C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Yeah, I'm sure that is fluke... that would have stopped your build cold.

The Philly part might have some warrant to it
It is not bad enough that are sports teams SUCK but they have to **** us off with the vehicle purchases too.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:56 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
There can't be any Philly deliveries yet because they can only occur after there are NY deliveries because we all know that in all aspects, NY always comes before Philly. That's why Philadelphians have an inferiority complex.
Does working in the past in NYC count for anything? Plus I live almost half-way between the 2 cities.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
I had not originally planned on purchasing 2 sets of tires for summer and winter but since I use this as a daily driver I do not have a choice. I plan on going running summer performance and winter performance. Good to know that Blizzak makes RF tires. I am not sure if they have tires that will fit the 19" rims. I just plan on flipping tires and not changing to a smaller rim.
19' winter tires are expensive, plus, I wouldn't want to be changing tires on rims twice per year. You are not only damaging your tires each time, but you run the risk of damaging the rims as well. For winter, the recommendation is always one size down, and narrower tires, so I will be definitely getting a set of 18s for winter. Then I can do the switch myself. I just find it so much easier, and less hassle, and I don't think it cost me anymore over the 5 years I plan on keeping the car
Old 09-23-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
Just got a call today from my dealer saying the last minute night package addition couldn't be placed last week because production already started. Looks like everything is still on track for early October delivery for me
Old 09-23-2015, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450
Ok. Got an email from my salesperson telling me they just got their first C450 in, would I like to come in an take a look at it. "Can't drive it, but you can get in it and look around," he says. So, thinking it must be on the showroom floor, I go there and find out, no, it's on the shop floor. Turns out the car has been delivered for someone in corporate to drive, so it's not for sale, which is why I can't drive it. It''s not equipped like mine will be, but it is still a pretty sweet ride, so I'm still excited about the car. He says, "Start it up." "you said I can't drive it," I say. "You can't, but I want to hear it start!" Now, I'm comparing it to an 8 year old TL, but it did sound good: a deep low growl, and this is in comfort mode. So I'm a happy camper, but I still have to wait a month. Hopefully you all will finally get yours soon! Oh, and he talked to 'production', and my car will be built the way I ordered it, with no changes, despite the confusion on the MBUSA configurator
Old 09-23-2015, 05:57 PM

none
a couple dealerships around me are starting to show inventory on the web
Old 09-23-2015, 09:32 PM

2011 Audi A4
C450 Test Drive

Longtime lurker here. Was looking at the C400 last year but decided to wait for the C450. Saw on autotrader that there are a few in my area; before I could call my sales adviser he called to say that they have one available to drive (it was a sold order but a few days ago the buyer called to say they weren't taking it, so the car was now available to test drive).

The car: Iridium silver with black leather interior (red stitching), aluminum high-gloss black trim. Very lightly optioned: summer tires, rear-view camera, panorama sunroof and the hands-free access package. MSRP: $57,635.

The car looks great--a nice touch of aggressiveness over the C300/C400. Great looking wheels and calipers and I like the diamond grill. Interior is very sharp. The regular seats are quite nice but the side bolsters are tight (I'm 6' 210 lbs but a little too much of my weight is in the middle--trimmer drivers won't be bothered by the bolsters). I did have trouble adjusting the seat to my liking but I didn't spend much time on it--I wanted to drive the car!

One thing you notice right away--the exhaust. It's much sharper and more aggressive than the C300/C400 (at least, that's my memory; I haven't driven a C400 for four months). The exhaust note gets more distinct as you move to Sport+ mode. I started in comfort and immediately drove over a rough stretch of road. You felt the impacts but it wasn't harsh. I don't think I'd have any trouble using the car as a daily driver despite the surfaces I drive which range from brand new and smooth to "rough and needs replacing now!"

Took the car on some winding back roads but there was a lot of traffic (it was around 6:30PM and we were close to town) so I couldn't really wind it out. From my limited testing, the engine is great: it sounds good, is responsive, and feels very strong. My sales adviser pointed me to some traffic circles (aka roundabouts) where I could speed through complete circles --the car felt very composed and cornered well. (The C400 handled similar curves with far less composure.)

