C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Taillight / Bumper Alignment Responses

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by BlackjackM
Ugh give it a rest. Lots of manufacturers have their share of issues. I actually think that MB has done a pretty good job of identifying the issues and quickly acting on them. Remember this?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercoh...9000-vehicles/
The problem here, unfortunately, is not one about a recall. It's not even about two or three recalls .. it's about a consistent pattern of poor quality control at the manufacturing level. It seems to many of us, who actually own these cars, that they went into production here with inadequate testing of locally sourced components and inadequate training of the crew at the plant. Brakes that are producing unacceptable noise levels, exterior lights that stop working, key fobs that aren't recognized by the car, poor panel fit, defective seat material, sagging sunroof shades, assorted electronic glitches ... and then we get to the two recalls and the emissions system campaign. This on a car that has only been in production since August, 2104. I think even MB-USA would have to admit that the introduction of the American built C-Class has turned into a service nightmare for many of its customers.

In spite of this, the vast majority of W205 owners here still want to keep these cars. Few have voiced any dissatisfaction with the car's core values or its drive characteristics. In fact, most would agree that this is a truly exceptional compact sedan and one we preferred to the German or Japanese competition. There's so much complaining about the car's service issues because of just how much we do like this car. It becomes an intensely frustrating experience ... being constantly distracted by all the crap we have to get straightened out on these otherwise fine vehicles. I've said this before ... I feel like I bought a kit car ... one that came in 75% finished and it's up to me to do the final work. Since I didn't get a 25% discount ... I paid for a fully finished car ... I do feel I'm not getting what I paid for. Therein lies the rub.

Last edited by StanNH; 01-25-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by StanNH
The problem here, unfortunately, is not one about a recall. It's not even about two or three recalls .. it's about a consistent pattern of poor quality control at the manufacturing level. It seems to many of us, who actually own these cars, that they went into production here with inadequate testing of locally sourced components and inadequate training of the crew at the plant. Brakes that are producing unacceptable noise levels, exterior lights that stop working, key fobs that aren't recognized by the car, poor panel fit, defective seat material, sagging sunroof shades, assorted electronic glitches ... and then we get to the two recalls and the emissions system campaign. This on a car that has only been in production since August, 2104. I think even MB-USA would have to admit that the introduction of the American built C-Class has turned into a service nightmare for many of its customers.

In spite of this, the vast majority of W205 owners here still want to keep these cars. Few have voiced any dissatisfaction with the car's core values or its drive characteristics. In fact, most would agree that this is a truly exceptional compact sedan and one we preferred to the German or Japanese competition. There's so much complaining about the car's service issues because of just how much we do like this car. It becomes an intensely frustrating experience ... being constantly distracted by all the crap we have to get straightened out on these otherwise fine vehicles. I've said this before ... I feel like I bought a kit car ... one that came in 75% finished and it's up to me to do the final work. Since I didn't get a 25% discount ... I paid for a fully finished car ... I do feel I'm not getting what I paid for. Therein lies the rub.
I get what you are saying Stan and agree with every bit of it. You, of all people, have the right to be really pissed about the issues but you've accepted them patiently and level headed. What gets annoying is when people start talking about going to the "media" and getting a lawyer when there is no safety or drivability issues with the major complaints (seats and bumpers). Furthermore, to think that MB is the first manufacturer to have to go through this is absurd, and I think that most would agree that once MBUSA realized what was happening they acted quickly to rectify it. People need to realize that the dealers are not MBUSA.

I have also have a stake in this game (upwards of $56 thousand dollars) and hope that my car won't have issues. But what I can assure you of is that if it does, I will handle them in the same way you have Stan and won't be crying about lawyers. /rantoff
Old 01-25-2015, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I get what you are saying Stan and agree with every bit of it. You, of all people, have the right to be really pissed about the issues but you've accepted them patiently and level headed. What gets annoying is when people start talking about going to the "media" and getting a lawyer when there is no safety or drivability issues with the major complaints (seats and bumpers). Furthermore, to think that MB is the first manufacturer to have to go through this is absurd, and I think that most would agree that once MBUSA realized what was happening they acted quickly to rectify it. People need to realize that the dealers are not MBUSA.

