C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Bourne
Thanks mate.

Now I have to find a way to wait 6 weeks. It's really hard.

No one here has a user manual of the C450 so that we can spend useful time learning about the car ?

Only 6 weeks left man that will be over soon I still have 5 months waiting, I know the build of the car is 12 january, then after still 8 weeks .. the wait is really hard
Old 11-11-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
I was supposed to buy a C450 they had in stock but someone bought it before me by mistake of the vendor. Hence they try to deliver me within an internal slot they had for their showroom. The 6 w duration is not guaranteed but I have to hope ...
Old 11-11-2015, 05:20 PM

2016 C450
Response from kleeman

I got a response from kleeman about their tuning box. The increase is about 50hp, 45tq to the crank. The down part is they only offer 1 tuning box for the m276 engine. C450 owners paying more per unit increase than the C400 owners. Here is the email response I received.

We do indeed offer a tuning box for your C450- end result is the same as the C400- about 410 HP, 415 TQ on USA pump fuel. The box is priced at $1495.00. Unfortunately, I don’t have one in stock at the moment, but can have one here in roughly 1 week with a deposit.

More info here (although not specific to the 450 AMG):

http://catalog.kleemann.dk/catalog/400-v6-biturbo-cgi-m276/k-box-400-v6-biturbo-cgi/

If you have any other questions or wish to place an order, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Last edited by willywonka; 11-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:23 PM

2016 C450
I was supposed to buy a C450 they had in stock but someone bought it before me by mistake of the vendor. Hence they try to deliver me within an internal slot they had for their showroom. The 6 w duration is not guaranteed but I have to hope ...
That's not bad. My dealer has 13 on the lot but only 5 have leather and of those are horrific builds in my opinion. I started looking at it in mid October and was given the first week December allocation build spot. I was told Christmas 2015. So that's roughly 8 weeks.

Since I wanted night package and lighting package etc the dealer was unable to trade for a car. Apparently that's a very rare add on combination.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Thanks mate.

Now I have to find a way to wait 6 weeks. It's really hard.

No one here has a user manual of the C450 so that we can spend useful time learning about the car ?
User manual is on our site under the docs section
Old 11-11-2015, 11:24 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Not sure where everyone is located but will be going down to baton rouge, la this sunday to drag the 450 to see what numbers i get with the tune on. if anyone is close or interested in coming let me know
Old 11-12-2015, 04:33 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Originally Posted by willywonka
That's not bad. My dealer has 13 on the lot but only 5 have leather and of those are horrific builds in my opinion. I started looking at it in mid October and was given the first week December allocation build spot. I was told Christmas 2015. So that's roughly 8 weeks.

Since I wanted night package and lighting package etc the dealer was unable to trade for a car. Apparently that's a very rare add on combination.
Indeed it is not bad.
What is helping in getting my car quickly is the fiscal year. Here in FR the FY is Dec 31st and they want to add my order into their P&L before accounting closure. To do so they have to register the car (immatriculation) and deliver it.

Does anyone know the workflow of the C450 built and whether they are fully built in Breme or do they go to Affarletbach for the AMG adjustments?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Indeed it is not bad.
What is helping in getting my car quickly is the fiscal year. Here in FR the FY is Dec 31st and they want to add my order into their P&L before accounting closure. To do so they have to register the car (immatriculation) and deliver it.

Does anyone know the workflow of the C450 built and whether they are fully built in Breme or do they go to Affarletbach for the AMG adjustments?
Not sure if its different in Europe, but i believe they are all built in Vance, Alabama. As we are unable to get the European delivery option like we were for my dads S class.

Not sure anyone in europe would really want to do an alabama delivery
Old 11-12-2015, 09:04 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Originally Posted by Brutus2015
Not sure if its different in Europe, but i believe they are all built in Vance, Alabama. As we are unable to get the European delivery option like we were for my dads S class.

