C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Canadian 2016 C300 w/ Sport Package winter rims and tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300 w/Sport Package
Canadian 2016 C300 w/ Sport Package winter rims and tires

Hi All,

Newbie here.

Just got a 2016 C300 with Sport Package in the Toronto Area.

I was wondering who has winter tires for the sport package?

Was anyone able to get 17inch rims? Do the clear the calipers?

Also, any recommended stores in the GTA? I am close to Tires23 so I was thinking of going there and getting some micheline xice3 tires.

I have a white car and was thinking of getting black rims.

Just wondering if people can post pics of their rims that I can purchase in the GTA ASAP? Lots of snow today and I want to get a set ASAP.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C300 Hyacinth Red (Premium Plus, Sport, Intelligent Drive, Airmatic, Active LED)
Hey fellow Canadian 2016 C300 with Sport Package.

I got 17" RWC MB92 rims from Kipling Tire in Etobicoke, about $150 (per rim) with Pirelli snow tires that I had from my previous BMW 3 series.

Its a tight fit but within specs; you just need to be careful with the placement of wheel weights.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:40 AM

2016 C300
Congratulations! I posted similar thread about it recently
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...300-sport.html

Didn't get the car yet, still waiting since Oct. 31

Did you custom order yours or bought it from dealer lot?
Old 01-12-2016, 10:57 AM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by hello99
Also, any recommended stores in the GTA? I am close to Tires23 so I was thinking of going there and getting some micheline xice3 tires.
Found this winter wheels and tires package on Kijiji for $1,100 installed plus tax with Blizzak tires which are excellent, rims look almost the same as the 18" AMG
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ci...ationFlag=true
Old 01-12-2016, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Brutus99
Congratulations! I posted similar thread about it recently
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...300-sport.html

Didn't get the car yet, still waiting since Oct. 31

Did you custom order yours or bought it from dealer lot?
I'll take a look. I ordered from the lot as I wanted to get the 3 months payment waiver before the end of the year.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:06 AM

Found this winter wheels and tires package on Kijiji for $1,100 installed plus tax with Blizzak tires which are excellent, rims look almost the same as the 18" AMG
Those look nice.

I wonder if there is a certain quality you get with the replicas? There are a few guys on Kijiji.

There is this one:

And this one too:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ci...aze/1124939859

Never heard of these guys, not that I know many tire dealers though.

Was thinking of getting something that look a little different then the 5 spoke 18inch sport ones.

Was thinking of black but not sure what look?

That is why I was asking for recommendations and pics
Old 01-12-2016, 03:17 PM

2016 C300
If you want something different then the first link you posted looks good. I love the AMG star design personally lol Black will look great. You can probably do a search of what others installed for winter if you need ideas.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:31 PM

If you want something different then the first link you posted looks good. I love the AMG star design personally lol Black will look great. You can probably do a search of what others installed for winter if you need ideas.

You mean the AMG star design that comes with the sport package?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:34 PM

2016 C300
Originally Posted by hello99
You mean the AMG star design that comes with the sport package?
That's the design I like most so yes if that's what you're asking. But if you want something different then this looks good too http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/ci...ationFlag=true
Old 01-13-2016, 01:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 C400, 03' C240, '79 240D
Originally Posted by acherny
Hey fellow Canadian 2016 C300 with Sport Package.

I got 17" RWC MB92 rims from Kipling Tire in Etobicoke, about $150 (per rim) with Pirelli snow tires that I had from my previous BMW 3 series.

Its a tight fit but within specs; you just need to be careful with the placement of wheel weights.
How did you find the service at Kipling Tire? I got two sets of summer tires from them along with wheel refinishing and honestly I have never had more incompetent or worse service at a tire shop. My last set of tires I ordered the fronts one year and rears the next year - due to staggered set up and fronts wearing out faster. I ordered new rubber for the front first and had them refinish the wheels - some curb rash and chipping paint around the bolt holes. Not only were they delayed in returning the rims after 6 weeks instead of two but then when I finally got them, job was so poorly done that they had to sent them ANOTHER refinisher. I guess the first guy they use is cheap so they got what they paid for. The next year I went back (I shouldn't have) and had them replace the rear rubber with the same brand/style as the ones they put in the front and to also refinish the rear wheels with their "good" refinisher. When I picked up the wheels they were already in bags and I asked the guy - "Was everything done correctly or do I have to inspect these? " he said no no they're good. So we put them in my car but before I drive off I have second doubts and feel the tread pattern through the plastic bag and right away I know something is wrong. I open up the bag and sure enough they're not even the right tire - not by a long shot And on top of that the wheel lip was the poorest refinishing job I'd ever seen. It wasn't sanded smooth, you could clearly see the mill-lines from the lathe.
In both instances I asked the guy - "if these were your wheels, would you accept them like this?" and he said "no". So how do you have a nerve to give them to a customer?
If you look at their reviews online they have sooo many similar stories. However, people still go there because the have a large professional looking building/business so people assume that equates to good quality of work. I know many people that have gone there and have all sooner or later had really bad experiences. Perhaps it's a shop only decent at stock set-ups - not aftermarket. Did I mention I had the nut from the valve stem fall off inside the tire... do you know how hard that was to diagnose and how annoying that was for months to hear that 'pinging' sound every time I drove at low speeds? That happened two separate times and I asked them the second time to put lock-tight on the nut and they said they didn't have any.....