I have also have a stake in this game (upwards of $56 thousand dollars) and hope that my car won't have issues. But what I can assure you of is that if it does, I will handle them in the same way you have Stan and won't be crying about lawyers. /rantoff
Agreed. Some of the responses I've seen have bordered on the hysterical. It's one thing to voice dissatisfaction with the build quality, but quite another to just go on endless rants throwing out pointless threats against MB and its dealers. We all want these issues to just go away already, but screaming about it on forums doesn't really accomplish much.

I'be been patient and I've been polite. In turn, I've gotten excellent responses from both MB-USA and my dealer. Whether or not that translates into a satisfactory resolution of my own issues remains to be seen. I remain hopeful.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:05 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Well said Stan!
Old 01-25-2015, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300W4, 2011 G37, 1998 528i Sport 5MT

Stan is one of the most patient owners I've ever encountered. I like Stan's initial response to you and I agree 100%. My issue is that I do own a C300, so I think I have every right to criticize the build of the car and MBUSA's response(s). Like Stan, I feel this car is a sort of "kit car" and I didn't pay for a kit car so I expect better.

I see nothing unreasonable about my criticism of MBUSA. When you buy a new Mercedes, the last thing you are doing is purchasing basic transportation. The buyer has every right to expect a premium product and premium customer service. Unlike many of you, I am not impressed with MBUSA's response to the W205 problems. Unlike the example you use, BMW's 2010 RECALLS, MBUSA still hasn't elevated this admitted issue to RECALL status even though they admit that every car built in Alabama prior to 1/5/15 can be affected. I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that they are not issuing a recall or the fact that they don't even know which builds got the defective MBTex (another indication of poor quality control methods). Unless you read MB blogs, the buyer is unaware of these issues. Not one dealership I shopped, which included every one in NorCal and some in SoCal, mentioned the seat problem or bumper issue to me. Not one. Unless I missed something, and I hope I did, MBUSA hasn't elevated the misaligned bumpers to even a Technical Bulletin, let alone RECALL.

When MBUSA steps up and issues RECALLS on the interior and bumper issues, then I will stop criticizing. In the meanwhile, I hope these issues become better known so MBUSA dealers will have problems selling affected cars to the unsuspecting public. Knowingly selling defective cars to the public is something I have a huge problem with. If I had known about the bleeding seats, I would have waited to buy the car and would have a lot more respect for MBUSA. So, if MBUSA and their dealers are not willing to make the public aware of these defects, then why shouldn't we want the media to get the word out? Isn't that what is happening already? Aren't MBWorld and Autoblog media? If anyone has a problem with the media sharing this information with the public, then you should disassociate yourselves with this site immediately.

I am so tired of hearing that buyers are hysterical and overreacting because bleeding seats and misaligned bumpers don't affect the safety and operation of the car. News Flash! Be it a Camry or S600, these things affect the VALUE of the car. That's why Lemon Laws, at least California lemon law includes defects affecting the VALUE of the car. So, would you like to pay full book value for a C300 with bleeding seats? Please contact me if you are willing to put your money where your mouth is.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by gocal73
Stan is one of the most patient owners I've ever encountered. I like Stan's initial response to you and I agree 100%. My issue is that I do own a C300, so I think I have every right to criticize the build of the car and MBUSA's response(s). Like Stan, I feel this car is a sort of "kit car" and I didn't pay for a kit car so I expect better.

I see nothing unreasonable about my criticism of MBUSA. When you buy a new Mercedes, the last thing you are doing is purchasing basic transportation. The buyer has every right to expect a premium product and premium customer service.
Stan has been unbelievably patient, given the numerous issues that have affected his car.

There are no excuses for MBUSA's Alabama plant turning out such a poorly assembled product as the W205 sedan. Bleeding seats, misaligned bumpers and tail lamps and screeching brakes should never be part on ANY Mercedes-Benz product. These issues along with the other ones mentioned by Stan make a complete mockery of MB's slogan "the best or nothing". IF only this slogan were true for the new C Class, an otherwise brilliantly designed and engineered car !

