C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by macct
Also, thank you to Vipershade. I appreciate the responses and your command of the car's specs.
Thanks man... (I think we can chalk that up to working from home and being bored waiting for this ride to be built )

I finally was able to test drive a C450 earlier in the week. Overall, the car felt tight and nimble for its size. My other impressions are:

* Acceleration from a standstill was good, but not really noteworthy. The C63, M3 and Macan Turbo feel more powerful off the line. Once moving, though it was fine. The car sounds great upon start-up, offering sounds beyond a luxury car, but far from boy racer.
* I prefer sport mode. The steering feels better and the car seems more coordinated than in comfort. The car moves well in Sport +, but I know I won't use it often.
* Steering feel was very good, offering more feedback than BMW. It was the major reason I crossed off the 4 series Gran Coupe from the list.
* Ride - firm and a bit unsettled. I think the unsettled may be from the runflats themselves or possibly being overinflated. I didn't notice a big difference between comfort and the other settings. I was expecting a firm ride, so it didn't really matter. Has anyone else noticed that?
* Handling was good. I really appreciate the feel of the car. I think the Gran Touring Runflats are the weak link, though. I can see having fun with this car with better tires. Not having high performance (summer or all seasons) is a let down.
* Noise level - more prominent than a C300, BMW 4 series or Macan Turbo, but more quiet and refined than an M3.

Overall, I really liked the car. I wish it had better tires and wider rims. I also wished you can have Sport or Custom as a default setting. Even though the C450 is not perfect for me, I ultimately decided it offered the best combination of the items I wanted. The other selection was a Macan Turbo. The Macan is also super nice. It handles exceptionally well for a small SUV. It is also so polished and the engine & transmission seem well sorted. In the end, though, I think the C450 will be more fun. It feels nimble, while the Macan doesn't.
Very nice review... thx for sharing that. I'm with you on the tires and wheels.

I have a December build. The November slots wouldn't permit surround view or the performance seats. My build options are:

Iridium Silver
Black & Red int with Performance Seats
Carbon Fiber
Pano Roof
Hands Free
Multi Media
P2 & Parktronic
18" Wheels

I was going back and forth between the 18s and 19" 5 spoke wheels. I really want to change out the wheels (wider wheels) with better tires, and definitely not runflats. Not sure what my options are, or what will fit the car at this point.

Thanks for reading.
That will be very nice indeed.

That's strange about the November build slots. It sounds like maybe they already had something configured and already in the queue.

I would think if they could enter your options (meaning that nothing was showing up unavailable in the order system) that it wouldn't matter what build date you had. Unless there was a note about surround view unavailable until December (for example).

(I'll ask about that and see what I can find out).
Old 09-30-2015, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
It seemed like production in Tuscaloosa was ahead of schedule. My sales rep was probably accurate indicating that a new engine type, even in an existing model takes time. How frustrating. I am glad your vehicle passed through the "Baltimore Triangle" quickly.
They misplaced the red engine covers

I cannot wait to see your interior. It should be sweet!!
Yeah, lets hope the German configurator didn't make them look nicer than they actually are!
Old 09-30-2015, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by Vipershade
They misplaced the red engine covers

Yeah, lets hope the German configurator didn't make them look nicer than they actually are!
Those darn red covers where the hold-up.

I think the car looked nicer in person than what was shown on the German configurator. I was very concerned if I would like the vehicle on the way over to the dealership since I am essentially stuck with it.

The car was parked in the cross-walk between sales and service I was very happy with the first sighting. I am sure you will be very happy, if not I will trade yah (LOL).
Old 09-30-2015, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Those darn red covers where the hold-up.

I think the car looked nicer in person than what was shown on the German configurator. I was very concerned if I would like the vehicle on the way over to the dealership since I am essentially stuck with it.

The car was parked in the cross-walk between sales and service I was very happy with the first sighting. I am sure you will be very happy, if not I will trade yah (LOL).
Your on!

Okay, I think you can safely update you signature/description info
Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Your on!

Okay, I think you can safely update you signature/description info
iwork4wine, you're going to get me back for that one, aren't you?
Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 PM

2016 C450 AMG Sport
I am sorry I have not posted pictures yet of my AMG C450 I picked mine up last week on Saturday morning.

Will be posting pictures between now and this weekend.

For those of you waiting for your vehicle .... this car is amazing definitely worth the wait. Got the pleasure of driving it from New York down to North Carolina to test drive the new ride out.

Getting window tints installed this Friday will post the pictures probably after that
Old 09-30-2015, 09:05 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
iwork4wine, you're going to get me back for that one, aren't you?
Yah better be quick with the trigger (regarding the profile change) when you get back from the dealer. (LOL)
Old 09-30-2015, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Yah better be quick with the trigger (regarding the profile change) when you get back from the dealer. (LOL)
Roger that!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:44 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Congrats to the new owners. Also, thank you to Vipershade. I appreciate the responses and your command of the car's specs.

