C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Key fob opens trunk from 75' away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 05:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Key fob opens trunk from 75' away

I parked my car and went into an appointment only to return to find my trunk open. The trunk open button on the fob must have been pressed while the fob was in my pocket.

I tested how close I needed to be to open the trunk and amazingly I could open it from 75 feet away.

There should be some sort of distance control as to how close you have to be to open the trunk.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:10 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
I had fun with mine in heavy rain the other day. I've got the keyless/comfort opening hatch on my estate. Got something out of the back and then pressed the boot to close. As it was closing, rain ran down the bumper and convinced the sensors that someone was making the kicking motion under the bumper.

So the hatch went back up.

Then the rain convinced it again, so the hatch went down.

And up.

And down.

And up.

etc...

Ended up walking the completely length of the carpark away from the car to get the key out of range and eventually the boot stopped dancing. I then moved a little closer into the fob range and pressed the fob button to lock the car rather than go up to it and use the keyless. Must now get round to turning off the comfort opening because heavy rain tends to happen a lot in the UK in winter!