C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

So what do you hate about your W205?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by eddieo45
Not so much re: the W205, but when I think of what I will get to replace my W209 coupe someday, Lexus often gets my attention....

nice choice. i actually test drove a audi A5, lexus RC350, IS350, and the benz.

RC350 i was || this close to pulling the trigger.

The problem is that the car is in such a high demand in NY that the 2 dealers i went to were not willing to negotiate all that much.

with zero down (i never down pay anything on leased cars, NEVER)

they were asking $520 a month.

the audi needed some serious options to make it look good (18" rims, S body kit, bang & olufsen stereo so darn expensive). at which point it came out to $500 a month.

i ended up with the benz for $499 zero down zero miles 12k a year. i had offers for about $350 a month for one with 8k miles.

no way i'm leasing a used vehicle, even if it has 1k miles. i like mine with ZERO or less than 30 miles.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:12 AM
mvw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Er, just press the box symbol on the touch pad and swipe left or right to change tracks, super simple. Or two finger swipe up on the track pad and swipe left or right. Not a dedicated button I agree but still fairly simple.

I wonder why they have a button for telephone pickup and another to put it down. My six year old BMW does both with one button! Free a button for something else MB!
Worse for me is that the stupid phone buttons don't do anything unless you move the display over to phone mode.

Like why do I need to dig through menus to bring up contacts instead of just pressing the phone button on the steering wheel.

I really wonder sometimes who they hired to map all these things out and test them, because whoever they used should be put in a zoo and studied to understand what is wrong with them.

And while the voice command works great for addresses, it is absolutely horrible for contacts.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:19 AM
mvw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
Originally Posted by eddieo45
Not so much re: the W205, but when I think of what I will get to replace my W209 coupe someday, Lexus often gets my attention....

I can't stand the front grilles on the Lexuses. I stopped even considering as an alternative when they moved all those grilles over from their SUVs.

The infinitis are the best value for money out there in terms of "luxury" cars. Every one of their models lines up very, very well with its closest competitors at a much lower price point. But nothing beats the interior on my C450.
The following users liked this post:
DaneDad (12-17-2020)
Old 02-16-2016, 01:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300 RWD Sport Premium
Replaced my wipers due to the skipping and chattering. These are worse than the other pair.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Originally Posted by CO2010
Replaced my wipers due to the skipping and chattering. These are worse than the other pair.
I saw a thread a while back about this, apparently there's a coating on the windshield which causes this, you can remove the coating if you want and it'll stop chattering. Not sure what the cons are for such removal, someone may be able to post a link to that thread if you can't find it.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300 RWD Sport Premium
Originally Posted by LAC300
I saw a thread a while back about this, apparently there's a coating on the windshield which causes this, you can remove the coating if you want and it'll stop chattering. Not sure what the cons are for such removal, someone may be able to post a link to that thread if you can't find it.
This is actually my third pair! I don't know why MB thinks that just swapping out the blades is going to fix the issue. They need to install a different type or brand of blade.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:23 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Originally Posted by LAC300
Certain waxes from car washes can build up (let alone if you've used Rain-X, which is a very hard wax). Rub your windshield hard (but don't scour it) with denatured alcohol or some commercial cleaner from an auto parts store.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:30 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
really ******* pissed that leaving my $450 persol sunglasses in the sunglass holder has made the arms malleable. This is happened to me before with a VW but I wouldn't expect it with a Mercedes.. This was not even during summer months.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by mvw
Worse for me is that the stupid phone buttons don't do anything unless you move the display over to phone mode.

Like why do I need to dig through menus to bring up contacts instead of just pressing the phone button on the steering wheel.

I really wonder sometimes who they hired to map all these things out and test them, because whoever they used should be put in a zoo and studied to understand what is wrong with them.

And while the voice command works great for addresses, it is absolutely horrible for contacts.
that is the weakness in all European cars. VW sort of gets it with their system. but BMW idrive, audi mmi are both as complicated as the benz.

nobody beats the Japanese when it comes to simplicity + ease of use + reliability. the drawback with Japanese is that they all look like toys + they use cheap looking buttons.

I guess you can't have the best of both.......
Old 03-09-2016, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016, MB C220 AMG S205 4Matic
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
that is the weakness in all European cars. VW sort of gets it with their system. but BMW idrive, audi mmi are both as complicated as the benz.

nobody beats the Japanese when it comes to simplicity + ease of use + reliability. the drawback with Japanese is that they all look like toys + they use cheap looking buttons.

I guess you can't have the best of both.......

All of the Audi, BMW, VW I have owned and driven, has always taken me to the last called contacts with the phone-button. This is something I really hate about the MB, cause usually the person I wanna call I have called recently. So thats something that really bugs me.

And also, the layout of the phone menu in the center console screen is just pure awful. They could have done a much more esthetically-pleasing design. Added some more functionality, like 6 favorite contacts and so on.

Even a basic golf has a much more advanced and nice layout on their head unit. Well, that is a few of the things i really dislike and can't imagine why they haven't done different.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
i hate that my C300 isn't a C63

probably been said before but i didnt read any of this thread
Old 03-10-2016, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by topsider
really ******* pissed that leaving my $450 persol sunglasses in the sunglass holder has made the arms malleable. This is happened to me before with a VW but I wouldn't expect it with a Mercedes.. This was not even during summer months.
Putting glasses in the car has made the arms soft? How does that happen?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by ManiacGT

Putting glasses in the car has made the arms soft? How does that happen?

