C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-29-2015, 03:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

S Class Coupé steering wheel mod.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S205
Sportstick you need to simplify how you present your arguments. You are trying to bully me by being overly eloquent. Not to start an argument on that issue, but i have seen you use that tactic before towardz others.

I think i understand what you are saying, i read it and I re-read it, but i also think that you are contradicting yourself, and it all becomes lost in a fog of words.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Eilers
Sportstick you need to simplify how you present your arguments. You are trying to bully me by being overly eloquent. Not to start an argument on that issue, but i have seen you use that tactic before towardz others.

I think i understand what you are saying, i read it and I re-read it, but i also think that you are contradicting yourself, and it all becomes lost in a fog of words.
I'm sorry if you feel my writing and speaking style are negative...probably too much time in post-grad. Not a tactic...just my natural style. I've never had anyone personalize it as "bullying" before....need to think about that one.

With the prior detail as background, stated succinctly, smaller cars may need faster deploying bags, possibly larger, than do larger cars, to pass required tests. I've stood with the crash engineers at the barrier facility to watch and learn. Don't let my writing take away from the issue.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:30 PM

S205
Anyone with an advanced education and social intelligence, is capable of communicating with the community at large. I could regurtitage some quite extreme examples from you here, where you simply Steam Roll over some guy with your words, without ever having a very strong point. But as you say, this is your writing style. I don't make the rules, and I most certainly do not write as well as you do. English is only my 3rd language. But maybe try to space it out a bit, make it simpler to read and understand. The goal is i hope not to win every argument, even by default of the one you were speaking to.

I hope I get yout point with small cars, but i do not think you get my point with decelleration force and how the timing of the impact that spreads from point of impact to the position of the driver is a variable in relation to mass.

I am fairly sure that for normal sized family cars, you can overcome the large vs small car issue, by adjusting the timing via the pulse which is sent to deploy the airbag.

Which means that you can use the same airbag on different sized cars in a manufacturers range. The pulse can be sent earlier on the small car, and later on the larger car. As long as the airbag is able to deploy as required, the mission is accomplished.

At some point you may reach a limit as you state, but as Vic also tells us, this does not seem to be the case with Mercedes models of quite different sizes. They all use the same air bag.

Last edited by Eilers; 12-05-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
I never said that all use the same air bags, however some models share the same units.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Anyone with an advanced education and social intelligence, is capable of communicating with the community at large. I could regurtitage some quite extreme examples from you here, where you simply Steam Roll over some guy with your words, without ever having a very strong point. But as you say, this is your writing style. I don't make the rules, and I most certainly do not write as well as you do. English is only my 3rd language. But maybe try to space it out a bit, make it simpler to read and understand. The goal is i hope not to win every argument, even by default of the one you were speaking to.
What follows is off-topic for this thread, but I won't prolong this personal digression you initiated. My prior answer was attempting to be non-confrontational so we could move on with the actual topic, but now you've added "steam roll" to "bully", and your level of invective is beyond my interest. I don't think any of us devote the detail to each sentence in a forum posting that one might in Master's Thesis, so some natural and less than optimal language may occur. But, clearly, you and I don't seem to communicate well in this language. I am confident in my skills and the responses of most in MBWorld after many thousands of my posts, despite your opening implication. So, rather than prolong the agony for either of us, perhaps you might return me to your "ignore" list after the Parthian Shot you are likely to take next. As well, I've mostly learned what I need to know about the W205 for my potential spousal purchase, so I will also make this easier for you. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Glynn...best wishes always!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:53 PM

S205
Originally Posted by vic viper
I never said that all use the same air bags, however some models share the same units.
Yes, I understood as much. Was not tring to make it look as if you stated that. The reference to substantiate my point, was that you specifically mentioned several mercedes models of different size, to which all used the same airbag.

I noticed many times in the past, how steering wheel and apparent airbag design is used across a whole range of models. Audi, BMW, VW is no different.

When you looked this airbag up, did you happen to notice if the leather airbag comes in expresso brown?
Old 12-05-2014, 04:11 PM

S205
Originally Posted by Sportstick
What follows is off-topic for this thread, but I won't prolong this personal digression you initiated. My prior answer was attempting to be non-confrontational so we could move on with the actual topic, but now you've added "steam roll" to "bully", and your level of invective is beyond my interest. I don't think any of us devote the detail to each sentence in a forum posting that one might in Master's Thesis, so some natural and less than optimal language may occur. But, clearly, you and I don't seem to communicate well in this language. I am confident in my skills and the responses of most in MBWorld after many thousands of my posts, despite your opening implication. So, rather than prolong the agony for either of us, perhaps you might return me to your "ignore" list after the Parthian Shot you are likely to take next. As well, I've mostly learned what I need to know about the W205 for my potential spousal purchase, so I will also make this easier for you. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Appreciate you thinking that your high post count and feedback from this bord entitles you.