Anyways, sorry for the long post Acherny, just want to make you aware in case you start having problems down the road like valve nuts falling inside your rim or wheel refinishing disasters. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2016, 04:27 AM

Mercedes Benz C300 2015
another 17" winter setup

Here is my setup: I am running 17" replika wheels from FastCo. on Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 tires. They are tight but clear the calipers. I have the sports package.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C300 Hyacinth Red (Premium Plus, Sport, Intelligent Drive, Airmatic, Active LED)
Appreciate the heads up, will definitely keep your comments in mind in case I need future tire service!

All I had them do was to mount my existing tires on new rims; I put the wheels on myself.

Originally Posted by T.O_c240
How did you find the service at Kipling Tire? I got two sets of summer tires from them along with wheel refinishing and honestly I have never had more incompetent or worse service at a tire shop. My last set of tires I ordered the fronts one year and rears the next year - due to staggered set up and fronts wearing out faster. I ordered new rubber for the front first and had them refinish the wheels - some curb rash and chipping paint around the bolt holes. Not only were they delayed in returning the rims after 6 weeks instead of two but then when I finally got them, job was so poorly done that they had to sent them ANOTHER refinisher. I guess the first guy they use is cheap so they got what they paid for. The next year I went back (I shouldn't have) and had them replace the rear rubber with the same brand/style as the ones they put in the front and to also refinish the rear wheels with their "good" refinisher. When I picked up the wheels they were already in bags and I asked the guy - "Was everything done correctly or do I have to inspect these? " he said no no they're good. So we put them in my car but before I drive off I have second doubts and feel the tread pattern through the plastic bag and right away I know something is wrong. I open up the bag and sure enough they're not even the right tire - not by a long shot And on top of that the wheel lip was the poorest refinishing job I'd ever seen. It wasn't sanded smooth, you could clearly see the mill-lines from the lathe.
In both instances I asked the guy - "if these were your wheels, would you accept them like this?" and he said "no". So how do you have a nerve to give them to a customer?
If you look at their reviews online they have sooo many similar stories. However, people still go there because the have a large professional looking building/business so people assume that equates to good quality of work. I know many people that have gone there and have all sooner or later had really bad experiences. Perhaps it's a shop only decent at stock set-ups - not aftermarket. Did I mention I had the nut from the valve stem fall off inside the tire... do you know how hard that was to diagnose and how annoying that was for months to hear that 'pinging' sound every time I drove at low speeds? That happened two separate times and I asked them the second time to put lock-tight on the nut and they said they didn't have any.....

Anyways, sorry for the long post Acherny, just want to make you aware in case you start having problems down the road like valve nuts falling inside your rim or wheel refinishing disasters. Cheers!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:40 AM

Those look nice, do they have them in black?

Where did you get them installed?

Originally Posted by Mercedes-C300
Here is my setup: I am running 17" replika wheels from FastCo. on Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 tires. They are tight but clear the calipers. I have the sports package.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:44 AM

Has anyone used the Nokian Hakkapeliitta tires for winter?
Old 01-13-2016, 01:34 PM

Hi,

Just a little confused about aftermarket rims.

I was just googling one of the places and found this thread:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149739

It's says how these aftermarket rims which are made in China or really really poor quality.

So, where to find good quality aftermarket rims?

There are some popular stores like Tires23 and simplytire (these guys don't have black). Are they selling better rims?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,391 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
20" rims!!!

Peeps better be picking up that wheel tire protection package!!!
Old 01-15-2016, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
already responded to your PM but heres my winter setup, went with 18's