Sounds like the sun's heat softened his glasses. I don't have this problem since my sun glasses have a metal frame/arms. I'm sure it's more of an issue when you have the pano roof since the front panel before the glass panel is black and would absorb more heat opposed to the non-pano roof cars with body colored aluminum roofs...plus you get all that extra sun/heat through the glass of the pano roof.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:20 AM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MASSC300
Sounds like the sun's heat softened his glasses. I don't have this problem since my sun glasses have a metal frame/arms. I'm sure it's more of an issue when you have the pano roof since the front panel before the glass panel is black and would absorb more heat opposed to the non-pano roof cars with body colored aluminum roofs...plus you get all that extra sun/heat through the glass of the pano roof.
exactly its from heat. Took my frames to an eye glass store and they reheated them and fixed them for me..now I know not to keep plastic frames in the holder!
Old 03-10-2016, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 W205
It's been said over & over again... Auto Stop/Start

I cannot stand the auto start/stop system... I am sure you all have heard that before, but I cannot resist the urge to vent my anger...grrr... I almost regret buying the car... Even worse, the service adviser at my local dealer told me that the car doesn't use the starter to re-start the engine when i asked if it could be disabled... (it must be done by magic)... It is my only complaint with the car... But one I have to deal with every time I drive it...
Old 03-10-2016, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by whelland
I cannot stand the auto start/stop system... I am sure you all have heard that before, but I cannot resist the urge to vent my anger...grrr... I almost regret buying the car... Even worse, the service adviser at my local dealer told me that the car doesn't use the starter to re-start the engine when i asked if it could be disabled... (it must be done by magic)... It is my only complaint with the car... But one I have to deal with every time I drive it...
Me too....it sucks!
Old 03-11-2016, 12:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by whelland
Just turn it off - I am now in a very simple routine - get in the car, press button to Start, press button to put in Drive, pull button to release Parking Brake, press button to Off Auto Start Stop.

Easy. I honestly don't even think about it one.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by jolt8631

Just turn it off - I am now in a very simple routine - get in the car, press button to Start, press button to put in Drive, pull button to release Parking Brake, press button to Off Auto Start Stop.

Unnecessary to manually disable the parking brake...as soon as you put the car in gear and give it some gas, the parking brake releases automatically.

I'm in the camp though of hating the ECO auto start/stop function, definitely the most annoying function of the car.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:35 AM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
i must be the only person that likes it. in highway stop and go traffic it is annoying and ill turn it off but when ever I'm doing normal driving I leave it on. in the e350 it is a lot more intrusive and I always turn it off but the 4 cyl stop start is a lot smoother than that. it also makes me happy to know that I'm not burning my money while sitting still
The following users liked this post:
Northruption (04-18-2021)
Old 03-11-2016, 09:37 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
On my W204 it is second nature to just press the Eco button to turn off Auto Start/Stop, I'll likely do the same on my W205.

Chalk it up to MB being so strict traditionally speaking, I doubt it has anything to do with emissions as BMW has the option to disable start/stop for good. It's kind of like how there is no volume meter/number to show you how high your volume is. Perhaps they believe that having it start by default is making the world a better place.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:44 AM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
On my W204 it is second nature to just press the Eco button to turn off Auto Start/Stop, I'll likely do the same on my W205.

Chalk it up to MB being so strict traditionally speaking, I doubt it has anything to do with emissions as BMW has the option to disable start/stop for good. It's kind of like how there is no volume meter/number to show you how high your volume is. Perhaps they believe that having it start by default is making the world a better place.
if it is on by default the C02 figures and mpg figures go into the mpg and CAFE ratings. if it was an option, the ratings would not be as good. Also, BMW was able to get around this by initially rolling out the 3 series with it on as default, and then changing it after the first model year.

On the newer models they are able to get around it by having it default on when u first get the car, and then having it be a standard option to turn it off down the road so to speak
Old 03-11-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by topsider
if it is on by default the C02 figures and mpg figures go into the mpg and CAFE ratings. if it was an option, the ratings would not be as good. Also, BMW was able to get around this by initially rolling out the 3 series with it on as default, and then changing it after the first model year.

On the newer models they are able to get around it by having it default on when u first get the car, and then having it be a standard option to turn it off down the road so to speak
So I wonder why MB can't get in on that deal. Either way it really isn't that serious as you can simply press the button, this is why I think it's an MB personal preference to have all their models default to on.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:27 PM

2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
So I wonder why MB can't get in on that deal. Either way it really isn't that serious as you can simply press the button, this is why I think it's an MB personal preference to have all their models default to on.
not sure, but when I'm on the highway so I don't have to deal with it I usually revert to my individual setting where I have engine in comfort, start/stop off and steering in sport (less need for steering correction at high speed) but in city use its a lot better than what I've noticed in an e350. you virtually have the same engine as that so I'm guessing the 16 will feel a little better to you unless u get a 43
Old 03-14-2016, 11:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450 Palladium Silver Metallic
No red ambient lighting.....pretty sure it would look amazing with my red leather interior.......
Old 03-22-2016, 09:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1995 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by cfourfifty_2016
No red ambient lighting.....pretty sure it would look amazing with my red leather interior.......
Agreed! This seems like a deliberate limitation to fluff up the E and S class features.

I've already commented on what I dislike about my car but I failed to mention the navigation system. in my Audi and Chrysler I can set an address as my home and when I want to navigate to it from anywhere all I have to do is press the "Go Home" button. Not so in MB. Ugh.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So what do you hate about your W205?