Not sure anyone in europe would really want to do an alabama delivery
I still don't see how / when AMG adds the AMG adjustments stuff during the build. Or does MB uses parts which are already delivered with AMG specs (suspensions, steering etc...)
Old 11-12-2015, 09:18 AM
awz

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 C300, 2023 EQB 350
AMG Parts

I still don't see how / when AMG adds the AMG adjustments stuff during the build. Or does MB uses parts which are already delivered with AMG specs (suspensions, steering etc...)
Yes, AMG parts are delivered to the assembly plant. Here in the U.S., it's Vance, Alabama. Cars built there are generally at the dealers in three weeks or less. For you in Europe, I'm sure the work flow is the same for the Bremen plant. Moreover, even the C63's for the U.S. are completely assembled in Vance.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:28 AM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by awz
Yes, AMG parts are delivered to the assembly plant. Here in the U.S., it's Vance, Alabama. Cars built there are generally at the dealers in three weeks or less. For you in Europe, I'm sure the work flow is the same for the Bremen plant. Moreover, even the C63's for the U.S. are completely assembled in Vance.
so do they make the c in germany as well for the european models?
Old 11-12-2015, 09:39 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
I called AMG in Affartelbach last week for a specific query. I understood through the discussion that the only thing they do is to build AMG ENGINES. This confirms what AWZ said.

Yes Brutus our C's here in europe, at least in France, are built in Germany.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 AM

2016 C450
I called AMG in Affartelbach last week for a specific query. I understood through the discussion that the only thing they do is to build AMG ENGINES. This confirms what AWZ said.

Yes Brutus our C's here in europe, at least in France, are built in Germany.
The
Old 11-12-2015, 11:02 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Originally Posted by willywonka
The
??
Old 11-12-2015, 11:40 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Originally Posted by cajun1689
User manual is on our site under the docs section
Thanks Cajun, that's very useful

The manual indicates several precautions for the breaking period (first 1000 miles !). Are you really applying these restrictions for those who already received their C450?
Driving only on C mode, below 4500rpm etc... ends up by being frustrating on such a car no?
I thought recent cars do not need breaking period anymore as they were pre-broken by manufacturer. I'm maye be wrong...
Old 11-12-2015, 01:01 PM

2016 C450
??
I didn't know how to fully delete the post.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
So, I finally pick up my C450 this past Tuesday. Pretty awesome car, lots of smooth power, I really don't need any of those engine tune, as I can't imagine me needing more power. The experience is mostly positive, and I'm very happy with my purchase, but there's a few things that surprises me. (1) I don't love the AMG performance steering wheel as much as I thought, the AMG logo on the wheel is very nice, but I prefer the grip on the standard steering wheel. (2) The exhaust note in sport and sport+ is not as loud and aggressive as I thought, and was hoping for, based on all the videos and owner feedback I read, I'm hoping some decent, high quality aftermarket exhaust options will surfaced shortly, and (3) the Comand interface is nice, but not as intuitive as BMW's iDrive. The interior though, world class, I love it, that was the main reason I switched from BMW. I have seen people complaining about the "tacked on" tablet. It is actually one of my favourite things about the interior, it's just so modern and beautiful
Old 11-12-2015, 01:03 PM

2016 C450
For those of you who have a broken in car, how is the exhaust note in manual mode if you let the rpms go into the 6000 range in gear 3 or 4?
Old 11-12-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Thanks Cajun, that's very useful

The manual indicates several precautions for the breaking period (first 1000 miles !). Are you really applying these restrictions for those who already received their C450?
Driving only on C mode, below 4500rpm etc... ends up by being frustrating on such a car no?
I thought recent cars do not need breaking period anymore as they were pre-broken by manufacturer. I'm maye be wrong...
I adhere to my own break in method.I constantly vary the rpm,s up & down,not exceeding 4500 rpm for the first 250 miles.From 250 miles to about 750 miles I occasionaly go to 5500 rpm,still not driving at a constant speed for long duration.I heard many years ago that driving at a constant speed when new could cause the rings to seat at only that rpm,and it may burn oil at other speeds.After 750 miles I make an occasional full throttle start.After 1000 miles all restrictions are off.I have used this method for at least 15 new cars and never had a warranty problem with the engine or driveline,and none of my cars used oil.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by autopal
So, I finally pick up my C450 this past Tuesday. Pretty awesome car, lots of smooth power, I really don't need any of those engine tune, as I can't imagine me needing more power. The experience is mostly positive, and I'm very happy with my purchase, but there's a few things that surprises me. (1) I don't love the AMG performance steering wheel as much as I thought, the AMG logo on the wheel is very nice, but I prefer the grip on the standard steering wheel. (2) The exhaust note in sport and sport+ is not as loud and aggressive as I thought, and was hoping for, based on all the videos and owner feedback I read, I'm hoping some decent, high quality aftermarket exhaust options will surfaced shortly, and (3) the Comand interface is nice, but not as intuitive as BMW's iDrive. The interior though, world class, I love it, that was the main reason I switched from BMW. I have seen people complaining about the "tacked on" tablet. It is actually one of my favourite things about the interior, it's just so modern and beautiful
I just picked up my C450 yesterday. The thing I found most amazing is that the car is actually 0.2" shorter than my CLA45, but it feels like a larger car. The steering wheel is very much the same as what was on the CLA, so it feels familiar enough.
For those who have knowledge of the CLA45, much has been written about the slight lag in throttle response when starting out from a full stop. I got used to having to press the accelerator pedal down a ways before the CLA would pull away. On the C450, doing the same thing makes the car jump away quickly. I'll have to concentrate on pushing down more smoothly on the gas...
Aside from that one thing, my first impressions of the C450 are that it is pretty awesome. The interior is gorgeous, the seats (standard, not sport) are super comfortable and the car definitely has power. I only had a couple of hours yesterday to play with COMAND, but I think I got of the important parameters set up the way I want. I can't wait for the weekend so I can spend some more time "tweaking" everything.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:32 PM

