C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350
You can put a dress and makeup on it but

It's a stupid appearance package like you can get on any wagon. None of it makes any sense and they are hurting their brand and pissing of their AMG customers and their AMG craftsmen.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:50 PM

'05 CL65 AMG, '08 CLS63 AMG, '04 Porsche 911 Turbo
OK....

I see the point here... I only own one AMG in my garage at the moment but here are my previous ones. (I still have 2004 SL55 AMG)

2005 E55 AMG (Kleeman Super Charger Added)
2005 CL 65 AMG (Fastest Car I have owned)
2008 CLS 63 AMG

Now I also have

2009 Audi S8 V10 with fabspeed resonator bypass x-pipe
Still has 2004 Porsche 911 Turbo (ECU Upgrade, GT2 Wing, Tubi Exhaust)

Thnkig about getting CLA45 AMG for my youngest this Summer.

I HATE to see non AMG cars with AMG badges on... I have to admit it. Just because you have bumpers, you should also have the AMG badge? I laugh at that when I see them.

Get a real one if you really want one. Other than that, stick to C250, 350 or whatever but do not ruin AMG's name and pride. It sometimes hurts to own one when the warranty expires and you have issues.. However, we own them because we care and are ready to suffer when AMG need me. We are AMG lovers and fans....

I see the problem happening since MB aquired AMG and AMG became more popular....

Sell some more AMG Wheels and bumpers along with the badge is a bad idea.... BMW has similar issues with "M"
Old 02-10-2015, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C180k Blueefficiency
So...in order for me to enjoy the sportsline body styling, I have to buy a full amg model which costs $160,000 USD in my Country opposed to the measly $50k you pay in the states? It's ok go ahead and call me a poser for paying $73k for the amg sportsline and let's just call it poser kit...I don't give a f****
Old 02-10-2015, 07:58 PM

2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by jpog
My opinion is that AMG should be reserved for the hand-built drivetrains, and that the AMG aesthetic treatment should be a "sport package" or some other nomenclature. Just my $.02.
Originally Posted by WileCoyote
It's a stupid appearance package like you can get on any wagon. None of it makes any sense and they are hurting their brand and pissing of their AMG customers and their AMG craftsmen.
I agree with both of you. Except the appearance package is already aptly named sports line (which you can even get on a c200 or c300) and the C450 has much more than upgraded looks.

• AMG tuned 3.0-liter V-6 biturbo engine
  • AMG DYNAMIC SELECT variable suspension, powertrain and steering modes
  • AMG Adaptive sport suspension
  • AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel-drive with rear-biased torque split
  • AMG engineered exhaust system
  • Exclusive AMG exterior and interior styling
  • Additional AMG-exclusive options

Please do your research before jumping on the hate wagon. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
My thoughts on the situation.....

As a first time AMG owner (and having bought it brand new), I absolutely love my car to death. Do i care too much that most people don't know what it is? Nah, I love the car because it thrills me. But, I also bought this car because it was different, and in a sense exclusive.

That being said, here's the issue with the C450 AMG Sport. It is not an AMG. It just isnt. Does it make sense why MB is doing it? Of course. MONEY! I know why they are doing it, I just don't like it.

That gives me too options: 1) Live with it and just accept that the amount of posers are going to skyrocket and just give them a rev or two when they try to pull something stupid next to me or 2) think long and hard for my next car purchase.

I think it will drive me to more exclusive brands. For the $83k I paid for my C63, I can buy a number of very nice used higher end cars. Porsche instantly springs to mind. You can find Maseratis and even some Aston's for that price if that floats your boat.

Basically, I think the people who buy these cars because of their price and exclusivity can afford a number of other high end options, and MB may soon see those people gravitate toward those.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me. To each his own. You want to be a poser, be a poser, but in my mind (and probably to your face) I am laughing at you.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:00 PM

2014 CLS63 S-Amg
First amg

Bought a cls63 SAMG last summer. The whole amg story got me. That and the drive. Looked at m6 and rs7. Wanted to like the rs7 more but just didn't.
So much more car than I need.
And I am completely off topic. Sorry for that!

