C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Nice Surprise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300W4
Nice Surprise

I upgraded my wifes car on Monday and traded her 2014 C300W4 in for a new 2016 C300W4. What a great car. She loved her "old" 2014 but I liked the new style and options so for our anniversary I upgraded her. I bought from existing dealer stock, so I wasnt able to get 100% of what she wanted since there was not a single one in the US that had Black/Black with the Burl interior trim. That amazed me but ended up getting her a
2016 C300W4 Black, black MB-Tex, Black/Al trim, P1, P2, heated steering/seats, rear spoiler, basically loaded minus the active lights, fragrance dispenser and NO Sport suspension. The sport suspension would have been a waste and seemed to make it drive worse so I made that a must to not have it.
She loves that car, I love it. I was pleasantly surprised last night to find that it actually had the illuminated star. I kinda like it. I didn't know it had the star when I bought the car but I am pleasantly surprised it has it.

I love all of the safety options and gadgets this thing has. The blind spot and radar based systems on it are awesome. It really is a Baby S. I started to test the automatic braking, but only had the stones to let it warn me with a quick blink of the light, I haven't had the nerve to just let go and allow it do its thing. Has anyone tested the automatic braking?
So far the 140 miles it has have been flawless and
Old 09-24-2015, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
What a nice hubby you are! Congratulations and may she (and you) drive the car with great happiness and health.

Mine is supposed to be built tomorrow in Tuscaloosa. Waiting is so hard........
Old 09-24-2015, 11:26 AM

2016 C300W4
You should not be disappointed. The car is amazing. When MB first changed to the "external" screen for the Multimedia/Nav/Controls, I wasnt sold on it, since every other vehicle has it integrated into the dash, but it really is nice, and the wrap around rear view cam has much better resolution than the 2014.
My ONLY complaint so far is that I have been unable to stream my iphone via bluetooth. I guess that is not a feature that is avail at this time. Im sure I can just try to plug it into the media interface in the console, but haven't had a chance to mess around with that yet. Too many other gadgets to play around with
Old 09-24-2015, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by messer262
You should not be disappointed. The car is amazing. When MB first changed to the "external" screen for the Multimedia/Nav/Controls, I wasnt sold on it, since every other vehicle has it integrated into the dash, but it really is nice, and the wrap around rear view cam has much better resolution than the 2014.
My ONLY complaint so far is that I have been unable to stream my iphone via bluetooth. I guess that is not a feature that is avail at this time. Im sure I can just try to plug it into the media interface in the console, but haven't had a chance to mess around with that yet. Too many other gadgets to play around with
Do you not have command? I know on Command systems you should be able to stream audio from your iPhone. I'm not sure if the same is true of the Audio 20 system? Even my 2012 E350 Coupe with Command, streams audio from my iPhone.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:06 PM

2015 C300 4MATIC
Yes, inadvertently tested the auto breaking / lane keeping.

Scenario. 5:30, driving up the nj turnpike, I took an exit which split into two lanes. On the right was a concrete barrier. And the exit wound to the left.

As I took the exit, I crossed the line without signaling and was going perpendicular to the wall. About a second before turning my steering wheel the car took action. Applied the left rear brake and pulled me back into the lane and away from the wall.

I upgraded my wifes car on Monday and traded her 2014 C300W4 in for a new 2016 C300W4. What a great car. She loved her "old" 2014 but I liked the new style and options so for our anniversary I upgraded her. I bought from existing dealer stock, so I wasnt able to get 100% of what she wanted since there was not a single one in the US that had Black/Black with the Burl interior trim. That amazed me but ended up getting her a
2016 C300W4 Black, black MB-Tex, Black/Al trim, P1, P2, heated steering/seats, rear spoiler, basically loaded minus the active lights, fragrance dispenser and NO Sport suspension. The sport suspension would have been a waste and seemed to make it drive worse so I made that a must to not have it.
She loves that car, I love it. I was pleasantly surprised last night to find that it actually had the illuminated star. I kinda like it. I didn't know it had the star when I bought the car but I am pleasantly surprised it has it.