The lack of QC @ the Alabama plant will affect not just the launch year of the W205, but it will also affect the reputation of all other MB models being built in this plant. Unfortunately this black cloud of incompetence will require corrective action by senior MB management, the sooner the better !
Old 01-25-2015, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The question I keep asking myself is, "How could no one at the plant ever notice the cosmetic defects?" Were they reported but ignored, or simply never reported?

I understand that problems like the MB-Tex bleeding couldn't be seen on the line, but what about fuel filler doors that stick out from the car, or rear bumper covers that don't match up to the fender properly? Shouldn't some inspector be there to say, "Stop?"

These minor cosmetic flaws, and they are minor, may not be cause for a recall, but when widespread they're enough to undermine one's confidence in the build quality of the car.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:38 PM

I see nothing unreasonable about my criticism of MBUSA. When you buy a new Mercedes, the last thing you are doing is purchasing basic transportation. The buyer has every right to expect a premium product and premium customer service. Unlike many of you, I am not impressed with MBUSA's response to the W205 problems. Unlike the example you use, BMW's 2010 RECALLS, MBUSA still hasn't elevated this admitted issue to RECALL status even though they admit that every car built in Alabama prior to 1/5/15 can be affected. I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that they are not issuing a recall or the fact that they don't even know which builds got the defective MBTex (another indication of poor quality control methods). Unless you read MB blogs, the buyer is unaware of these issues. Not one dealership I shopped, which included every one in NorCal and some in SoCal, mentioned the seat problem or bumper issue to me. Not one. Unless I missed something, and I hope I did, MBUSA hasn't elevated the misaligned bumpers to even a Technical Bulletin, let alone RECALL.

When MBUSA steps up and issues RECALLS on the interior and bumper issues, then I will stop criticizing. In the meanwhile, I hope these issues become better known so MBUSA dealers will have problems selling affected cars to the unsuspecting public. Knowingly selling defective cars to the public is something I have a huge problem with. If I had known about the bleeding seats, I would have waited to buy the car and would have a lot more respect for MBUSA. So, if MBUSA and their dealers are not willing to make the public aware of these defects, then why shouldn't we want the media to get the word out? Isn't that what is happening already? Aren't MBWorld and Autoblog media? If anyone has a problem with the media sharing this information with the public, then you should disassociate yourselves with this site immediately.

I am so tired of hearing that buyers are hysterical and overreacting because bleeding seats and misaligned bumpers don't affect the safety and operation of the car. News Flash! Be it a Camry or S600, these things affect the VALUE of the car. That's why Lemon Laws, at least California lemon law includes defects affecting the VALUE of the car. So, would you like to pay full book value for a C300 with bleeding seats? Please contact me if you are willing to put your money where your mouth is.
1. Recalls are only done for drivability and safety problems. Why would anyone have to pay full value for an MB with bleeding seats when MB is replacing them??
2. Discussing cars on a forum with fellow enthusiasts is a far cry from trying to smear MBUSAs name to the "media" (who couldn't care less anyway)
3. Do you think BMW dealers warned customers (me) about hundreds of thousands of faulty fuel pumps? (Built in, ahem, Germany). Lol, no. NO ONE knew about this issue until Mid/late December and that was only in cold climates. I'm sure Cali had far fewer bleeding seats if any by then.
4. News flash: They are FIXING the issues! Should they have made it past QC? Absolutely not. Are the issues going to make the nightly news? Absolutely not.
5. My money is already on the table. I have a C300 on order, due by April. I did, however spec leather. My W204 had a transmission fault at 400 miles that required me to drive 10 miles back to work in second gear on a 40 MPH road. Traffic behind me not happy. They towed it, fixed it, ate my first service bill. **** happens.

