C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Delayed......again (UK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Chickenwinglim
I ordered my C250 AMG (UK) in December 2014 and still haven't got it. I've been told early June for delivery. They claimed that production of my vehicle was taking place in south Africa but the process is moving back to Germany at some point this year. The German turn around time was 3 months but unfortunately my order was sent to South Africa. My original date was May but it was put back due to a back log. I hope I still want it when it arrives.
Hi, Your dealer should be able to let you have the factory build sheet or data card (sorry I'm not sure of the exact name). This gives target or estimated dates for production, delivery at port and final delivery. Around the time it's built the VIN will appear in the build sheet and when it's left the factory it will show as "ex-factory".

Like you I'm in the UK and ordered my C200 in December for an end of May delivery. My order included the 360 camera and Airmatic suspension which, at the time, were the two options that were causing most delays. I was told a few days ago that my car is still on schedule for delivery in a couple of weeks. It was built in South Africa on or around 7th April and I understand shipping to the UK typically takes this long.

Please let me know what you discover about delivery of your car as it'll be interesting to compare. BTW I'm still confident the C Class is a great car and that I made the right choice and, if necessary, that it'd be worth waiting a little longer than planned. The main alternative I'd consider would be the Jaguar XE but for that I'd have to wait another year as I don't like all the potential quality problems that commonly occur during the first year of production of any new car model.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by Roger Bill
Hi, Your dealer should be able to let you have the factory build sheet or data card (sorry I'm not sure of the exact name). This gives target or estimated dates for production, delivery at port and final delivery. Around the time it's built the VIN will appear in the build sheet and when it's left the factory it will show as "ex-factory".

Like you I'm in the UK and ordered my C200 in December for an end of May delivery. My order included the 360 camera and Airmatic suspension which, at the time, were the two options that were causing most delays. I was told a few days ago that my car is still on schedule for delivery in a couple of weeks. It was built in South Africa on or around 7th April and I understand shipping to the UK typically takes this long.
Mine was built on 8th April, so should be on the same ship. I'm also expecting delivery at the end of this month, but will take a couple of days more, I suspect, as they have to paint/fit the spoiler.

BTW - I've had no luck, at all, in being able to track the shipping, using the VIN on the W&W site - have you? ( I hope the bloody thing isn't still sat on the Docks in East London!)
Old 05-08-2015, 05:31 AM

Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Hi Guys,

I spoke to my leasing company yesterday and A ship from SA reached the UK this week and apparently my car is on it, maybe yours may be on it too. I couldnt get any tracking info as the Leasing company dont really care nor deal with that. But there are 2 deliveries a moth via ship from SA so maybe yours may be here? Apparently it will take another 2 weeks to get the car as there are so many cars to dealt with. I dont know if anyone else is expecting a car this month and have been told the same about the ship arriving from SA, but it will be good to know. Hope we all get our cars!
Old 05-08-2015, 05:35 AM

W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by jolt8631
BTW - I've had no luck, at all, in being able to track the shipping, using the VIN on the W&W site - have you? ( I hope the bloody thing isn't still sat on the Docks in East London!)
Nope, like you I've not been able to find mine on the W&W website. My guess/hope is that it has come or is coming with another shipping company. If I chop off the last three or four digits from my VIN the W&W tracking website page shows lots of cars but those I checked were destined for Australia or New Zealand. Unfortunately I don't know which other shipping companies MB use between South Africa and Europe, although I was told UK cars come via Zeebrugge.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:01 PM

Mercedes C300 Estate
Well week 20 has come and gone and nothing more from the leasing company....beginning to wonder if this thing will ever arrive. We're now into 7 months....
Old 05-15-2015, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Time to look into another car... A long time ago imho.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:15 PM

Mercedes C300 Estate
Problem is what else....took ages to settle on the Merc, the combination of tax, performance etc is hard to match. Really like the Lexus IS300H F Sport but the boot is just too small.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Time to look into another car... A long time ago imho.
I am regretting having to say this, but I am with Maniac. It sounds like all this bunch have done is fed you with empty promises.

Do they have your VIN Number, or anything else to say the car is actually in/post production. I think I would be getting some factual answers or walking. As I say, I know how painful that would be - but if they simply shrug their shoulders, then your pretty certain the car isn't built.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:14 PM

Mercedes C300 Estate
I now have a revised delivery window - first week of June.

How much £££ says this doesn't happen?!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by fizzicist
I now have a revised delivery window - first week of June.

How much £££ says this doesn't happen?!
Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Mine is now at the dealer - they've completed the spoiler painting/fitting, along with the de-badging. Trouble is that my work means I can't get up pick it up, for, at least, a couple of weeks, so I've arranged for a car transporter to deliver it (I tried DHL, but they couldn't find a box big enough ) - I guess I'm impatient, after all this time!!
Old 05-23-2015, 06:28 PM

W205 (on order)
Hey all,

Been following this thread for a while and thought I'd let you know where I am at..

Ordered my dads W205 back in September (DTD) agreed price with a MB up north (Hull)... Very displeased with the delays.

We were initially told Mid-Feb but as it was so close to March (15 plate) we asked them to skip our slot and wait for the next one. Big mistake as our next slot was much later. They said that's because I ordered the 360 camera which made my slot go to somebody else. I was really annoyed I wasn't told that this option was actually putting the car on hold. Anyway I had to scrap that option and my next slot was mid April build date. I've been told the car is on a ship to zubrugge and delivery window is 28th may-7th June. Same as another member here so I'm hoping our car is on the same ship.