I joined my first car forum in 1995, (AC Cobra cars) back when most users here, had never heard of the internet. With 20 years online, and 25 years of motorsports comes a lot of experience and admittedly also a lot of cynicsism. Some of that cynicsism come natually with age also. - You would have to agree on that last point. But you know what. my cynicsism is usually well placed.

So all the best to you too. I have to assume from your response that we will not be talking again.

Last edited by Eilers; 12-05-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: type o
Old 12-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
I like the button mod. Thanks for posting some good photos. Always great to see how the car has been put together.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Vic

Fantastic job - very impressed.

Really love the look of the stitched Airbag unit - if only it weren't so rich then I would definitely consider (guess that's one of the "perks"!

For me, whilst I get the improvement in the quality look/feel of the switches, I would probably retain the extra contrast from the black - but, hey, it is purely a personal thing and that is the whole point of customising - to get it exactly how you want it.

Thanks again for the write up - it will be a great help for those following. Well done.

Last edited by jolt8631; 12-06-2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: correction
Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
I actually have been thinking about swapping back, the reason being that the new buttons have white illumination instead of the standard amber.
It matches the instrument cluster lighting color very well but then again I am a sucker for details.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by Sportstick

Glynn...best wishes always!
Sportstick. You are welcome to post here at any time. As a previous staff member at MBWorld your standards of decorum have always been beyond reproach.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vic viper
I actually have been thinking about swapping back, the reason being that the new buttons have white illumination instead of the standard amber.
It matches the instrument cluster lighting color very well but then again I am a sucker for details.
I actually think that contrasting black buttons looks better.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:02 AM

S205
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Sportstick. You are welcome to post here at any time. As a previous staff member at MBWorld your standards of decorum have always been beyond reproach.
If you can comment, with your personal opinion, so can I.

I disagree, His decorum is appaling. He is extremely argumentative, which in itself is not a problem. But when challenged his Modus operandi is to overwhelm the person he is debating with (ever increasing) overly complicated propositions, sentenses and obscure references.

His supposed Post Grad is also pulled out faster then you can say Wyatt Earp. Yes is "Post Grad" by the way and not "Post-Grad" Funny someone with a Post Grad, being so eloquent would not know this.

It is grandstanding, and I personally find a total lack of decorum from his side.

There : one positive review and one negative. Balance restored.

Last edited by Eilers; 12-06-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:33 PM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
2021 Mojave Silver E450, BRG Jaguar F-pace S, 2011 335d (RIP), 2010 E350 (sold)
If you can comment, with your personal opinion, so can I.

I disagree, His decorum is appaling. He is extremely argumentative, which in itself is not a problem. But when challenged his Modus operandi is to overwhelm the person he is debating with (ever increasing) overly complicated propositions, sentenses and obscure references.

His supposed Post Grad is also pulled out faster then you can say Wyatt Earp. Yes is "Post Grad" by the way and not "Post-Grad" Funny someone with a Post Grad, being so eloquent would not know this.

It is grandstanding, and I personally find a total lack of decorum from his side.

There : one positive review and one negative. Balance restored.
No, I don't agree with you here. I am with Glyn on this one.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Could we please drop this?
Old 12-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Enough guys. Take your bickering to PM & you might learn something. Let Vic get on with his thread.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Are the buttons aluminum? Maybe you can customize even further ..black anodizing, amber illumination
Old 12-06-2014, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
My guess is that the buttons are made of the same "metallic" coated surface as the surrounding trim, most likely plastic as base, led.s are most likely surface mounted and not easily replaced.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:22 PM

2013 650i GC
Old 12-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
^ Absolutely hilarious
Old 12-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
Originally Posted by PeteInGilroy
^ Absolutely hilarious
And posted about 40 posts too late

BTW, Vic, I like what you've done!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:28 AM

C250
Awesome

This is great. I have always wanted the leather stitch steering cover. If you were in Aus I would pay you to get mine done!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200
Hi
Can you post the P/N Number from the airbag ?
thx !
regards richard
Old 12-26-2014, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by Croc
This is great. I have always wanted the leather stitch steering cover. If you were in Aus I would pay you to get mine done!

Actually might be going there this fall, my uncle lives near Sydney

The Airbag unit part numbers:

A0008601302 7J20 Basalt gray stitching
A0008601302 9E38 Black stitching
Old 01-02-2015, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Thanks for sharing this mod. I too am a sucker of details (I've got a R231 leather airbag for my upcoming S212 which comes with a plastic one). Very interesting that the LED color is different between the silver and black buttons.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S Class Coupé steering wheel mod.