C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

360 degree camera UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw m3
Originally Posted by Roger Bill
Just visited a different Mercedes dealer. They confirmed UK C Class cars with the Premium packages are still being made in Germany unlike lower spec cars which come from South Africa. Also learnt that Airmatic cars will start being delivered in December and cars ordered today with Airmatic should be delivered in March. Unfortunately I forgot to ask about delivery for the 360 degree camera option.

If thats the case with airmatic, then Im willing to drop the 360 camera and wait until december, I just need my dealer to confirm this, sadly their customer service is very poor, Im trying to get an answer these last 5 weeks and they keep saying they"ll call me back and they never do.

I"ll wait tomorrow as well and if they dont get back to me I will try a more aggressive approach with them
Old 11-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by Roger Bill
Just visited a different Mercedes dealer. They confirmed UK C Class cars with the Premium packages are still being made in Germany unlike lower spec cars which come from South Africa. Also learnt that Airmatic cars will start being delivered in December and cars ordered today with Airmatic should be delivered in March. Unfortunately I forgot to ask about delivery for the 360 degree camera option.
It will be interesting to see actual source of delivery. SA is making Premium Package cars for it's own market ~ why not all RHD. They have the RHD contract.

While this could be true, I sometimes think dealers talk crap to get customers off their back.

See here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6215348 Post #34

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 11-02-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw m3
^ I would agree that most dealers would say anything to make their life easier.

After 6 weeks of waiting to get back on me with info about my order, it was only after I left politeness behind and demanded some real info, they got back yesterday saying that my order id due for making in end of January, delivery end of March.

Order was placed in June and contains Airmatic and 360 camera. Thats 9 months waiting..

Im willing to wait and get my car as I want it, but I would also expect more from mercedes dealers in terms of customer service during the waiting period, instead they gave me 3 different dates of delivery, making me wait and at the end it seemed they didnt knew what they were talking about.