I love all of the safety options and gadgets this thing has. The blind spot and radar based systems on it are awesome. It really is a Baby S. I started to test the automatic braking, but only had the stones to let it warn me with a quick blink of the light, I haven't had the nerve to just let go and allow it do its thing. Has anyone tested the automatic braking?
So far the 140 miles it has have been flawless and
Old 09-24-2015, 12:42 PM

2016 C300W4
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Do you not have command? I know on Command systems you should be able to stream audio from your iPhone. I'm not sure if the same is true of the Audio 20 system? Even my 2012 E350 Coupe with Command, streams audio from my iPhone.
Pretty Sure it has Command. It has the Full Multimedia package, with NAV, phone, bluetooth phone, voice control, HD screen, etc. I dont know if it is a limitation of the iPhone BT driver, but I tried it yesterday and it says no BT enabled device was connected, but it was connected for phone. I havent checked the manual yet for instructions, but I am almost positive it has that Command system. It has P1 and P2 with Multimedia package.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:00 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Pretty Sure it has Command. It has the Full Multimedia package, with NAV, phone, bluetooth phone, voice control, HD screen, etc. I dont know if it is a limitation of the iPhone BT driver, but I tried it yesterday and it says no BT enabled device was connected, but it was connected for phone. I havent checked the manual yet for instructions, but I am almost positive it has that Command system. It has P1 and P2 with Multimedia package.
2015 C300 Loaner I had worked perfectly with my iPhone 6 bluetooth streaming for Apple Music, spotify and ESPN Radio.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:47 PM

2016 C300W4
I have been checking out the Apple forums and it seems that one of the suggestions is to turn on the Apple Hot spot. Do you have that turned on? I guess I just need to mess around with it and see if I can get it working, but it never seemed to work properly without plugging it into the connector on the 2014 either.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Then you have full streaming capability from your iPhone to your car. Did you try to stream via Media? That's where the iPhone would stream music through.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:48 PM

2016 C300W4
yeah I went into media after I had it paired for phone, (it auto-connects) and went to media, then to my apple music app, on the Media screen it showed as no bluetooth playback device detected (something like that) I had not yet tried turning on the tethering, or messing too much with it. I just figured it sucked like in the 2014 and would require me to plug it in. Sounds like it may not suck as I expected and I will have to mess with it some more this evening.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah I went into media after I had it paired for phone, (it auto-connects) and went to media, then to my apple music app, on the Media screen it showed as no bluetooth playback device detected (something like that) I had not yet tried turning on the tethering, or messing too much with it. I just figured it sucked like in the 2014 and would require me to plug it in. Sounds like it may not suck as I expected and I will have to mess with it some more this evening.
Go to Settings > Music and see if Use Cellular Data is turned on. If it is off, this could be why you couldn't stream music.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
You DEFINITELY can stream music though your iPhone. You may have to click "connect last device" or something when you first go to the BT streaming screen.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by C_Class_Dad
Yes, inadvertently tested the auto breaking....
I think only the early production cars had auto breaking. The later production ones offered auto braking.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Love the Distronic feature (also known as auto braking/lane keeping); it does get hairy at first but you get use to it.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 C43 Cabriolet
I'm looking at upgrading my 2014 and would be interested in what it cost you, MSRP of 2014 , MSRP of 2016 and your trade in value and mileage ?
Thanks in advance
Old 09-25-2015, 04:38 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
I started to test the automatic braking, but only had the stones to let it warn me with a quick blink of the light, I haven't had the nerve to just let go and allow it do its thing.
Some other threads have concluded that if you do not put your foot on the brake, you will get only 40% braking. To get full braking, you must be actively braking yourself. I recently "tested" the automatic braking a week ago. In heavy traffic on I-287 in NY State at 60 MPH, an 18-wheeler suddenly changed lanes and cut off the car in front of me. I braked hard, but not full braking. I didn't think I needed full braking, and I was more concerned with giving the lady behind me as much room as possible. My C300 with Distronic Plus disagreed and slammed on full emergency braking. (Full emergency braking is very impressive! My wife is short, and had her seat back reclined half way back. The braking almost submarined her out from under her lap belt!)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:52 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
It does work, you just need to initiate the play back from the phone rather than the COMAND system. Which rather defeats the point, but that's how it works.

Pair as you would for phone calls, go to Music or Podcasts on the phone snd start something playing. It'll come out of the car.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
What a great anniversary gift to her! Got any pictures of it?
Old 09-26-2015, 09:30 PM

C300, 911, 328i
It works...I had a guy come into my lane on a 3 lane road and then brake to slow and get into a left lane to turn left. Before I reacted the red light flashed, the audio beep beep beep sounded, my seatbelt tightened, and then hard breaking. How cool is that.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:33 PM

2016 C300W4
Sorry for the delay. I drafted a post on Friday and my session timed out so it didn't post.
I was able to get the BT playback to work as described. You were correct in that I needed to setup the BT pairing in the media as well as the phone section.