I finally was able to test drive a C450 earlier in the week. Overall, the car felt tight and nimble for its size. My other impressions are:

* Acceleration from a standstill was good, but not really noteworthy. The C63, M3 and Macan Turbo feel more powerful off the line. Once moving, though it was fine. The car sounds great upon start-up, offering sounds beyond a luxury car, but far from boy racer.
* I prefer sport mode. The steering feels better and the car seems more coordinated than in comfort. The car moves well in Sport +, but I know I won't use it often.
* Steering feel was very good, offering more feedback than BMW. It was the major reason I crossed off the 4 series Gran Coupe from the list.
* Ride - firm and a bit unsettled. I think the unsettled may be from the runflats themselves or possibly being overinflated. I didn't notice a big difference between comfort and the other settings. I was expecting a firm ride, so it didn't really matter. Has anyone else noticed that?
* Handling was good. I really appreciate the feel of the car. I think the Gran Touring Runflats are the weak link, though. I can see having fun with this car with better tires. Not having high performance (summer or all seasons) is a let down.
* Noise level - more prominent than a C300, BMW 4 series or Macan Turbo, but more quiet and refined than an M3.

Overall, I really liked the car. I wish it had better tires and wider rims. I also wished you can have Sport or Custom as a default setting. Even though the C450 is not perfect for me, I ultimately decided it offered the best combination of the items I wanted. The other selection was a Macan Turbo. The Macan is also super nice. It handles exceptionally well for a small SUV. It is also so polished and the engine & transmission seem well sorted. In the end, though, I think the C450 will be more fun. It feels nimble, while the Macan doesn't.

I have a December build. The November slots wouldn't permit surround view or the performance seats. My build options are:

Iridium Silver
Black & Red int with Performance Seats
Carbon Fiber
Pano Roof
Hands Free
Multi Media
P2 & Parktronic
18" Wheels

I was going back and forth between the 18s and 19" 5 spoke wheels. I really want to change out the wheels (wider wheels) with better tires, and definitely not runflats. Not sure what my options are, or what will fit the car at this point.

Thanks for reading.
Great review, thanks for posting. Was your test drive with the 18s or 19s? If the former, do you think the 19s and their performance tires would help mitigate the tire issue you were feeling?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Confirmed the bad news. Car will arrive late October with designo Diamond white paint, designo saddle brown interior, and halogen headlights. Some unsuspecting old person will be buying it since we will be placing a new December build.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Confirmed the bad news. Car will arrive late October with designo Diamond white paint, designo saddle brown interior, and halogen headlights. Some unsuspecting old person will be buying it since we will be placing a new December build.
That really sucks... The person that misrepresented P2 should be forced to buy that one, and pay for your complimentary P2.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I think this thread may close the door on the designo interior / performance steering wheel white stripe at 12 o'clock question:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-c...a-leather.html

Multiple C63s have been spotted with this combination and none of them have a white stripe (all black / no stripes). This leads to the question of what combination does have the white stripe, and it seems that the white stripe is associated with the 851 – Black/Platinum White Nappa Leather $2,590 (and possibly 801 – Black Nappa Leather $2,590) which is not available on the C450.

I'll know for sure today, but it doesn't look good for the white stripe. And when you think about it, it wasn't like they would do a brown stripe if you got the saddle brown designo interior.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:36 AM

Mercedes C450, Volvo V60 cc
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Great review, thanks for posting. Was your test drive with the 18s or 19s? If the former, do you think the 19s and their performance tires would help mitigate the tire issue you were feeling?
The 19s should definitely provide better grip, being a summer high performance tire. I have no idea on ride quality, albeit run flats are always at a disadvantage compared to a typical design. IMO, the 18s leave a lot to be desire. While they may have been over inflated, their ride quality was not great on smooth roads and their handling capabilities contradict the performance aspirations of the car. I personally will not keep them on the car.

I didn't opt for the 19s, knowing I didn't love any of the wheels design and the tires would need to immediately changed out with delivery in December. I may do high performance all seasons on the 18s if I cant decide on what I want or do for wheels until the Spring.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:56 AM

And when you think about it, it wasn't like they would do a brown stripe if you got the saddle brown designo interior.
A sh*t streak/skidmark on the steerling wheel would be hilarious, though.

The 19s should definitely provide better grip, being a summer high performance tire. I have no idea on ride quality, albeit run flats are always at a disadvantage compared to a typical design. IMO, the 18s leave a lot to be desire. While they may have been over inflated, their ride quality was not great on smooth roads and their handling capabilities contradict the performance aspirations of the car. I personally will not keep them on the car.