Last edited by jaugustine3993; 02-10-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to say...
Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 PM

C450 (pre-ordered Jan 14)
Originally Posted by Labillyboy
Asking myself... "Do I care if MB puts an AMG badge on a car without anything AMG in it except for the label?" I thought, "95% of my friends who ride in my AMG's have no clue as to what lurks under the hood, nor would they care" It's funny really, most people wouldn't care even if I took the time to explain it to them, so I never do. I have two AMG's for me, for my enjoyment driving them, not as some kind of status symbol. These models with the AMG sticker on the trunk are for the Mercedes sales man to take a few extra bucks out the the pocket of people with cash to burn. Few will have any clue why they are paying a few thousand for a badge... that will be up to creative car salesmen to come up with. More power to them, I don't care if people want to buy AMG stickers and put them on their garden variety Mercedes, it doesn't affect me at all.
Nicely said!

I was really hoping that this thread would die, but the elitists have descended on it again...... God forbid one of those little posers might be posing down here in the W205 section, they've got to come down here and kick people in the teeth..... and for what? Because someone at Mercedes decided to build the C450 and someone else actually wants to spend his own GD money to buy one? Why is that such a crime? How does that ruin anyone else's day? Are their lives so fragile that they can't deal with the existence of the C450?

I purposely don't list my cars on this site because I don't want to come off as pretentious, but something you said really made sense to me. I happen to have a Ferrari, and every so often I see some random car with a prancing horse sticker on the front fender. For the record, I DO NOT get aggravated! I don't accuse them of trying to pose or steal my rightful place above them in the hierarchy of humanity. I actually consider it to be a nice compliment. They clearly aspire to own a Ferrari one of these days, or at the very least they appreciate the mark.

Why in the world can't the AMG people look at the AMG-Sport line as an aspirational line for people who'd like to have an AMG someday? Clearly some think everyone should just drive Nissans and Kias until they can afford an AMG. Anything in between is just a pathetic attempt by people who can't afford an AMG, to try to steal the prestige of richer buyers, right?

Make no mistake, some people who buy the C450 will be perfectly capable of buying a "real" AMG. We just chose not to at this time for one reason or another.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CLA-250, C-300
Originally Posted by Dabo
Nicely said!

I was really hoping that this thread would die, but the elitists have descended on it again...... God forbid one of those little posers might be posing down here in the W205 section, they've got to come down here and kick people in the teeth..... and for what? Because someone at Mercedes decided to build the C450 and someone else actually wants to spend his own GD money to buy one? Why is that such a crime? How does that ruin anyone else's day? Are their lives so fragile that they can't deal with the existence of the C450?

I purposely don't list my cars on this site because I don't want to come off as pretentious, but something you said really made sense to me. I happen to have a Ferrari, and every so often I see some random car with a prancing horse sticker on the front fender. For the record, I DO NOT get aggravated! I don't accuse them of trying to pose or steal my rightful place above them in the hierarchy of humanity. I actually consider it to be a nice compliment. They clearly aspire to own a Ferrari one of these days, or at the very least they appreciate the mark.

Why in the world can't the AMG people look at the AMG-Sport line as an aspirational line for people who'd like to have an AMG someday? Clearly some think everyone should just drive Nissans and Kias until they can afford an AMG. Anything in between is just a pathetic attempt by people who can't afford an AMG, to try to steal the prestige of richer buyers, right?

Make no mistake, some people who buy the C450 will be perfectly capable of buying a "real" AMG. We just chose not to at this time for one reason or another.
Agreed, AMG does more than engines, suspension, styling, etc.. MB bought the Brand and they can do whatever they want with it.

Put it this way...

The AMG C63s is "Superior" than the run of the mill, plain AMG C63.

does that put some perspective? it is the same marketing play.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:26 PM

ML350 Blutec
Mr.

My Ml350 Blutec Designo actually was delivered with 21 inch wheels that are stamped AMG as well as tailpipe chromed tips stamped AMG and tire stem caps that are AMG. Doesn't appear that AMG is given as much regard as some owners would like. Note: stem caps were stolen within two weeks, perhaps by one of you folks
Old 02-10-2015, 08:33 PM

