C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by chutak
My c400 came with floormats and wheels bearing the amg badge, so count me in for poser crowd too.
It's only posing if you add AMG badges to the rear of the vehicle where the model designation is etc. So it's fine if the floormats and wheels have AMG badging since they're actual AMG accessories etc. Plus you're not pretending that your cars a AMG when it's not.

Last edited by kuba.95; 01-27-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
I think this begs the question...

Since you don't appear to own a non AMG, why are you in this section?
I own a 2013 GL550 non-AMG.....now buzz off!

P.S. I will not be sticking AMG badges on it anytime soon even though it has AMG wheels on it from the factory.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
My c400 came with floormats and wheels bearing the amg badge, so count me in for poser crowd too.
No worries, my w204 c350 came with AMG Plus Package which included AMG black spoke wheels, amg mats, red stitching and red seatbelts. I seriously doubt we are posers.

When I ordered my c350, my dealer "did" put AMG license frames on my car in both front and back. I quickly removed them upon inspection/delivery. They questioned why I removed the frames and I stated the car is not a real AMG.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by jrcart
I own a 2013 GL550 non-AMG.....now buzz off!
You're a real class act.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:44 PM
MBW Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Page Coverage

interesting thread. We thought the front page crowd would find it interesting too...
https://mbworld.org/articles/amg-spo...line-question/
Old 01-28-2015, 05:58 PM

2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by JonathonK
interesting thread. We thought the front page crowd would find it interesting too...
https://mbworld.org/articles/amg-spo...line-question/
yeah i guess attracting a whole new segment of drivers who thinks the regular mercedes are too mundane and the amgs too expensive are a -bad- thing. just keep leaving that money on the table for bmw/audi right?

but for me personally if they'd just add awd to the c63 as they did for every other amg i would have been first in line with my deposit. as it stands the c450 is the sportiest w205 that also has awd. a compromise product that has the best balance of both worlds.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:47 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Regarding the front page article.....it's very telling when the higher ups aligned with MBWorld support the uninformed, narrow-minded garbage spewed by a couple of AMG enthusiasts. Over at Bimmerpost, the forums were abuzz when the M235 was released - which is the only current MPerformance vehicle available in North America that will/can compare to the C450. In the world of BMW, your range-wide "M-Sport" packages and all of the "M's" that you get slapped all over everything are just cosmetic. Other than a slightly lowered stance on the RWD models and stiffer suspensions, M Sport is about as compelling to an enthusiast as the cosmetic AMG packages are on a Benz.

There were a few clashes when your typical noob buyer/owner tried to liken the M235 to a proper M car vs true BMW enthusiasts who knew it had some M DNA in it (30% ish) but was otherwise just a damned good BMW. The hoopla died down after a few months when 1) the M235 proved itself a very competent car and 2) noob owners actually realized they'd purchased a very competent car and ceased referring to it as a "real" M. Unlike here at MBWorld, the admins and mods over at Bimmerpost or any other BMW community forum didn't fuel the ignorance (on both sides of the argument) by posting the likes of what was on this forum's front page.

The C450 will have some proper AMG DNA in it also which will make it a competent performer in its own right. And that little bit of DNA might just deserve a tiny "AMG" badge on the fender if it performs as it was designed to. For the uneducated who've done nothing but b itch because you've no clue what that performance level is, you'll have to wait for the auto mags (and future owners) to reiterate what MB has been saying all along; the C450 will competently fill the gap between the comfort/luxury biased C lineup and the hardcore, performance biased C63. Period. Nothing more, nothing less. And there'll be plenty of C450 owners down the road who'll say "damn that's a great car but...wonder what an AMG would be like?" Voila, a new AMG customer is born! Not that I'd want to join this crowd though if this type of self righteous behaviour is typical of the brand.

Last edited by Mark's M; 01-28-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,418 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I'm gunna put c450 amg-sport on my e63.... That should make everyone happy
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 PM

2015 C400
Bunch of babies. Who cares if non AMGs get badged with AMG. If you're only buying an AMG because the badge makes you feel special and superior than you need to examine your own shallow motives. If you're buying an AMG for the performance than how does abuse of the AMG badge hurt you? You get to enjoy a real AMG and these fake AMG drivers don't.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
When they talk about posing they are talking about throwing an AMG badge on the back of the car. Thats posing. Its pretending to be something its not.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:59 AM