I didn't opt for the 19s, knowing I didn't love any of the wheels design and the tires would need to immediately changed out with delivery in December. I may do high performance all seasons on the 18s if I cant decide on what I want or do for wheels until the Spring.
Sounds great, thanks for the response. I'm in the same boat as you...trying to decide if I should just go with stock 18s and throw winter tires on them, then buy 19s from a 3rd party and put summer performance tires on them. Decisions, decisions.

I'm also with you on not loving any offered 19" wheel designs, I wish they had some all black wheels similar to the C63 offerings. That said, these (below) are growing on me - can anyone confirm they actually look this dark/black in real life and it's not just a photo effect? Most other pics they barely look black at all.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Thank God that I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read that.

Sounds great, thanks for the response. I'm in the same boat as you...trying to decide if I should just go with stock 18s and throw winter tires on them, then buy 19s from a 3rd party and put summer performance tires on them. Decisions, decisions.

I'm also with you on not loving any offered 19" wheel designs, I wish they had some all black wheels similar to the C63 offerings. That said, these (below) are growing on me - can anyone confirm they actually look this dark/black in real life and it's not just a photo effect? Most other pics they barely look black at all.
You will be amazed at how much nicer some of these wheels look in-person.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450

Yep
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_2196.jpeg  
Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
If you also order the 281 steering wheel ($500), from what I was told, you should get the red stripe.

It would be nice for a confirmation photo on this... I'll see if I can find one from the dealers that have posted non-stock photos.
I was looking through pictures of actual cars arrived on dealer lot on Autotrader and did not see any steering wheel with color stripe at the 120'clock position at all, even the one that has the optional $500 performance steering wheel.

I was hoping for the red stripe to match the red seat belts and stitching.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:02 PM

BMW F30 335i M-Sport
Originally Posted by skullboy
I was looking through pictures of actual cars arrived on dealer lot on Autotrader and did not see any steering wheel with color stripe at the 120'clock position at all, even the one that has the optional $500 performance steering wheel.

I was hoping for the red stripe to match the red seat belts and stitching.
Well, from a logical driving standpoint, the C63 is only RWD and has gobs of power, so the stripe at 12:00 makes sense as you'll need it to point the front end properly when you get into a drift and not pull off a 'tank slapper'.... the C450 has 4matic so there should be much less 'drifting' as compared to a true RWD car... therefore, no need for a stripe
Old 10-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Damn this Joaquin Hurricane...the 450 been locked up since pick up date...looking pretty as ever though

Old 10-01-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Waylon Zeng
Yep
Thanks for the pic, those look great.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:22 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Damn this Joaquin Hurricane...the 450 been locked up since pick up date...looking pretty as ever though

Beyond a few errands, mine has not seen much daylight either. I have all 42 miles on mine.

I am anxious to see Vipers pics. Since I almost went with the white designo seats.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 AMG C63S
The base C63 does not have a different colored 12'clock marker on the steering wheel, regardless of which steering wheel it is equipped with. Only the C63 S model has the marker as an S-model exclusive feature.

I think this thread may close the door on the designo interior / performance steering wheel white stripe at 12 o'clock question:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-c...a-leather.html

Multiple C63s have been spotted with this combination and none of them have a white stripe (all black / no stripes). This leads to the question of what combination does have the white stripe, and it seems that the white stripe is associated with the 851 – Black/Platinum White Nappa Leather $2,590 (and possibly 801 – Black Nappa Leather $2,590) which is not available on the C450.

I'll know for sure today, but it doesn't look good for the white stripe. And when you think about it, it wasn't like they would do a brown stripe if you got the saddle brown designo interior.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:41 PM

Infiniti G37x
Originally Posted by apilla11
I am sorry I have not posted pictures yet of my AMG C450 I picked mine up last week on Saturday morning.

Will be posting pictures between now and this weekend.

For those of you waiting for your vehicle .... this car is amazing definitely worth the wait. Got the pleasure of driving it from New York down to North Carolina to test drive the new ride out.

Getting window tints installed this Friday will post the pictures probably after that
Do you recommend doing the window tints at the dealership, or elsewhere? What's a good price, what % of tint?
Thank you!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:14 PM

Infiniti G37x
Has anybody noticed in the original C450 Dealer Ordering Guide, the Night Package changes the grill from Diamond to Two Louvers like in C400. What are your thoughts, which grill do you like more?
Thank you
Old 10-01-2015, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Nautilus7
Has anybody noticed in the original C450 Dealer Ordering Guide, the Night Package changes the grill from Diamond to Two Louvers like in C400. What are your thoughts, which grill do you like more?
Thank you
Diamond grill is much better, IMO...but I'm pretty sure even the Night Package vehicles comes with the diamond grill.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.