C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Traffic Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2014 | 12:48 PM

C220 AMG Line
Traffic Updates

Hi

Just taken delivery of a lovely C220 BlueTec AMD Line with Premium Plus package. So far i'm in love!

One thing that is on my mind though relates to the sat-nav traffic updates. So far I have not seen any eveidence of traffic on any routes I have recently undertaken - and believe me there should have been.

Am I missing something? I assume that the traffic updates are transmitted over radio and do not require my phone to be connected? Is the traffic meant to show on the display?

Cheers
Old 12-05-2014 | 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Too long to explain. P87 of command manual. Just FYI only works when its guiding you somewhere. If just displaying the map, no report will show up.
Old 12-05-2014 | 02:31 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by Dunnaldo
Hi

Just taken delivery of a lovely C220 BlueTec AMD Line with Premium Plus package. So far i'm in love!

One thing that is on my mind though relates to the sat-nav traffic updates. So far I have not seen any eveidence of traffic on any routes I have recently undertaken - and believe me there should have been.

Am I missing something? I assume that the traffic updates are transmitted over radio and do not require my phone to be connected? Is the traffic meant to show on the display?

Cheers
In Canada the traffic updates are sent via sirius sat radio. I had to call sirius to activate it on what I assume to be a trial basis. They may eventually start charging for the service which sucks considering your standard garmin gps, and google maps on my phone has this function for free. There is also a way to get the command system to read out the traffic along your route including the average speed in the affected area.
Old 12-05-2014 | 03:52 PM

W205 C250 Bluetec Sport
Hi

Cheers
Hey, the traffic has been working well on my W205 (UK) whilst being guided by the nav. Re-routing has been slick although always questionable about time saving when coming off the motorway to avoid traffic.

Worth doing a factory reset?
Old 12-05-2014 | 09:19 PM

2023 EQE 500
Angry

Originally Posted by jbbeauso
In Canada the traffic updates are sent via sirius sat radio. I had to call sirius to activate it on what I assume to be a trial basis. They may eventually start charging for the service which sucks considering your standard garmin gps, and google maps on my phone has this function for free. There is also a way to get the command system to read out the traffic along your route including the average speed in the affected area.
Hi
i have been having issues with Sirius Canada over traffic info... took delivery of a C400 back in sept, they kept telling me traffic was not available for my radio in canada yet (travel link), hopefully by the end of the year...out of the blue, i started getting traffic coverage about two weeks ago, but it stopped this evening. called again and same story.. not available in canada, it worked because we had a free trial on the US side !!!

anyone else with a 2015 C300/C400 experiencing issues with Sirius traffic ?
Old 12-06-2014 | 03:00 AM

2015 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by iammrsam
Hi
i have been having issues with Sirius Canada over traffic info... took delivery of a C400 back in sept, they kept telling me traffic was not available for my radio in canada yet (travel link), hopefully by the end of the year...out of the blue, i started getting traffic coverage about two weeks ago, but it stopped this evening. called again and same story.. not available in canada, it worked because we had a free trial on the US side !!!

it seems my command nav color codes the highway traffic and the road that i am driving on.

I am pretty sure it wasnt there before, but i did call sirius sat link twice and hanged up before i could achieve anything.
Old 12-06-2014 | 07:25 AM

2015 C400 4matic W205
Originally Posted by iammrsam
Hi

The first time I called them to activate they told me it wasn't available in Canada which made no sense. I called back a second time and they were able to activate it. It has been working for me ever since.....
Old 12-08-2014 | 03:29 AM

2014 C Class Saloon C250 Diesel AMG Line RWD, Nissan GTR
I am in the UK with Command 20. The traffic was working great, until a couple of weeks ago, when for no reason it stopped re-routing etc. Went back to the dealer who updated the software and started working again.

This morning, stopped working. I will give it a couple of days, in case there was no traffic information being broadcast and see where it goes, but I can see another trip to the dealer on the cards. Pretty poor if the software is this buggy.
Old 12-09-2014 | 05:28 AM

C220 AMG Line
Hi All

Thanks for all the responses.

I took the car back to the main dealer and it was taken in straight away for a quick diagnostic. After 45 minutes it came back and the helpful service guy said that even though everything checked out it still wasn't working. It's now booked in for a day to have a deeper look.

However, on the way home it started working! Maybe a factory reset has helped but i am tempted to let the car go back in for a thorough going over - maybe i'll get a newer software update?
Old 12-09-2014 | 11:48 AM

W205 C250 Bluetec Sport
It can't hurt to get them to take a better look at it. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2014 | 10:26 PM

2015 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
The first time I called them to activate they told me it wasn't available in Canada which made no sense. I called back a second time and they were able to activate it. It has been working for me ever since.....
I had my traffic info for a few weeks but maybe two weeks ago it stopped showing traffic. called them today and they said no its not available. I was like "what? i used it for the past few weeks. what do you mean not available?"

apparently im going to call them again like you did
Old 12-20-2014 | 03:03 PM

2016 C220 AMG Line Premium Plus Coupe
Hi

Cheers
mine is the same.
I have the same model but no premium plus.