C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

So what do you hate about your W205?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Mike5215
The difference between the static steel Sport Suspension and the static steel Comfort suspension is that the Sport is fractionally lower. The Base car also gets the Comfort suspension.

The minor drop on Sport should not result in an overly harsh or stiff ride. One advantage to a standard shock and to standard rubber bushings is that with time they lose their resistance and become more compliant.

I would look to wheel size. 17" would be ideal and no run flats, which by design have very rigid sidewalls. Go to a salvage yard and get a small donut spare, or carry a can of flat fix. (Using Flat Fix may damage the TPMS, but you won't be stranded.
you're absolutely right, not much difference between the two steel suspensions besides the ride height. even though my C was built with the raised suspension it still handles very well, even having come from 3 previous cars that were benchmark handlers in their segments
Old 02-11-2016, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 149 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
the C300 is my wife's car so I seldom drive it but the B pillar is so wide, especially compared to my W209 which doesn't have one. Visibility to the right rear is horrible.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:26 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
The rattles. I've had my C400 in the shop at least four times now. It just gets worse and worse. It's in the shop right now actually.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:46 AM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by l3it3r
The rattles. I've had my C400 in the shop at least four times now. It just gets worse and worse. It's in the shop right now actually.
i had an airbag compartment rattle, comand screen rattle and a few others, and surprisingly that have fixed all of them using felt tape hidden in certain locations, you should suggest this to your dealer!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:10 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
my comand screen had to be completely replaced - crazy amounts of other work for a bunch of other rattles.. it's madness
Old 02-12-2016, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by l3it3r
my comand screen had to be completely replaced - crazy amounts of other work for a bunch of other rattles.. it's madness
After having my first BMW taken to many many pieces to try and find various rattles and faults over the years. I've learned my lesson with taking cars apart. Unless the rattling noise is incredibly bad and persistent I now leave it well alone, as I don't like my car being ripped apart, usually brings more problems.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I HATE the Burmeister system in my 2015 C300.. so I had it replaced with a custom (awesome) audio system
Old 02-12-2016, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by getto
I HATE the Burmeister system in my 2015 C300.. so I had it replaced with a custom (awesome) audio system
I hope the car is a keeper?!
Old 02-12-2016, 04:55 PM

It's cheaper to keeper

definitely..btw I can have the custom stuff removed and reinstall OEM when I buy/lease a new vehicle
Old 02-14-2016, 06:20 AM

C450
All the metallic stuff in the interior, which are ice cold in the winter and blind you when it's sunny.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:43 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
less than 1 week of owning the car, i'm sure i'll find more as time goes by, but so far:

-no way to skip a song or change station on the steering wheel......like WTF?
-all aftermarket mods are almost twice as expensive as it was on my g35, cannot understand why. kind of unfair, just because the car cost more, the mods shouldn't cost more.
-the command interface, not too intuitive. I checked my friend's lexus IS and the whole media system is very easy to use. I think the Japanese got th electronics parts done much better than the germans.
-car always defaults to CONFORT mode when starting car.
-cannot turn off blind spot assist, parking assist.
-The 7 speed gearbox shifts are not on point, not sure how I can describe it.
-the USBB ports charge my phone extremely slow. I guess they are only for media, WTF were they thinking in this day and age? for a $40k+ car they should have included a wireless charger.
-no spare tire.
-we are in 2016 and the darn merceddes apps connect on 3G. what??????
-no phone tethering to speed up internet. this should have been dumb easy to do.
-illuminated star= cannot make it ON all the time. I wish I could have this on even in daytime. it's a $550 option for F--K sakes.
-talking about options........my car MSRP is $53k with all options and yet I don't even have REAL leather seats. $2300 for leather seats.....WTF?
-no fog lights.
-Mbrace remote start doesn't work 100% of the time.
-whatever happened to apple carplay????????

Despite all of the flaws, I still love the prestige, the interior, and the look of the car. these are the only reason why I bought this over lexus, audi or bmw.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
^ All good points...

