Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C Class (W205)
Official wind noice service bulletin >

Official wind noice service bulletin

Notices
C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Official wind noice service bulletin

Old 03-28-2018, 11:50 AM

2015 C300 RWD, Luxury Style, Diamond Silver, 18" Wheels, Sport Suspension
For those having trouble with the dealership denying that there is any wind noise, you may want to specify that you are having wind turbulence noise. I had the same trouble with the dealer mechanics always denying any wind noise was heard. I took the shop foreman for a drive, and he also said he did not hear any wind noise. I asked him if he was unable to hear all the noise, and he said he heard it, but it wasn't wind noise, it was wind turbulence noise. I told him that was the noise I kept referring to, and they did the glass replacement.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:01 AM

W205
I might try doing the acoustic glass. I haven’t been driving much on the freeways but last weekend I drove to and from LA and SF and the wind noise was pretty terrible. I went over 80mph and it sounded like the window was totally cracked open. The cross wind was really strong and it got so much worse. Mostly now driving locally it seems to be coming from the top of the windshield or maybe even the pano roof. Ugh don’t want to bring it in again but my keyless go has been acting up too so might as well :-/
Old 04-03-2018, 02:16 PM

AMG in drag
C43. Horrible wind noise issues. The dealer replaced the glass with acoustic and all door seals. It made a very slight improvement. However, 55+ mph the noise is getting loud and eventually unbearable at around 90+ mph. Coming from the left/mid upper end of the windows. I'm puzzled af and even considering selling the god damn car.
Drove a 2018 GMC Acadia... it was quieter. #facepalm
Old 08-01-2018, 04:45 PM

2015 C 300
The front windows of my 2015 C-300 were replaced by the dealer - Dallas, Texas area, with acoustic glass. Took only a couple of days and just picked up car today.
I went prepared with the LI72.10-P-062500 and a summary of comments from this forum. See attached.

No issues or pushback from the service advisor, they called 2 days later, to say front windows were replaced and even re-tinted to same shade with the sun control film.
The invoice shows that the tech had gone step by step through the process with checking door adjustment, seals, installing insulation etc etc and ultimately replaced the glass. All in 2 days!
The part # of acoustic glass is 205-725-23-00 and 205-725-18-00 for the 2 front windows.
All covered by warranty.

Car seems quieter but haven't driven enough.
Overall pretty happy with the process..

My advice is to go prepared with the LI as the service advisor mentioned this was very helpful to them.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Wind noise.docx (537.9 KB, 146 views)
Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 AM

2015 C300 (W205)
Very much appreciate all of the information here. My father just picked up a 2015 C300 but I'm not sure he's been able to enjoy it on a non-congested freeway yet. Will ask him for his objective thoughts on the noise level in the vehicle, and if he says anything that suggests it's showing the symptoms mentioned here, we will take it in for warranty service.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:50 AM

C300 AMG Line Coupe
I took my car into Mercedes in Glasgow. They had the car all day trying to adjust the door, replaced the seal and at the corner of the seal down near the mirror seemed to use sealant.! As expected it had no effect and is probably slightly worse. It is poor design of the car, mine is bad at the mirror and up at the top of the a-pillar where it meets the roof. My car door now squeaks when you open and close it in the rain where the sealant was used. Not had the time to look into it any further as fed up taking the car back in for issues. I just have to turn the stereo up and live with it for now bit will likely only have it a few months and trade it as don't believe there is a way to fix it.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:07 PM

C220 Bluetec
Originally Posted by JoeG1 View Post
I took my car into Mercedes in Glasgow. They had the car all day trying to adjust the door, replaced the seal and at the corner of the seal down near the mirror seemed to use sealant.! As expected it had no effect and is probably slightly worse. It is poor design of the car, mine is bad at the mirror and up at the top of the a-pillar where it meets the roof. My car door now squeaks when you open and close it in the rain where the sealant was used. Not had the time to look into it any further as fed up taking the car back in for issues. I just have to turn the stereo up and live with it for now bit will likely only have it a few months and trade it as don't believe there is a way to fix it.
Urgh that's not what I wanted to read. I picked up a 2015 C220 from the Glasgow branch last week and the wind noise is attrocious. As it's approved used I have alerted them to the issue and they are going to look at it this week. I'm going to refer them to the bulletin and see if they will fit the acoustic glass. It's completely unacceptable, sounds like the window is fractionally down.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:58 AM

C220 Bluetec
Just a quick update for those interested - they managed to fix the door for me without using the acoustic glass. The noise levels are typical for the speed now so happy with that. Door seals are a bit squeaky but some gummi pflege will sort that out.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:58 PM

C400 W205
Talking After market Mirror Caps caused windnoise

This is really silly, but after much deliberation with my dealership, I managed to find the root cause of the wind noise I kept hearing from both driver and passenger windows. I first began by closing the mirrors with the car stopped and driving up to speed (100 kph) on an open road. I would hear some wind noise but not as much as then the mirrors are open. The symptom I heard was more of a "chirp" which would sound like an air leak into the cabin. From there I took some good quality 3M electrical tape and sealed off all the leading edges around the mirror caps I stuck on and make sure everything was nice and smooth. Since this test, I was able to find the root cause finally.

So my solution is to remove the mirrors caps I stuck on, and instead replace them with caps that are a direct install instead of a stick on. Hope this helps anyone else battling a similar issue!