C450
Originally Posted by AMG_BUFF
I just picked up my C450 yesterday. The thing I found most amazing is that the car is actually 0.2" shorter than my CLA45, but it feels like a larger car. The steering wheel is very much the same as what was on the CLA, so it feels familiar enough.
For those who have knowledge of the CLA45, much has been written about the slight lag in throttle response when starting out from a full stop. I got used to having to press the accelerator pedal down a ways before the CLA would pull away. On the C450, doing the same thing makes the car jump away quickly. I'll have to concentrate on pushing down more smoothly on the gas...
Aside from that one thing, my first impressions of the C450 are that it is pretty awesome. The interior is gorgeous, the seats (standard, not sport) are super comfortable and the car definitely has power. I only had a couple of hours yesterday to play with COMAND, but I think I got of the important parameters set up the way I want. I can't wait for the weekend so I can spend some more time "tweaking" everything.
Glad to hear so many of us are pleased with the car. I definitely feel the same way. In regards to the 'tweaking', just being an old fart with the technological expertise of a luddite, I haven't done much to the car and have just been driving it pretty much as delivered (aside from downloading 400 songs into the hard drive). Any special discoveries or set ups that have especially pleased anyone would be appreciated if shared. My build included multimedia, parking, distronic, and leather. No panorama, lights, or hud.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:00 PM

W205 C450 AMG Sport
I picked mine up on Nov 8th, been busy and havn't taken any pics yet. Love the car, absolutely stunning. My only complaint is from 1st gear to 2nd gear in comfort mode, with light gas, the car stutters. Was partially repeatable on a demo as well. Not sure if that is the case for everyone else out there. Dealer acknowledged the issue and will look into it after I completely break it in to see if issue persists. Interesting thing is it doesn't happen no matter how hard I try to replicate it in sport mode. Havn't driven in Sport+, still only 3xx km. I love the News App, gives me a dose of news while I'm at the red light. The favourite menu is kind of disappointing as I can't set it to go to specific screens which renders it useless, specifically I want to favourite Engine Data screen but it won't allow me and it goes as far as "vehicle" which is same as pushing the button on the center console. All in all, love the car and did not regret getting it. So far no wind noise, speakers are great, no problems with keyless go, etc.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
In reading all the positive posts from owners it makes you wonder why Mercedes didn't just introduce the C450 for the initial 2015 model year. I knew this car was a winner the moment I drove it. You guys really have a great Benz. I have a friend that is waiting for the C450 Coupe, that should be a hoot to drive.

M
Old 11-12-2015, 04:11 PM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Originally Posted by autopal
Happy to see that you're among the lucky ones who received the car. I,m a bit disappointed with your comments on the AMG driving wheel. I've been hesitating a lot on this option and many of you gave positive feedback on the look and feel but also the grip. I'll have to check by myself but just to have the sexy AMG logo it is maybe worth it
Your 3 rd critic doesn't surprise me at all. It is vey known that COMAND system is the less efficient and smart of the 3 premium German cars. I've been myself used to Audi MMI and don't expect MB to impress me on this area.

For the exhaust sound I'm sure all people on videos were pushing the pedal like crazy while i assume you're being a bit more prudent during the breaking period of your C450.
During my previous test drive I did some kick-downs and found the exhaust great. But this is subjective and depends on what you are used to and expecting.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:14 PM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
While waiting for my C450 delivery I would like to know if the sound system can manage high quality music files like flac or ogg vorbis?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.