...don't forget:

No headlight sprayers, no heated sport steering wheel, and no heated rear seat options either.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 E400 wagon
Just a couple suggestions:

Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
less than 1 week of owning the car, i'm sure i'll find more as time goes by, but so far:

-no way to skip a song or change station on the steering wheel......like WTF?
I'm able to. There's a radio/media section on the instrument cluster. You can then scroll down and pick with the arrow buttons. Still not as straightforward as simple "next/prev" buttons", but that's the price of having a relatively uncluttered steering wheel

-all aftermarket mods are almost twice as expensive as it was on my g35, cannot understand why. kind of unfair, just because the car cost more, the mods shouldn't cost more.
-the command interface, not too intuitive. I checked my friend's lexus IS and the whole media system is very easy to use. I think the Japanese got th electronics parts done much better than the germans.
-car always defaults to CONFORT mode when starting car.
-cannot turn off blind spot assist, parking assist.
You can turn the blind spot assist in the instrument cluster. Just press the home button and explore the different submenus that you can scroll down to. The parking assist can be turned off somewhere as well. You can download the manual from MBUSA and just do a text search.
-The 7 speed gearbox shifts are not on point, not sure how I can describe it.
-the USBB ports charge my phone extremely slow. I guess they are only for media, WTF were they thinking in this day and age? for a $40k+ car they should have included a wireless charger.
-no spare tire.
-we are in 2016 and the darn merceddes apps connect on 3G. what??????
-no phone tethering to speed up internet. this should have been dumb easy to do.
-illuminated star= cannot make it ON all the time. I wish I could have this on even in daytime. it's a $550 option for F--K sakes.
-talking about options........my car MSRP is $53k with all options and yet I don't even have REAL leather seats. $2300 for leather seats.....WTF?
-no fog lights.
-Mbrace remote start doesn't work 100% of the time.
-whatever happened to apple carplay????????

Despite all of the flaws, I still love the prestige, the interior, and the look of the car. these are the only reason why I bought this over lexus, audi or bmw.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:18 PM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by sadpanda
Just a couple suggestions:
thanks for the suggestions.

but seriously, way too many menus to access just to skip a song. I mean, what the heck were they thinking?

every other car I driven had this easily done without overcrowding the steering wheel. Again, lexus does an impressive job at simplicity. Benz needs to learn this from the Japanese.

The blind spot turn off, i'll give it a try.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Er, just press the box symbol on the touch pad and swipe left or right to change tracks, super simple. Or two finger swipe up on the track pad and swipe left or right. Not a dedicated button I agree but still fairly simple.

I wonder why they have a button for telephone pickup and another to put it down. My six year old BMW does both with one button! Free a button for something else MB!
Old 02-14-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Er, just press the box symbol on the touch pad and swipe left or right to change tracks, super simple. Or two finger swipe up on the track pad and swipe left or right. Not a dedicated button I agree but still fairly simple.

I wonder why they have a button for telephone pickup and another to put it down. My six year old BMW does both with one button! Free a button for something else MB!
I never drove a BMW, but every other car I have driven had two buttons. But I agree, use one of them for next track. This is one of the most used buttons in the car, and to not have a dedicated button is just dumb. Also, has anyone noticed that Comand will show international symbols for music tracks, but the MFD will not...
Old 02-14-2016, 01:30 PM

2016 C300
btw, does anyone use the remote start function from mbrace?

so far I have no luck. it always fails.

and sometimes the mbrace won't even log-in from my iPhone 6 plus.

only thing I got working flawlessly is Companion. this one works fine.

it's freaking 3 degrees farenheight right now in NY...........
Old 02-14-2016, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 270 Likes on 184 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
I've never figured out why anyone would by a car for "prestige" when they clearly don't like the features as offered.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:39 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
btw, does anyone use the remote start function from mbrace?

so far I have no luck. it always fails.

and sometimes the mbrace won't even log-in from my iPhone 6 plus.

only thing I got working flawlessly is Companion. this one works fine.

it's freaking 3 degrees farenheight right now in NY...........
Not sure if you tried this yet but In order to get the remote start to work I had to press the I button to set up embrace first. During that call they told me all the rules that apply to be able to auto start.
You have to talk to them first to be able to use the feature. (Set up call) They will then tell you a few other necessary things that have to happen to have it start. Such as having 5 gallons of fuel.
Since I made that call I have had about a 90 percent success on the autostart!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
W205 C250
I have 16K KM on it. There's nothing I could say that I really hate about it, but I do have a list of some negatives:

- bonnet requires strong swing to close properly
- tranny behaves weird sometimes, I think the software for it could be better
- air condition have a weird noise sometimes (depends on temperature)

So far, technically everything works like a charm.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mikey53
I've never figured out why anyone would by a car for "prestige" when they clearly don't like the features as offered.
very reasonable point. I became a Mercedes fan back in the 70's, when it seemed to me that there was a real consistency in the simple, ergonomic layout of the interiors and controls. My dad had a 300D and and 300TD wagon in the 80's (having switched from Cadillacs) and years later his SEL model had virtually the same high-quality interior.

