C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Crystal Grey MB-Tex + Black Ash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2014 | 10:53 AM

S205
Originally Posted by StanNH
I have the high gloss burl walnut on my C300. Quite frankly, I like the look of the open pore Ash better, but that's only available as part of the complete Sport package here. Without Sport, the choice is Piano Black, a fairly dark Linden, or the Walnut. All three feature a high gloss finish.

I have seen one light scratch in the three months I've owned the car. Dealing with wood finishes all the time, I expect a simple wood wax will easily fix that. As time goes on, I'll keep some wax on the wood to help protect it. If it gets scratched again, I'll fix it with more wax or some light buffing compound. I might even use a pumice solution to take the shine down to what is called an eggshell finish ... something I do very often with high gloss wood finishes. It's all very simple and doesn't take much time, given the small areas that are actually covered in a wood veneer.

I'm not sure how one would treat the Piano Black which is, as I understand it, plastic.
Valuable info, thank you very much.
Old 12-12-2014 | 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
I've never had any issues with my wood over many models owned but as Stan says it's easy to fix if you have. Unlike Alu/Stainless plastic that's scratched.

I'm told by my dealer that the light Linden wood/"linestructure" lime wood will be offered in a matt/rubbed look as an option next year. Suspect that is what we see in the Coupe pic.

Black birdseye maple might also return. Love it.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 12-12-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2014 | 12:18 PM

S205
"Stainless Plastic" ... must remember that one.... hehe..
Old 12-17-2014 | 07:02 PM
MBW Editor

Audi A4
Michelin Presents Wallpaper Wednesday: Beautiful C-Class Interiors

The color, pattern and material combos in these C-Class interior images really transport me. One look and I'm whisked away to a mythical dream land where roads are paved in licorice, buildings are made of graham crackers, and all clouds are cotton candy.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage. >>
Old 12-17-2014 | 07:16 PM

2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by ManuelCarrillo3

The color, pattern and material combos in these C-Class interior images really transport me. One look and I'm whisked away to a mythical dream land where roads are paved in licorice, buildings are made of graham crackers, and all clouds are cotton candy.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage. >>

I think I heard a string quartet playing softly as baby birds chirped in the distance reading your post.