 250 AMG
I ordered my C250 AMG (UK) in December 2014 and still haven't got it. I've been told early June for delivery. They claimed that production of my vehicle was taking place in south Africa but the process is moving back to Germany at some point this year. The German turn around time was 3 months but unfortunately my order was sent to South Africa. My original date was May but it was put back due to a back log. I hope I still want it when it arrives.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.