C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Arrrggghhhhhh......F*^&**(()))(*&$**KKKKKKKKk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C class w205 from July '15, BMW 525i E60 LCI
Arrrggghhhhhh......F*^&**(()))(*&$**KKKKKKKKk

Guys,

I've been going through these forums like a bible everyday for past 6 months since i had placed a custom order for my W205.

I am in an island in the caribbean.

I placed my order for the W205 in early march:
Polar white
AMG exterior
Keyless GO
Burmuster
Reverse camera
High gloss wooden trim interior....

This is after repeatedly harassing the dealer to make sure the car order went in as processed.

According to my dealer, my car was built in Germany, shipped to Trinidad and tobago at the end of May, Reached the port at the end of July.

It took these guys a month to get it out of the port...dealer called me on Friday to say that the car reached the dealership and i can come to view the car.

I went to see the car, barely containing my excitement. Everything was perfect until i walked by the trunk and swing my foot under the trunk.....nothing happened.... I checked the door handles.............no sensors!!!!

I looked at the dealer and said.... what's going on??????? He said that i had only signed the agreement for Keyless go"starting Function" and not "comfort entry"
at this point, if i had an aneurysm in my brain, it would have popped!!!

I repeatedly told this guy that i want the full Keyless go option, but he overlooked the order and placed it without the full functionality.....

Now mind you guys, this car is C180, costing me approximatly US$69,000.00 for the above features alone.

His response was, the car has most of the features except Keyless go comfort entry. And expected me to take the delivery.

I walked out of the dealership, after waiting for 6months anxiously....

I know you guys can't help me out with the situation, just came here to vent my frustration......

At this point, should i jump the boat and go for BMW 318i with all the features i wanted? they are more welcoming there with open arms. The guys in BMW know me with my previous car LCI E60 525i....
Old 08-23-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
^^^^^^^^^ That sounds frustrating. There's so many packages on these things, and so many dealers who don't know the nuances. I can only recommend when you order cars, ask them to print off your order in the system, directly from the Starnet computer and send you the build. I've caught some things that fell thru the crack that way. "Ohhh, you want the TAN leather with the brown wood, not the RED".
Old 08-23-2015, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by floridadriver
^^^^^^^^^ That sounds frustrating. There's so many packages on these things, and so many dealers who don't know the nuances. I can only recommend when you order cars, ask them to print off your order in the system, directly from the Starnet computer and send you the build. I've caught some things that fell thru the crack that way. "Ohhh, you want the TAN leather with the brown wood, not the RED".
I went for leather fabric interior option cause of the extremely hit temperatures. Ventilated seats are inflating the price tag. Couldn't justify the option.

I have to meet with the dealership manager this week to see what they are going to do abt this. I refuse to take the car unless they give it to me for free. I don't think a US$69K should be opened manually!

Next possible option is to reorder (with November delivery) the car with my specs and sweeten the deal for me with heavy discounts. If they refuse to, they will receive a pre-action protocol letter from my lawyer. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by kaliupps; 08-23-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Dealer should be aware of this as you first must select full keyless go to select the Comfort Boot opening option.
However that option is not available when choosing trailer hitch.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Banned

2015 MB Sprinter RV
Wait ... there is no trailer hitch in a C180 (or C300), so what are you talking about? (I have been actually wanting to install one myself, but found no parts or any info on it)

Originally Posted by vic viper
Dealer should be aware of this as you first must select full keyless go to select the Comfort Boot opening option.
However that option is not available when choosing trailer hitch.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:40 PM

none
In Canada, Keyless Start is standard but Keyless Go is a $700 option. The power trunk sensor is also an option at $675.

I have all the both options and they are great but they do not come standard.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by pointbreak
In Canada, Keyless Start is standard but Keyless Go is a $700 option. The power trunk sensor is also an option at $675.

I have all the both options and they are great but they do not come standard.
i didn't expect them to come standard, i was willing to pay for the features and get these options! but the dealer assumed that he put the options in the order to the factory but never did!!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by True101
Wait ... there is no trailer hitch in a C180 (or C300), so what are you talking about? (I have been actually wanting to install one myself, but found no parts or any info on it)

Must be a regional thing, in Europe they are available, it does also have an electric folding function, just pull a switch in the trunk or on the bootlid on the estate.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:33 AM

none
Originally Posted by kaliupps
i didn't expect them to come standard, i was willing to pay for the features and get these options! but the dealer assumed that he put the options in the order to the factory but never did!!
In that case, continue to give your dealer hell!!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Banned

2015 MB Sprinter RV
If in Europe there is a trailer hitch, than that is good news never the less, because it means that there is some room in the body/frame to hold it (and besides, one can always order it online from europe, so thats no barrier). But you said "it also has electric folding function" ... that is confusing, are you sure you are talking about a trailer hitch? A hitch cant be folded, its a permanent structure that gets affixed to the body with powerful screws ... it cant move once installed?

Pic of a typical hitch:

Originally Posted by vic viper
Must be a regional thing, in Europe they are available, it does also have an electric folding function, just pull a switch in the trunk or on the bootlid on the estate.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by True101
If in Europe there is a trailer hitch, than that is good news never the less, because it means that there is some room in the body/frame to hold it (and besides, one can always order it online from europe, so thats no barrier). But you said "it also has electric folding function" ... that is confusing, are you sure you are talking about a trailer hitch? A hitch cant be folded, its a permanent structure that gets affixed to the body with powerful screws ... it cant move once installed?

Pic of a typical hitch:

Works in a similar fashion to this:

Old 08-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Banned

2015 MB Sprinter RV
This is an amazing concept, I might be mistaken, but I dont think we in US ever have had such a foldable hitch. Any chance you'd be able to take photo of your C-class hitch, I can compare it to mine, and see if it is at all possible to retrofit after I receive my car from factory.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:00 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,386 Likes on 2,836 Posts
2012 CLS63
OP that sux! having to wait so long for nothing?
I think it's awesome you left them with the car LOL!
good for you!

so you went with a BMW?
enjoy the ride
Old 08-24-2015, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
OP that sux! having to wait so long for nothing?
I think it's awesome you left them with the car LOL!
good for you!

so you went with a BMW?
enjoy the ride
I looked at the new LCI 3series with MSPORT that BMW is offering......on paper the BMW is out matching the features of the C-Class, but the interior is just depressing compared to the C-class. BMW's interior looks soooo outdated, i just couldnt jump the boat. When i sat in the BMW, except for the MSport features, i couldn't see anything that my OLD LCI E60 525i couldn't do. So couldnt justify an expensive upgrade for MSport features alone.

The deal at mercedes agreed to throw in few goodies as a result of the mix up and look into retro-fitting the keyless go (if it's possible) for additional price of course!

Last edited by kaliupps; 08-24-2015 at 11:03 PM.