Slight negatives: as mentioned, the seats (but I think I'd probably be fine with some more adjusting. They felt great but I didn't like how I was sitting--felt like I was leaning just a little forward). The steering is very direct but a little light and it didn't seem to improve much in sport+; I was surprised to get back in my A4 and feel that it had slightly better (or maybe just more familiar) steering. The car also feels "large"--it's not a huge car but it's not an S3. Of course, I need four doors for the next several years so this isn't really a negative. (And it helps the backseat room: with the driver's seat adjusted for me, I fit fine in the backseat. The transmission tunnel is low enough and narrow enough that a child or teen in the middle seat will be able to handle it.) Last: I really don't like the column-mounted shifter (but I'm sure I'll get used to it).

Overall: great car! Felt like a very refined S4 and I didn't even begin to test its limits. It's not cheap (whenever I option it, I get past $60,000 really quick) but the combination of luxury, sport, looks, and available safety equipment is extremely hard to beat. I still want to compare to the Jaguar XE (great looks, almost as powerful supercharged V6, and highly praised handling) but if I got a great deal on a C450 right now, I'd be extremely tempted to take it and not look back.

One other issue: I asked my adviser about the availability of ventilated seats. He said that they have been removed from the interior package (something we knew from the configurator) but are available as an option (although you have to get the interior package with its leather seats to choose this option). I haven't had time to confirm that on the configurator.

Looking forward to more reviews--hope everyone who ordered one gets their car as soon as possible!
Old 09-23-2015, 10:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by bcborn
Longtime lurker here. Was looking at the C400 last year but decided to wait for the C450. Saw on autotrader that there are a few in my area; before I could call my sales adviser he called to say that they have one available to drive (it was a sold order but a few days ago the buyer called to say they weren't taking it, so the car was now available to test drive).

The car: Iridium silver with black leather interior (red stitching), aluminum high-gloss black trim. Very lightly optioned: summer tires, rear-view camera, panorama sunroof and the hands-free access package. MSRP: $57,635.

The car looks great--a nice touch of aggressiveness over the C300/C400. Great looking wheels and calipers and I like the diamond grill. Interior is very sharp. The regular seats are quite nice but the side bolsters are tight (I'm 6' 210 lbs but a little too much of my weight is in the middle--trimmer drivers won't be bothered by the bolsters). I did have trouble adjusting the seat to my liking but I didn't spend much time on it--I wanted to drive the car!

One thing you notice right away--the exhaust. It's much sharper and more aggressive than the C300/C400 (at least, that's my memory; I haven't driven a C400 for four months). The exhaust note gets more distinct as you move to Sport+ mode. I started in comfort and immediately drove over a rough stretch of road. You felt the impacts but it wasn't harsh. I don't think I'd have any trouble using the car as a daily driver despite the surfaces I drive which range from brand new and smooth to "rough and needs replacing now!"

Took the car on some winding back roads but there was a lot of traffic (it was around 6:30PM and we were close to town) so I couldn't really wind it out. From my limited testing, the engine is great: it sounds good, is responsive, and feels very strong. My sales adviser pointed me to some traffic circles (aka roundabouts) where I could speed through complete circles --the car felt very composed and cornered well. (The C400 handled similar curves with far less composure.)

Slight negatives: as mentioned, the seats (but I think I'd probably be fine with some more adjusting. They felt great but I didn't like how I was sitting--felt like I was leaning just a little forward). The steering is very direct but a little light and it didn't seem to improve much in sport+; I was surprised to get back in my A4 and feel that it had slightly better (or maybe just more familiar) steering. The car also feels "large"--it's not a huge car but it's not an S3. Of course, I need four doors for the next several years so this isn't really a negative. (And it helps the backseat room: with the driver's seat adjusted for me, I fit fine in the backseat. The transmission tunnel is low enough and narrow enough that a child or teen in the middle seat will be able to handle it.) Last: I really don't like the column-mounted shifter (but I'm sure I'll get used to it).