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
It looks like MB is copying the marketing concept that both Lexus did with its "F-Sport" and BMW did with its "M-Sport". For people who either can't afford or handle the true "F" or "M" series vehicles, both companies came up with the idea of making some minor cosmetic changes and a maybe slightly stiffer suspension and better braking system to their base models. That way they could justify slapping on a "F-Sport" or "M-Sport" badge on the car and charging thousands of dollars more for what is essentially still the same base model car. The customers get the delusion of thinking they're driving something close to the true performance "F" and M" series vehicles for tens of thousands less. While in reality, they're of course nothing close to the high-end vehicles. Personally, I think it detracts from the overall brand, because it blurs the uniqueness associated with the high-end exclusivity associated with the badges.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:46 AM

2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by Mark's M
Regarding the front page article.....it's very telling when the higher ups aligned with MBWorld support the uninformed, narrow-minded garbage spewed by a couple of AMG enthusiasts. Over at Bimmerpost, the forums were abuzz when the M235 was released - which is the only current MPerformance vehicle available in North America that will/can compare to the C450. In the world of BMW, your range-wide "M-Sport" packages and all of the "M's" that you get slapped all over everything are just cosmetic. Other than a slightly lowered stance on the RWD models and stiffer suspensions, M Sport is about as compelling to an enthusiast as the cosmetic AMG packages are on a Benz.

There were a few clashes when your typical noob buyer/owner tried to liken the M235 to a proper M car vs true BMW enthusiasts who knew it had some M DNA in it (30% ish) but was otherwise just a damned good BMW. The hoopla died down after a few months when 1) the M235 proved itself a very competent car and 2) noob owners actually realized they'd purchased a very competent car and ceased referring to it as a "real" M. Unlike here at MBWorld, the admins and mods over at Bimmerpost or any other BMW community forum didn't fuel the ignorance (on both sides of the argument) by posting the likes of what was on this forum's front page.
i agree that the article was poorly done and quite unprofessional. not only did it only show one side of the argument (the side the author took) but the quote that was displayed frankly shouldnt be front page on any respectable website.

bimmerpost articles usually judge the cars for what it is and does so from a performance perspective with informative content. notice how this one only talks about badge distinction and butthurt purist feelings. pure troll headline and clickbait. disappointing.

just poor judgement overall.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:44 AM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by PaulE550
It looks like MB is copying the marketing concept that both Lexus did with its "F-Sport" and BMW did with its "M-Sport". For people who either can't afford or handle the true "F" or "M" series vehicles, both companies came up with the idea of making some minor cosmetic changes and a maybe slightly stiffer suspension and better braking system to their base models. That way they could justify slapping on a "F-Sport" or "M-Sport" badge on the car and charging thousands of dollars more for what is essentially still the same base model car. The customers get the delusion of thinking they're driving something close to the true performance "F" and M" series vehicles for tens of thousands less. While in reality, they're of course nothing close to the high-end vehicles. Personally, I think it detracts from the overall brand, because it blurs the uniqueness associated with the high-end exclusivity associated with the badges.
Sorry but you are mistaken, the AMG Sport models are more than cosmetic. Read up on the MPerformance line (M235, M550d, etc). They are different than the dime a dozen M Sport models across all of BMW's lines. Same difference between an Audi S-Line package on an A3, A4 and A5 vs an S3, S4 and S5....the former being cosmetic, the latter a true performance lineup but still not the level of their RS models. Way too many people are confusing an AMG styling pkg on the C lineup with the new AMG Sport lineup of which the C450 is a member.

Instead of calling out the C450 as a poser, IMO the admins and mods on this forum should be educating the MB community on this difference...and it's significance to MB, AMG and enthusiasts who want more than just cosmetics but less than the hardcore performance of a proper AMG. That's the C450's niche. It's not a poser.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C 300
Originally Posted by PaulE550
I think the existing "Sport Package" on the C300 or C400 is the more accurate comparison to something like Lexus "F-Sport". Both mainly cosmetic changes with some other minor performance ones like you note (brakes). It sounds like the C450 is actually a much bigger step up in terms of performance.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 AM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2013 Mercedes Benz C350
I have a c350 with the AMG sports package with AMG floor mats and wheels. And yea I have AMG license plates but personally I would never put AMG on my trunk cause I think it just looks stupid if my trunk was C350 ///AMG, it doesn't make sense. I had a few people think it was a real AMG but I quickly educated them. People can do what they want, but you AMG owners don't need to get mad because someone wants to mess around with AMG badging. At the end of the day you're getting the real AMG experience and satisfaction, while the "posers" are riding around in their fake AMGs but at least we all get to enjoy the unrivaled luxury that Mercedes benz gives us.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:32 AM

W220- 2000 S320 German Import | W221 2008 S350 German | W205 C250 | W205 C180
My personal opinion is that Mercedes should not have stopped what they did with the Old C Class and E Class. That is offer Classic, Elegance, Avantguard and I think in the UK they offered Espirit or something.