1998 w140 S420
I don't see a problem with it, considering you were already able to purchase an AMG sports package in the past as an option. As long as the badge isn't there, I think it is ok and it distinguishes the real from the sport. The only draw back though, is when those who want to have a clean euro look and wipe off all badge from their real AMG car(back included) and it ends up looking like a sports package, just like the two C-classes I saw earlier today. They were both sports packages with 4matic on the back. But, say, if I wanted to have a C-class real AMG and have all my exterior badges taken off, just to have a clean euro look, it would look just like theirs. For that, I can relate to the rant the AMG owners are making, otherwise I'm ok with it. For the most part though, being in the U.S., if I don't see a badge, I automatically assume it's a sports package. AMG owners, here in the states usually want that badge on there, In Europe it would be tough to tell. To me, posing would be sticking that badge on there when you know it is not a real AMG, but getting the sports package because you like the visual look is a personal taste. Not everyone can afford a real AMG, and the sports package is a way to cater to those that can't, just don't stick that badge on there. I remember back in the day when the Original Air Jordan line started to branch out and create/design alternate sport shoes that were not as expensive as the original AJ. It gave consumers a chance to sport the Jumpman logo(and shoe) without having to spend top dollars for the real deal. Now you have a zillion Jordan brand designs and it is diluted as hell, but, true heads still know the Original AJ from the "sport line". Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by w140y; 02-10-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:36 PM

'05 CL65 AMG, '08 CLS63 AMG, '04 Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by Kimf
My Ml350 Blutec Designo actually was delivered with 21 inch wheels that are stamped AMG as well as tailpipe chromed tips stamped AMG and tire stem caps that are AMG. Doesn't appear that AMG is given as much regard as some owners would like. Note: stem caps were stolen within two weeks, perhaps by one of you folks

I took off "AMG" badge on my SL including SL55... You do not have to show off... For real car people, they immediately recognize if it is a real one or fake one. Why would you want to carry one when you open the hood and doesn't have the signature of the engineer who worked on the car by himself?

I see the MB's point to sell more cars as they purchased AMG GmbH years ago by putting some of AMG parts and put AMG badge... That is the marketing point of view to attract more customers... The real car enthusiasts do not care what it says outside but what it is inside... That is the issue here... When you go to Germany, 99% of MB will not have anything in the back as they take them all off... Trust me.. I lived in Europe for 7 years.

For those do not understand where AMG is coming from will never get what it is until really owning one....
Old 02-10-2015, 08:49 PM

2010 BMW X5
Nicely said!

Because it's not good enough for these snobs to simply have an AMG, they want to emphasize to the whole world that -you- don't have one.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:51 PM

C300 Sport
I've got a little ole C300 Sport that came with AMG wheels and what amounts to different plastic. I have plans to purchase a C63 not for the trunk badge but what it does for me in the drivers seat. Mercedes is offering what they think can be seen as an entry level AMG. They're going to sell quite a few and its a really nice car. I just think everyone would have preferred it was labeled the "Sport Package" and the AMG badge remain with only those cars possessing the hand assembled AMG engine. All that said they can put badges on whatever they like and it won't effect my plans for a C63 since the badge isn't what makes it a C63. Look at it this way you guys that already own the real deal are going to be having a lot of fun at the stoplights for the next year or two!
Old 02-10-2015, 08:54 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Go whine to Mercedes instead of trying to measure your wenis on a forum.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 PM

2014 E63 AMG S-Model
Originally Posted by synaptik
first you said its not a real AMG until you spend 130k to 300k with it. then you dont have a problem with a 50k cla45 because its designed by AMG. private lounges, fast launch times, etc dont tell me what AMG stands for because the definition changes whenever its convenient for the company and for snobs like you. christ, even between amg fanboys there's arguments about the cla45.

seriously if you wanted a purer brand with the performance and exclusitivity to match, you shoulda gone with a ferrari. at the end of the day you share a mercedes badge with much cheaper and slower cars so don't act like you're a cut above. no one besides you gives a damn that you drive a "real" amg.

its like those ricers that step into a gtr and then pretend the rest of nissan isnt good enough for them.

please, i dont even have a mercedes. i dont care about the amg badge, who put it on which car or the lack of it on a c450. my whole post was to ridicule elitist fanboys and you've certainly risen up to the call.
you not owning a AMG Merc is pretty obvious.

Why are you even on this forum is you hate it so much?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 PM

2014 E63 AMG S-Model
They are diluting the value of the brand by making cheap cars like this. You won't see a $30K Ferrari.