Last edited by BlackjackM; 01-25-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm involved in a W205 QC discussion on another forum. Regarding the rear bumper cover fit, an Australian member just posted this picture of his SA built W205. It doesn't have the severe step, but it's anything but a proper fit.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:57 PM

1. Recalls are only done for drivability and safety problems. Why would anyone have to pay full value for an MB with bleeding seats when MB is replacing them??
2. Discussing cars on a forum with fellow enthusiasts is a far cry from trying to smear MBUSAs name to the "media" (who couldn't care less anyway)
3. Do you think BMW dealers warned customers (me) about hundreds of thousands of faulty fuel pumps? (Built in, ahem, Germany). Lol, no. NO ONE knew about this issue until Mid/late December and that was only in cold climates. I'm sure Cali had far fewer bleeding seats if any by then.
4. News flash: They are FIXING the issues! Should they have made it past QC? Absolutely not. Are the issues going to make the nightly news? Absolutely not.
5. My money is already on the table. I have a C300 on order, due by April. I did, however spec leather. My W204 had a transmission fault at 400 miles that required me to drive 10 miles back to work in second gear on a 40 MPH road. Traffic behind me not happy. They towed it, fixed it, ate my first service bill. **** happens.
1. Technically you are correct about recalls. What I am looking for from MBUSA for the bleeding seats and rear bumper is at least a Service Campaign.

2. Discussing cars on a public forum is participating in media discussion of MBUSA. The information shared here can be used by anyone for any purpose, including "smearing" MBUSA's good name. Most of what is shared here is factual. If the facts put MB in a poor light, they have only themselves to blame. If these facts make it to other media outlets, well that's just the way the modern world works. Nobody is immune. Not even Mercedes-Benz.

3. BMW is no innocent. I am not defending them or any other car company. I believe they had an obligation to not sell you a car with a defective fuel pump, just as I believe MB should not be selling cars with seats that can bleed. My only point in mentioning BMW is that they have passed MB in sales and MB should wake up to the current market place. If the W205 gains a negative reputation, it will hurt MB sales even more.

4. We will see if they fix the issues. To truly fix the bleeding seat issue, they have to replace seat covers in ALL MBTex W205's produced in Alabama prior to 1/5/15. Not just seats that are bleeding. Because it is known that cars made in that plant during that time CAN bleed. Since MBUSA does not know which cars received the tainted MBTex, they cannot say only bleeding cars should get new seats. I was told by a MBUSA rep that MBUSA will replace my seat covers, whether they are actively bleeding or not. That's the good news. However, I am hearing that dealers are saying replacements will be done only for bleeding seats. So, the acid test will come when I get the time to take my car in for new seat covers.
As for the rear bumper, a blind man can see that it needs to be adjusted. We'll see how that goes with the dealer as well. If these things get done, great!

5. Wise choice in going for leather. If the salesman had told me about the MBTex issue, I would have purchased leather as well.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:13 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
I'm involved in a W205 QC discussion on another forum. Regarding the rear bumper cover fit, an Australian member just posted this picture of his SA built W205. It doesn't have the severe step, but it's anything but a proper fit.
Well that sux!.. I was keeping my fingers crossed that the SA cars weren't prone to the issue. One thing I haven't come across yet is how this is actually fixed. I mean do they have to take bumper off and reposition clips or just shuffle things around or .. what?

Has anyone seen what's involved in getting the panels to match up again?
Old 01-26-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400
Good news about this issue at Seattle Mercedes Benz: they fixed it!

I actually caught this issue independently of these forums but found this thread while the car was getting repaired. I don't have any good "before" pictures sadly but I included an "after" photo. The fix is excellent.

My C400 has a build date of 12/14 and I purchased it that same month. I recognized the poor fitment three weeks later while washing and decided it was a build concern issue that Mercedes would have to cover under warranty.

When I took the car in we recognized the gap as a poorly fitted rear bumper and identified the key areas you all are already familiar with. I explained that dirt and water could enter the gap and that at resale a buyer might think it looked like poorly repaired rear collision damage. The service advisor agreed and promised a fix if the fitment was out of specification with Mercedes Benz. If out of spec, they have the justification to make the repair and charge the service as a warranty repair. I crossed my fingers.