As for the braking, I have only gotten to the warning part of the process, and was joking with my wife about trying out on our way to dinner, but she was not up for testing it out and being late for our reservations. :-)

Does anyone know if you turn off the car with the heated seats and heated steering wheel turned on, if the remote start will turn the seats and wheel on as well when you start it in the morning? I cant test it at the moment since it is her car and she has it with her now, but the thought just popped into my head and I thought I would ask you all here.

Ill have to take some pictures when I get home. It really is a great looking car.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:42 PM

2016 C300W4
Originally Posted by gfmohn
Some other threads have concluded that if you do not put your foot on the brake, you will get only 40% braking. To get full braking, you must be actively braking yourself. I recently "tested" the automatic braking a week ago. In heavy traffic on I-287 in NY State at 60 MPH, an 18-wheeler suddenly changed lanes and cut off the car in front of me. I braked hard, but not full braking. I didn't think I needed full braking, and I was more concerned with giving the lady behind me as much room as possible. My C300 with Distronic Plus disagreed and slammed on full emergency braking. (Full emergency braking is very impressive! My wife is short, and had her seat back reclined half way back. The braking almost submarined her out from under her lap belt!)
That is interesting to hear since the dealer had mentioned that it only engages if you do nothing. I would be afraid to lightly press the brakes only to find out it essentially disables that feature. Sounds like it still works. Well I guess that is what insurance is for if it fails. The dealer said that at high speeds, the purpose is not necessarily to completely avoid a collision but to reduce the impact speed and subsequent impact, therefore reducing any possible injuries etc. Either way, that coupled with the myriad of airbags makes me feel very at ease knowing my wife and kids are well protected and comfortable. Her last 2014 C300 was a test of the brand. We had Audis prior and I went to the dealer and said, these are the requirements for the car:
all wheel drive
hands free phone setup integrated
heated seats
If it has all those we can find a car and I'll have her spec out the rest.
Love the MB and never set foot at the BMW dealer across the street.
I really wanted to get the AMG, but alas she would have skinned me if I spent over $80k for her just to have an engine that I wanted.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 C43 Cabriolet
messer262 , I'm interested what the cost was for the 2 year upgrade - I'm looking at doing same thing with mine .
Old 09-28-2015, 07:29 PM

C300, 911, 328i
Your partially correct about the breaking. If you touch the brakes then the auto braking will not work. You will still hear the audible beep and red light but not the assisted breaking. As far as reducing injuries? That just might be an attorney talking, because the way I felt the system it sure felt to me that It would stop the car without any problems. I feel very save knowing its there.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:34 PM

2016 C300W4
Originally Posted by splunge
messer262 , I'm interested what the cost was for the 2 year upgrade - I'm looking at doing same thing with mine .
Well monthly up a bit and we optioned up a bit making the price about $51k.
If we went with their initial offering they had offered a trade up for about $75 more a month with the same money down as before.
I did get the corporate Fleet (Executive Allowance Program) discount of $2000 on the 2016 which is down from $2500 on a 2015.
It wasnt an apples to apples since my prepaid maint was more but I ended up getting $5000 off the sticker on the 2016 which i was happy with. There was no data out there to really compare on a 2016 so i was happy with that.

If you do a close apples to apples i would say it would it might be $75-$100 more at worst.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:01 PM

2016 C300W4
Originally Posted by splunge
I'm looking at upgrading my 2014 and would be interested in what it cost you, MSRP of 2014 , MSRP of 2016 and your trade in value and mileage ?
Thanks in advance
I forget the exact numbers but the 2014 had just turned 30,000 mi. I forget the MSRP on that one. Ahh just found that old packet. The 2014 was $44,009
The 2016 was $50,545
The 2014 was optioned with:
Mb-tex almond
4matic
P1
Mulimedia
Burl
Rear spoiler
Probably some other stuff but i forget the packages.

C300 4Matic
Blind spot
Panoramic roof
Heated steering
Heated seats
Illuminated star
Spoiler
P1
P2
320 Multimedia
17" split 5 spoke alloy wheels

Trade in was i think $30,000

Hope that helps. If you need anything else let me know and ill see what i can dig up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nice Surprise