This would be in line. Then again we can argue that Maybach has been diluted
Old 01-29-2015, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
I guess I'll join the conversation too (might as well, right? )

As a former C230 non-AMG owner and current C55 AMG owner, here's my stance.

I do appreciate that MB-AMG are creating an inbetween category with this "AMG sport package." They're taking the regular models, beefing up some of the performance and cosmetic options, main difference being it doesn't have the powerful AMG engine. However, it is still a respectable car and will probably perform pretty well by current standards.

It's also a smart business move by them, trying to appeal to all sorts of tastes and classes. Before the C-class, they were limited to only high end buyers between the E and S. Introducing the C-class allowed them to broaden their market and create a model that is a little bit cheaper to afford and resulted in picking up more buyers. What they are probably trying to do is pick up the buyers who want the performance of an AMG, can't afford it, and would normally resort to, for example, a BMW 335i with sport package, which is a solid performing car considering it's not one of the M models. And this being that they would rather get the 335i than say, a C350 because it performs better but without the price tag of an M or AMG.

As far as the badging is concerned, I can understand both viewpoints. I don't agree with them placing the same AMG badge on a non-AMG model. If it says AMG somewhere on the car, whatever, I just think on the trunk is a little misleading as it doesn't distinguish between an actual AMG and non-AMG. However, anyone who is a true MB enthusiast knows what it means so it shouldn't really matter anyway. I respect all MB's, not just the AMG models. The company as a whole produces cars that are well engineered and very nice, no matter which one you get.

I will say that yes, if you decide to stick the trunk badge on a non-AMG then you probably don't deserve to drive a MB and don't appreciate the integrity of the brand. AMG or not, it's a great car, don't try to make it something it's not.

That's all, just wanted to state my opinion.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:42 AM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by richardamp
I think the existing "Sport Package" on the C300 or C400 is the more accurate comparison to something like Lexus "F-Sport". Both mainly cosmetic changes with some other minor performance ones like you note (brakes). It sounds like the C450 is actually a much bigger step up in terms of performance.

Absolutely correct.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cars
This sums up the whole "poser" issue

Originally Posted by synaptik
first you said its not a real AMG until you spend 130k to 300k with it. then you dont have a problem with a 50k cla45 because its designed by AMG. private lounges, fast launch times, etc dont tell me what AMG stands for because the definition changes whenever its convenient for the company and for snobs like you. christ, even between amg fanboys there's arguments about the cla45.

seriously if you wanted a purer brand with the performance and exclusitivity to match, you shoulda gone with a ferrari. at the end of the day you share a mercedes badge with much cheaper and slower cars so don't act like you're a cut above. no one besides you gives a damn that you drive a "real" amg.

its like those ricers that step into a gtr and then pretend the rest of nissan isnt good enough for them.

please, i dont even have a mercedes. i dont care about the amg badge, who put it on which car or the lack of it on a c450. my whole post was to ridicule elitist fanboys and you've certainly risen up to the call.

Originally Posted by Jaxwired
Couple of thoughts on this interesting discussion. First of all, I would never want AMG badges on a non AMG car. That would be done by people that merely value the appearance of greatness rather actually having true greatness. In fact, I'd take a car with world class performance that appeared ordinary over a car that looked like it had world class performance but actually didn't.

I don't buy a car for the badges, I buy it for the performance and design. I personally couldn't care less about the AMG moniker. In fact, I could have bought the AMG CLA for what I paid for the C400, but IMO (and the opinion of quite a few reviewers) the c400 is the overall better car. For that matter, I didn't buy a Mercedes for badge bragging either. I'd gladly buy a Honda over the Mercedes if I liked the cars performance and design better.

I also do not believe that the numbers support that the CLA45 will "blow the doors off" the c450. Seems highly unlikely. More likely to be a photo finish as the cars will be very close in performance.

Ironically, where I live in a very affluent suburb of Dallas, I see AMGs all the time and 99 times out of a 100 they are driven in grandma mode. It would seem they are frequently purchased as a status symbol purely because they are the most expensive. When you think about it who's the real poser, me driving my C400 and exercising it's excellent performance or all these wealthy snobs driving their AMGs like a school bus?

Originally Posted by kuba.95
It was mostly synaptiks trolling etc which caused the fighting. If it was just your post then there probably would have been a debate without any fighting.

Yup every company will always be more interested in volume sales and profits rather then their fanbase etc. If I was a average Joe then I probably would have chosen a "C450 AMG Sport" over a "C450" just because the name would have sounded cooler and sportier lol, and I wouldn't have known anything about what AMG's are etc. (Most people actually don't know what a AMG is). Although owning a AMG was always my dream, and I always respected the brands history so MB degrading the AMG name stings a bit.