Thankfully it was indeed out of spec and they fixed it free of charge. I did have to wait a week with a '15 E350 loaner. Interesting to note that Seattle MB doesn't perform their own bodywork repairs, they contract out for it it seems? The repair was performed by Pacific Auto Body in Seattle, very near the dealership. In any case it came back perfect and I couldn't be more pleased.

In the end it seems you all have the same justification for a repair. You really shouldn't have to lift a finger for this issue as build concerns are the responsibility of the manufacturer to correct. I'm not pissed - its a new model year and new car (at a new factory?) but MB did the right thing and the dealer was really good about it experience.

Good luck.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205
Originally Posted by Astigmatism

I actually caught this issue independently of these forums but found this thread while the car was getting repaired. I don't have any good "before" pictures sadly but I included an "after" photo. The fix is excellent.

My C400 has a build date of 12/14 and I purchased it that same month. I recognized the poor fitment three weeks later while washing and decided it was a build concern issue that Mercedes would have to cover under warranty.

When I took the car in we recognized the gap as a poorly fitted rear bumper and identified the key areas you all are already familiar with. I explained that dirt and water could enter the gap and that at resale a buyer might think it looked like poorly repaired rear collision damage. The service advisor agreed and promised a fix if the fitment was out of specification with Mercedes Benz. If out of spec, they have the justification to make the repair and charge the service as a warranty repair. I crossed my fingers.

Thankfully it was indeed out of spec and they fixed it free of charge. I did have to wait a week with a '15 E350 loaner. Interesting to note that Seattle MB doesn't perform their own bodywork repairs, they contract out for it it seems? The repair was performed by Pacific Auto Body in Seattle, very near the dealership. In any case it came back perfect and I couldn't be more pleased.

In the end it seems you all have the same justification for a repair. You really shouldn't have to lift a finger for this issue as build concerns are the responsibility of the manufacturer to correct. I'm not pissed - its a new model year and new car (at a new factory?) but MB did the right thing and the dealer was really good about it experience.

Good luck.

Congrats! You may not know it, but you now have a relatively unique C Class with perfectly flush tail light / bumper fitment!

Were you able to get in information on what was involved with the fix or what was wrong with the fitment in the first place? Did they have to remove existing clips, permanently glue it into position, etc.?
Old 01-27-2015, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Astigmatism

Good luck.

My Lord! What a beautiful sight. The way it was designed to look. Good job, sir! I will visit my dealer as soon as I can. Hopefully within the next couple weeks. Then we'll see.

BTW, someone posted some shots of his car and called it "Some C-class ****". This shot outdoes any of his.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:02 AM

Good pic Stan, adds to the thought that its not just Alabama that is having fitment issues with the bumpers. Clearly something is designed wrong.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:14 PM

B200T
My Lord! What a beautiful sight. The way it was designed to look. Good job, sir! I will visit my dealer as soon as I can. Hopefully within the next couple weeks. Then we'll see.

BTW, someone posted some shots of his car and called it "Some C-class ****". This shot outdoes any of his.
Some guys are all about the legs, others are all about the breasts...to each his own with the car parts too, I guess
Old 01-27-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W205 C400
My right side taillight is flush, but the left side sticks out by like 1mm.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
E53
I just picked up my C400 from the dealer. They were able to realign the seam between the bumper and fender. It had been off by about 1/8 inch. It is now perfectly flush. The lower inside edge of the tail light still is not quite flush but it is better and not noticeable. I'm not even sure it should be flush.

They did acknowledge the problem. The repair paperwork says "rear bumper and tail light not seated correctly", "rear bumper found not flush with body", "removed rear bumper and shimmed to fit properly with body, reinstalled bumper", "seam around taillight normal"

I am satisfied with the repair but will periodically check W205s produced in the future to see if they start producing cars with tail lights that fit differently.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by BenzC400
I just picked up my C400 from the dealer. They were able to realign the seam between the bumper and fender. It had been off by about 1/8 inch. It is now perfectly flush. The lower inside edge of the tail light still is not quite flush but it is better and not noticeable. I'm not even sure it should be flush.