Ordered
C220 AMG Line
Auto
Premium pack
Polar white
Red leather
Intelligent lighting
19s in grey
360 camera (now cancelled)

Asked for de-badge also, think the dealer will do this. Any issues with damaged paintwork from the de-badge? Any pics of people with it de-badged?

I didn't know a spoiler was available, I see one of you is getting it sprayed and fitted here in UK. How much is this costing you? I think the car really needs a spoiler
Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 AM

Hi - nice build (shame about the 360 camera - I too wanted this, but gave up, in the end).

De badging should leave no artefacts or damage.

The boot spoiler is available as an OEM accessory - the cost is £457 supplied, painted and fitted by the Dealer. Hopefully it'll be OK.

I'll post some pics when I get it.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:17 PM

W205 AMG prem+ (waiting delivery)
Hi - nice build (shame about the 360 camera - I too wanted this, but gave up, in the end).

De badging should leave no artefacts or damage.

The boot spoiler is available as an OEM accessory - the cost is £457 supplied, painted and fitted by the Dealer. Hopefully it'll be OK.

I'll post some pics when I get it.
Oh my 457 quid are they sprinkling some magic Mercedes dust on it?

Sure this wont be OEM but £120 for the lip of ebay & £80 to paint & install.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by karan538
Oh my 457 quid are they sprinkling some magic Mercedes dust on it?

Sure this wont be OEM but £120 for the lip of ebay & £80 to paint & install.
Agree it isn't cheap - I forgot to ask about what type of dust they are intending to use!

I made a conscious decision to go OEM , as I bought an eBay one, for my W204 and the darned thing was so mis-shapen that I couldn't get it to stay in place (as it had a "warp" that prevented one side from staying down, even with extra 3M tape). I was worried sick about the darned thing coming off, at speed - so it stayed in my garage....
Old 05-24-2015, 06:15 PM

W205 AMG prem+ (waiting delivery)
Agree it isn't cheap - I forgot to ask about what type of dust they are intending to use!

I made a conscious decision to go OEM , as I bought an eBay one, for my W204 and the darned thing was so mis-shapen that I couldn't get it to stay in place (as it had a "warp" that prevented one side from staying down, even with extra 3M tape). I was worried sick about the darned thing coming off, at speed - so it stayed in my garage....
Yeah fair enough, I guess the cost with Mercedes is a bit excessive but then you wont have to worry about quality / fitting as it would be perfect
Old 05-25-2015, 04:40 AM

Audi A4 2.0 TDI Black Edition
Has anyone got a photo that shows the dealer fit spoiler?

Last edited by Quonker; 05-25-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by karan538
Yeah fair enough, I guess the cost with Mercedes is a bit excessive but then you wont have to worry about quality / fitting as it would be perfect
Not if their rear bumper fitment is anything to go by.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Quonker
Has anyone got a photo that shows the dealer fit spoiler?

Vic detailed the part numbers for the the accessory and AMG spoilers, in this thread.
There are now plenty of photos of the AMG models, so you can compare. I've gone for the less extreme accessory version.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...er-anyone.html
Old 06-02-2015, 03:52 PM

Mercedes C300 Estate
Progress, I now have a registration number (which I want to check the spec with as I don't trust the lease co at all now) and a delivery date of the 11th June.

Tick follow tock....
Old 06-14-2015, 05:26 AM

BMW 330d
Final update on order

I was really happy to receive my C250 AMG Line Premium Plus on Friday. It is definitely worth all the delivery anxiety.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW E46
Waiting game

I have been allocated a reg number and a vin number, i take its not long to go now. I have been told its going to be delivered via road... Almost 300miles from the dealership in dorset.. Is that normal?? I thought it would be a deliverd via trailer. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:37 AM

C250d Estate AMG Line
Did it arrive ?

Originally Posted by fizzicist
Progress, I now have a registration number (which I want to check the spec with as I don't trust the lease co at all now) and a delivery date of the 11th June.

Tick follow tock....
Well ?
Old 06-14-2015, 11:41 AM

W205 (on order)
Picking ours up tomorrow. It's been here for a week at the dealer but we just couldn't make the time to go and collect it so after all that wait, I have to wait another week lol. Anyway tomorrow is the day, cannot wait!!! I reminded the dealer to remove the rear badges (like the de-badge look) on anything other than a C63 of course...let's hope they remembered.

Anyone know if that could damage the paintwork? If it does I'll ask them not to take it off but if it's risk free I'd like it off.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:41 AM

C250d Estate AMG Line
Originally Posted by CrazySyd
I have been allocated a reg number and a vin number, i take its not long to go now. I have been told its going to be delivered via road... Almost 300miles from the dealership in dorset.. Is that normal?? I thought it would be a deliverd via trailer. Any advice would be appreciated.
Delivery by road seems to be all that's included in the price, I'm sure they'll quote you a trailer delivery, but be £££

277 Miles for mine, I'm going to pick it up myself, don't fancy someone who wants to be home for dinner ragging the **** off it.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:10 PM

Mercedes C300 Estate
Got it. Love it.

Brakes aren't inspiring but only got 180 miles on it so far

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.