C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Engine Shutting Itself Off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 06:37 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
For anyone annoyed with disabling the start / stop feature each time, you can pick up one of our OBD programmers that retains "last mode" for this feature, you can take a look at our vehicle coverages HERE. Pick one up today!

Old 12-28-2021, 06:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C300 4matic Premium package 2010 C2504matic sports
having the same symptoms twice ,once going slowly uphill,once going downhill with Costco premium gas. Scares the **** out of me as it happened twice when the car was moving slowly uphill or downhill at around zero degree celsius(32F) cold weather. Good job cars were moving slowly in the cold weather. Going to take it in to check. Hope they believe me at this has happened to lots people it seems since this thread was started in 2015.
Old 12-29-2021, 12:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
ATTENTION ALL ~~~~~~~ I THINK I FOUND A FIX FOR THIS!

Basically this was random, but I never have this car stalled on me again after replacing the OEM BATTERY!!!!

Long story short, my battery went dead last spring. I didn't bother to bring the car back to dealership and called CAA to come change my battery, paid for a new one on my own pocket and the car did not stall on me again!
It is now 9-10 months of driving and I kept the car on its ECO ON/OFF, every time the car started back and kept on running.

Don't ask me the reason how a battery fixed this, I'm not an engineer nor an electrician. I replaced the battery and the car never stalled on me, this is a fact.

If you guys want to have a try, change to another non OEM battery and see.

Hope this is a real fix for this issue. Good Luck guys.

The following users liked this post:
petaling (12-29-2021)
Old 01-06-2022, 07:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C300 4matic Premium package 2010 C2504matic sports
Originally Posted by skylai
ATTENTION ALL ~~~~~~~ I THINK I FOUND A FIX FOR THIS!

Basically this was random, but I never have this car stalled on me again after replacing the OEM BATTERY!!!!

Long story short, my battery went dead last spring. I didn't bother to bring the car back to dealership and called CAA to come change my battery, paid for a new one on my own pocket and the car did not stall on me again!
It is now 9-10 months of driving and I kept the car on its ECO ON/OFF, every time the car started back and kept on running.

Don't ask me the reason how a battery fixed this, I'm not an engineer nor an electrician. I replaced the battery and the car never stalled on me, this is a fact.

If you guys want to have a try, change to another non OEM battery and see.

Hope this is a real fix for this issue. Good Luck guys.
Thanks , will try that if issue occurs again.

Took my car in, ServiceAdvisor says no code found as in" engine did not die" just no power when accelerator was pressed down,therefore no code.Found nothing wrong(same thing happens to my Comand Centre when it had hiccups .It was updated and finally died and replaced) Updated car "SOFTWARE", advise return if it happens again. I will def replace the battery,maybe even with CAA, first then as it is WFH time and I have only done 11000 km( 7000 miles) in 2 years.

Last edited by petaling; 01-06-2022 at 08:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
skylai (01-06-2022)
Old 03-11-2023, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C200 CGI (W204)
Originally Posted by pcdsl
Hey guys, I had this happen to me 3 times now. When idling at the light (just started the car and drove out the parking lot at work), the car would shut itself off. All the warning lights will come on (It's not the Eco feature). I have to restart the car with the push start to reset it. Then it'll work fine. I'm going to have to find a way to film it next time it happens to show the dealer. ODB2 reader doesn't show any codes, and the car display is not showing any error messages. A few occasions I saw the RPM move up slightly and then back down; this happens right before the car engine shuts off.

Wondering if anyone else had this issue? i remember seeing someone else might have had this happen to them before.
I have, and this was caused by a worn freewheel clutch pulley on the alternator. That might be the case on your car.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
This issue just reoccurred yesterday, it came back after over 2 years...