My own first Benz was a 2000 C280 Sport, and I have been so happy with my first 6, all purchased used, that the styling of the W205 was enough to interest me in buying new for the first time (the W204 never grew on me). The car is primarily my wife's, and, yes, prestige is admittedly a big factor (for my own W209 as well); we've dismissed Audis as "a step down". That there is no longer any long-standing consistency to interior layouts is likely just a reality of the modern market trends but it sure taxes my now middle-aged attention span. That damn column shifter might be easier to get used to if driven daily but for me, normally driving my floor shift/paddle shifter CLK550 it's a challenge every Friday night!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:52 AM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by Mikey53
i'm going to try to answer this without offending anyone in here as best as i can. But if i do, please understand it is my opinion.

Now.....

Lets be damn honest. The C300 is overpriced to hell and back. there i said it.

for what you get as standard features VS the competition (mainly japanese luxury) is very substandard.

I mean, no leather seats on a $40k car? this was shocking to me.

lexus and infiniti have come a long way since the 90s. they are knocking on the German's doors.

Lexus interiors are very soft and they actually include heated/vented seats on their premium package.
The mark levinson audio is much better than burmeister.
the resale value completely annihilates anything from Germany.
The ELECTRONICS are much more intuitive and don't have too many hiccups. The mobile apps actually WORK.
Reliability is night and day vs benz.

As for infiniti, for $40k you get luxury + a 300+ HP naturally aspirated engine (Q50). Compared to the 240hp engine in my C300........enough said.

I know i can go for the C450 if i wanted power, but at what cost?

so why did i choose benz over those 2?

Name brand value, thus PRESTIGE. history of mercedes-benz makes those 2 brands feel like "made in china". Benz has a 100+ year history of building some of the most iconic vehicles ever created by mankind. our cars continue this tradition on the FIT and FINISH and also refinement departments. The interior looks more premium, albeit not intuitive for the driver (the germans suck at this).

Don't get me wrong, i love my benz. i fell in love with the sport package looks, the interior and the fact i bought it with my hard earned dollars.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
^ +10000000

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have to admit I was lured to Mercedes a little bit myself when it came to the prestige factor, and of course it's sexy S Class like exterior styling, and it's gorgeous interior...enough to overlook some of the features lacking from the 2015 C300 (heated steering wheel & rear seats, remote start).

I too have high regards when it come to what Japan has to offer, but passed on the Infiniti Q50 due to it's poor steering feel, and didn't buy the Lexus IS 350 because of the older/crappy 6 speed tranny offered on the AWD version.

Last edited by MASSC450; 02-15-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:08 AM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
i'm going to try to answer this without offending anyone in here as best as i can. But if i do, please understand it is my opinion.

Now.....

Lets be damn honest. The C300 is overpriced to hell and back. there i said it.

for what you get as standard features VS the competition (mainly japanese luxury) is very substandard.

I mean, no leather seats on a $40k car? this was shocking to me.

lexus and infiniti have come a long way since the 90s. they are knocking on the German's doors.

Lexus interiors are very soft and they actually include heated/vented seats on their premium package.
The ELECTRONICS are much more intuitive and don't have too many hiccups. The mobile apps actually WORK.

As for infiniti, for $40k you get luxury + a 300+ HP naturally aspirated engine (Q50). Compared to the 240hp engine in my C300........enough said.

I know i can go for the C450 if i wanted power, but at what cost?

so why did i choose benz over those 2?

Name brand value, thus PRESTIGE. history of mercedes-benz makes those 2 brands feel like "made in china". Benz has a 100+ year history of building some of the most iconic vehicles ever created by mankind. our cars continue this tradition on the FIT and FINISH and also refinement departments. The interior looks more premium, albeit not intuitive for the driver (the germans suck at this).

Don't get me wrong, i love my benz. i fell in love with the sport package looks, the interior and the fact i bought it with my hard earned dollars.
very true
Old 02-16-2016, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not so much re: the W205, but when I think of what I will get to replace my W209 coupe someday, Lexus often gets my attention....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So what do you hate about your W205?