Overall: great car! Felt like a very refined S4 and I didn't even begin to test its limits. It's not cheap (whenever I option it, I get past $60,000 really quick) but the combination of luxury, sport, looks, and available safety equipment is extremely hard to beat. I still want to compare to the Jaguar XE (great looks, almost as powerful supercharged V6, and highly praised handling) but if I got a great deal on a C450 right now, I'd be extremely tempted to take it and not look back.

One other issue: I asked my adviser about the availability of ventilated seats. He said that they have been removed from the interior package (something we knew from the configurator) but are available as an option (although you have to get the interior package with its leather seats to choose this option). I haven't had time to confirm that on the configurator.

Looking forward to more reviews--hope everyone who ordered one gets their car as soon as possible!
Nice brief review! Certainly makes me feel like I made the right choice in not getting a preowned C400.

I'd double check on the ventilated seats. I don't even think it's a standalone option. Having asked the dealership and some other, I didn't get a good response on that. My salesperson also contacted MB HQ to double check but to no avail. It's pretty similar to what MBUSA did to the C63, in which the ventilated seats were stripped for "performance purposes", so afaik the Alabama plant doesn't have any ventilated seats in stock for assembly.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by bcborn
Longtime lurker here.
Welcome! Good info, thanks for sharing that.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that you were in Dublin, OH when you took your test drive...

...close?
Old 09-23-2015, 10:28 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that you were in Dublin, OH when you took your test drive...

...close?
Ha, Crown Eurocars of Dublin? That'll be my Benz dealer when I go to place my order in early 2016 (need to pay off my school loans in full first!). Have heard great things and my sister and brother in law have had great experiences there, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the dealer the lucky poster was working with.

To the guy who posted the review, great read and thanks for taking the time to post! Has made me even more excited for when my time to order comes.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:40 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s

...close?
Thank you for the great feedback.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:56 AM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by autopal
19' winter tires are expensive, plus, I wouldn't want to be changing tires on rims twice per year. You are not only damaging your tires each time, but you run the risk of damaging the rims as well. For winter, the recommendation is always one size down, and narrower tires, so I will be definitely getting a set of 18s for winter. Then I can do the switch myself. I just find it so much easier, and less hassle, and I don't think it cost me anymore over the 5 years I plan on keeping the car
I think that I am going to take your advice and purchase 18" rims with the winter tires. The on-line retailers actually show availability with these tires. It should be a lot easier than remounting 19" tires. The rims are not nearly expensive as M-B's OE.

Does any one know what 19" summer performance tires are on the C450? The DOG just indicates 225/40 R19 RF (Front) and 255/35 R19 RF (Rear).
Old 09-24-2015, 12:50 PM

2016 C450
FYI for those waiting on the C450... I had placed an order in late July (long island, ny) and was originally told to expect delivery in mid October. Was surprised to just get a call from my sales rep indicating that the car is at VPC and he should expect the car to be delivered in about 5 days!
Old 09-24-2015, 01:36 PM

C450
That's great news. I ordered mine on 7/28. Just saw my guy yesterday and he told me the car is scheduled to be built on 9/28. Hopefully they'll move mine up. They sure are taking their own sweet time in presenting this car.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:39 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by balessi75
FYI for those waiting on the C450... I had placed an order in late July (long island, ny) and was originally told to expect delivery in mid October. Was surprised to just get a call from my sales rep indicating that the car is at VPC and he should expect the car to be delivered in about 5 days!
Good luck having your car released from the VPC. Mine was down in the "Black Hole/Bermuda Triangle" since 8/27 and it just left today. Hopefully your vehicle will not be in limbo for a month.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:44 PM

MB C450 (soon)
Delivery

C450 is in at Ft. Mitchell, KY dealership. Will pick up on Saturday. Looking forward to a little Saturday afternoon cruise.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:48 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by ScubaKing
C450 is in at Ft. Mitchell, KY dealership. Will pick up on Saturday. Looking forward to a little Saturday afternoon cruise.
Congrats and looking forward to some pics.