Ya that'd make sense since even the average joe probably heard about Mercedes pure domination in F1 from his friends.

I agree the C450 is here to stay, same as the Audi S Sport line, and the BMW Sport line. Although I'm glad that they changed the AMG badging and the AMG name slightly to create more differentiation. (AMG is called Mercedes-AMG now instead of Mercedes-Benz AMG, and the AMG badge is now on the left side instead of the right side.)

Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
The funny thing is that the AMG line models have been available overseas for years... sold and advertised by Mercedes as AMG line vehicles. Here's a lowly C200 diesel with the AMG line.

-

This elitism appears to be a US phenomenon.

Originally Posted by bwoodbmw
How did this thread turn into ANOTHER badging thread? Hilarious stuff people really need to relax.
I'm going to buy a C63s and put a Porsche emblem on it to see if the AMG guys freak out. Or maybe i'll downbadge my 911 with an AMG badge and see if that makes AMG guys happy?
Who cares. I think its goofy when people add any badging to their cars but I sure as hell don't get worked up about it. I see "M" badged BMWs all the time and I think its funny but it certainly isn't diluting the M brand or insulting those who pony up for real M cars. Y'all need some bigger things in life to worry about.

The point of this thread is that I want to know when pricing and ordering will be available for a car that for me looks like it may be a great fit. I'm excited about this car, the rumor that it will only be German produced, the added performance over the C400, the beautiful interior that makes it attractive to me where the CLA45 is not a car I would ever purchase, etc...
Originally Posted by Jaxwired
Bunch of babies. Who cares if non AMGs get badged with AMG. If you're only buying an AMG because the badge makes you feel special and superior than you need to examine your own shallow motives. If you're buying an AMG for the performance than how does abuse of the AMG badge hurt you? You get to enjoy a real AMG and these fake AMG drivers don't.

Originally Posted by Vdhroso
I have a c350 with the AMG sports package with AMG floor mats and wheels. And yea I have AMG license plates but personally I would never put AMG on my trunk cause I think it just looks stupid if my trunk was C350 ///AMG, it doesn't make sense. I had a few people think it was a real AMG but I quickly educated them. People can do what they want, but you AMG owners don't need to get mad because someone wants to mess around with AMG badging. At the end of the day you're getting the real AMG experience and satisfaction, while the "posers" are riding around in their fake AMGs but at least we all get to enjoy the unrivaled luxury that Mercedes benz gives us.
^^^
Old 01-29-2015, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
IMHO the only people that get upset are those that want the AMG badge for the snob value. Get over it, enjoy the car.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:15 PM

2001 S55 AMG
I am a new (used) benz S55 AMG owner.

Hey Everyone,
I must insist that I am nowhere near the "snob" that people are referring to on this post. I fell in love with the Benz growing up in Frankfurt, Germany. I knew I didn't want one, but needed one. And yes, the C class Benz is literally a taxi cab in Germany! I'm just saying. Though, I do feel AMG owners' disgust with the fake AMG's. I even had a S550, with an AMG decal on the back, purposely park next to my S55 AMG. There is no such thing as a S550 AMG! All AMG's come in two digits! A Benz connoisseur knows this. Lol, can we start a petition for Benz not to mess up the AMG brand?!

Also, I have an 01 AMG (w220). I still think it looks better than the w221's. Especially, since I upgraded the navigation/ radio. I posted two installation videos on youtube. My next move is the S65 AMG. This is chess, not checkers. Update: Car was in the shop for a week, due to an idiot backing up into me @ the ABC store smh. They did a great job!

Sincerely,
BigJugAMG ( AMG for life)
Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM

w212 E550
I say oh well and get over it. All of Mercedes' competitors have options.

Bmw has the M-Sport package, everything included in the M version sans the engine

Audi has the S-Line everything included in the S Series sans the engine.

That is what mercedes is doing. I see their logic, toss all the pride aside, they need to do it to keep up with their competitors.

Im sure a C450 AMG Sport, properly tuned and chipped would easy keep up with the real deal C63.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
Here is my current car. I guess I better leave it in the garage....Just kidding, don't flame me.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:12 PM

2001 S55 AMG
Wow!

Originally Posted by skullboy
Here is my current car. I guess I better leave it in the garage....Just kidding, don't f
Now that's movie funny! Lol
Old 01-29-2015, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by skullboy
Here is my current car. I guess I better leave it in the garage....Just kidding, don't flame me.

Actually that Honda is a real car AMG tuned, they also did a Mitsubishi Galant. The Honda AMG Ballade Civic ws sold in South Africa and the Mitsubishi was sold in Europe and the United States. The mitsubishi was actually cool looking in its day and a decent performer for an econbox.Google it!

I actually know my AMG history
Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?