Gonna have to go with a Brabus now.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by mcon12000
I've got a little ole C300 Sport that came with AMG wheels and what amounts to different plastic. I have plans to purchase a C63 not for the trunk badge but what it does for me in the drivers seat. Mercedes is offering what they think can be seen as an entry level AMG. They're going to sell quite a few and its a really nice car. I just think everyone would have preferred it was labeled the "Sport Package" and the AMG badge remain with only those cars possessing the hand assembled AMG engine. All that said they can put badges on whatever they like and it won't effect my plans for a C63 since the badge isn't what makes it a C63. Look at it this way you guys that already own the real deal are going to be having a lot of fun at the stoplights for the next year or two!
Great post.

I think I'd also prefer that the C450 didn't have the AMG letters on it because I don't like all the whining it causes. I plan to buy one because it suits me, not because I'm trying to pretend to be an AMG owner. If it were just called the C450, I'd still buy it, and I'd think nothing less or more of it. In fact, I just might grab a hair dryer and yank the damn letters off if I think it can be done without damaging the car. Then I'll offer to send them free of charge to someone who owns a real AMG so they can make use of them.

Best of luck with your AMG, I'd be grabbing one of those too if they were offered in AWD. You want my letters?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 PM

W204 C180k Blueefficiency
This is the most mind numbing thread ever. I can't believe this was born out of a journalistic article that I received in my mail.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 PM

2010 E350 Sport
Great post.

I think I'd also prefer that the C450 didn't have the AMG letters on it because I don't like all the whining it causes. I plan to buy one because it suits me, not because I'm trying to pretend to be an AMG owner. If it were just called the C450, I'd still buy it, and I'd think nothing less or more of it. In fact, I just might grab a hair dryer and yank the damn letters off if I think it can be done without damaging the car. Then I'll offer to send them free of charge to someone who owns a real AMG so they can make use of them.

Best of luck with your AMG, I'd be grabbing one of those too if they were offered in AWD. You want my letters?
Well said, Dabo.. Folks just need to stay in their own lane instead of worrying about what other people prefer.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by x2desmit
They are diluting the value of the brand by making cheap cars like this. You won't see a $30K Ferrari.

Gonna have to go with a Brabus now.
No doubt, you're right about the Ferrari thing. And while I'd hardly call the C450 a cheap car, I seriously doubt it'll go for $30k. I guess I hadn't considered what I'd think if Ferrari came out with a $30k car. I'll have to ponder that one.

I guess I'm just having a hard time with the uproar about this. Do people want to drive an AMG because it's a tremendous performance beast? Or do they want to drive an AMG for the badge, so all who see it will know how much it cost? I'm 100% behind those who aspire to or purchase an AMG for the extraordinary performance. Not so sure about the badge buyer's.

Where's Rodney King when you need him?

Last edited by Dabo; 02-11-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:22 PM

98 W202
C320 AMG

Originally Posted by w140y
I don't see a problem with it, considering you were already able to purchase an AMG sports package in the past as an option.
Yes, MB once released a C320 AMG (not C32).
Had AMG suspension and wheels, but no supercharger.
If you look up the VIN, it was a factory option.

Genuine AMG, just not a full house model...
Old 02-10-2015, 09:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 W205
Originally Posted by H Bear
This is the most mind numbing thread ever. I can't believe this was born out of a journalistic article that I received in my mail.
It's called clickbait for a reason.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
This thread has done a good job of pointing out the badge fanboys...
Old 02-10-2015, 09:42 PM

2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by x2desmit
you not owning a AMG Merc is pretty obvious.

Why are you even on this forum is you hate it so much?
why are you jumping out of the woodwork to comment on a post from page 2, when you clearly haven't read the rest of it where i stated i'm looking to buy a w205?

i didn't know AMG mercedes ownership was required to post here. you're not even in the AMG section bro.

Last edited by synaptik; 02-10-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
nrg220

Ebay

No I don't think an AMG lookalike is good although by the number of amg badges for sale on ebay there must be some demand. Its like the word sports when it isn't. Its about performance surely. Is it all for posers? You bet your life it is

I have a C220 what was an Elegance, they got rid of that and its all about Sports, don't like that take an SE with more limited options. Mercedes are still nice but not a patch on what they used to be in terms of luxury unless one has an S class. That said the PVC seating isn't that bad lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?