Mine is supposed to arrive at the dealership tomorrow but I will believe it when I see it. I am a little skeptical since the sales rep already missed 3 estimated ETAs. I am too busy to grab it if by the grace of god it does show-up Friday. Hopefully, I can get my financing together tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:15 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Congrats and looking forward to some pics.

Mine is supposed to arrive at the dealership tomorrow but I will believe it when I see it. I am a little skeptical since the sales rep already missed 3 estimated ETAs. I am too busy to grab it if by the grace of god it does show-up Friday. Hopefully, I can get my financing together tomorrow.
In fairness to your sales rep he/she is probably just going off the information Mercedes provides - it's their fault the cars are being delayed. My rep told me an ETA of 9/20 which was missed, then arrival this week and delivery on Sat, and just now bumped to next week. Trying to get some more details from him but I bet mine's just sitting at the VPC too.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:24 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by jaywac
In fairness to your sales rep he/she is probably just going off the information Mercedes provides - it's their fault the cars are being delayed. My rep told me an ETA of 9/20 which was missed, then arrival this week and delivery on Sat, and just now bumped to next week. Trying to get some more details from him but I bet mine's just sitting at the VPC too.
I don't blame the sales rep. He is just the messenger. I honestly thought there was a problem with the vehicle and was seeking alternative transportation. It looks like I should be good to go soon.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I don't blame the sales rep. He is just the messenger. I honestly thought there was a problem with the vehicle and was seeking alternative transportation. It looks like I should be good to go soon.
http://www.smailmercedesbenz.com/new...le-greensburg-

At least it's not a PA boycott... these are the first two that I have actually seen in a PA dealer's inventory.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:30 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
http://www.smailmercedesbenz.com/new...le-greensburg-

At least it's not a PA boycott... these are the first two that I have actually seen in a PA dealer's inventory.
I am in trouble ... Mine maybe still be a valid boycott since I ordered the vehicle in Princeton, NJ. TMoney is off the hook.

Last edited by iwork4wine; 09-24-2015 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-24-2015, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I am in trouble ... Mine maybe still be a valid boycott since I ordered the vehicle in Princeton, NJ. TMoney is off the hook.
You're good... Nothing at Princeton yet (except for a boat load of GLE450 AMG Sports ), but Catena has two: http://www.raycatenaunion.com/new-in...or-bodyStyle-0
Old 09-24-2015, 04:32 PM

N/A
I think that I am going to take your advice and purchase 18" rims with the winter tires. The on-line retailers actually show availability with these tires. It should be a lot easier than remounting 19" tires. The rims are not nearly expensive as M-B's OE.

Does any one know what 19" summer performance tires are on the C450? The DOG just indicates 225/40 R19 RF (Front) and 255/35 R19 RF (Rear).
Will C400 winter tire package fit in the C450? The dealer says C450 package costs $4800 versus $2800 for C400...
Old 09-24-2015, 06:31 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
You're good... Nothing at Princeton yet (except for a boat load of GLE450 AMG Sports ), but Catena has two: http://www.raycatenaunion.com/new-in...or-bodyStyle-0
You should be seeing a C450 show-up in Princeton shortly unless they do not add sold vehicles to the on-line inventory. I finally have the word that "The Eagle Has Landed".
Old 09-24-2015, 06:36 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by gawaynel
Will C400 winter tire package fit in the C450? The dealer says C450 package costs $4800 versus $2800 for C400...
I know the tire size is the same for the C450 as the C400 but I am not sure about the rim width. I am pretty sure they are the same since I have been shopping at TireRack.com using a C400 as the car for selecting ires. They finally added the C450 on Tuesday to their website.

$4,800.00 Sounds outrageous. Mine priced-out ~$1,900.00 with 18" rims and Pirelli Sottozero 210 Series II Run Flats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.