They did acknowledge the problem. The repair paperwork says "rear bumper and tail light not seated correctly", "rear bumper found not flush with body", "removed rear bumper and shimmed to fit properly with body, reinstalled bumper", "seam around taillight normal"

I am satisfied with the repair but will periodically check W205s produced in the future to see if they start producing cars with tail lights that fit differently.
Very interesting! Had to shim the pieces to fit properly. This makes a lot of sense considering how many poorly aligned C300 bumpers there are out there. It's also reassuring the dealer did not pretend that the poor fit is normal. Too bad MBUSA allowed all these cars to be shipped and sold with this issue. Unlike the bleeding seats, the bumper problem should have been obvious and caught at the factory. Looking forward to getting mine done. Thanks for posting this information. Hope more of us continue to share how things go with the bumper repair.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
If they have to resort to shimming the bumper, then that kind of confirms that there's either a design fault or greater than expected tolerances with production. Makes me wonder if they use shims at the factory during installation as well.

Last edited by DBOC205; 01-28-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Interesting they accept the fact there is an issue. On a side note, I called my salesman the last two days only to be told my car was built but can't be located (that's another story). During our conversation he said my car was delayed due to the factory having to make modifications to cars that previously came off the assembly line. So, I'm thinking those vehicles were either modified with new MB-Tex or with proper fitting tail lamps.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:41 AM

2015 C400
so people are getting their taillight/bumper alignment fixed by dealers? hmm honestly i didn't even know about this until i read it in the forums then went back and checked it on my car and was able to see it.

I bought my car 1 month ago in NJ now its been a month and I live in Boston, wondering if its worth it to bring this issue with my dealer and getting it fixed.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:06 AM

Mercedes C300, BMW X5
4. We will see if they fix the issues. To truly fix the bleeding seat issue, they have to replace seat covers in ALL MBTex W205's produced in Alabama prior to 1/5/15. Not just seats that are bleeding. Because it is known that cars made in that plant during that time CAN bleed. Since MBUSA does not know which cars received the tainted MBTex, they cannot say only bleeding cars should get new seats. I was told by a MBUSA rep that MBUSA will replace my seat covers, whether they are actively bleeding or not. That's the good news. However, I am hearing that dealers are saying replacements will be done only for bleeding seats. So, the acid test will come when I get the time to take my car in for new seat covers.
As for the rear bumper, a blind man can see that it needs to be adjusted. We'll see how that goes with the dealer as well. If these things get done, great!
I could not agree more. This should be done for all cars affected by MB-TEX. Let everyone know how it goes either way. I am in the same situation. So far, there is no reason to go early since the kit does not seem widely available. Lets see if MB do the right thing.

As for the discussion on BMW, incidentally they recently reached out to N63 engine owner and gave them a care package (involves inspection and repair critical engine parts.) It applies to owner even out of warranty. I think that is a positive PR for them. Although, there are suspicious forum member if the campaign will fix anything long term. It is not the same as MB bleed issue. At least this in my mind shows how tough their competitive landscape is.

Last edited by solarflare; 01-29-2015 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Added explaination on what care package is for from BMW
Old 01-29-2015, 02:11 AM

2015 C400
Originally Posted by icycrazydesi
I bought my car 1 month ago in NJ now its been a month and I live in Boston, wondering if its worth it to bring this issue with my dealer and getting it fixed.
Absolutely worth it. As was the case with my repair, the work was performed under warranty specifically because it was not within the specification defined by Mercedes Benz themselves.

Also think about the resale value your C class later on. A misaligned bumper looks like poor rear-end collision repair. Imagine trying to explain to a buyer that Mercedes Benz "just built them that way". Of course they did, but I can't imagine believing that from someone.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:14 AM

Mercedes C300, BMW X5
Originally Posted by icycrazydesi
so people are getting their taillight/bumper alignment fixed by dealers? hmm honestly i didn't even know about this until i read it in the forums then went back and checked it on my car and was able to see it.

The rear bumper did not bother me at all. What bugs me are more the squeaks inside the car. The dealer fixed one with passenger side seat buckle. I suspect there may be another around the dash area. I need to duplicated and show to dealer. I am this is off topic and likely isolated just to my C300.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Taillight / Bumper Alignment Responses